I don't understand why Mids think..

I

infozwerg

ill bring my scythe along for teh harvest

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by Gewny
Comments :
Skald, frontloading what ? not dmg atleast. If u play in mid u must have seen that skalds has gone from common to rare. (btw nowdays skalds only fights soft targets, my healer can without ay real proplem eat a skald, even before ministrels got there upping they were harder for me to take out than skalds)

Thanes (thanx)

warr, its not that its bad is relly nice but it lacks fluff it has nothing uniqe nothing special.

zerkers might not be gimped but they are one of mids primary tanks, at lest it was when most players made there zerker, dont think they will be all happy and cousy now (remeber we are not speaking real effectiveness here we are speaking what ppl thinks about mid)

SBs nowdays are standing infront of the same limits as other assains but they dont have acces to 2.5 spec points or magic (and the RA that makes dots/poisions crit) they also only has 100% str based slash weaps and there for will take a big hit in an assasin str decrease them. SB specifik ra sucks badly too.

insta PB disease is only 30% snare, it wont hinder an enemy to get atleast one attack in, if this enemy uses an behind stun style or has an ra lite trip the shaman wont get away. And rember this i only aviable to Cave shamans.

About mid ra´s.

Ichor is nice but nowhere near BAoD for example, Ichor is basicly a ae insta root.
PR comes no where close, ofc its a pretty nice ra, Instead of rezzing someone in 4 sec like u can do I can do it in 1. Well thats if u have NO dex bonus to ure casting speed. And consider what is best either get the whole groupe going and attacking or rezzing ONE fallen member without buffs.

I personally hope this trend can be turned around with the upcoming ra rewiev. At lot of luv should be raining mid´s way that patch...

mincers are nice, yes. But mind you, skalds have acces to 2hand weapons and can therefor do very good frontload (Tivook).with this frontload you wont need a 2nd hit from the skald to kill the target fast in a good assisting group. they also have a few insta spells that interupts(not sure how many of those who interupts this patch)

warriors share this problem with armsmen, but I doubt warriors will get anything "funny" cuz that would very well be the thing that takes them from a very solid class to a overpowered one. I'd trade the Warrior-skills over my Hero-skills any day of the week. ;)

Why not take down the zerkers dmg on pair? sure, quite a few zerkers will be unhappy. But have you any clue how many ppl that was unhappy about the zerker dmg? if not, check all the savage whine-threads. do not think don't-nerf-cuz-zerkers-will-be-unhappy is a valid argument if you look at it that way.

Sbs might need something new now, yes.

and what none-buffbot shammy has not the 1st PB-disease. the shammy will have endregen as long as he live in start of the fight and can therefor easiely outsprint any enemy that is diseased. And can you name any hib alb that have trip? I know 1 who tested it but he respecced right away to get rid of it.

and for the RAs. I agree ichory is more or less a tweaked form of an instaroot, but the tweaks on it makes it rather good. But remember that Boad doesn't help much vs the most of the groups around since there ain't to much mages around anyway.

And a insta full rezz is much better then a normal rezz. it can't get interupted and the amount of spread heals a PRd healer can cast is twice as good as any rezzed druid/cleric will get off. I do not agree to the way you are trying to describe it, a rather normal rezz that is a RA. it's more then that.

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by infozwerg
ill bring my scythe along for teh harvest

oi! cheat! we have to do it with our bare hands!

the tractor is all arnor's :mad:

G

Gewny

Gahldir I aint saying that PR or Ichor are bad ra´s but you have to agree that they have less value than BAoD or Groupe Purge or BoF or SoS.

And personally I dont relly think that PR is worth 14 points, not evry 30 mins. Especially not if u consider that BoF is 10 points.
(esp if u compare to what a healer with spread heal can do with MoC evry 30 mins)

PR should cost something like 8 points or be on a 10 min timer...

to the classes :
Would you relly trade LW/CS/Stag for ? what ? 3% extra dmg on onehanded weaps ?

The zerker nerf was inbound no aargue there but wasent it a bit much ? The risk are that we will go thru this same discussion about chanters in some months. Mythic are sadly enugh known to overdo things :(

C

cougar-

Gahldir I aint saying that PR or Ichor are bad ra´s but you have to agree that they have less value than BAoD or Groupe Purge or BoF or SoS.

And personally I dont relly think that PR is worth 14 points, not evry 30 mins. Especially not if u consider that BoF is 10 points.
(esp if u compare to what a healer with spread heal can do with MoC evry 30 mins)

to the classes :

The zerker nerf was inbound no aargue there but wasent it a bit much ? The risk are that we will go thru this same discussion about chanters in some months. Mythic are sadly enugh known to overdo things :(

yes any hero would swap the pointless stag and lw/cs for a free specline to 50 as warriors have.

next.

O

old.Nol

he zerker nerf was inbound no aargue there but wasent it a bit much ? The risk are that we will go thru this same discussion about chanters in some months. Mythic are sadly enugh known to overdo things :(

Sorry mate, I don't see how the zerker nerf was too much, it was a damage reduction LA styles that doesn't stop the average zerker from killing me in 3 hits anyway, what is a "bit much" about it?

The only reason Mids could conceivably complain is when it's compared to the savage, but compare the zerkers damage to the opposition realms tanks, I think tanks in both Hib and Alb would cut off a testicle for that kind of damage output.

I

infozwerg

yes any hero would swap the pointless stag and lw/cs for a free specline to 50 as warriors have.

actually, i would trade my 1h damage for a thrust 2hander.

but then id NEVER trade my slash resistant, goodlooking epic armor against that scale crap even if id get m00semode with it.

and id NEVER, NEVER, NEVER trade my sexeh kobbie hair for the baldness of a lurikeen.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by cougar-

next.

and every armsman would trade whatever they are specced in for lw (50pole, 50crush, 50slash (and 9sec rear-entry lubbah) )

C

cougar-

Originally posted by Arnor
and every armsman would trade whatever they are specced in for lw (50pole, 50crush, 50slash (and 9sec rear-entry lubbah) )

yep,since warrior is totaly best pure tank :)

A

Arnor

yep,since warrior is totaly best pure tank :)

so, what took warrior from zero to hero so to speak?

the basedmg-increase that no warrior claimed to notice, or all the other love warriors have gotten (too much to list :p )

C

cougar-

the basedmg-increase that no warrior claimed to notice, or all the other love warriors have gotten (too much to list :p )

slash resist armor, a spec line for free. more wpn skill. enough imo :p

A

Arnor

slash resist armor, a spec line for free. more wpn skill. enough imo :p
but they've had that since release more or less. Just some months ago there was NO doubt that warriors were so much worse then hero&arms.

O

old.Icebreaker

Originally posted by vintervargen
what is needed is the removal of the block (read guard) penalty vs dualweilders. if a caster is guarded by a 50 shield specced tank, he should be able to cast, at least once in a while.
that way, you could counter tank grps with proper teamplay.

C

cougar-

but they've had that since release more or less. Just some months ago there was NO doubt that warriors were so much worse then hero&arms.

yes, true :) maybe when warriors got hold of good 2h swords and started to make ubah dmg to impress ppl

edit: i gave it 1 min thought and realised its because of guard and possible but not proved link between wpn skill and block.

I

infozwerg

warriors are still somewhat weaker than armsmen or heros because midgard styles are lacking compared to polearm/2handed/lw/cs.

the best heavy tank is a hybrid spec armsman 50 polearm/42 shield/39 thrust/rest parry. high absorb, good damage type against enemy support, elite 2h styles + slam, spec AF buff from clerics and good haste from theurgists.

G

Gahldir

to the classes :

I do agree that BoF and SoS is superior, but ichory and PR are damn good RAs aswell as GP and Baod.

And the same goes for druids and thier 14 points GP. I agree that BoF is to cheap contra PR and GP that is worse RAs that costs more.

Reason to exchange is highest WS in game + free full 2h specc along with 1h specc. Stag is 50% extra hp for 30 secs every 30 mins, wich are pretty shitty, cuz when I start to get bashed down we have 9 out of 10 times lost anyway.

To my knowledge a good zerker still do more dmg then a BM or a merc does. so I do not think it was to much. However, nerfing a chanters dmg would somehow be the wrong angle as I'd say they are a good caster. And yes, they are overpowered if you look on other casters but not if you look on tanks. it's the other mages that are behind. most mages are just utility-slaves that when they are done with thier thing don't fill a real good purpose in the group ;)

G

Gahldir

prolly all the small things put together + ppl realising how good the class really was in the 1st place ;)

C

cougar-

warriors are still somewhat weaker than armsmen or heros because midgard styles are lacking compared to polearm/2handed/lw/cs.

the best heavy tank is a hybrid spec armsman 50 polearm/42 shield/39 thrust/rest parry. high absorb, good damage type against enemy support, elite 2h styles + slam, spec AF buff from clerics and good haste from theurgists.

lw styles kinda sook cept anni. sword styles are much better then cs styles. dunno about armsman.

G

Gahldir

2handed style line in alb looks rather gimped, but they can on the other hand relay on baseline styles

cs style is not uber in any way imo. sure, side-chain is 44+50 but no good effect. behind-style starts with a snare, but isn't the greatest style in the specc at all dmg wise.

LW has 1 uber style but that's pretty much it, isn't it?

pole however looks to be having a few nice styles in the end of the specc.

and I do not think mid style lines are all dead last.

Users who are viewing this thread