i cant log in and cant reach DOAC europe site

D

drerranwan

I cant reach the doac-europe site and i cant log in is this my problem or servers down or sumtink?

D

Draeil

u on chello prolly, others have the same problem too

D

drerranwan

yeah :\....why do i have the problem then ?

A

ares_Hellsing

Ask Chello, i can not get a decent awnser from them :( a sucky provider if you ask me.. but hey no alternative... grr

A

ares_Hellsing

Btw, please call with complains, otherwise they will do nothing when to few complain, and we loose at least a whole weekend playtime :(

G

Graknak

same problem atm, nothing on the website indicating there is something wrong...

K

khaldhor

same problem here as well with chello, allthough i was able to connect under win98, xp didnt do a thing. disk with win98 keeps crashing though so not really an option :(

S

shizkebab

I have exactly the same prob.

I logged in this morning nps. When i tried again late afternoon it did'nt work and still dont. All i get is an error message 201 wich make no sense when checking technical help on camelot-support.

I got chello-upc via cable modem. I am aswell a retard concerning most computer related technicall issues and have'nt got a clue what to do or what's wrong.

Any suggestions?

Shizkebab Alhambra
Theodhorian
Shizbert
etc

K

Khalen

I'm still ingame since this morning and don't intend to quit the game because I checked and it has no connection to the play server but update server is fine.

C

chretien

It sounds like a routing problem between your ISP and Goa.
Shout at your ISP as no-one else will really be able to fix it.

K

KuifJe

FFS

Apparently there have been attacks from the Chello network on GOA. This is (probably) why GOA has blocked several subnets, including the full Chello range and some other ISP's.

Official response from the Chello Helpdesk (within 10 minutes o_O )

No clue what now, unless Goa decides to unblock us :/

EDIT:
No way to contact em since www.camelot-europe.com is blocked as well...

B

bladehv

just finished phone call with chello and got the same answer goa totally blocked us :((

K

KuifJe

Heh, the d00d on the phone allready said they had the exact same call 2 minutes before me :)

C

Cyfr

GoA for the win

'I wonder what will happen if we block an ISP, lets hope it dosn't effect our players'

G

gala

same problem with Chello

I use Chello to and my problem is I can visit website and log into all servers except Prydwen.

I have called Chello and they say i'm not the only one with problems but they dont know what the problem is.

They also told me that people playing EA Games online have the same problem.

A

Arcos

aahh.. that explains alot... thnx...

<emote>
CRY!!!!!
</emote>

jesus chr*st!!

M

Maite

So what exactly happened?
GoA cut off all the connection with Chello because some attacks or anything so we can't play any DAoC anymore? And what are they going to do with it? Nothing? Bah.. Stupid GoA, stupid Chello, only going to hate them more and more.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Maite
So what exactly happened?
GoA cut off all the connection with Chello because some attacks or anything so we can't play any DAoC anymore? And what are they going to do with it? Nothing? Bah.. Stupid GoA, stupid Chello, only going to hate them more and more.

if goa did get attacked and they hadnt stopped it (by blocking all ips fromt the cable company as iirc you can change your ip easily) than goa would have been completly down for everyone. So they block Chello's set of ip's to prevent from being unreachable by anyone. Atleast this is assuming it was a DOS attack or something similar (DOS is aimed at overloading a server by sending multiple packets at it so it cant do anything anymore as its to busy handling the DOS attack).
However it could have been GOA's isp doing this, but dont know how long this will take before GOA will trust Chello's ip's again. So it might be a case of Chello finding the person(s) who did this, shutting down his(their) internet down.

A

Arcos

LMAO...

knowing chello...

all those who have chello cancel your subscription... as this will take like 4-EVER.......... (finding the person who did this)

For those chello is the only option find other game you CAN play

:m00: CHELLO :m00:

L

lothian

Nice

If its happened that they blocked Chello i want a refund for those days i cannot play. I hate not being able to play.

A

Arcos

lol well i think it was the best thing to do..

cutting of all chello ip's instead of cutting of the server or something in that region..

now SOME can still play..

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

M

Maite

Originally posted by Arcos
lol well i think it was the best thing to do..

cutting of all chello ip's instead of cutting of the server or something in that region..

now SOME can still play..

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

How do you mean that?
I wanna play, I wanna play,
Can I? Or am I just stupid? :p
Probably that.

A

Arcos

Originally posted by Driwen
...So they block Chello's set of ip's to prevent from being unreachable by anyone...

...However it could have been GOA's isp doing this, but dont know how long this will take before GOA will trust Chello's ip's again. So it might be a case of Chello finding the person(s) who did this, shutting down his(their) internet down...

that's why

M

Maite

Originally posted by Arcos
that's why

Oh wait.. I get it now..
I agree with the refund.. If we cant play for weeks because
GOA blocked Chello it's no fair we pay for those weeks really.
:/ How am I going to live without my precious game? :(

A

Arcos

hmmzzz true..

tho it still SUCKS that we can't play now.. :(

L

lothian

Modem?

Is DOAC playable with a modem connection?

L

lothian

Meant a phone modem ofcourse

Meant a phone modem ofcourse, like in the old times...

N

NetNifty

fairly playable, just dont go near RR sized zergs or u go LD. Dunno if its like this for all people but its difficult for me to RvR with melee chars as the enemy lags around a bit so i get "Target is not in view" msgs :/

L

Legolias

Can't connect either :x This sucks major booty.

From what I've found on this issue it seems GOA blocked Chello's IP range. And if they've done that because of hacking/violation reasons I think this is going to take days if not weeks...

Users who are viewing this thread