No idea I can't think of a title for this thread!

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
So i have been a member on here for a long time(granted not as long as some people) and have chatted to a lot of you on here or via IRC, Wow, Planetside or other games.

But i have no idea what you all do in your day to day lives.

So what i want to know is what do you do for a living or what are you studying.

I will start us off I am a Resource & Planning Analyst for an energy company.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Nice one Jimmeh - I think we have an idea about some, but a single thread to encapsulate it could be fun.

I work in the financial data industry - shares, futures, options whatever - we deliver prices from exchanges all over the world to the community that needs them. My role is as a service manager for our hosted solutions, so I try to make sure things stay up and running at all times and provide maximum uptime for customers.(y)

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
Going in to a bit of detail there Jup i like it :)

I shall expand on mine - My job is to look after the incoming calls for all things residential. The team i work with look after 7 different sites over 3 continents. Our main job is to ensure we stick to the planned speed of answer of customer calls this might mean shifting some staff over to help another department or mean taking some people off the phone all together to focus on other work. I also deal with national faults within the business and kind of work as the middle man between our IS function and our operational function to ensure that we get things fixed so it doesn't impact the business.

Throdgrain I actually didn't know that i just thought you where very interested in motorcycles.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I manage a few teams at a Local Authority.

We handle all the business intelligence and report development and the back end support for a number of core (mainly social care) IT systems.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Nice one Jimmeh - I think we have an idea about some, but a single thread to encapsulate it could be fun.

I work in the financial data industry - shares, futures, options whatever - we deliver prices from exchanges all over the world to the community that needs them. My role is as a service manager for our hosted solutions, so I try to make sure things stay up and running at all times and provide maximum uptime for customers.(y)
I thought you worked down the mines with your 6 little mates @Jupitus ?

I run my own business with a partner, fitting windows, doors and conservatories, I also make traditional leaded/stained glass windows, which is my trade before I moved into window fitting.

we've been doing it on our own for 8 years, but in total I have been doing it for 30 yrs since I left school

*I also like boobs*

Wij

I am a FH squatter
IT Consultant. Independent Solution Architect. Working for clients in West Yorkshire.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm a television sound recordist and OB cameraman. I do stuffs like this:

_20150704_142615.JPG 11288973_10153869757428275_526939044405143467_o.jpg

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Ooh, are we doing pictures? this is what I made and fitted today, taken from inside so obviously the number '90' is back to front

IMG_29780.jpg

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I run and now own a boatyard. We do holidays, daytrips, moorings and maintenance. We are just beginning to build new boats too, although that's something which is really going to develop over the next year and is very very exciting for us.

I am also a foster carer, along with my other half.

I also make some money doing matched betting, enough to add about 25% tax free to my salary.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I'm responsible for Finance, HR, EHS and IT for two companies one in Sweden and one in Norway. I also am an Internal auditor for the current 'branch' of the mother company, as well as being responsible for BI projects for the entire division (20 countries)... I am a corporate whore who can play the game well ;)

Syri

FH is my second home
I'm currently doing retakes for my final year of a degree in English Language and Creative Writing, and also writing various things on the side, including a couple of novels. Prior to that, I worked on the telephone helpdesk for PC World, which was depressing. I also fix and build PCs for friends and family, which usually keeps me busy.

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
Wow a nice mix of people, keep them coming :)

IT Consultant. Independent Solution Architect. Working for clients in West Yorkshire.

Wij always forget you live quite close to me

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I work in the finance industry, doing IT application support for a major bank. I sit on the equity trading floor next to the traders and ensure that our equity trading systems all work as expected. When they don't, all hell breaks loose :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Student. Exams. 15 hour study session today. Knackered. Will elaborate in the near future, granted I survive Monday's exam.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Work for a global VoIP / UC / Cloud Telecommunications company as Chief System Architect which basically means I do a bit of everything Voice & Internet related. Think Code Monkey, DBA, DevOPs, and some CCIE thrown in for good measure. Code I wrote made over 2billion phone calls this year. I'm as amazed as anyone it doesn't crash more often :D

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Student. Exams. 15 hour study session today. Knackered. Will elaborate in the near future, granted I survive Monday's exam.
Just remember when your little one is splurging some kind of mushed food through his chops and throwing soiled nappies at you, just remember, it's all for him, it's all worth it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Im a software asset management senior consultant. Doing audit defence, software usage and entitlement analysis and license optimisation. Mostly for Oracle software but few other vendors too.

Hopefully soon to be a program manager for Oracle when the approvals go though oracles hr department.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I don't work. My life is subsidised by the south east of England. It's great.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I spend my days demanding exception from peons.

I come up short.

Work sucks.

But its only 10 minutes away and I generally work 8.30 to 5 and for the most part I get home in time for Pointless so who cares.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I spend my days demanding exception from peons.

I come up short.

Work sucks.

But its only 10 minutes away and I generally work 8.30 to 5 and for the most part I get home in time for Pointless so who cares.
On minimum wage its all you can expect. ;)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Part time fuser engineer, part time nan carer, part time mum worrier/visitor, part time child looker afterer.

:)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I used to write and manage the national code for BT's system x telephone exchanges.
I jacked in in after years of boredom to become a boiler repairman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom