i cant log in and cant reach DOAC europe site

K

KuifJe

I aint going back to 56k :eek:

Problem is u cant reach GOA either from any Chello IP to ask about what is being done about it :/

Whats worth it, I'm writing down Sat 22-11-'04 as start of the prob and will be counting days I want in return.

Banning a complete range is bollox, and changing IP's aint that simple on chello seeing u get a decent length of time on your IP lease (not to sure about how long). This would mean that GOA just had to ban 1 IP and then the "presumed" hacker had to unplug for hours.

N

NetNifty

Should be able to access using a proxy but good luck in finding a free one open for u to use and theres also the danger taht the owner of it could see your password :m00:

F

Frosen

I'm with chello also i played all day till the evening when i started to go LD everytime i logged in. Now i can't log in anymore at all, and can't check on news anymore since daoc home is unreachable to :(

Bullocks !! get ur act together and stop dreaming GOA and chello

pooo !!!

oh and i demand a refund

D

Driwen

one time GOA is to weak on hackers and now they seem to be to tough, if they hadnt blocked those IP range they could have been hacked or the servers could have gone down. You could ask Chello if they have received any words from GOA about this and wether they are resolving the issue (or contact GOA, but than email them through work connection or of a friend without Chello).

N

ning

post your tracerts to see from where comes the problem.

L

lothian

Modem

Well i dusted of my 33K6 modem and started playing...

S

Spoccie

This is really sucky sucky...

Thanks to this idiotic situation chello has let us in. I'm unable to retrieve my game password... Which means, no endless, addicted behaviour for the game that controls my entire live and being on this planet.
With other words...

This Sucks......:(

A

adari

I'm sure GOA will have an explanation upcoming monday.

Untill then, click the x in the top right corner of your screen and go have a life okthx. Pathetic addicted whiners ~~ kah!

L

Legolias

/\
|
|
|

pathetic addicted whiners ~~ kah!

Last weekend we have been unable to play due to GOA's crashing server & patch, and now this weekend we can't play either.

There are some of us who can only play weekends -- basically this means 2 weeks of no daoc while we pay for it just like you do.

G

Graknak

Good money scam from GOA since now we can't cancell our subs because you can't access the website, smart thinking GOA!!!!111111

P

Pixie.Pebr

Originally posted by Graknak
Good money scam from GOA since now we can't cancell our subs because you can't access the website, smart thinking GOA!!!!111111

You just gave paranoia/conspiracy-addiction a face :p

On another note;
just mailed GOA and Chello asking for info, any info and asap.
As already said, suggest ALL who suffer from this do it, to show both GOA and Chello how many are affected.
And no, I don't think them recieving a gazzilion mails/phonecalls will slow down the work of actually solving it, since I doubt the guys at the helpdesk are the poor blokes sat to fix the problem.

When (if) I get an answer, I'll post here.

And also, if anyone NOT affected, ie. able to access the camelot-europe webby, could be kind and have a look every now and then and check if any news is posted there us poor chelloists would appreciate it :)

M

Maite

I just hope they'll fix it soon. And I might be a whiner, but weekends are the only time I can play a lot due to school, friends and work in the normal weekdays. :/

T

Twaize

Why is Chello so popular? They have cheap connections?

K

KuifJe

Originally posted by Twaize
Why is Chello so popular? They have cheap connections?

Not cheaper then other providers, BUT in NL u only have 1 cable provider per region and it was there before ADSL. U also get better bandwidth for the same price.

On the Chello/GOA note again. IF GOA blocked the complete Chello range, how come I can still ping the patch/login servers then? I've asked around a bit, and the outcome is blocked IP = no response on ANY form of communications between the Chello range and GOA.

If I'm feeling less annoyed I might call Chello again and yell at em again. Also gonna ask wtf IP traffic directed @ France is routed thru New York :S

K

KuifJe

Little update:

Called Chello again, apparently it's a problem for all European customers. The problem is known and they are working on it... It's not GOA tho, but Chello, thats what the bloke from the helpdesk said anyways.

No clue what that means, best thing to do is keep calling the helpdesk (if u can afford it :/ ) and keep nagging.

F

frols

Whenever i try to start the game it retry's 3 times then sais Service not available .

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by KuifJe
Little update:

Called Chello again, apparently it's a problem for all European customers. The problem is known and they are working on it... It's not GOA tho, but Chello, thats what the bloke from the helpdesk said anyways.

No clue what that means, best thing to do is keep calling the helpdesk (if u can afford it :/ ) and keep nagging.
BBB had similar problem last year, took the work of a few customers to report it and send in logs, for them to do something about it. :)

A

Aussie-

Originally posted by Driwen
if goa did get attacked and they hadnt stopped it (by blocking all ips fromt the cable company as iirc you can change your ip easily) than goa would have been completly down for everyone. So they block Chello's set of ip's to prevent from being unreachable by anyone. Atleast this is assuming it was a DOS attack or something similar (DOS is aimed at overloading a server by sending multiple packets at it so it cant do anything anymore as its to busy handling the DOS attack).
However it could have been GOA's isp doing this, but dont know how long this will take before GOA will trust Chello's ip's again. So it might be a case of Chello finding the person(s) who did this, shutting down his(their) internet down.

lol bs, if you mean ping flooding or smth that keeps sending packets to overload their server. you can block that command to avoid things like that.
visit www.cnn.com and try to ping that site. you'll see 4 timeouts.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Aussie-
lol bs, if you mean ping flooding or smth that keeps sending packets to overload their server. you can block that command to avoid things like that.
visit www.cnn.com and try to ping that site. you'll see 4 timeouts.

instead of just saying bullshit, maybe help and give a reason than why its happening? Why would GOA have blocked out a whole range of IP's?

A

Arcos

Originally posted by KuifJe

...best thing to do is keep calling the helpdesk (if u can afford it :/ ) and keep nagging.

hahahaha!!!!

yeah keep calling them :p

10mins waiting line... 5 mins explaination... 30mins for them to understand... 20 mins for them to figure out that the problem is familiar to them... and 5 sec to say we are working on it and say goodbye...

chello....

:puke:

J

jeweltje

Originally posted by Arcos
hahahaha!!!!

yeah keep calling them :p

10mins waiting line... 5 mins explaination... 30mins for them to understand... 20 mins for them to figure out that the problem is familiar to them... and 5 sec to say we are working on it and say goodbye...

chello....

:puke:

:LOL:

hope most chello users are albs, they'll zerg their phoneline :p :p

M

Maite

Originally posted by jeweltje
:LOL:

hope most chello users are albs, they'll zerg their phoneline :p :p

Lol.. Im a Mid.. I'll just get my troll and bash their heads in.
\o/ Dem Chello's/GOA² think they're strong, Dem Chello's/GOA², they be wrong! *Grooooaaarr*

²- Choose an answer.

A

Arcos

why choose??

can i take both??

if so both if not..

then 2...

:sleeping:

A

Aussie-

Originally posted by Driwen
instead of just saying bullshit, maybe help and give a reason than why its happening? Why would GOA have blocked out a whole range of IP's?

there are several reasons possible and i aint gonna guess like you do.

S

shizkebab

Sunday evening still blocked...

Did GOA even mention this situation on/in <whatever> their news section?

etc

B

bladehv

just checked with a m8 noting on daoc site about this matter for now

L

Legolias

This is the second weekend in a row where I can't play due to bloody technical issues out of my control.

And it's pissing me off :|

Users who are viewing this thread