I lost all faith!

Ging

Part of the furniture
Docs said:
Eeeuuww :eek6:

You have a sick fantasy Ginggi ;)

Btw, dont you recall that little discussion you and Dixina had on TS a while back?

erm.. er... erm... it wasn't me, a m8 was playing, i was at church doing "charity" (tm) work for homeless 18yr old bisexual blond girls.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Belomar said:
Done! What do I get at this level?

MP Celeric earth digging gauntletts with

+ 4 earth
+ 35 Dex
+ 6 lube
+ 8 Ass kissing

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Oooh, yes. ;)

So what's this fascination with sex you seem to have? Them old hormones itching to get out, eh? It's the same for everyone, it'll get better as you grow up. :D

Ging

Part of the furniture
Belomar said:
Oooh, yes. ;)

So what's this fascination with sex you seem to have? Them old hormones itching to get out, eh? It's the same for everyone, it'll get better as you grow up. :D

a most excellent assumption with regards to my age, shame its incorrect but tbh id quite enjoy rolling back the years somewhat.

The "fascination" with sex mainly come's form my "preference" to that "type" of comedy, which I believe is both effective and friendly. Where as most other comic forms are rather abusive and/or biased towards political, physical or mental anomalies.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Sorry. ;) My attempt at humor was neither supposed to be abusive nor directed towards any of your perceived anomalies. :)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Flimgoblin said:
Instead you port to wherever you can port and meet up with your irc friends for a circle session. Please enlighten me if there's some greater goal in doing this.

gee, i dunno... Fun?

but, if you feel theres no goal in fighting people then for all means do it... that will just leave the new rvr island empty from the alb zerg right? i mean, there's no goal in it and such?

lucky us \o/

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
>>alb didnt get any bigger
difference is the rr8+ fg of outlaw wanabe's camp the keep with them.

lol.

Dizt

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
haha its not ruined, pretty good infact, hibs sitting in DC, us albs outside, and mids ganking in hte middle :)

had a nice close fight just now against fenu (strong sb!), a skald and sm duo came up and didnt add, then illusb came and watched too, pretty good form tbh! I died though :(

Alb zerg camping bridges, hibbs cba to suicide (wonder why :m00: , midds r the 1337 :cheers:

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Ogen said:
Some of all those warders/myrmidons should form some grps and run and roam around crau/crim?(or where ever the fg action may be) I think they would be supriced how much fun it is really.

You mean they might be surprised how much fun you have farming them ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Huntingtons said:
gee, i dunno... Fun?

but, if you feel theres no goal in fighting people then for all means do it... that will just leave the new rvr island empty from the alb zerg right? i mean, there's no goal in it and such?

lucky us \o/

it was a parody...

There's point in 8vs8 same as with keep takes but the day everyone accepts that there'll be half as many posts on FH and that'd not be on.

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
you are aware that if you splitted zerg in 2 and vent diff realms with the halfs you might have ppl inside defending keeps and they will grant you rp when they die ? , maybe worth considering :)

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Baldrian said:
you mean farmfood for your groups?
Well maybe if you tryed running fg´s once in a while, you wouldnt be farm food...

And flim, i never whined about not defending etc.. Some albie where saying he did not understand why we dont defend. And the answer is still, we do not care :)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Ogen said:
Well maybe if you tryed running fg´s once in a while, you wouldnt be farm food...

Nope, they'd still be farmfood. But then again, why should they run as a fg? As you don't care to defend, they don't care for 8v8. Each to their own...

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Pfft. I just dislike Ogen's attitude, and that of his compadres.
So Myg finds keep takes boring (which IMO they are) and would rather do something else, and you apparantly dislike that...
There is a thing about this that gets me:

• Many of those who like siege warfare belive the whole realm has a DUTY to defend, and get upset when people don't.
  • Many of those who hate siege but like 8v8 or 1v1 get upset when others interfear, and the ones interfearing are usually the people who like siege.
Both groups are capable of spoiling each others fun* would it not be better to recognise this, and come to some sort of agreement so we don't step on each other toes? ... Perhaps not, it's far easier to hate after all :(

* After all, this IS A GAME, and many people loose sight of that like Red_hatred does. And besies the designers are just human, who are they to say how the game should be played - as we know they're frequently wrong...

