If you want to zerg, fuck off to Excal

E

eben

Had some nice RvR this morning. Running around Emain with 6 or 7 albs in a grp and having some good fights against Klavrynd and his party.

Then the zergers logged on.

FFS 4fg mids camping AMG.

So guess what happens? The remaining albs log/play alts as they don't have the numbers to match 4fg.

Hats off to Klav and his party and to Warders. They realise that you get more RPs if you don't have to share with the leechers, plus you have more opponents too. Fuckers camping gates in 4fg makes opponents log and guess what? No fucking realm points for anybody.

Fuck off to excal if you want to zerg. It's 8fg vs 8fg there and you zergers would love it.

And don't say expect zergs in Emain. Yes I expect zergs but I'm asking people to *think* about the impact on RvR. Do you want 100RP every 10 minutes and easy kills in a zerg, or do you want sustained RvR action with the chance to get much more RP. No point camping with 4fg for RP if there's nobody there to fight.

I swear in the last 2 months I have seen 1fg mids about 4 times (Warders and this morning with Klav). I run in PE and go in 1fg 90% of the time and 2fg to fight zergs the other 10%. I see far more 1fg albs and hibbies than mids, so come on mids stop ruining RvR with this 4fg shit.

D

Dook_Pug

Most people are going to cry "whine" on this post but for what it's worth, I agree with you 100%.

Yesterday while running with the regular 1FG Eclipse we got a bit bored and attacked the Alb zerg of about 5FGs twice... Both times we annihilated them all...

The Zerg isn't invincible, it is disorganised and poorly led, with a few tactics it's not as hard as people think to dislodge one. Counterzerging isn't always the answer.

Good luck with your 1/2FG teams, I enjoy our fights and hope we have many more. :)

T

tris-

oh yeh so all those people who have bee playing a year and got there chars to RR8 should just stop playing! fantastic.

P

pudzy

lol albs have been rediculus last few nights tbh. Lastnight was funny and was the only evening in 3 mids could get passed mmg, because like dook said they did kill the lot with 1g. Boad comes to mind :p.

A

Azal

Originally posted by eben
They realise that you get more RPs if you don't have to share with the leechers, plus you have more opponents too. Fuckers camping gates in 4fg makes opponents log and guess what? No fucking realm points for anybody.

Indeed, now if only both albs and mids can manage to learn that then it might get to be a bit more fun, but that aint likely is it :p

Here's what happened to me yesterday:

I was running around with 7 other ppl got rolled over by 3fg albs near mmg. Came back with a couple ppl under 2fg mids and rolled over the 2fg albs camping mmg. Near the end of the fight a 3rd fg albs came at us from behind from mpk way and a 4th fg albs came from dcx way and we managed to kill all of them with some losses. Right then 1fg hibs runs up and wastes the few of us left oop trying to res and such.

So we ported back, wasted the hibs (with 1fg + some other mids that came outta mpk a minute or two behind us) then got rolled over by 3-4fg albs just before mmg. Then went to find something else to do.

Every realm does it, every realm is as bad as each other (with the exception of our dear tree hugging friends who most times don't have enough ppl to make 2fg let alone zerg :p) and lots of ppl get pissed off about it.

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by n3wbie
oh yeh so all those people who have bee playing a year and got there chars to RR8 should just stop playing! fantastic.

I agree 100% with the thread starter...

N3wbie did you read the first post? He says why don't the zergers start going 1/2fg so we can all have fun fights.. no1 said people should quit ...

T

tris-

no but i read the title - "If you want to zerg, fuck off to Excal " normally the title is relevant to what ever is written i.e. if i write a book called "the slow tortoise" it shouldnt be about a serial killer should it.

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by n3wbie
no but i read the title - "If you want to zerg, fuck off to Excal " normally the title is relevant to what ever is written i.e. if i write a book called "the slow tortoise" it shouldnt be about a serial killer should it.

Unless of course he was bashing people's heads in with a slow tortoise.

K

klavrynd

klav mentioned in a positive context, what's next solarflare running fg? :)

Albs are taking the piss the last week, allways running in hordes of which ghengis khan (or whatever he's called) himself would be proud, encouraging most mids to say "they zerg, ok we counterzerg"

I can understand lowbies and non-alt lowish rr (lets say rr3 and under) running in an eensy weensy bigger groups but certain people allways want to run in a fcg (ill not call names but there's tons of em rr6+, you know who you are).

I'm just gonna second eben on this one, if you wanna zerg go excal, if that's not enough try avalon. General opinion shows that people like fg fights and you're fucking up the majorties game by running fg+

A

Azal

Originally posted by the_smurflord
Unless of course he was bashing people's heads in with a slow tortoise.

Good call, could be a best seller!

I

Indiana Jones

imo a zerg is just a normal evolution of RvR

You start solo or with a few friends, you kill some enemies but sooner of later you'll be killed by 1fg (there's nothing wrong with 1fg). So you release, port back, try again...you get beaten again. After a while you assemble 1.5 fg and beat the fg of enemies...result...they'll come back with 2 fg.... and the zerging has begon

it happens everywhere
you draw a knife, they draw a sword, you draw a gun, they draw a machine gun....

K

klavrynd

After a while you assemble 1.5 fg and beat the fg of enemies...result...they'll come back with 2 fg.... and the zerging has begon

the quote speaks for itself i think

I

Indiana Jones

aye, but what do you want? if you are being killed time after time after time by a fg

so you have a choice
either you keep the grp small and you keep dieing because there is a stronger grp about

or you get more people and start a little zerg, which becomes bigger after a while

K

klavrynd

There will allways be someone better or with more luck then you.

Usually when i reach my irritation-limit of getting killed, i log, simple as that. No use in getting the zerg started because you can't win, effectivly ruining everyone else's fun, now is there?

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by klavrynd

Usually when i reach my irritation-limit of getting killed, i log, simple as that. No use in getting the zerg started because you can't win, effectivly ruining everyone else's fun, now is there?

Klav the moral!

T

Turamber

The 'zerg' isn't the fault of the players -- its the design of the game that is at fault. Take away the carebear (as they say in Shadowbane :p ) zones and let the enemy go where they will if they have sufficient numbers.

Not going to happen but it would make the end game more worthwhile...

N

Nonnier

zerg works, it kills the enemy.

go around in a fg, u come across across hibs or alb/mid zerg.

fight fire with fire, so u zerg the zerg that zerged you, so the zerg that u just zerged becomes a bigger zerg that gank the zerg that zerged em before they became a bigger zerg, and so on.

(yay, managed to fit 8 zergs in 1 sentence :))

G

gustav

If you don't like the emain zerg...mids/albs/hibs have all been guilty of it at one time or another (hibs not so much .em /salute) then go somewhere else. Theres Odins and Hadrians to check out as well. Stop whining about the emain zerg...its been there since as long as I can remember and will be there for longer than I play the game. Go check out the other numerous places to RvR.

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by klavrynd

/agree

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by gustav
If you don't like the emain zerg...mids/albs/hibs have all been guilty of it at one time or another (hibs not so much .em /salute) then go somewhere else. Theres Odins and Hadrians to check out as well. Stop whining about the emain zerg...its been there since as long as I can remember and will be there for longer than I play the game. Go check out the other numerous places to RvR.

Yes rightly so!:great:

I

ImLestat

The kind of RvR everyone that is anti-zerg here seem to be proclaiming is guild vs guild. Perhaps not intentionally, but let's take it a step further and see where it leads. The ones running around in fgs the most are usually the "big RvR guilds". These groups usually get to know each other and each others moves extremely well. This leads of course to the fact that randomly grouped enemies of this guild group will have a VERY hard time of beating them. In fact, I'd like to ask the people in these groups if it's not from the groups with random people that they gain the most rps? Come on, be honest now... Also notice that it's mostly the members of the big RvR guilds that are are against zerging. Why? Because they do well on their own, as long as the enemy doesn't outnumber them.

The groups consisting of people from random guilds (which usually have to join these groups because their guilds aren't able to get together large RvR groups regularly) of course not want to loose all the time against these well put together guild groups, so what can they do? Well I must say Klav's logic of logging is faultering, because then we have to log all the time, which just leads to us quitting. No, the solution for these people is to outnumber, it's basically the only way. When running around in random fgs you are just walking rps if one of the RvR guilds show up, unless you of course get one hell of a drop on them, or get really lucky. At this moment I can't think of one single time when I've been in a group with random people when we've won over SotL, NP or such guilds. No, I'm not clueless as to how to play my char, and I'm certain the others in my groups weren't either, but we just weren't used to play with each other. That's quite an advantage you know.

So, to continue along on my thoughts, randomly put together groups don't have a spot in Emain with your logics. Either that, or they just run around there to feed the RvR guilds more rps. So now we are back where I began, you are then proclaiming that RvR in Emain is only for the "grown up" RvR guilds...

E

eben

Originally posted by gustav

I do. Guildies will back me up with knowledge of alb and mid frontiers. They are not strange places to me.

My point is that it's such a shame that loads of people decide to log or play alts because of this escalation I described.

That includes me and you too Sycho. We were in the same party together (Venerable first then I logged Lyrra on) and we both got fucked off with middie zerg and quit.

Emain can be great fun when there are lots about but there's no need for the zerging.

The problem is that some people just cannot handle being forced to port again and want to win at all costs. I'm not of that mentality: I got spanked by Klav and friends a few times this morning and dished it out in return...as I said it was fun. But it's not fun running my party of 6 to AMG to be spanked by 32 campers.

6 dead albs @ 800 RP = 4800 RP amongst 32 ppl = 150 RP per middie at amg. Then 6 albs log. If those 32 campers are happy earning 150 RP from my party in one afternoon then carry on camping.

Just trying to say there's a better way to earn RPs in Emain AND have more fun.

O

Ozwaldo

Ok I see your point but is there any need for the awful language on a public forum.

J

j000 d000d

The title of this thread just makes me laugh :m00:

O

old.Elrond

mids have to zerg with 4fg to get all the required specced classes in order to achieve a balance that 1fg of hibs can ;)

J

Jonaldo

fuckedy fuckedy fuck fuck motherfucking fuckers fuck off and go fuck yourselves, fucking fuckers fuck fuck fuck fuck you all and fuck!!

ARMPIT!

edit: toned down some of the swearing. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom