I have no interest what so ever in WAR Pve

Zede

Part of the furniture
And I ask you, does anyone ?

Also..

Other than for grinding, does anyone like senarios better than ORvR ?

SOMEONE needs to ram it down Sir Mark Jacobs throat that what made his previous game unique was the open rvr. Even the PvE in DaoC was a 1000% times better than WAR. WAR Pve or ToA anyone ? Sorry but for all its badness, i would play ToA every time.

The PvE in WAR is just so wrong its untrue. Simple to fix though, just give us a fuck load more of xp, for example 5k a quest in T1, 10k in T2, 15k in T3 and 20k in T4.

Im pretty dam sure 99% of the people who played DaoC bought & played WAR for one reason, and one reason only - the Open RvR. How come Sir Jacobs does not understand this simple logic, and insist on boring us all to tears with his worst pve in a mmorpg ever ? Makes no sense at all...

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I think the PvE is the same as any mmorpg, fun for the first couple of toons, repetitive after that.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
<snip> How come Sir Jacobs does not understand this simple logic, and insist on boring us all to tears with his worst pve in a mmorpg ever ? Makes no sense at all...

The worst PvE in an MMO ever?
Somebody obviously never played Lineage 2...or Archlord...or 90% of existing MMORPGS...
While there's nothing spectacular about the PvE of WAR, I find it no better or worse than the PvE of any other game (hell, it follows the same principles of the MMO all PvE-whores drool upon: WoW)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
aye nothing special, nothing that terrible.

I think its a case of the rose-tinted specs again for DAoC.
It didn't have better PvE.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
I think its a case of the rose-tinted specs again for DAoC.

Yeah is anyone else getting sick of that. I'd never even heard of DAoC until people on the general forum starting complaining about the attitudes of the DAoC forums.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Yeah is anyone else getting sick of that. I'd never even heard of DAoC until people on the general forum starting complaining about the attitudes of the DAoC forums.

It was a lot of peoples first MMORPG (mine included), so kind of understandable. But the game itself, people only remember the good things from it.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Doing quests and all the other pve shizzle is all fine and dandy, for a bit. Then you realise your actually better off doing what you really dont want to do : TA.

Having the 2 quest hand ins & the 1 gold u get per trip - unfortunately the reward for staying put is far greater other forms of xp.

Personally I was solo on rvr with damage spec priest from 28-31, spent 50% of the time just waiting for any Destro to appear. Was pretty empty considering, all in TA I guess :/

I love the story, the gfx, the UI, the engine, and im sure a lot more people would love the pve a lot more with greater options for optimal xp/renown gain. Staying put only to move for 30 secs once every 10 mins to hand in 2 quests should NOT be the best way to get xp&renown.

Anyway, thats just the senarios. if the actual pve was not so poo & gave more reward, it wouldnt be so bad.

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie

:iagree:

If you call WAR pve bad, you haven't done trees in Lyonesse.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Xp is ok up till T3 and T4. I think the xp should be doubled from T3 upwards.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Doing quests and all the other pve shizzle is all fine and dandy, for a bit. Then you realise your actually better off doing what you really dont want to do : TA.

Having the 2 quest hand ins & the 1 gold u get per trip - unfortunately the reward for staying put is far greater other forms of xp.

Personally I was solo on rvr with damage spec priest from 28-31, spent 50% of the time just waiting for any Destro to appear. Was pretty empty considering, all in TA I guess :/

I love the story, the gfx, the UI, the engine, and im sure a lot more people would love the pve a lot more with greater options for optimal xp/renown gain. Staying put only to move for 30 secs once every 10 mins to hand in 2 quests should NOT be the best way to get xp&renown.

Anyway, thats just the senarios. if the actual pve was not so poo & gave more reward, it wouldnt be so bad.

Couldn't agree more. Make the TA quests one off, and increase all quest XP and mob XP by +25% or 50%.
The Increased XP for T3 wasn't all that noticeable when the best way of getting XP is doing TA over and over and over.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
:iagree:

If you call WAR pve bad, you haven't done trees in Lyonesse.

Or Irewoods in Cullen <shudder> ;)

WAR pve is a bit crappy, but DAoC is definitely not a shining example of how to do pve right.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Or Irewoods in Cullen <shudder> ;)

WAR pve is a bit crappy, but DAoC is definitely not a shining example of how to do pve right.

I compared it to Trials of Atlantis, not content from when the game first came out.

so...ToA or WAR pve ?

Toel

Loyal Freddie
The real killer for me are the scenarios, would very much like to see them removed.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I compared it to Trials of Atlantis, not content from when the game first came out.

so...ToA or WAR pve ?

is it fair to compare pve of a game that is out for like 2 months with pve from a game that had 2 payed expansions and a few free ones ?!? daoc had like no level 50 content when it was launched. how many months after release was it they added DF ?

WAR offers way more than daoc did 2 months after launch you know ...

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Seriously, do you remember DAoC PvE? How can you say that's better? That's beyond me :x

I don't necessarily like this PvE either but then again I don't really like PvE in any game. DAoC was good for the RvR yes, WAR isn't (perhaps someday it will). But DAoC PvE is not as good as WAR PvE, not even close.

....................and TBH Zede, if you are a true DAoCer, stop calling RvR for ORvR like some WoWer xD .....Scenarios is not RvR it's PvP.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter

so...ToA or WAR pve ?
You're compairing a expansion set in a game, from 2 years into it's life to a game that's been out 3 months. Anyone else failing to see the logic behind this?

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
To be fair, since it is Mythic, shouldn't you be saying WAR has had more opportunity to learn, not less?

I never liked the original DAoC PvE one bit. ToA was okay in some respects but diabolical in others.

I dislike WAR PvE. It doesn't grab me much and I really, really wish someone would release a game where you NEVER feel you're on a steepening slope as you progress. Just turns me off the way it's entertaining at first, but then the levels get harder just as the novelty of the game wears off. It's a combination that makes me log off not long after logging on a lot of the time. Which prolly means my subs won't be around much longer.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Oh yes DAOC pve was awsome, over a min to kill something, 5 min DT waiting for your mana or hp to regen, ya that was epic..........

I think the only reason i did not go insane was cos my mincer had hp and p song :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
daoc pve was only good because it was pretty much enforced grouping and groups are fun ;)

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
daoc pve was only good because it was pretty much enforced grouping and groups are fun ;)

Thats true, when PvE became too easy and you could solo your way to 50 in a couple of days solo or with a bot, I think it ruined the game somewhat.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I think WAR PvE is boring because you never need to group. I don't play an MMO so that I can solo. I think mobs should be harder and have larger aggro ranges so people have to group to kill them.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
The real killer for me are the scenarios, would very much like to see them removed.

If that happened I'd quit instantly, and I'm sure more people would do the same thing.

I can't stand leveling in pve, so the only/best way for me to level is scenarios with the odd oRvR whenever it's available.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

Ooohhhh, don't go there or we'll have to start in on how more than half the classes were not group friendly and many solo'd 99% of the way to 50 becasue no-one would let them in any group past, say, levels 20-30.

Enforced grouping? Outside of nightmare scenarios like the fins list and the inevitable realisation that to get to 50 without months and months of grinding mobs over and over it was simply not true, don't kid yourself. Groups where the sum of the parts did not create a greater whole led to very poor and very unsuccessful xp groups.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
I think WAR PvE is boring because you never need to group. I don't play an MMO so that I can solo. I think mobs should be harder and have larger aggro ranges so people have to group to kill them.

The key is to make grouping rewarding without alienating those players who actually want to play by themselves.

Amazingly enough, a LOT of players prefer soloing to grouping in an mmorpg.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
I must be the odd one out. I loved DAoCs leveling. I loved the simple concept of camping a area while making friends and chatting for hours. No need to run all over a map delivering pointless msgs or killing 20 mobs for some npc that has asked 1000 players before you to kill.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I don't mine the PVE at all to be fair, PQs can be a laugh with the right people around and lore unlocks can be fun trying to find without using all sorts of websites!

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
if you are a true DAoCer, stop calling RvR for ORvR like some WoWer
So thats where its from, i thought in some posts it was refering to old frontiers (ORvR). So whats the O stand for just out of interest. Never saw it in wow but then again i prefered watching tv than playing wow.

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
I must be the odd one out. I loved DAoCs leveling. I loved the simple concept of camping a area while making friends and chatting for hours. No need to run all over a map delivering pointless msgs or killing 20 mobs for some npc that has asked 1000 players before you to kill.

No your not the odd one out, believe me after 25 level 50s over 5 accounts id have to admit to loving daoc leveling also.

Zede

Part of the furniture
I guarantee 100% ALL you who played DaoC prefered that way of levelling to get to max level.

I could have mentioned any expansion to compare it to. The way you gain xp is fundamentally different in this game, and we all know it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom