I always read about nerf Midgard!

F

- Fedaykin -

Dragonfang is good.. but it is the ONLY decent style in the thrust line... it gets purged all the time and is nearly impossible to land when you are not buffed fighting a buffed sb.

this post is basically:

1.A shadowblade gets brought into line
2. he doesnt like it
3. lets flame albs - their level 50 style is useful - nerf it
4. they r all teh n00bs and mid r0xxors

G

grimster

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
It is a lvl 50 style... It is supposed to be good...
And zerkers are not being killed, you are getting a damage reduction of around 30% according to most. This means that instead of 700hp hits on my scout every 2s, you will now do 500hp hits every 2s.
Cry me a river noob, Mythic stated they should really nerf Zerkers more, but they won't cause you are used to being overpowered.
Regards, Glottis

Du e allt bra sneknullad du Glottis.

G

glorien_

LoL - this post is just exceptionally pointless - its 1 annoyed SB that hes finally getting fixed (not nerfed). This fix has been needed for along time. The amount of times i have seen Sb's simply melee ppl to death gets beyond a joke.

And tbh albs do have a reason to whine about LA and all of that - because it does too much dmg compared to anything in the game. How can u honestly say that 1 class can out dmg every other light tank and tank by a big majority is fair?? You either bring the dmg down (1.62) or you raise everyone elses dmg to even it out.

O

old.m0000

Originally posted by zalaz
Well this is a usual line in so many posts.. Nerf Midgard....

How about Nerf Albion and that blasted DF...
I have a lvl 50 zhadowserk that will be nerfed and utterly destoyed with the upcomming patch. I guess that many albs are so darn happy about this. But Im not.

And DF is one style that need a huge nerf.. And dont let it chain of a evade like it does.. The sb have no stun style to chain as nr 1 after a evade but albs do... :( The stun we use is nr 2 after evade and is hard as hell to hit with.. And the DF so darn easy...

SO Nerf Albion and DF.. Nerf I tell you NERF......

And yes Im sick and tierd of ppl whining... And guess what... its mostly albs.. Cuz they cant fight like men they only zerg.....

1 sb against 1 fg albs that is rvr from albs... How brave you are tiny albs.... And then you scream about nerf.. LOL... How about this you cant have 6 wizzards and 1 tank and 1 mini... You will get killed... Cuz mid tanks will beat the crap out of you.. And yes cloth sucks as armor.. SO dont whine casters.. You cant take a hit from a tank, and you are not suposed to.... Learn and live with it.

Guess I will get tons of lame albs screaming in here now.. But so be it.. I wont Sos and run away like a little chicken.

give u a stun style then, couldnt care less since u wont be doing 200-300 dmg per style on an anytime on my chain anymore.

D

Deathshade

Im sick of u albs when u run into our mtk not to give rps when ur in danger... so lame...

About infils and shadowblades:
I agree - after LA "fix" we will be dealing same amount of dmg as u do- using CS styles, but:

U have 2.5 skill points - thats over 700 points more then SB get at lvl 50 so u can get thrust easy to 50. Dont tell me that this is lvl 50 style so its supposed to be good. Sure but when u have that many skill points its no biggie to raise thrust to 50 - show me a lvl 50 thrust inf that doesnt have DF.
And what about RAs? I was playing in albion for some time - and I know how vanish is uber: double PA, combine it with purge and u can escape almost anything.
My point isnt about whining and nerfing any realm. Its just that SBs after 1.62 will deal normal dmg - same as any stealther but have crap RAs, crap styles, dmg penalty on mainhand when using left axe (u prolly dont have any idea about that). I almost forgot - SBs got str based weapons that are so easy to debuff using enervating poisons and so hard to raise WS. In addition we cant choose our dmg type - only slash.
After looking at this as a whole - ask yourself a question: Is this really fair?

This whole situation reminds me of hunter a few months ago - totally broken char. SBs after 1.62 will be broken too.

A

acei

Re: Re: Re: I always read about nerf Midgard!

Originally posted by Zoldot
Hib got grp purge? and bars/druids whatever has purge and can cure mezz?!
and Spread heal is the roxxors.. just because u cant protect ur healers(with that I mean ur healing classes) so they can spread heal. I agree much with zalaz. Many albs just whine and problaby going to come with a stupid comment on my post aswell.
Stop whining about nerfing mid noobs... yes zerkes might hit to hard and imo savages is a bit overpowered imo but shadowblades dont need nerf atleast not that much and stop whining all albs who does you noobs and start playing good instead. Tired of all stupid albs.
Erm, did you look in my sig at all? I am a cleric meaning i am the healing class. Spread heal is very good, yes, but nothing compared to the insta-CC's of a healer.

Hibs have group purge, yes very nice, compare that to insta-stun/mezz, castable-stun/mezz/root, cure mezz, buffs, healing, amnesia, power regen buff and even caster speed all on one character (healer)

G

Gewny

Re: Re: Re: Re: I always read about nerf Midgard!

Originally posted by acei
Hibs have group purge, yes very nice, compare that to insta-stun/mezz, castable-stun/mezz/root, cure mezz, buffs, healing, amnesia, power regen buff and even caster speed all on one character (healer)

Yet again ppl have missconseptions about the healer, we dont get all that, we can specc for either of it but we DONT get it all on the same char.

Let me educate you some.

If u wanna be a PAC healer, say bye bye to spreadheals and good insta heals. Due to the spell lvl check a pac healer has to spec relly high to work.

If u wanna be a MEND healer, say bye bye to either good cc instas (and casted AE´s) or buffs, runspeed and so on (in AUG line)

If u wanna be an AUG healer (dont ask me why :D), say bye bye to spreadheals and good cc´s.

So basicly clerics will be better healers/buffers if they spec for that than a healer can ever get, basicly cuz we have an buff line that is seckondary buffer.

Myself are a Mend healer (with the spec MAP : 40/4/36) I think of this as a very good rvr spec but I have to give up :
1. All runspeed
2. Insta AE-Stun
3. Crappy AE cc overall (much resists, low ae, low duration)
4. As one guy said, my lvl 20 shammy gives better buffs, (with are prolly right).
5. self buffs, celerity

And dont ever think its an easy task to do both cc and healing in a groupe at the same time beeing primary target . (thats why mid groupes needs 2 healer is each groupe to perform relly good)

And on a side note please compare this :
Alb : BaF 10p 30 min
Hib : Groupe Purge 14p 30min
Mid : PR 14p 30min

And tell me whos gets the big shovel of **** there ?

V

Vasconcelos

Originally posted by Deathshade
Im sick of u albs when u run into our mtk not to give rps when ur in danger... so lame...

Explain why???

As if mids didnt do that when camping atk :rolleyes:

And what about RAs? I was playing in albion for some time - and I know how vanish is uber: double PA, combine it with purge and u can escape almost anything.

Obviously, you have not played an infil with Vanish.
Its a bugged RA. The chances of getting a second PA is like 0.1% and thats after breaking all your fingers in several attemps.
DoT ticks uncover Vanish, bleed uncover vanish, if a caster has started to nuke ya vanish is uncovered again, pets uncover ya....

My point isnt about whining and nerfing any realm. Its just that SBs after 1.62 will deal normal dmg - same as any stealther but have crap RAs, crap styles, dmg penalty on mainhand when using left axe (u prolly dont have any idea about that). I almost forgot - SBs got str based weapons that are so easy to debuff using enervating poisons and so hard to raise WS.

There are plenty of sbs who don't think it's a doomed class after 1.62.
The valid ones out there will still competing after the fix, the FoTMs will simply quit.
Agree in the part of the crappy RAs (same as infils, don't count Vanish coz is bugged). If u wanna complain about assasins RAs take a look at ns' ones.

F

Flimgoblin

defensive bonus doesn't improve chance to evade, so the detaunt style being otherwise useful (leading onto a high damage style in a chain) doesn't give much benefit.
(http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=52001144&replies=60)

Get purge, purge +50% more damage beats dragonfang anyday... come next patch I'd still go with purge+10% damage :)

(not including relics)

Oh and nerf shadowzerkers ;) trying to straight up melee an earth theurgist and an earth wizard doesn't work ;) (miss miss miss miss, hrm can't stealth coz of dot+pet, oops - wouldn't expect to win even two against one normally :))

S

Silenzio

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I always read about nerf Midgard!

Originally posted by Gewny

wished to make a good replay... but too sleepy

50 pac 20 mend
first instant... eccc bla bla bla

u dont need lot ov heal wile all ur enemy cant move =)

n btw
Battery of Life
Mastery of Healing
Wild Healing

and again with all thos form ov stun n mez =) u aint need uber heals

with no ra n 20 mend su should be able to heal for 350hp
with ra ull go over it...

rlly if ur spec is crap dont moan bout other realm =) just get a respec stones...
------

Bout Vanish...

Vanish is nice and ugly =) sometime u love it someother u wonder wy have wasted 10 in it...

vanish make u stelth... but DOES NOT CLEAR the enemy target
so this MYTH ov double PA is in trouth rlly hard to deal
cuz if u r bleeidn dotted or u enemy hit u (since the target is not cleared) ull get out ov stealth n no more able to pa...
only against a slow 2h usec or n idiot u can do that...
other time is kinda risky
-------------------------

mmm STOP CALLING 1.62 MID NERF FFF
u have more class than SB n Zerk, or no?
u have more spec line than LA

BUT Over all!!! in 1.58 LA damage was boosted by a 100% due to a mistake... 100% more!!! in 1.62 LA styled damage get reduced by a 36% that left midgard with still 64% damage bonus than every other Doulweilder spec... n now some LA style will proc dd
so pls stop calling nerf is just a review :)

300 - 30% dmg reduction = 210 still higer than n inf can deal n overall on n anytime!!!

n this i n example cuz sb n zerk can hit even more n more hard =)

shadow run maybe is not that nice :) but think was made to quicly jump someone distant or eskape faster than othere sttelthe dont know...
but inf doest have any uber ra too

've good day

P

parisienscot

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I always read about nerf Midgard!

Originally posted by Silenzio

Unless of course you're fighting hibs.

Insta mezz - Group Purged
AOE stun - with baod up I swear it didn't even stop them for half a second.

G

Gewny

there is a little secret in game called 1 min imunity. Never heard of it ?

Basicly CC is down to usefull, not very usefull or uber or anything there around. And atleast with mid u need to have at lest one dude healing and one CC ing, dont that say anything about how "uber" cc is ?

I was 27 in mend once, and relly if u even think that any healing can compete with what Spreadheal does in rvr ure a fool, no ure a joke.

So If u wanna heal for real, get spread heal, if u wanna cc for real u aint gonna get it end of story.

And btw
Battery of life aint worth the points in it its crap
Mastery of healing is only 3%
so is Wild healing, they will help a high lvl mender much more than a low lvl one.

And I like my spec, my point is u dont get it all as a healer, not like we are some kind of chanters or anything.

(u have to rember healers has almost no dmg capabilty, clerics and druids has much more we got our cc instead and thats a fair deal but it relly puts me of sometimes when ppl say u get that and that and that and dont relly get the fact that u dont, not at the same time)

A

acei

If u wanna be a PAC healer, say bye bye to spreadheals and good insta heals. Due to the spell lvl check a pac healer has to spec relly high to work.
But the point here is you do have your baseline heals and buffs, whereas when we spec rejuv/enh we have a single target DD which is extremely weak and we have a single target stun....

Healers have in the pac line:
Mezz, stun, amnesia, ae-amnesia, cure mezz (something that all healing classes should get), attack speed debuff, speed, power regen, AE-Mezz, AE-Stun, root, insta-mezz, insta-ae-mezz, insta-stun, insta-AE,stun....

Now compare this to our sorceror:
Mezz, AE-Mezz, Amnesia, AE-amnesia, speed, cure-mezz, AE-CON/STR debuff, Charm, power-regen, almost useless mezz reduction chant and self-buff.

Sorceror, our main mezz class has NO insta's and NO stun.

Cleric, our main healing class has a 9 second castable stun, healer has a 11 second castable stun.

It's as if they've combined 4 albion classes to make a healer, which means a completely overpowered crowd control class, that
either needs nerfing, or albion/hibernia's healing classes need major help in their agressive lines.

BTW you saying that healers doing CC is life-threatening to you is of course true, it's life threatening to our sorceror's too, but... sorceror's wear cloth, healers wear chain, yet another advantage in CC.

(u have to rember healers has almost no dmg capabilty, clerics and druids has much more we got our cc instead and thats a fair deal but it relly puts me of sometimes when ppl say u get that and that and that and dont relly get the fact that u dont, not at the same time)
Even if you couldn't heal or buff, your CC would still be too extreme. You could mezz a area then they use group purge, then you cast a AE-stun, then you individually root them. Healers have LOADS of backup plans, sorcerors/clerics don't have anywhere near as many defensive options, all clerics would gladly give up their current smite-spec line in favour of the pacification line.

G

Gewny

errors : there is no speed in pac line, its aug, a high pac healer does not get good speed.

Well u have take this inte proportion : yes we have stun, but the ae stun is low ae short duration and has a high fall off, ask most healers ae stun aint that usefull that u think, (it is rather usefull in some very specifik setups with some very skilled players)

And rember this : we have insta AE on 1500 range with 10 min recast.

A sorc has bolt range a QC, I dont know if u play a sorc but if u face a albs and there sorc aint totaly knackerd they have a good chance of coming out of this on the winning side.

remberer also : sorcs AE mezz are much better than the healers one, it has higher AE and duration. And I think u know that insta spells has a much higher chance to get totally resisted than casted spells.

and : sorcs also has an mezz reduction selfbuff (witch is above 50 % reduction, add that with the 15% chant +body resists 26% u come up with more than 90% mezz reduction)

So if u ask me NO i dont think sorcs are worse of than healers not relly, only they are diffrent need diffrent tactics and have other tools.

I say the bard is much worse of with little but chants and MACH 5 besids there one insta mezz.

EDIT : U have to remember that evrything the healer has (except for casted single target root) is on the same immunity timer 1min

X

Xaldrick

Re: Re: Re: I always read about nerf Midgard!

Hib got grp purge? and bars/druids whatever has purge and can cure mezz?!
and Spread heal is the roxxors.. just because u cant protect ur healers(with that I mean ur healing classes) so they can spread heal.

Question: How will you protect the bard if you just got insta aoe stunned and 1m mezzed while 1 second later 5 zerkers/savages rush to the bard? No, we cant purge and aoe stun shout like you
and after that everything is pretty much lost (no bard = no cc + no end regen = teh lose) and even if the mid healers/casters gets tanks on them they'll just sprint because they can sprint unlimmited.

I cant belive ppl are moaning about single chars dmg when mids have the opportunity to win all 1fg vs 1fg head on fights because of all their group advantages.

S

Silenzio

there is a little secret in game called 1 min imunity. Never heard of it ?

:)

the little secret is that 1min immu is screwed =)

but if is not ... u have

stun, stun ae, mez, mez ae, root...

hope u know that u can ... mez someone ...n if he got hitted or timer expried u can stun him... n after u can root him...

do u know?

n as far as i can read on some board us server csr report
that mid cc have a bug that make that spell nullify imunity timer...

one more thing... if u like ur spec... that meens is viable for soloing=ugly for group :)

rlly man u wont see the point...
u talk bout not nerf ecc other realm overpowere ecc...

11 sec stun... zerker that Deal 1200+dmg in 2 sec
mmm so?
the stun inst expried but enemy allready dead...

poor weak middy :p

yess healer r crap soloer YES i dont like =) wile shaman r way more fun n easy to solo... but the point isnt
how damage can deal a CC'er or healer class BUT HOW IS USEFULL in a group

lone healer =0 just 2000 way to eskape... wee to kill

groupe healer... hard to surivce

n btw =) only Wizzard have bolt ;P

an again reading other post show me u dont know alot about cc...

u can mez n than stun... both body... but diff spell

A

acei

A sorc has bolt range a QC, I dont know if u play a sorc but if u face a albs and there sorc aint totaly knackerd they have a good chance of coming out of this on the winning side.
Amnesia or a insta-mezz/stun immediately makes a sorc useless. I've capped my sorc in both BG0 and BG1 and they're amazingly good.... but by that time healers don't have their insta's so at the moment at my sorc's current level, i have the advantage, at level 50 insta's from healers will make me useless, i don't understand why sorceror's don't have any insta-defense, QC cannot be classed as a insta-type thing as it can be blocked with actual insta casts and by amnesia. Also i think at the minimum clerics should get some form of castable mezz, the cleric-TL requested this, and then Mythic came back with a ridiculously funny suggestion for nerfing our current CC, all cleric's did /rude at Mythic for even suggesting this.

If healer insta's are not as useful as you say, then i guess you wouldn't mind them being removed and being replaced with something from the smite line? :) Check out the cleric smite line, compare it with pacification, you'll see what i mean....

Sorry about the error with the caster speed, i was looking across all the spell lists and must have accidentally added it to my list.

G

Gewny

well if you read my posts actually I have droped some of the cc I am a mend healer.

And I wanna point out some things that relly anoy us mids :

ministrels
The fact that they stealth and can climb and shout 9sec stuns makes em relly good, if combined with infils (relly to good I think)

hib casters
the fact that hib is having close to half of there ppl equiped with stuns is relly a death spell sometimes, anyhow they also say it aint that good.

plz remeber that healers spells are only worth anything if they are combined with other, and relly therefore they should be good.

Example : Bof, wouldet be worth anything for the cleric if he was alone (relly would only prolong the pain) but when affecting the whole groupe it makes this RA overpowerd (even the clerics TL says so :))

And about the 1 min timer I dont know what u got ure fact from but in my experince u can sometimes get thru a single target after an AE but never an AE after an AE, but u would get suprised about the times when u get the text "Target cant have that effect yet" text.

And both of u forgot the fact that Instas has a very much lower "hit" rate than casted, very seldom does my isnta (remeber I am a mend healer I relly hope its better for PAC healers) get evryone inside the relly small ae area.

On a side note, wait and se what happens to the RA rewiev maybe mid could get a couple of good ras for once (consider that PR is by many considerd one of mids best ras and that one relly sucks comparded to BoF and Groupe Purge)

Edit : If we had a 3rd english server I would deffo lvl a sorc, I had one once but dropped when friends talked me over to hib.

Z

Zoldot

Re: Re: Re: Re: I always read about nerf Midgard!

Originally posted by Xaldrick

Question: How will you protect the bard if you just got insta aoe stunned and 1m mezzed while 1 second later 5 zerkers/savages rush to the bard? No, we cant purge and aoe stun shout like you
and after that everything is pretty much lost (no bard = no cc + no end regen = teh lose) and even if the mid healers/casters gets tanks on them they'll just sprint because they can sprint unlimmited. .

Druid has the spread heal. and you should have atleast 1 druid and 1 bard. you have mezz,stun,root also.. ur magicians has stun, bard got mezz and druid has root. and I doubt 5 zerkers/savages atacks same bard hah. I've not seen many grps with 5 zerks/savages in it. in fact I've seen none.
So you can root/mezz the tanks running after the healer that is under atack and if they purge your'e magicians can stun em.
The end regen gets nerfed next patch.
and your'e absolutely not doomed because of insta ae stun unless you dont know what purge is. if you all get mezzed the bard/druid whatever can singel purge and demezz or druid can grp purge and if you get stunned you can use ur own singel purge?! and that healer that does insta ae stun doesn't have anything else then cc except a sucky singel heal that can come to use.
Healer is the only class in mid that has castable stun. I dont care if you take away the healers stun and give it to shamans instead ^^

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by Silenzio
wished to make a good replay... but too sleepy

50 pac 20 mend
first instant... eccc bla bla bla

u dont need lot ov heal wile all ur enemy cant move =)

n btw
Battery of Life
Mastery of Healing
Wild Healing

with no ra n 20 mend su should be able to heal for 350hp
with ra ull go over it...

rlly if ur spec is crap dont moan bout other realm =) just get a respec stones...

cut the crap, will you
i have 22 + 18 mend, best single heal is ~260, group heal is 128
battery of life heals for ~1050 (150 per person, excluding you) once in 30 minutes, very nice add for 10 rsp (moc, purge, pr, mcl, aom2 = rr6l5, you can take bol only at rr7l5)

and
there are 0 healers on all the servers with 50 pac
you should a bit learn your enemy

O

old.Nol

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I always read about nerf Midgard!

Originally posted by parisienscot
Unless of course you're fighting hibs.

Insta mezz - Group Purged
AOE stun - with baod up I swear it didn't even stop them for half a second.

and what happend to the root?

Besides, it's very seldom that order(if it is you suck), it's more likely to be insta-stun, castable mezz - if group purge is down, refer to continuation, if group purge is up - purge. If druid's purge is down, single line purge, insta lull healers, cast mezz/insta-mezz depending on tank distance(pretty close because they're all sprinting for the guy with the BIG GLOWING BANJO, try to demezz your group. Hope to god no one interupts you while you try start end song, if one of those tanks has purge, you're fucked...

Let's compare that to your standard group setup with hibs getting the jump on you.

Insta-mezz mids - 5 high determination tanks blink then sprint over to you and one shot you, while one healer purges and demezzes the other 2 or the shammy...wow, your life is hard, I can see the tears, I am crying lakes of pity deep inside.

no really, I am...

O

old.anubis

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I always read about nerf Midgard!

Originally posted by old.Nol
Let's compare that to your standard group setup with hibs getting the jump on you.

Insta-mezz mids - 5 high determination tanks blink then sprint over to you and one shot you, while one healer purges and demezzes the other 2 or the shammy...wow, your life is hard, I can see the tears, I am crying lakes of pity deep inside.

no really, I am...

who said it doesnt work the other way around? ;)

O

old.Nol

Druid has the spread heal. and you should have atleast 1 druid and 1 bard. you have mezz,stun,root also.. ur magicians has stun, bard got mezz and druid has root.

Mages have a single target castable stun - it's like using a handbag in a gun fight compared to aoe insta-stun.

and I doubt 5 zerkers/savages atacks same bard hah. I've not seen many grps with 5 zerks/savages in it. in fact I've seen none.

4 tanking clases plus a decent skald. Only need that many to one shot practically every support class in Hibernia

So you can root/mezz the tanks running after the healer that is under atack and if they purge your'e magicians can stun em.

If they are running after the druid, how will a bard mezz stop them, you are presuming that they have not yet been mezzed? Pretty lax bard IMO. Yes the druid could probably root if they're all chasing the bard, and hope that none resist. Besides the fatc that there are at least 2 zerkers that now can pull off back styles on the party running away.

The end regen gets nerfed next patch.
and your'e absolutely not doomed because of insta ae stun unless you dont know what purge is. if you all get mezzed the bard/druid whatever can singel purge and demezz or druid can grp purge and if you get stunned you can use ur own singel purge?!

reserved for special occasions ...yes yes

and that healer that does insta ae stun doesn't have anything else then cc except a sucky singel heal that can come to use.
Healer is the only class in mid that has castable stun. I dont care if you take away the healers stun and give it to shamans instead ^^

and I don't mind if the take aoe insta stun out of the game...all insta CC should be removed for that matter...

O

old.anubis

all insta CC should be removed for that matter...

sure
and sorcs with qc and bards with instalull will dominate all ;)

O

old.Nol

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I always read about nerf Midgard!

Originally posted by old.anubis
who said it doesnt work the other way around? ;)

How would it happen the other way around?

O

old.anubis

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I always read about nerf Midgard!

How would it happen the other way around?

like immediately after insta ae stun during cast of the mezz chanter presses purge+baod

O

old.Nol

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I always read about nerf Midgard!

sure
and sorcs with qc will dominate all ;)

FYI sorc's do not need quickcast, with sc template and good RA's plus dex cap Sorc's cast mezz at 1.6 ish seconds, which is faster the quickcast(2 seconds) if the sorc QC's it, it will take longer then a normal cast.

How about, you get mezzed, then you can single purge and heal mezz, like twatty(zoldot) expects hibs and albs to do against mids? 2-3 healers in group should make it easy enough...</sarcasm>

It's a lot better then having to start a drum pulse to play endurance, as well demezzing and be expected to mezz at the same time too...

O

old.Nol

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I always read about nerf Midgard!

like immediately after insta ae stun during cast of the mezz chanter presses purge+baod

and then what happens?

O

old.Nol

It's at this point I am wondering what the 4 mid tanks are doing?

Users who are viewing this thread