I don't want to sound disrespectful...

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
calaen is spot on tbh. how the fuck you can go get so worked up OVER A WEBSITE is so beyond me, i cant even comprehend it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
tris- said:
calaen is spot on tbh. how the fuck you can go get so worked up OVER A WEBSITE is so beyond me, i cant even comprehend it.

Works both ways; if it's 'only a website' (and therefore trivial) why is deemed an appropriate place for a memorial in the first place? Fact is, for a lot of people, Freddys is a bit more than 'just a website', its a social experience, and just like in the real world, who wants to be reminded of death as they walk through the door? I just find it morbid and depressing, and I've got enough of that at home right now thanks.

tris-

you are reminded of morbid shit every single time you turn the tv or radio on. read a paper that blabs on about how many people have died.

maybe its just me not giving a shit and noticing it anymore. it happens, i dont dwell on it.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
You are right Tris every newspaper, news report is about someone thats died, someone that is dying and then something that is going to kill you.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Tom said:
Can we have a 'Freddy's banned' forum as well, highlighting threads which gave rise to the best bannings on the forums?

Because thats a damn sight more interesting tbh.

But based on most of the arguments in this thread that would have to be in the DAOC forums as well wouldn't it? ;)

tris-

just looking on bbc i have found 2 reports at the top of the page about some baby choking on an apple and a man being slashed in a row. cba to check anymore. i dont know what the papers are like today, but i can bet some of you here complaining about this forum read them. and i bet you see everytime you open it someone is dead.

why it concerns you having it here too i have no idea.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Calaen said:
You are right Tris every newspaper, news report is about someone thats died, someone that is dying and then something that is going to kill you.

If I read a newspaper or watch the news, I expect death and destruction; if I'm watching a comedy, or if I'm in the pub, or on this forum, I don't. How hard is that to understand? I wouldn't say I come here to get away from the world but I certainly don't come here to be reminded that young people die of cancer.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
tris- said:
how the fuck you can go get so worked up OVER A WEBSITE is so beyond me
Looks like your the first person to be getting "worked up" in this thread: and despite your claims not to care the number of times youve felt the need to post in this thread suggest otherwise.

tris-

im more curious than anything. so if youd care to explain i can be on my merry way.

FozzySon

Can't get enough of FH
I am not bothered by it either way. But isn't it possible so that you can hide/see it whenever you want too?
Regarding the TV/Newspapers, you do have a choice to watch/read them. Didn't really want to post in a thread like this, as no matter what anyone says, someone will always comeback with an onslaught.

Calaen

FozzySon said:
I am not bothered by it either way. But isn't it possible so that you can hide/see it whenever you want too?
Regarding the TV/Newspapers, you do have a choice to watch/read them. Didn't really want to post in a thread like this, as no matter what anyone says, someone will always comeback with an onslaught.

You also have a choice to ignore a 1cm piece of text that spells Freddies Fallen aswell. Although I quite like the discussions coming from it.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Rubric said:
But based on most of the arguments in this thread that would have to be in the DAOC forums as well wouldn't it? ;)

No, because generally speaking nobody in general gives a shit about DaoC. Whereas lots of people here would enjoy browsing the old BW general forum.

Calaen

Tom said:
No, because generally speaking nobody in general gives a shit about DaoC. Whereas lots of people here would enjoy browsing the old BW general forum.

But there are players of DAOC who post here. This is not your world Tom you put everything down you dont like your so fucking shallow. Yay lets all live in the past and read old threads of me talking shit as usual about speeding fines and other fucking bollocks.

The problem is mate your brain is ageing to fast your thinking like an 80 year old. You should probably just stop reading and posting if there is nothing here of any use.

Will

/bin/su
brooky said:
why has my previous post been deleted??
What previous post? I can't see any deleted posts on this thread, which I should be able to.

Calaen

HAHA appears to be true, but come on the general attitude to DAOC on this general forum is bad. its like being back at scholl and ignoring the Gameswork shop kids :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Calaen said:
But there are players of DAOC who post here. This is not your world Tom you put everything down you dont like your so fucking shallow. Yay lets all live in the past and read old threads of me talking shit as usual about speeding fines and other fucking bollocks.

The problem is mate your brain is ageing to fast your thinking like an 80 year old. You should probably just stop reading and posting if there is nothing here of any use.

Fucking LOL.

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
Only because there was bad history many moons ago between the generalites and the DAOC clan after a series of spamming ( by both parties). I think we are all friends now though but I still sense strong territorialism.

tris-

Calaen said:

lol, owned.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Will said:
What previous post? I can't see any deleted posts on this thread, which I should be able to.
conspiracy! jup hard deleted it!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
on a more positive note

MYstIC G said:
Then lets sort out some game playing, like back in the good ole days.

GAMESDAY2!!!1 :eek:

tris-

Chilly said:
conspiracy! jup hard deleted it!

i think the post is in the other thread from what i can tell.

:kissit:

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Calaen said:

Don't try and **** people when you're so fucking shit at it. Believe it or not some of us can remember a time before all the unwashed DAOC lamers turned up, a time when this forum was for people enjoyed blowing the shit out of each other for laughs, when eevryone had a pronouncable name with vowels in, a time when the polls on the front page weren't totally obscure (like do you RVR your LGN or some other random bollocks) and a time when decent discussion was the rule rather than the exception. This board is a shadow of its former self now, and to be honest it's summed up by the rememberance section. We want chat about cars, our desktops, hot babes, maybe a bit of politics if you must, I dunno just life in general. What we arent after is a morgue of deceased DAOC'ers who aren't with us any more cos they forgot to leave their houses to get some food and starved to death. Sorry to sound cold and heartless, but if I spent my time grieving for every random I didn't know who died I'd never get anything done. There's more people out there we know than we don't know you know.

tris-

instead of everyone posting in here what they want to talk about, why the fuck not make a new thread and discuss the topic?

G

bods is king, and perplex smelss of stale piss, you can all go fuck off*

*disclaimer - if i offended anyone with this post then i don't give a flying fuck
and if you are dead you should not be reading this neway

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
brooky said:
bods is king, and perplex smelss of stale piss, you can all go fuck off*

*disclaimer - if i offended anyone with this post then i don't give a flying fuck
and if you are dead you should not be reading this neway

LOL.....and you're full of shit too

Chilly

Balls of steel
seems to me the forum has come to life again, all this good healthy slagging off is injecting life and vigour into the old bird!

We need a "try your fucking worst to make me cry you ****" thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom