If you want to zerg, fuck off to Excal

G

Groborthir

The way I see it, there's no way at all you're going to avoid zergs in Emain.

First of all, Emain is where most people go to RvR, for some reason. Secondly, Emain isn't exactly the biggest zone in the game, so when an odd 30 people per realm goes there, it's limited as to how many small groups they can run around in. With that many people in one zone, how are your group going to get any RP? Obviously you go camp one of the milegates, since that's where the enemy will most likely pass through. And chances are that your group isn't the only group with that idea. :)

Besides, if you aren't in a balanced group, I know that at least I feel more safe with another group nearby in case my group gets steamrolled by a bard, 3 chanters, a warden and a dr00d. :)

Unless people start to spread out, which is unlikely, Emain will go on being home of Teh Zerg. All I can do is suggest that the realm with the smaller zerg, who gets beaten by the bigger zerg, go somewhere else, relieve the pressure in Emain. Go to Odin's or Hadrian's, soon enough the other realms will get bored in Emain when they are the only ones left.

I can't say I disagree with the initial post, but on the other hand I don't think you can avoid zergs.

S

Solid

However much it pains to say this, Zerging is not against ANY rule for DAoC.

F'in and Blindin' like an angry adolescent aint gonna fix it.

We all know being "Uber" has very little to do with skill. Its majority to do with /played time in RvR and as a direct result of /played comes familiarity with your class, your group mates, but MOST of all comes Realm Points and Realm Ranks and REALM ABILITIES.

Skill in RvR counts for maybe 25% of the success stat for any one person/group (granted this is a very important 25%). Realm Rank counts for less than that, and realm Abilities counts for 60%+ imo.

The rest prolly comes from circumstance and getting the "drop" on others via good point runners.

Zergs come from the lack of all of the above and so can usually be attributed to the newer players of each realm, however it is in NO WAY WRONG even if it aint fun.

So by all means have a sensible mature discussion about the state of RvR, but leave all your expletives at home in the pram next time.

F

Falcon

I love 1fg RvR, but Ranger desirability in RvR has dropped to the level it's always been in PvE nowadays. Soloings out the question, every Mid/Alb group seems to have a pet See Hidden SB/Inf nowadays that snares you then runs like a coward leaving the rest of his group to gank you. Even when you do find and start on a solo target, you only find 2secs later he wasn't really solo and the other 7 members of his group were just stealthed. Now, grouping with random people is possible, but you end up without speed, without CC most the time, all the naturalists are taken by preset groups generally, this can work well vs Mid/Alb groups that are setup under the same circumstances, however, against SotL, Warders, you get obliterated in seconds, and it happens over and over. Nowadays I just log as previously stated, but others will just get into a mass and zerg. So basically, who's at fault, the skilled groups for excluding specific classes/random players, or the people being left out for whatever reason?

Either way, I've noticed no matter how many Hibs bring, the other force always seems to bring twice as many. We had 40 Hibs taking Benowyc the other night, 80 mids arrived. There was 8fg Mids in emain the other night, we brought around 4fg Hibs and managed to do okay for 30mins, killing 4fg Albs, Mids etc. then next thing we know, maybe 80+ albs arrive. Zergs do just grow and grow, but I think if they are to be stopped, it requires the work of everyone, that is, the people who form the zerg, and the 1fgs that exclude random individuals and run round as only 1fg obliterating random fgs. Basically trying to point out, the fact is, preset 1fgs can't expect to run round owning random fgs and not expect them to group up to fight them, just like zergs can't expect to not bump into bigger zergs when they zerg other groups.

So there, it's all your fault!, all of you! :p

P

Piojo

Down I don't need to prove anything I know what we did and thats enough for me if u really want a screenie come in #daoc.eclipse and I dcc u one.

S

Solid

Not surprising a group of BAoD'ed MoC'ed ManaBomb heavy players spamming PBAoE can take down groups bigger than their size, Manachanter == the Magic version of a Zerker only worse :D

B

bone_idle

People see safety in numbers. 4fgs+ you feel more confident. Its human nature.

And all i see in these posts is realm points this, realm points that. Its what it all comes down to in the end. No-one plays for fun in the end. I dont give a shit if i get 20 rp's a kill or 200. I play for fun.

D

Danya

Originally posted by Teador
1x Druid
1x Bard
1x Warden
2x Hero
2x Enchanter

in the group in the screenshot :p
That works too. Bard, warden, druid, <insert 5 damage dealers>. :p Or if I'm in a group; Bard, warden, druid, leeching mentalist, <insert 4 damage dealers> ;)

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by Solid
Not surprising a group of BAoD'ed MoC'ed ManaBomb heavy players spamming PBAoE can take down groups bigger than their size, Manachanter == the Magic version of a Zerker only worse :D

Nah...

We got better RAs ;)

Q

Qte Eth

hm can only see 2fg on that screen its nothing connected to zerg:)

K

klavrynd

Originally posted by old.ImLestat
it's just funny to see the anti-zergers avoid my question about where they get their rp's from. :)

from killing other fg's, random noobs and fg+ of random noobs

Klav: Of course there are "clueless noobs" in some random groups, but not all (however in Emain this tends to be more true than other places). It still comes down to this: If you aren't used to playing with each others you don't stand much of a chance against a group where the members are. If you think that is bs then you are just blind to the facts. [/B]

Common sense and knowing what classes (not only your realm's) do can get you quite far.

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by old.windforce
Wow sensible post
exactly the reason ppl zerg

Its no fun running in to lourkers uber gank group and not be able to get 1 kill

we had a nice balanced group yesterday (2 wizzies, pala, arms, mincer, cleric, friar and theurg) and got ganked so hard.

Balanced? Minus a arms, minus two wizzies.

Then your getting nearer :)

F

Falcon

Not surprising a group of BAoD'ed MoC'ed ManaBomb heavy players spamming PBAoE can take down groups bigger than their size, Manachanter == the Magic version of a Zerker only worse
Still don't get whine Mids still whine about hib PBAE, Mid PBAE came in a fair few patches ago and it's stronger. Albs have PBAE that's equivalent to Hib PBAE also, it's hardly a valid whine now IMO :p

Now, AE stun + PBAE, that IS a valid whine :p

K

klavrynd

You hit hib#1 for 4 (-406)
You hit hib#2 for 4 (-406)
You hit hib#3 for 4 (-406)
You hit hib#4 for 4 (-406)
You hit hib#5 for 4 (-406)
You hit hib#6 for 4 (-406)

once every 30 minutes, considering only 1 chanter in group

15 mins if not 25 when one mid/alb misses port = hi ! magic resistance.

I just might take the pbae+aestun from an alb (but then again they have sos, so naaaah).

Mid doesnt have the ability to keep the sm's alive (we dont all travel with standard 3 healers in group)

I

ImLestat

Originally posted by Falcon
Now, AE stun + PBAE, that IS a valid whine :p

Something that RvR guilds might be able to accomplish. In random groups you have that combo in a group once a month perhaps, if you are lucky.

Healers are quite rare in the battlefield.

C

Cush

Originally posted by old.Downanael
But there's a point on how random groups never are able to kill highly organised groups and they get frustrated. Beside you get bored running around Emain with 1 fg :)

Piojo,stop the bragging and show me a proof you actually killed 4 fg with 1 fg :)

we killed 5 fg with 1 fg last night...

do i have to add they were mostly grey cons? :p

F

faderullan

Some people must really be good.
"We pwned 4fg yesterday" "2fg is like supereasy" "We are teh 1337" etc
And if they sometimes lose its, "hey, I was in the toilet" "My dog ate my mouse" etc. Always blame something.

It would be nice if someone once said. Well done, we'll try get you next time, or something.

And of course a guild group dont lose to a random group. Unless the random group consist a balanced group of high rr people who really knows how to play.

I enjoy fights vs warders the most i think. They are skilled with no uber ra's and will always be a tough but not impossible game.

The fights i enjoy the least is to face baod eclipse with a nuking group. Its really not fun anymore.

And finnally, I cant beat 2fg with ease. I must be a noob.

T

Teh Krypt

Fyi warders have such a sexy stun.. Thats like an RA but costs no realm points :(

F

faderullan

You know, its not my smell you feel. Maybe you should open your window sometime if you dont like the smell of your room?

C

Cush

Only problem with the sexeh stun is that it can only stun 8 targets. Noticed that when we were pl'ing some sm's.

F

faderullan

Originally posted by Teh Krypt
Fyi warders have such a sexy stun.. Thats like an RA but costs no realm points :(

Ae stun isnt much of a problem. We have sos afterall. Even without it I dont see the problem with a 2 sek stun or something. :)

C

Cush

Originally posted by faderullan
You know, its not my smell you feel. Maybe you should open your window sometime if you dont like the smell of your room?

no.. im pretty sure its you that smell funne since i did open my window not more then 6 months ago so the air is well fresh in here...

C

Cush

Originally posted by faderullan
Ae stun isnt much of a problem. We have sos afterall. Even without it I dont see the problem with a 2 sek stun or something. :)

damn i have to agree with an alb :/ dosent feel good i say

F

faderullan

Originally posted by Cush
no.. im pretty sure its you that smell funne since i did open my window not more then 6 months ago so the air is well fresh in here...

Maybe you are not as fresh as the air?

O

old.windforce

Originally posted by Teh Krypt
Balanced? Minus a arms, minus two wizzies.

Then your getting nearer :)

speed / damage / CC & healing is what makes a balanced group imho

for ubergroup:
minstrel
2 x cleric (30+ rejuv)
theurg (with at least 10s pbt)
mind sorc
fire wiz
friar (ninja spec)
paladin (46 chants min)

O

old.linnet