I'm French

vimn

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks you all for your reply.

I think that the problem is to say that : "camlann is an english server" !!!!!!!

no.

Camlann is the only European PvP server. (there is english "normal" server, as french and german too)

English is the easiest langage to communicate in this game, but it's not the only one.

How could you say that 99% of french and german speak thier native on public CC ?

Cause you notice french an german in this CC ?

so ?

I speak english on public cc : you never notice me as a "french bastard", and 75% of my guildmate do the same (25% dont speak english cause they dont understand reply in english).

There is a loot more french and german on camlann than english people, that's why you think that "everybody" speak their native : that is simply not true.

I hope some of you will remember the Beta time of Daoc !!
One server for all people, eveybody speaking their native or english to communicate in the best way, nobody "grumble" about langage of others players. :fluffle:

A special thanks to Tilda who came on French Forum to apologize for some post on this forum !!
(i hope my english is better than the babelfish translation of Tilda in french : i almost pee on me) :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
if the time difference was not so much of a bugger i would like to play mordred.

Kaj

Fledgling Freddie
If i didnt use FH everyday i would post a really stupid reply. But never mind. Just end this post cos we are not getting anywhere, we say english is the international language, and you say french and german is cos you have more people. There's no end of it. Just good advice to the English speaking people: Next time you start playing a new MMORPG, play on US servers. You get latest patches first, and you dont have to put up with this.

Ormor

Fledgling Freddie
I'm trying to sell acc and move to mordred atm ;o Time difference suits me tbh, artifacts will be up, etc :)

Kaj

Fledgling Freddie
Ormor said:
I'm trying to sell acc and move to mordred atm ;o Time difference suits me tbh, artifacts will be up, etc :)

what he said :p
I just sold my main account, and if it wasnt for my friends playing on camlann i would sell that too.. But next MMORPG I'll be playing on US servers for sure. I learned from my mistake big time.

HaveMe

Fledgling Freddie
Oh sure Kaj, the pleasure you have playing in Camlann might be really waste by some ppl using their own language ... obviously, Daoc gameplay is based on a /s and /b chat, there is nothing more to have fun ...

You should come for 2 weeks where i leave ;) ppl there in the streets speak arabic, italian, spanish, turkish ... perhaps you will understand the meaning of this word: tolerance.
I agree, in public chat ppl should all use english but you see a few ppl speaking french/german and you cry ... what about hundreds ones who speak english and you dont realize they are french, german ... etc... ?

pfff you simply think like any racist who see one criminal in a community and then say the whole community are criminals...

Don't want to spend much more time with racists. :(

Thx to the others, clever english, who had take care of what i wanted to say. :cheers:

Tilda

vimn said:
A special thanks to Tilda who came on French Forum to apologize for some post on this forum !!
(i hope my english is better than the babelfish translation of Tilda in french : i almost pee on me) :)
Your english is great ;)

B

Ballad

Bahumat said:
because its for the good of the board, regardless if ppl are idiots on here the trading part is essential.

dont be all "dont be naughty or mummy wont buy you sweets"

this is a great idea to help the board, you guys must of seen this and think the same or you would not of considered the idea. tbh if you ban me for this post then fair enough but we gave a good idea for this forum and it hsould not be stripped away cause of what/how we post. this directly affects the good posters on here as well. why should they miss out?
Bahumat made finally some sense. :m00:

B

Ballad

vimn said:
Thanks you all for your reply.

I think that the problem is to say that : "camlann is an english server" !!!!!!!

no.

Camlann is the only European PvP server. (there is english "normal" server, as french and german too)

English is the easiest langage to communicate in this game, but it's not the only one.

How could you say that 99% of french and german speak thier native on public CC ?

Cause you notice french an german in this CC ?

so ?

I speak english on public cc : you never notice me as a "french bastard", and 75% of my guildmate do the same (25% dont speak english cause they dont understand reply in english).

There is a loot more french and german on camlann than english people, that's why you think that "everybody" speak their native : that is simply not true.

I hope some of you will remember the Beta time of Daoc !!
One server for all people, eveybody speaking their native or english to communicate in the best way, nobody "grumble" about langage of others players. :fluffle:

Sorry to disappoint you mate but as long as GOA has it flagged as an english server it's an english server.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
tilda pls oh pls close these crappy threads. this is the argment

yeah speak english on english server as english is known by near all nations

they say

no your racist or we should not have to.

the rules are in ballads sig its not that hard to understand surely.

the thing i hate about the threads is they dont lead anywhere and half teh french ppl who post dont bother again so another french person comes in and starts the argument up again

Kaj

Fledgling Freddie
HaveMe said:
Oh sure Kaj, the pleasure you have playing in Camlann might be really waste by some ppl using their own language ... obviously, Daoc gameplay is based on a /s and /b chat, there is nothing more to have fun ...

You should come for 2 weeks where i leave ;) ppl there in the streets speak arabic, italian, spanish, turkish ... perhaps you will understand the meaning of this word: tolerance.
I agree, in public chat ppl should all use english but you see a few ppl speaking french/german and you cry ... what about hundreds ones who speak english and you dont realize they are french, german ... etc... ?

pfff you simply think like any racist who see one criminal in a community and then say the whole community are criminals...

Don't want to spend much more time with racists. :(

Thx to the others, clever english, who had take care of what i wanted to say. :cheers:

You made no sense what so ever. Obviously you dont know me, and dont give me shit about racism, cos ive been there. I dont even come from Sweden, i came here 17 years ago, and ive been thrue HELL. Your totaly missing the point of this conversation. Im not taking this any further with you.

Edit: Oh yeah, and im a Muslim too. Does that make me a Terrorist mate? Go figure what i have to do to even travel outside the country. I spent 3 weeks in jail once cos they thought i had lethal weapons/weapons of mass distruciton.

Kaj

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
typical stereotyping :(

Your the one posting meaningless replies now mate. Just ignore it and stop crying. No one told you to post here.

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
tbh, these threads are gettin boring now.

Give it up.

It's an english server yer, but frenchies and germans dont get a pvp server so they play here.

They are bound to talk german/french from time to time. Why make a fuss about it?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
ffs i made a point of sticking up for you as you prob get alot of that stuff which is wrong, nasty looks and what not. hence the sterotyping. it was by no means an insult

and i post whenever i want till i get kicked that is

Kaj

Fledgling Freddie
Oh well, this thread is getting closed soon anyway.

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
Ning said:
You're just completly wrong in your translation.
Actually he was defending the English people by saying the french should not generalise the few xenephobic people bashing the french on these forums. At the end of the message he asks (with humor) what the french do better than the english to generate such hate and say it's maybe because of football.

It was the first bit I cared about tbh ;)

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Ballad that makes my good posts top your good posts :)

(cleric > shammy still!)

EuSKALDuN

Fledgling Freddie
Tsabo said:
Last I checked it was Spanish, was about a year ago though ^^

as long as i know, and learned... mandarin chinesse is the most spoken, second is spanish, and 3rd is english.

imo speaking the server language is not only a matter of the CoC tho it is also being polite, as long as i dont know the origing of the person to whom im talking i talk to him in english cause is probably the language that most ppl study in the school at least.

im spanish, and talk english spanish, basque, french and a little bit of german, so i dont usually have many problems when someone talks in their own language.

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
EuSKALDuN said:
as long as i know, and learned... mandarin chinesse is the most spoken, second is spanish, and 3rd is english.

imo speaking the server language is not only a matter of the CoC tho it is also being polite, as long as i dont know the origing of the person to whom im talking i talk to him in english cause is probably the language that most ppl study in the school at least.

im spanish, and talk english spanish, basque, french and a little bit of german, so i dont usually have many problems when someone talks in their own language.

Basque is just a dialect of Spanish iirc same as US English vs UK English unless I'm mistaken otherwise my list of languges extends greatly ;)

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
EuSKALDuN said:

Who cares though? is it really going to ruin ur ingame experience if someone talks another language, just pretend they are talking some troll language you dont understand if you wanna be arsey and roleplay.

Talk how ever you want you foreign guys, infact my vocabulary from now on is going to consist of...

"Que?"

Don't all be so ****ing awkward and up your arses about the CoC, Im sure 99.999999% of you have broken the CoC at some point in ur time.

Laughable to see people actually start trying to quote others on the CoC when it suits their own egos.

EuSKALDuN

Fledgling Freddie
Kicks said:
Basque is just a dialect of Spanish iirc same as US English vs UK English unless I'm mistaken otherwise my list of languges extends greatly ;)

big mistake mate, sorry to correct u but basque is a language, older than latin, and any other known language. just check it.
:twak:

B

Ballad

Lothandar said:
Ballad that makes my good posts top your good posts :)

(cleric > shammy still!)
I never doubted that mate. Cleric is a better bot for PvP and non-melee PvE.

Shaman is still the best bot for melee PvE though.

:m00:

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Tierce_ said:
Errr, I dont remember anyone saying anything about wrestling meight ;x

wow - theres no pulling the wool over your eyes - youre on the ball 'meight'

M(-_-)M /bow

duact

Fledgling Freddie
enkor said:
exactly.

we are playing on the english pvp server, i dont speak finnish to people and i dont expect them to speak french to me. i went through grades 1-4 in america and am in an english language high school, but still, its not THAT hard to learn fooking english better than 'why me kill no rp'

just reply to the frenchies in finnish, usually makes them stfu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom