I guess that's that, then

S

Summo

Possibly one of the most short-lived online communities. OFP is a great game but BIS/Codemasters cocked up the net support so much that no GSP is hosting it. Seems unlikely that they ever will at this late stage.

Shame. :( Great shame.

Many thanks to Shabz for hosting some am00sing sessions but I guess... that's that.

:(

W

Wij

Codemasters have never made a decent net game iirc.

M

Moving Target

True...I've had more fun playing X-Com: TFTD ever than playing an online game

M

Munkey-

Codemasters dont have the best reputation in the world for online support. perhaps ask someone else to help:confused:

S

Summo

Um... like who?

No-one other than BIS and Codemasters are in a position to modify OFP (substatially, it seems) to allow online games on GSPs.

O

old.D0LLySh33p

/me puts away m16 in cupboard and weeps...

T

throdgrain

bloody mad difficult game btw! just how do you get out of that forest at the start? u know when all ur m8's have died and youve got ot get to the evac point.

M

Moving Target

Look for a walkthrough you lazy booger. Bah, I want Shab to host another game. Goooo on, go on!! :touch:

M

Munkey-

secret is to hump the ground and ignore the other village that they attack and pray the BMP doesnt spot ure candy ass boy

O

old.D0LLySh33p

There's a real easy way to do that mission (realised this on my millionth try on hard mode :( ).

Just run back into Rusky controlled territory (the village to your South-West I think and if you can escape detection from the parked BMP there, you'll notice a nice shiny UAZ all ready for the 'joy-riding'.

Just get in, follow the main-road southwards (and yes, you can run over enemy soldiers :D ), take the second left (to avoid the tank), go through the forest, take out the two stationed PK machine-gunners by a big tree on your left, get to the evac point by taking the next road right down to the coast, get told it's a gonner, then make it to the second evac point.

Easy... :)

O

old.Brock

that level will remain in my memory as the most fun i've had in a single player game ever.. this is how you do it Throd:

lay in the forest, in a bush shitting your pants. notice a shadow loom over you, slowly look round to see an enemy soldier standing so close you could unzip his fly and look him in the eye. Blink at him for a second before noisily dispatching him with way more rounds than is good sense.. start running over the hill, realise your in open countryside, re-soil your cammy pants and hide in a lone bush for 20mins until the scary tank things and infantry squads have wandered off.. RUN wheezing into the nearest village.. choose an abandoned vehicle carefully.. tractor? vauxhaul viva?.... vauxhaul viva? tractor? ( whats a UAZ btw? ) I suggest tractor. somewhat slow and noisy but it goes over dirt. stick it in first and thru the village, over the stunned guards at the checkpoint, then leave the road in an attempt to outmanouvre the attacking helicopter gunship.. realise as your windscreen shatters that it's useless, jump out and RUN LIKE FUK for cover.... shoot a couple of bad dudes that give chase then umm i think just wander about a bit till it finishes.

easy....:)

S

suicide121

In single player this is one of the best games i ever played, but in multiplayer, how could any one cock it up so bad?, it is total crap online, just total crap, so slow, you wait for ages to finnally see someone, turn around and your dead

M

MYstIC G

Originally posted by SomeGuy
Codemasters cocked up the net support so much that no GSP is hosting it. Seems unlikely that they ever will at this late stage.
Anythings possible.....

Users who are viewing this thread