I'm so excited....

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well I cannot contain my excitement anymore as those of you who know me will realise that since my split I have not been able to have my kids stay with me due to various reasons.

Well, NOT ANYMORE!! Tonight I drive down to pick them up and bring them back to Daddy's new home. My son sent me a text last night saying "I can't wait for tomorrow Dad, I love you so much". I was out at the time round a mates and I have to admit, it brought a tear to my eyes (for those of you who have kids but they don't live with you).

I am really really excited about this, yet on the other hand, I am quite nervous. What if they don't like it etc?

Anyway, tomorrow we go bowling and swimming, Sunday off to the park near to me to watch the grownups play football. My little girl will play in the swing/roundabout bit no doubt.

/me looks at the clock....

W

WPKenny

n1! :)

I don't have kids yet (don't go getting any ideas Damini) but I think I can understand how happy that news would make me feel.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Originally posted by ECA
Congrats , its good when things work out.

This is nothing to do with the split from the ex-wife but my last partner of 4 years.

Kids were quite cut up about it and I think they have been worried about me. At least their fears will be quashed wheh I bring them back here for some quality time together.

My ex-wife is one of my better friends, even during my split with Polly she was there for me, offering storage, help and a shoulder. Only sad thing is that I could never ever go back there even tho she is a pillar of support. To be frank and honest I feel I am a lucky person to have her the way we are - good friends that get on well as the kids like it as well. For eg, I will go down tonight, see my parents and then pop over to her house (which is 50 yards from my parents), and have a cup of tea, ciggie and a good natter for an hour before coming home.

J

Jupitus

*manly hug for DBs*

ahem....

One of my very earliest and happiest childhood memory is not a specific event, but a feeling... a feeling of how happy and excited I would be on the 3rd Friday in every month, because that meant a weekend at Dad's place!!

Have fun with em, DBs, they're vewy vewy special :)

L

L_Plates

Nice 1 dood im sure everything will be great.

have fun with the kids.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Originally posted by Jupitus
*manly hug for DBs*

ahem....

One of my very earliest and happiest childhood memory is not a specific event, but a feeling... a feeling of how happy and excited I would be on the 3rd Friday in every month, because that meant a weekend at Dad's place!!

Have fun with em, DBs, they're vewy vewy special :)

Oh they are great kids, very low maintenance, full of life and never bloody stop talking even when they are told to go to bed.

Many people comment on how well behaved my kids are which is nice to hear. I sometimes see kids running riot and being little shits and I would be very pissed off if mine behaved like that. Don't get me wrong, I don't keep them on a leash but I expect them to respect others, their property, be polite and enjoy life.

J

Jonaldo

Just remember not to spoil em too much :) popularity contests are never good news between parents, though by the sounds of the relationship you still have with their mum this wouldn't be the case anyway as you seem good friends.

Nice to hear not all relationships that end turn sour :)

E

Embattle

Originally posted by DBs
I sometimes see kids running riot and being little shits and I would be very pissed off if mine behaved like that.

Bloke next door has a set like that, they come every other weekend....damn noisy shits.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Originally posted by Jonaldo
Just remember not to spoil em too much :) popularity contests are never good news between parents, though by the sounds of the relationship you still have with their mum this wouldn't be the case anyway as you seem good friends.

Nice to hear not all relationships that end turn sour :)

HAHAHAHA no chance of that. She still does the old trick "Behave otherwise I am calling your dad" and they then start crying or being very well behaved. I have never believed in spoiling my kids, my mum sometimes thinks I am too hard on them :p

Other times I can ring them up to speak to them, I talk to the ex and ask if they have been good and she will say no, the kids hear her tell me that and won't come to the phone incase I tell them off. I am the big bad wolf in their eyes but they love me dearly and me them.

Aye, tis good that it didn't turn sour when I left, tho it was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life - leaving my kids.

D

Damini

Heh, having seen those pictures and having seen a couple pictures of you, there's no denying at all that they're your kids is there? They've both got a very strong resemblance to you (may be compounded if your wife looked like a female version of you, don't know, but if she was blonde and blue eyed than I think your DNA did some major storming through).

They look like top kids :) Your boy's 12 though? How long before you joins the green? Is he a computer fiend yet?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Originally posted by Damini
Heh, having seen those pictures and having seen a couple pictures of you, there's no denying at all that they're your kids is there? They've both got a very strong resemblance to you (may be compounded if your wife looked like a female version of you, don't know, but if she was blonde and blue eyed than I think your DNA did some major storming through).

They look like top kids :) Your boy's 12 though? How long before you joins the green? Is he a computer fiend yet?

Trust me they are mine. The EX-wife :p was brown hair with blueish eyes but like you say my DNA was the stronger :p

Yes he is 12.5 yrs old and has his own p3 1ghz pc which he does his schoolwork on. He wants the internet and I will sort that for him but I will put him on AOL for the parental controls. He does like PCs and consoles, as does Anna-Marie.

D

Damini

Ahh, see when I talked about her in the past tense I meant that to refer to her being your ex-wife. I now realise that it just made it sound like she is dead :/ My bad...

Y

Yoni

ohhhh nice one DBs I hope you have a wonderful weekend with them. New pics btw those ones are old now :p

I know how exctied JBP gets when he sees his son and vice versa so you must be almost peeing your pants by now.:p

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by DBs
Many people comment on how well behaved my kids are which is nice to hear. I sometimes see kids running riot and being little shits and I would be very pissed off if mine behaved like that. Don't get me wrong, I don't keep them on a leash but I expect them to respect others, their property, be polite and enjoy life.

Keep it up pal, same as I do exactly, and happily with similar results... nice comments always make me fucking proud :)

Not always fun, being tough, but worth it in the long run I think.

My kids aint gonna be picking on grannies.... well only their own ;)

Have a great weekend :)

E

Ekydus

Not hijacking your thread. Just think that it's quite sad how modern society is turning out. Men are being thrown out on their ass and never get to see their children because the mother gave birth to them. :)rolleyes:!) But, but, BUT! You have to pay for their support aswell.

Look at the amount of people with ex-wives / ex-husbands. Not a good sign really, is it?

My ex-wife is one of my better friends, even during my split with Polly she was there for me, offering storage, help and a shoulder. Only sad thing is that I could never ever go back there even tho she is a pillar of support.
Now I don't know the circumstances, but how can she throw you out on your ass and still pretend it's OK by offering you storage?

:/

S

S-Gray

heh, for some reason i thought DBs was "Mr. Corvelli".... He just.... looks like how i thought DBs would look ;)

S

Sharma

Nice one DBs.

Heh it will be ok, im in a divorced parents position and love being with my dad, it should be fine for you. ;)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Originally posted by Ekydus
Not hijacking your thread. Just think that it's quite sad how modern society is turning out. Men are being thrown out on their ass and never get to see their children because the mother gave birth to them. :)rolleyes:!) But, but, BUT! You have to pay for their support aswell.

Look at the amount of people with ex-wives / ex-husbands. Not a good sign really, is it?

Now I don't know the circumstances, but how can she throw you out on your ass and still pretend it's OK by offering you storage?

:/

No you don't. I left her. I was not thrown out, she didn't want me to leave.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ok, update time:

Kids absolutely love my new flat. Anna-Marie came out with "I would pay a million pounds for this place Daddy" - bless her. Francesco did the macho thing, "Cool flat Dad, I love it".

They sorted out who was sleeping on the top bunk before I picked them up so no arguing :p

Just put them to bed after trying on all their clothes I had of theirs stored in boxes.

Has been a great night so far, plenty of laughter and cuddles.

Sidenote:

I left their mother 4 years ago of my own accord. She is now a good friend but I don't love/look at her in that way but I do love her as she is the mother of my children, weird kind of love I guess.

They haven't been back with me for the last 6 odd weeks due to me moving home/splitting up with my gf of 4 years.

Hopefully that will clear some things up.

E

Ekydus

Ah well, just hope you didn't take me in the wrong way. :) I'm in a bit of a mood tonight anyway. :p

It's good to hear you're still friends though. Good luck with your kids. Just make sure you don't spoil them because they'll probably just end up abusing you over it. :/

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Originally posted by Ekydus
Ah well, just hope you didn't take me in the wrong way. :) I'm in a bit of a mood tonight anyway. :p

It's good to hear you're still friends though. Good luck with your kids. Just make sure you don't spoil them because they'll probably just end up abusing you over it. :/

Course not and I don't believe in spoiling my kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom