I don't understand why Mids think..

T

Trubble

Originally posted by Gewny
acctually if u read patch notes you can only see mid hate for long (expcept the SM getting some luv).

And yes we still have good classes but we now have a long list of classes that feels themself either left out or right out insulted.

The usual Mid reply to albs whining about useless classes are.... *drumroll*:

Roll a good class.

L

Lumikki

Bleh, we'll still kick as much hibbie and albie butts as we used to, I don't really see why we wouldn't :)

xx

O

old.Tzeentch

acctually if u read patch notes you can only see mid hate for long (expcept the SM getting some luv).

And yes we still have good classes but we now have a long list of classes that feels themself either left out or right out insulted.

Skalds and Thanes - long lasting classes that feels left out.
Warr : Lacks interesting touches, is a Viking that forgot to become anything.
Zerker : ofc they feel insulted, watch clerics this will not stop anytime soon.
SB´s : will become the redheaded stepchild of all assasins once the patch is in.
Shamans still (with all rights) complains about bottyness and lack of defense.

So mid are left with : Healers, BD, SM, Savage and maybe hunters as "happy" classes

Then look at Mids RA´s they are all a laugh. no usable groupe based RA´s NONE of em compares to Groupe purge, SoS, BaOD or BoF. If u stack all mids special ras togheter they wouldent still come close to ONE of those 4.

OFC mid feels low and if Mythic dicides to low savage and/or BD before the hand out some massive Luv mid might be drained...

Hibs/Albs got the same probs ya know..

Can start to list the classes and their problems, but its the same in Alb, and Mid, I know.. so again, why is Midgard so special here.. ?

G

Gahldir

Skalds and Thanes - long lasting classes that feels left out.
Warr : Lacks interesting touches, is a Viking that forgot to become anything.
Zerker : ofc they feel insulted, watch clerics this will not stop anytime soon.
SB´s : will become the redheaded stepchild of all assasins once the patch is in.
Shamans still (with all rights) complains about bottyness and lack of defense.

So mid are left with : Healers, BD, SM, Savage and maybe hunters as "happy" classes

Then look at Mids RA´s they are all a laugh. no usable groupe based RA´s NONE of em compares to Groupe purge, SoS, BaOD or BoF. If u stack all mids special ras togheter they wouldent still come close to ONE of those 4.

OFC mid feels low and if Mythic dicides to low savage and/or BD before the hand out some massive Luv mid might be drained...

skald is best frontloading support tank in the game

Thanes I can understand

Warriors are the best heavy tank in the game

Zerkers are not gimped, still good dmg and acces to PF with 70% (edit: maybe more like 42.25% to not get aPF-procc of everytime they swing) achance to procc every time they swing

SBs I can't say to much, but... they do pretty much now have same specc lines as the other assasins?

and I guess aoe root + insta PB disease isn't any defence for Shamans?

and I guess PR and Ichory suck so much ass that none bothers to get them, right? From my point of view thier overall utility is clearly in the same leauge as GP+BAOD. However, I agree that SoS+BoF is ahead.

Not more to whine about then the other 2 realms imo if even that.

C

censi

I dunno if midgard are naive enough to think that suddenly the other realms have forgotten how to RVR and the hammering they been dishing out in FG RVR is caused by there over whelming skill...

lets smell the coffee shall we.

the fact of the matter is midgard can put togther the type of group that is almost unbeatable in an equal jump encouter.

All this hinges around a few things and tbh its not savages that are the problem (but they dont help much)

Perma speed 6 shamy end and chain wearing CC with bucket loads of instas

The healer is an awsome class, and anyone who has played one to lvl 50 really knows just how awsome they are. To many instas and to many forms of CC and very very hard to kill with chain..

Group Purge used to win us so many battles but now it doesnt seem to make to much difffernce.

All any mid grp has to do is take out our bard and without end we cant gank your support. But also our support cannot get away from your gank squads.

Just see so few SM's and RM's in mid grps now. but more and more groups have the brat pack of troll and kobby L/W tanks that insta kill anything they get to.

The fix to this should not be to nerf anything midgard has but make mages and the other classes equally as deadly so that a group with 5 tanks and 3 support is no where near as good as a group with 3 support 2 tanks and 3 mages for example.

IMo make mages resist mezz and magical affects a lot more than tanks who arnt supposed to understand magic. If a tanks has 2300 and hits for 400-700 then a mage should be able to nuke consistently for 700 damage. MAke mages a major threat that need to be taken out b4 other classes or they will literally destroy the enemy tanks with there magic.
Theres no argument for giving tanks abilities like determination. Tanks have no understanding of magic and spells like mezzmerize should stick longer on a tank than a mage.

ooo shit im waffling and have lost the plot sorry.

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch
Hibs/Albs got the same probs ya know..

Can start to list the classes and their problems, but its the same in Alb, and Mid, I know.. so again, why is Midgard so special here.. ?

i was about to do a long post about that, but i cba ;p

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by censi

Theres no argument for giving tanks abilities like determination. Tanks have no understanding of magic and spells like mezzmerize should stick longer on a tank than a mage.

maybe this luri isn't droped behind the bandwagon after all ;)

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by Gahldir
maybe this luri isn't droped behind the bandwagon after all ;)

or his saying "i never was the sharpest tool in the box" is incorrect ;)

F

Fhran OopsMt

nahhh i don´t think mythic hates mid´s they just over do every nerf they do or fix if u want to call it that.

I think it is oki that they fixed zerkers but they fixed it then nerfed it just to be sure :)

B

belth

Originally posted by Amadon
oh right.. so hib is the only realm with pbaoe now?

K... We'll come and PBAoE you while BAoD is running? You might get hit for 20 damage, oh the horror.

C

cougar-

Originally posted by belth
K... We'll come and PBAoE you while BAoD is running? You might get hit for 20 damage, oh the horror.

good, i like alb caster grps :p

G

Gewny

skald is best frontloading support tank in the game

Thanes I can understand

Warriors are the best heavy tank in the game

Zerkers are not gimped, still good dmg and acces to PF with 70% chance to procc every time they swing

SBs I can't say to much, but... they do pretty much now have same specc lines as the other assasins?

and I guess aoe root + insta PB disease isn't any defence for Shamans?

and I guess PR and Ichory suck so much ass that none bothers to get them, right? From my point of view thier overall utility is clearly in the same leauge as GP+BAOD. However, I agree that SoS+BoF is ahead.

Not more to whine about then the other 2 realms imo if even that.

Comments :
Skald, frontloading what ? not dmg atleast. If u play in mid u must have seen that skalds has gone from common to rare. (btw nowdays skalds only fights soft targets, my healer can without ay real proplem eat a skald, even before ministrels got there upping they were harder for me to take out than skalds)

Thanes (thanx)

warr, its not that its bad is relly nice but it lacks fluff it has nothing uniqe nothing special.

zerkers might not be gimped but they are one of mids primary tanks, at lest it was when most players made there zerker, dont think they will be all happy and cousy now (remeber we are not speaking real effectiveness here we are speaking what ppl thinks about mid)

SBs nowdays are standing infront of the same limits as other assains but they dont have acces to 2.5 spec points or magic (and the RA that makes dots/poisions crit) they also only has 100% str based slash weaps and there for will take a big hit in an assasin str decrease them. SB specifik ra sucks badly too.

insta PB disease is only 30% snare, it wont hinder an enemy to get atleast one attack in, if this enemy uses an behind stun style or has an ra lite trip the shaman wont get away. And rember this i only aviable to Cave shamans.

About mid ra´s.

Ichor is nice but nowhere near BAoD for example, Ichor is basicly a ae insta root.
PR comes no where close, ofc its a pretty nice ra, Instead of rezzing someone in 4 sec like u can do I can do it in 1. Well thats if u have NO dex bonus to ure casting speed. And consider what is best either get the whole groupe going and attacking or rezzing ONE fallen member without buffs.

I personally hope this trend can be turned around with the upcoming ra rewiev. At lot of luv should be raining mid´s way that patch...

A

Amadon

Originally posted by censi
edited for brevity
Good points, except I disagree with your solution. Upping mage damage will not balance the game, it will tilt it the other way so that tanks are once again getting toasted before they can do anything. Casters need to be more effective, and for this to happen, resists need to be looked at (hopefully 1.64), spell lvl vs target lvl needs to be changed back to caster lvl vs target lvl (isn't going to happen), and interrupts need to be utterly revamped (isn't going to happen either).
I don't have much hope for DAoC tbh, just playing it until something better comes along.

V

Vasconcelos

Hummm...

Skalds: ive seen some SS of Tivook doing insane 700 damages. Agree he is high RR, but if you specc your skald with 50 weapon im sure u can inflict some serious damage...

Zerkers: they still hitting harder than bm/mercs, the primary damage dealers of hib/alb

Shammans: disease is a pain in the ass, n the snare can give you the edge in many battles. Moreover, they can ress, give end chant, root (moderate root if u are aug specced), buffs (low buffs if u are cave) n do some minor heals. Plus Ichor. As far as im concerned, looks like a pretty nice support class. I wish clerics had the same versatility.

V

vintervargen

what is needed is the removal of the block (read guard) penalty vs dualweilders. if a caster is guarded by a 50 shield specced tank, he should be able to cast, at least once in a while.
that way, you could counter tank grps with proper teamplay.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Heres what I see about Mythics love for Albion:

More char types than the other realms

Camelot City - fecking big, nicely deorated, lots to explore, grand entrances...... Jordheim - really dull half empty wooden buildings, small in size, muddy and buggy as hell......Tir Na Nog - bloody long "what shall we do with all this space" tunnel to get to it, Im sure the Irish dont really decorate in flowers and other hippy elements, very random towns, NPCs in no particular places..... say no more.

More insta castable boofs

Long range mezz

Better looking armour / weapons (some of the cloth epics look the nuts)

Every patch = nerf mid, uber alb, cant be arsed with Hib (prob cause they are well balanced anyway)

The basics, well Mytic spent 2 years developing Alb then suddenly 6 months before release someone realised they need enemies too, so mid and hib got 3 months :p

I

ilienwyn

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
Heres what I see about Mythics love for Albion:

More char types than the other realms

Camelot City - fecking big, nicely deorated, lots to explore, grand entrances...... Jordheim - really dull half empty wooden buildings, small in size, muddy and buggy as hell......Tir Na Nog - bloody long "what shall we do with all this space" tunnel to get to it, Im sure the Irish dont really decorate in flowers and other hippy elements, very random towns, NPCs in no particular places..... say no more.

More insta castable boofs

Long range mezz

Better looking armour / weapons (some of the cloth epics look the nuts)

Every patch = nerf mid, uber alb, cant be arsed with Hib (prob cause they are well balanced anyway)

The basics, well Mytic spent 2 years developing Alb then suddenly 6 months before release someone realised they need enemies too, so mid and hib got 3 months :p

yeah right...

A

AbPoon

Aye Whoodoo but how do you expain why Mid SI totally pisses on Alb SI :/

O

osy

I always go for the underdog race, profession, character. In any game.

The nerfs only help filter midgard of the fotm scum players. Thank you Mythic, you made Midgard a better place.

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by belth

K... We'll come and melee you while BoF is running? You might get hit for 20 damage, oh the horror.

A

Arnor

K... We'll come and melee you while BoF is running? You might get hit for 20 damage, oh the horror.

nah, they have ablative song for those 20dmg ;)

C

cougar-

Originally posted by Arnor
nah, they have ablative song for those 20dmg ;)

and abla proc for the 2 dmg that the dmg add did :rolleyes:

A

Arnor

Originally posted by cougar-
and abla proc for the 2 dmg that the dmg add did :rolleyes:

ofc!

sure is nice at the farm today cgr

C

cougar-

ofc!

sure is nice at the farm today cgr

sun is shining, the tractor run smoth over the farm.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by cougar-
sun is shining, the tractor run smoth over the farm.

ahh, 's gonna be a good harvest today I reckon :>

V

vintervargen

ahh, 's gonna be a good harvest today I reckon :>

sure grows alot after the heavy rain 2 days ago

C

cougar-

hundres of acres just begging to be harvested by our competent hands.

A

Arnor

huh-huh, harvested

we best get to it, only 4 hours left

Users who are viewing this thread