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Ogen said:

And flim, i never whined about not defending etc.. Some albie where saying he did not understand why we dont defend. And the answer is still, we do not care :)

I tried, but RR2 and RR3 group cant do much against any of the set groups. Making them not get many rps. making them allways be RR2-3, making them allways loose to you. making me wanna go sieges instead. ;)

But we are setting a group up atm. chars are just still around 40. I just fear a lot of new "groups" stop going after being violently farmed for a few days by the other groups. Prolly dont help that I am not that good. but sieges or solo is the only 2 ways I can stay alive long enough to learn.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Mirt said:
So Myg finds keep takes boring (which IMO they are) and would rather do something else, and you apparantly dislike that...
Hardly. I'm no fan of keep warfare myself, and I play in opted and fixed groups on both Prydwen and Excalibur. That doesn't prevent me from seeing the other side of the coin, however. Rather, I dislike his general attitude where he wants to dictate how others should play the game, not realizing that the subgroup he represents (those who prefer FGvsFG warfare) is a vast minority on the server. We all know what minorities have to do--they adapt to the wishes of the majority and find some other way to achieve their goals. Simple.
Mirt said:
Both groups are capable of spoiling each others fun* would it not be better to recognise this, and come to some sort of agreement so we don't step on each other toes? ... Perhaps not, it's far easier to hate after all :(
You'll get no hate from me, but that's actually my beef with Ogen and his brethren--they actually do seem to hate the "zergers" who "hump towers all day", at least judging by the derisive comments and their angry posts that practically ooze contempt. It's time for some people to take a step back and see things from the other perspective.

Oh, and you want both groups to come to some kind of agreement of not spoiling the fun of the others? You forget that while the FGvsFG scene is a more or less organized community, where its members actually can make conscious decisions not to interfere with other fights, there is no overmind controlling the keep siegers (or zergers, as some call them) that you can appeal to, simply due to the lack of organization.

However, there is a positive side to all of this: dedicated players in RvR groups/guilds have all the advantages when it comes to arranging alternative places to fight due to this organization and out-of-band means of communication (IRC). We have already seen that they are a vast minority on the server; the simple conclusion to all of this is that it is the FGvsFG people who will have to adapt, not the keep siegers. Simply conduct your 8vs8 warfare somewhere out of the way from the zergs. And if you do decide to go for a bit of "zerg farming" (a noble sport by all accounts), you'll get no sympathy from me or anyone else if you do get rolled, nor do you get whining rights on FH.

Finally, let me tell you why these "warders/myrmidons" don't form groups and roam solo--because they get creamed if they do, and that's a well-known fact. The rift between casual and dedicated (or hardcore) players has increased ever since TOA until it is by now insurmountable: there is frankly no way an unorganized, unopted PUG will have a chance at beating a fixed and opted enemy FG in fair fight. Zilch, zip, nada. Yes, they might be lucky to find another enemy PUG to slug it out with, but the general nature of modern DAoC means that solo PUGs of all realms have a very short survivability in the frontiers and quickly fall prey to enemy gank groups.

Ogen naively goes on to say that they would be "surprised how fun it is" (i.e. running as a solo FG). Newsflash, getting pounded into the ground repeatedly is not fun for a casual player who logs on for a few hours a few nights each week. We all know the bane of PUGs are the fact that people tend to log or leave after a wipeout or two--running in a zerg or sieging a keep is a way to avoid those wipeouts and building some kind of group cohesion so that the group will continue for some time and manages to amass some RPs.

Time for a reality check for some of the people in this thread, I think.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
could do like fom and run 2fg of lowbies, problem being when those 2fg become rr5+ they wont seperate due to it beaing easier in a zerg.
Ow well such is the way, i generally run in the opposite direction to the flaming towers :)
unless a certain healer drives us there :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Well, playing well as 2 FGs is not easy--most people tend to relax when they're in a large group of friendly players, and thus not play at the top of their abilities when pressed. ;)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
"I tried, but RR2 and RR3 group cant do much against any of the set groups. Making them not get many rps. making them allways be RR2-3, making them allways loose to you. making me wanna go sieges instead."

A group of RR2-3 is going to be at a major disadvantage. You're never going to beat DH or Groove in a fair fight.

I don't know what Alb is like, but if it's anything like Hib there will be pickup groups of mixed RRs (some very high some low), while these are often dissapointing at (and have an annoying tendecny to split on first wipe) they can sometimes be surprisingly good. If you want to be good in 8v8 I think
anyone can if they dedicate enough time (damn you ToA), and though it won't be easy.

Half the problem is that the good groups like to play with the same set of people, and they'll usually be unwilling to group someone they don't know
for fear of loosing fights they'd otherewise win. Like much of life, it's all about who you know and no I don't think it's really fair but I don't know how you can change it.

From time to time certain rvr guilds need new members and they'll often invite a lot of people and after a while filter out the ones they consier to be good (Vengence seems to be doing this). Certainly that's a good opportunity for a lot of people who wouldn't otherwise get a look in, but it's no panacea.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
One other thing, I think the new RA system actually made things a lot worse in terms of low RR vs high RR balance.

While the realm balance is much better, RAs are sometimes very powerful when used right (charge, new det, moc, sos to win mez, static tempest, twf)and very expensive. Most of the active RAs are only useful at level 2-3, and most classes will need 2-3 active RAs, which under the current system is a HUGE investement, only the very high RR can afford to have a lot of toys leading to a massive disparity.

I think it would be better if the RAs where toned down a noth or two and made much cheaper (sure the high RR crews would have a lot more actives, but a rr5 ought to be able to have the top level of the core 2-3 RAs that are required).

Another problem is that making a good ToA template is very hard, it would be better if artifacts had high utility, and where easier to obtain (instanced encounters, 100% drop, 50x scroll drop rate increace) and level. In OF it was easy to cap everything, while this had variuous detrimental effects to some classes, it did make it much easier for a new player to compete and the gap between the have's and the have nots was considerably smaller.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
whats wrong with people taking keeps for the fun of it? :p

its no fun when your on the losing side... thats why people whine... :mad:

:m00:

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
Ogen said:
Mate no hibs cba to defend fyi since we dont have any relics.(I think it was something like an alarm clock raid or smth)

I think that says it all... because hibs don't have the relics anymore they don't want to come and play...

Gzjee get a life will ya, albs hadn't had the relics for a very long time and yet they still came out to play.

And don't even start the bs again about yeah but you got bigger amounts you don't need relics :flame:

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Aadia said:
I think that says it all... because hibs don't have the relics anymore they don't want to come and play...

Gzjee get a life will ya, albs hadn't had the relics for a very long time and yet they still came out to play.

And don't even start the bs again about yeah but you got bigger amounts you don't need relics :flame:
no they didnt :p most albs spent the majority of the time camped at AMG in Emain

The occasiinal fg or two would come out and play in HW when we took a few keeps
But his point is very valid, why bother taking the relics if they are just gona be taken back at 4 in the morning?
unless you enjoy tower humping is rather a boring afternoon of rvr

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
another thing to note is that gank groups will almost certainly have voice comms - pickup groups might but it'll be a lot rarer. Voice chat makes a world of difference for RvR.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Aadia said:

tbh i find it quite normal that they don't go defend..

Check midgard, we have/had 12 unclaimed towers/keeps, clearly shows how much mids actually care about keeptakes, their front.

Not that i like it but u won't see me losing sleep over it, I don't care if we have all our keeps or albs have all 7.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Flimgoblin said:
another thing to note is that gank groups will almost certainly have voice comms - pickup groups might but it'll be a lot rarer. Voice chat makes a world of difference for RvR.
freddyshouse ts ftw :D
but yes randoms will have a hard time vs gank grps
but doesnt mean taking keeps is the only alternative
get 2fg isntead of 1 of low rr and ull give them a bloody good fight

its when rr8 grps run with 2fg that it gets ridiculous

But at the end of the day you play like you want to, some people like keep takes, some like zergs, and others running 8 man grps
So you cant expect people to come defend a keep if they dont want to the same way i dont expect those taking the keep to run a fg

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
but doesnt mean taking keeps is the only alternative
get 2fg isntead of 1 of low rr and ull give them a bloody good fight

When you do that you'll get whined at for running in 2fg.
Especially if the high rr "gank" group loses.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Aadia said:
When you do that you'll get whined at for running in 2fg.
Especially if the high rr "gank" group loses.
they are the ones you should ask "tell me an alternative for my rr3 grp"
normally shuts them up :)

i dont mind lowbies grping together to put up a fight , i never have as i suspect many of the higher rr people dont,
What i do hate is high rr grps running with the lowbies/the other extreme when you are a insane ammount of people where 1fg doesnt have the slightest chance of winning such as the brehon zergs when of emain existed (altho they were unsderstandable cus of choke points and avoidable)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
we usually have some high RR's in our keep taking squads (fav's not far off rr10, bracken's rr8 god knows how and aad's is rr7) but we don't have opted groups - we don't have 2 clerics +whatever else it is you have in a perfect group these days.

We have crossbow armsmen or even just normal armsmen! half a cleric per group, reavers not in SCed kit in amongst the rr7+. It's far from a gank group + 10fg adds.

incidentally, some advice:
If you want to win against a big zerg btw - try bringing 2 groups or 3 or 4 or however many you need to balance it out ;) 2 gank groups could probably take out at least 6fg of pickup groups if they were lucky.

edit:
I'm sure the gank groups will all turn around and go "Oh well fair play" if we said that... and not just go "ololol adding zerging n00bs!"... if they did then we'd not be having this discussion as noone would be grumbling about the keep takes either ;)

The most recent whine I remember was at the Fellowship of Midgard 2fg's and I don't think things have changed that much since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom