If Mythic are going to introduce new classes...

Zede

Part of the furniture
why not discuss a bit, using our wealth of knowledge :m00: what sort of skills and abilities we would like to see, or think would work - if ya know warra' mean.

You never know Requiel may even be able to compile a list of the best ones and send a nice email to mythic " from the pryd-excal cluster rvr community" !!

Few ideas ive come up with ( imagined spell names)

Cause Insanity - 1000 range, causes a player to run off in a random direction for 10 seconds. ( like priests in wow ability)

Hadrians Fumble - Weapon being used is "dropped" and is put into the chars backpack and cannot be re-equipped for 5 seconds.

Inflict Darkness - On screen vision is reduced, char can still move - last 10 secs

Steadfast Doppleganger - a copy of the char is made, and can be put on stick with another char, last 1 min.

get some good ideas down here peeps, lets try and make it a post that aint full of crap ( No like Id like to see a spell that kills warlocks with 1 button press - we all want this but nvm !)

pip

Banned
Hope not the arguments on fh about the last lot still pains me :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
well tbh i really dont think we need more classes, ofc some classes do need tweeking, alb support for instance. they should work on fixing existing classes, which they now seem to be doing up to a point. maybe with some class specific "epic" abilities, much like the RR5 abilities, though ofc this would be more pve which a lot of people dont like.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Dont like the WoW thing - Dont like the weapon thing

Mainly because it would fuck RUT on arti abilitys :eek:

Zede

Part of the furniture
Raven said:
well tbh i really dont think we need more classes, ofc some classes do need tweeking, alb support for instance. they should work on fixing existing classes, which they now seem to be doing up to a point. maybe with some class specific "epic" abilities, much like the RR5 abilities, though ofc this would be more pve which a lot of people dont like.

yes to true...but if they do......

Zdeath

Banned
Change the Animist realm rank 5 ability into two different abilities.

First ability when alone in no group (solo), they have the same ability.

When animist has 8 players in his/her group, the ability is turned into a group shape form, which is a mushroom :p.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Wouldnt want to see new classes tbh :< mythic have proved they are incapable of balancing new classes time and again and for that reason I hope they dont do it :p

....but I'd really like to see a third stealth class for mid and hib but cant really think of anything that would fit in with being a stealther but I guess since mincers have stealth mythic dont care about that anyway :s

Zrall

Loyal Freddie
pet spam for midgard would be nice... or even nicer if they redid the warlock to a pet spammer class (my wet dream, unfortunately never gonna happen :( )

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Alb class: Monk: A mellee fighter that doesn't use weapons but his feet, and hands. has awesom evade and parry, can actually trow people over etc, can turn into frenzy monk = moves <mellee speed> 3 times faster, u see some kind of bullet time withh his arms (ie u see 3 arms but is 1), has 90% chance of parry and evade, lasts 6 seconds)

Mid class: yeti: a melle clas that wields 2 shields, and can trow those away, has YETI mode, wich turns him into a yeti, and roots every1 with ice root (and cold debuff) in his area, he can still move, mode stays on for 10 seconds

he does get shield styles. and some extra (such as vampiir has, more shield hits is more abilitys to use with other shield (such as range body guard etc)

Hib class:Fairy, elfs and luwis only: a caster that has heals (same as warden gets with rejuv spec), gets dots, aoe dots etc, baseline dd, baseline root. can turn into Fairy mode: = spells dont cost power, but takes 3 times longer to cast, lasts 30 sec.
Can also cast grey shrooms. (cap of 8)

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
Hib class:Fairy, elfs and luwis only: a caster that has heals (same as warden gets with rejuv spec), gets dots, aoe dots etc, baseline dd, baseline root. can turn into Fairy mode: = spells dont cost power, but takes 3 times longer to cast, lasts 30 sec.
Can also cast grey shrooms. (cap of 8)

Mentalist :twak:

Himse

FH is my second home
way to gimp mids Angel.

Seriously, mid gets left behind, so they made some shitty op class, then it gets nerfed to hell and mids do crap, then in the next expansion mids get somit else OP then it gets nerfed, because they are behind.

They only reason it gets nerfed is because people WHINE and WHINE about it, you all whine about WL's so they got changed, you whined about svg's so they got changed. etc etc

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Himse said:
way to gimp mids Angel.

Seriously, mid gets left behind, so they made some shitty op class, then it gets nerfed to hell and mids do crap, then in the next expansion mids get somit else OP then it gets nerfed, because they are behind.

They only reason it gets nerfed is because people WHINE and WHINE about it, you all whine about WL's so they got changed, you whined about svg's so they got changed. etc etc

...so what are you trying to say?

Himse

FH is my second home
AngelHeal said:
...so what are you trying to say?

Mids get given an OP class, then it gets nerfed because you all whine ofc, then we get another OP class coz our old FOTM's are gimped etc etc then that gets whined about and so on and so forth.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
We all know the new mid class will be named Katorii, the name comes from.... well I guess you all know!

PS: The snakes will be at svasud!

Zrall

Loyal Freddie
Himse said:
Mids get given an OP class, then it gets nerfed because you all whine ofc, then we get another OP class coz our old FOTM's are gimped etc etc then that gets whined about and so on and so forth.

the svg seem to be pretty balanced in its current form... just givf banelord to make em take over the world again n annoy all the berserkers again

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Himse said:
way to gimp mids Angel.

yeah because having the best light tanks and best support really sucked!

Himse

FH is my second home
Raven said:
yeah because having the best light tanks and best support really sucked!

lol ok, so you calling warden, bard and druid worse than healer + shaman? pfft :| warden is uber support.. also clerics and friars aint that bad as they are made out to be, albs loose because they dont run friars: <

Muddry

Fledgling Freddie
New alb class: English Football Hooligan, some kind of fist weapons, rr5 ability - throw broken bottles on people which will cause em bleed with same dmg as warlock dot! insta and ae ofc ^^

Or just balance the classes we have atm :x

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Muddry said:
New alb class: English Football Hooligan, some kind of fist weapons, rr5 ability - throw broken bottles on people which will cause em bleed with same dmg as warlock dot! insta and ae ofc ^^

Or just balance the classes we have atm :x

More OP classes are the way forward Glodom8!

Smellysox

One of Freddy's beloved
Zede said:
why not discuss a bit, using our wealth of knowledge :m00: what sort of skills and abilities we would like to see, or think would work - if ya know warra' mean.

You never know Requiel may even be able to compile a list of the best ones and send a nice email to mythic " from the pryd-excal cluster rvr community" !!

Few ideas ive come up with ( imagined spell names)

Cause Insanity - 1000 range, causes a player to run off in a random direction for 10 seconds. ( like priests in wow ability)

Hadrians Fumble - Weapon being used is "dropped" and is put into the chars backpack and cannot be re-equipped for 5 seconds.

Inflict Darkness - On screen vision is reduced, char can still move - last 10 secs

Steadfast Doppleganger - a copy of the char is made, and can be put on stick with another char, last 1 min.

get some good ideas down here peeps, lets try and make it a post that aint full of crap ( No like Id like to see a spell that kills warlocks with 1 button press - we all want this but nvm !)
They have a web site for ure ideas , i got one "!" how about gifv palla more RVR luving ? <sent it already btw>
Hello,

Here at GOA we publish the game in Europe countries as well as provide servers and support for it, but we cannot make any game balancing changes. The development of the game, new patches, expansions, class balancing and similar all lies entirely with Mythic Entertainment, the creators and developers of the game.

I think you should send Mythic your thoughts on this topic, either through the Team Leader program ( http://www.camelotherald.com/teamleads/ ) for class balance suggestions, or to the feedback forum on the Camelot Herald (http://www.camelotherald.com/feedback.php) if you have feedback on other aspects of the game.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

PhiCa

Fledgling Freddie
The current classes will need to be balanced more before even considering new imo...

IF they plan on doing new classes, i really hope mids get a melee instead of a caster... The way they made BD's and Warcocks... jesus, the next thing could be trolls farting nukes all around

pip

Banned
If you are a mid beware of con job

They give you a good class for 6 mounths then gimp it to high heaven

Hense f**K**G waste of money

ps thx for your money mug now here is your nerve:twak:

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Albion: Depressed Robots (Hitchickers guide to the galaxy...or however you spell it) with mezz, insta amnesia, confusion, heal and some debuffs
Hibernia: Protectors (Friar wannabies...ya know the details =P)
Midgard: Wolf Riders (Kobolds on own wolfs, use 1h clubs and bows, got skald speed)

:p

Zrall

Loyal Freddie
Basic_X said:
Albion: Depressed Robots (Hitchickers guide to the galaxy...or however you spell it) with mezz, insta amnesia, confusion, heal and some debuffs

depressed robots ftw :worthy:

Vladamir

FH is my second home
pip said:
If you are a mid beware of con job

They give you a good class for 6 mounths then gimp it to high heaven

Hense f**K**G waste of money

ps thx for your money mug now here is your nerve:twak:

Don't roll such retard classes then? :x

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Alb RR5: Kill Warlocks.

All warlocks in a 500000 range insta die and givf 5* Rp.

RUT = 10 seconds

censi

Can't get enough of FH
problem is new classes dont tend to be made to be fun... they tend to be made with really overpowered stuff...

This causes imbalance for like 6 months then they slowly start putting the nerf bat in a few times till the class is like just the same as the others.

Basically i think they try to encourage peeps to roll a new class in the worst way possible. (ie at the expense of overall gameplay)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom