I have no interest what so ever in WAR Pve

Chronictank

FH is my second home
And you have in DAoC? Which fight may I ask?
Figths i liked in particular?

Daoc original, the epic quest
ML2, chess game was a fantastic addition (not so good for mass raids but hey) for a bit of light relief
The snake tunnel in ml5
Medussa in ml6?
Fighting the stone soldiers in ml8?
Phoenix in ml9, hold the generators while you kill the mob with knockback (a skill used way too often in war making it a gimmick instead of a challenge)
Mighty morphing battler was great fun
I pesronally enjoyed the challenge of bracer of zo'akrat

ML10 and grand summoner were fantastic when you know that the enemy may be close by, tanks trying to hold agro as you fight off the other realms

Thats just to name a few

The encounters may have lasted too long but at least they challenged you, war has great ideas but put simply (as said before) they have been dumbed down to the extent of it being boring

Here you don't make much sense to me. Am I reading it wrong? You're saying ML's are great fun because you did them in a small group and that's what made them challenging?
Cuz' you know you don't HAVE to zerg the encounters in WAR just as you don't HAVE to zerg ML's in DAoC. If you like WAR to be more challenging as the ML's in DAoC, do the WAR encounters in a small group perhaps? I don't see the problem.
sigh..
I was refering to the guy above who said ml's were boring, quote me where i said i zerged the instances in war

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
i think i could complete 95 % of all TOA encounters with my necro and a bot...

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
doubt it if you tried now, they fixed agro so the healer would get it afaik

battler was a classic example of aggro that was hard to control...

the trick was to have the bot with di 3 outside of the aggro range of battler and when the pet went under 30 % health, to run in with the bot, have battler hit the pet, trigger the DI and run the cleric back outside of the aggro range. that was 6000 (di 3 x 2) points worth of healing that didn`t create aggro and a cleric who only 3-4 times popped into the encounter area and aggro range for 1 sec each time. once i figured that out, battler was easy, even when he was at max level.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
DAOC pve was fun?!?! I guess not many people had a stealther (or 2) as a main toon... :kissit:

Yeah, eventually I went down the road of having an ani and a ML9 chanter but defo not what I wanted to play, kinda forced decision in order to get the things I wanted.

Stop calling daoc pve fun lads :twak:

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Figths i liked in particular?

Daoc original, the epic quest
No tactic needed what so ever. Kill a mob, kill the next and so on.

ML2, chess game was a fantastic addition (not so good for mass raids but hey) for a bit of light relief
Ok, I'll give you that but you didn't actually had to do anything so no tactic needed what so ever.

The snake tunnel in ml5
Same here, just kill the mobs, no tactic needed.

Medussa in ml6?
And again, just kill her, no tactic needed.

Fighting the stone soldiers in ml8?
Same here, just kill the mobs, no tactic needed.

Phoenix in ml9, hold the generators while you kill the mob with knockback (a skill used way too often in war making it a gimmick instead of a challenge)
Finally something worth mentioning tbh. But to be fair there are alot more fights like this in WAR than in DAoC that you needed some sort of tactic even if it's not complex.

Mighty morphing battler was great fun
I'm not sure I remember this guy correctly but I know I've done it a few times and as far as I remember there was nothing special here either, just kill. (It was the one where you had to run to the chest 100 times, wasn't it?)

I pesronally enjoyed the challenge of bracer of zo'akrat
Same as above, kill kill kill, and extreamly easy I might add :x

ML10 and grand summoner were fantastic when you know that the enemy may be close by, tanks trying to hold agro as you fight off the other realms
And that at least in my opinion has nothing to do with the PvE being good.

I still have a hard time understanding what you mean by good PvE but I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree or something :x

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
I'm not sure I remember this guy correctly but I know I've done it a few times and as far as I remember there was nothing special here either, just kill. (It was the one where you had to run to the chest 100 times, wasn't it?)

No you are referring to Malice.

Battler was the other cow in Typhoon who crew in size and took the abilities of the person he killed.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

nope, the 100 x run with a token to a chest was malice axe.

battler was a minotaur in the same zone that increased in level each time it killed someone and took over some of the skills from the ones it killed.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Ah okey, yeah I remember him too.. somewhat.. I'll give that one to chronictank then aswell, a little special if you're not good enough to keep ppl alive ;>

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
I'd go back to daoc in a heartbeat if the population was there

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
battler was a classic example of aggro that was hard to control...

the trick was to have the bot with di 3 outside of the aggro range of battler and when the pet went under 30 % health, to run in with the bot, have battler hit the pet, trigger the DI and run the cleric back outside of the aggro range. that was 6000 (di 3 x 2) points worth of healing that didn`t create aggro and a cleric who only 3-4 times popped into the encounter area and aggro range for 1 sec each time. once i figured that out, battler was easy, even when he was at max level.

My memory is a bit foggy on the subject, but since when did DI work on pets?

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
TOA was a candy shop to anyone who had a Pet class. For most others it was a nightmare to obtain artifacts. I farmed just about every Artifact mob in TOA and gave them out to any that wanted them. I hated the ones that farmed artis for profit.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
My memory is a bit foggy on the subject, but since when did DI work on pets?

the necro pet was an exeption to a lot of rules that applied to pets as the caster `became` the pet.

yes, DI works on a necro pet and on no other pet. on the other hand, the convoker ml 9 abiity does NOT work on the necro pet for the same reason.
also, stuff like severing the tether doesn`t work on necro.

if ml9 would have worked on a necro, lol. soloing the dragon or a level 10 keep would have been easy.

necro pet had crap WS and crap melee damage output compared to ml 9 pets.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
some of the good ML encounters have been mentioned but war seems to have stripped out all the other little things that daoc pve had that made you go "what?" when you first pulled it.

the little scout mobs who used to run off and fetch all their big mates when you tried to pull them.

or that guy near hagall who used to randomly teleport party members all over the place and then whistle for help.

there's loads of examples of this.

Where's all this in WAR? Was that seen as too hard for the current mmo generation?

I've got to level30 doing lots of pve and all ive ever seen mobs do is run towards you, get hit, and some then try to walk off when down to about 5%. I've seen no variety at all.

BORING.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom