I lost all faith!

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah Flim's right there are high rr's amongst the siege group of the last couple of weeks. But we don't run set groups, or even balanced ones some nights. And on the nights we do have a balanced and fairly optimal group we do sometimes roam about.

The group usually has 3-4 below rr5 and without MLs and 4-5 (overlapping people before you think I can't count) without ToA templates or with cost effective ones rather than 'the best'.

I've little doubt that as a Sorc just short of rr10, with an almost perfect ToA template I could probably find a fixed rvr group that wanted me (or even make my own) but it's just not how I would enjoy the game. So instead I run with whoever wants to run about with me, be they x-bow armsmen or smite specced clerics, doing whatever we can find that fits our numbers on that day ;) If we end up with a zerg we nearly always point it at a siege because that's what it's best for :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Flimgoblin said:
we usually have some high RR's in our keep taking squads (fav's not far off rr10, bracken's rr8 god knows how and aad's is rr7) but we don't have opted groups - we don't have 2 clerics +whatever else it is you have in a perfect group these days.

We have crossbow armsmen or even just normal armsmen! half a cleric per group, reavers not in SCed kit in amongst the rr7+. It's far from a gank group + 10fg adds.

incidentally, some advice:
If you want to win against a big zerg btw - try bringing 2 groups or 3 or 4 or however many you need to balance it out ;) 2 gank groups could probably take out at least 6fg of pickup groups if they were lucky.

edit:
I'm sure the gank groups will all turn around and go "Oh well fair play" if we said that... and not just go "ololol adding zerging n00bs!"... if they did then we'd not be having this discussion as noone would be grumbling about the keep takes either ;)

The most recent whine I remember was at the Fellowship of Midgard 2fg's and I don't think things have changed that much since then.
invite more selectively? noone said u need a set grp but one with a resonable setup would be a good place to start.
Only people that whined in OF was the usual band of fh l33tist whiners hwo would have anyway about something else (until fom started running zergs of 3fg+), none of the higher rr guilds whined about them whenthey were 2fg rr2-4 as it was back then.

Keep takes is one thing, its when the zerg roams is another. I was refering to the latter

Belomar

Part of the furniture
When will you get it, Chronictank? Some people (shock! horror!) prioritize grouping their friends and guildies over conforming to some perceived standard set up by some arrogant dedicated players who think they can dictate how others should play the game.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Belomar said:
When will you get it, Chronictank? Some people (shock! horror!) prioritize grouping their friends and guildies over conforming to some perceived standard set up by some arrogant dedicated players who think they can dictate how others should play the game.
when will YOU get it, it doesnt work unless you have a farily balanced grp
you wont win any fights vs a random pug with a fg of x-bow specced armsman's will you?

where did i give u a pre-set grp to adhere to?
i dont see any of the posts saying you need x this and x that, i said
Chronictank said:
invite more selectively? noone said u need a set grp but one with a resonable setup would be a good place to start.
so its wrong to suggest a method of playing vs gank grps on a open field which gives you a chance of winning?
People here were saying effectively "i am not in a gank grp therefore i have no other choice but to zerg", try reading the rest of the conversation before adding on it

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
over conforming to some perceived standard set up by some arrogant dedicated players who think they can dictate how others should play the game.

That's fair enough.

Mind you, it's not just the 8v8 people who try to dictate how others should play the game. There's quite a few vocal people for "zerg warefare", I'm sure you've seen Red_hatred's posts and he's not the only one.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
you wont win any fights vs a random pug with a fg of x-bow specced armsman's will you?

We do get it, we know we can't win fights against set-up groups with one cleric, an x-bow Armsmen a rr2 wizard etc. And that's exactly why we don't try. (Actually we do win a fair few fights with odd set-ups but that's not the point of this debate).

The point is I'm not gonna tell someone who enjoys playing his wizard a couple of times a week, sorry we can't win with you in group so you aren't welcome, go spend your limited gaming time making the current fotm so that by the time you get to 50 I can tell you fotm has changed and you need to start over.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Chronictank said:
I'm talking about the zerg accusations--the point is that these people don't care about how many they run in their RvR groups, and why should they for that matter? If there is thirteen people in a guild who wants to RvR and they don't happen to play classes that are opted for FGvsFG warfare, why should anyone be excluded? Instead, these casual players and guilds prefer to group their friends and guildies and run out in RvR as a "zerg", incidentally also giving them a much-needed advantage against dedicated people who have invested loads of time and effort in their opted groups.
Mirt said:
There's quite a few vocal people for "zerg warefare", I'm sure you've seen Red_hatred's posts and he's not the only one.
Yes, and you will see me posting in defense of the 8vs8 style of play in those kinds of threads as well. I'm not on anyone's side (even if I see myself as a dedicated 8vs8 player), it's just ignorance that pisses me off.

snoepie

Fledgling Freddie
Spetsnaz said:
im stunned ... albz getting skilled in Keeptaking well gratz (but never on primetime)
afaik they took crim on primetime? i remember well enough cus i was swearing like f00k to myself , them taking my precious rp's from me by removing mids port :p

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Belomar said:
I'm talking about the zerg accusations--the point is that these people don't care about how many they run in their RvR groups, and why should they for that matter? If there is thirteen people in a guild who wants to RvR and they don't happen to play classes that are opted for FGvsFG warfare, why should anyone be excluded? Instead, these casual players and guilds prefer to group their friends and guildies and run out in RvR as a "zerg", incidentally also giving them a much-needed advantage against dedicated people who have invested loads of time and effort in their opted groups.
That's a different story altogether, i was simply responding to the people who said there is no alternative, when there is.
Back to your post
Didn't say they shouldn't, but a little bit of consideration for those who want to play the game how they want to play the game wouldn't go amiss would it?
FG's nowdays are pretty organised through IRC, if a zone gets too populated they will move to another more quiet area. The thing that annoys me is the people that are watching this on irc and then follow with a "zerg" and ruin it for them. Running with friends or not wouldnt you be annoyed if 30 people were following you around because they happened to have someone watching irc to see where the gank grps are moving to next and following suite?

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
>>so its wrong to suggest a method of playing vs gank grps on a open field which gives you a chance of winning?

Good for you, unfortunately i am not willing to be selective and make discriminating choises based upon peoples chars/rr/ra/class whatever.

>>People here were saying effectively "i am not in a gank grp therefore i have no other choice but to zerg"...

...or i have to release every 5 mins. trying to roam and only be albe to win fights by adding or against soloers and releasing vs anything resembling a fg is just no fun.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Muylaetrix said:
>>so its wrong to suggest a method of playing vs gank grps on a open field which gives you a chance of winning?

Good for you, unfortunately i am not willing to be selective and make discriminating choises based upon peoples chars/rr/ra/class whatever.

>>People here were saying effectively "i am not in a gank grp therefore i have no other choice but to zerg"...

...or i have to release every 5 mins. trying to roam and only be albe to win fights by adding or against soloers and releasing vs anything resembling a fg is just no fun.
Chronictank said:
freddyshouse ts ftw :D
but yes randoms will have a hard time vs gank grps
but doesnt mean taking keeps is the only alternative
get 2fg isntead of 1 of low rr and ull give them a bloody good fight

But at the end of the day you play like you want to, some people like keep takes, some like zergs, and others running 8 man grps
So you cant expect people to come defend a keep if they dont want to the same way i dont expect those taking the keep to run a fg

try reading previous posts before reiterating the same argument

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
FG's nowdays are pretty organised through IRC, if a zone gets too populated they will move to another more quiet area. The thing that annoys me is the people that are watching this on irc and then follow with a "zerg" and ruin it for them.

As with anything, if someone is doing that just to piss off the ones genuinely trying to have fg fights then they're a tosser. As far as I know though, that's never been the case with KoP/HG outings - think most of us would come out in a rash if we went on irc ;)

What's been really funny recently are the people whining about the alb "zerg" at keep takes/defences - it's as if they want us to form an orderly queue and present ourselves to the wall one at a time :p

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
The thing that annoys me is the people that are watching this on irc and then follow with a "zerg" and ruin it for them. Running with friends or not wouldnt you be annoyed if 30 people were following you around because they happened to have someone watching irc to see where the gank grps are moving to next and following suite?

Yes that would annoy me too, I can also say it doesn't happen in our regular bg.

It's more likely that people are following the swords on /rw though.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
What's been really funny recently are the people whining about the alb "zerg" at keep takes/defences - it's as if they want us to form an orderly queue and present ourselves to the wall one at a time :p

haha so true . not long ago netcode whined at me for adding on him, when we were having a go at taking crim and he was on the battlement. "k" :p

as far as ive seen the kop/hb/whatever guild people are nice, they really aren't the scum of daoc :p the real whine should go to people that play only to grief others and fuck up their game. mainly the small magegrps that run around only to add on fights, and warp + run away the moment they might get in danger.. wont mention any names, but each realm has its fair share of them

edit- shame you cant join guilds on other server, or id apply for kop and hope for the best :p the way they play is similar to how we played with excal all stars on gorre, whoever wanted to come got invited and if we were full, some just tagged with us. we roamed around for the fun of playing together, exploring nf, trying new stuff, etc.. got similar whine from the set 8v8 groups, when it was usually them looking for us instead of the other way around :)

that way of playing is fun and relaxing, atleast for me, where 8v8 is sometimes quite stressful :p still, because its so very competitive and challenging id rate it just over the casual way

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
edit- shame you cant join guilds on other server, or id apply for kop and hope for the best :p

I'm bringing my Bard for a Luri hug when we get clustered :p

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
edit- shame you cant join guilds on other server, or id apply for kop and hope for the best :p

Thihi you'd have to live with our madness though... and especially with the mad flim and brack in /as oO :eek7:

:)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Vodkafairy said:
the way they play is similar to how we played with excal all stars on gorre, whoever wanted to come got invited and if we were full, some just tagged with us. we roamed around for the fun of playing together, exploring nf, trying new stuff, etc.. got similar whine from the set 8v8 groups, when it was usually them looking for us instead of the other way around :)

who needed a opted group with a sorc like me? :D

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
I'm bringing my Bard for a Luri hug when we get clustered :p

not letting you anywhere near my poor fragile luwi, i know all about your evil ways! :mad:

z1nox

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
had a nice close fight just now against fenu (strong sb!), a skald and sm duo came up and didnt add, then illusb came and watched too, pretty good form tbh! I died though :(

Me thinks im that sm :D was a good fight and fun to watch :>
I wish i could have fights like that, i always get zerged down by rog hibs that want their 50rp :mad: I've even seen albs leaving me alone when playing my skald (if im fighting vs some solo alb for example) but NEVER seen any hibs just run by or just watch the fight.

Sry hibs, i dont like you :touch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom