Hybrid human-animals - not science fiction!

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
why? because they can, and if someone can do something then most of the time they will.
of course we think we are better. humans think they are better than other humans because thats the way we are.

sorry guys but i find it hard to accept your ethics stuff, ofc though i respect it.

also, people keep mentioning about playing god. if we didnt think of god then god wouldnt exist, the only reason god exists is because everyone has an idea in their head. what im saying is (these are my beliefs anyway) we created god.
everything we know of is just created by eletrical impulses in our brain. if you could not see something and you couldnt touch it then as far as your concernd it doesnt exist, unless someone tells you it does. im no good at explaining it philosophicaly really and everything im saying is obvious but it did make me think when i read about it.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
tris- said:
also, people keep mentioning about playing god. if we didnt think of god then god wouldnt exist, the only reason god exists is because everyone has an idea in their head. what im saying is (these are my beliefs anyway) we created god.

god and gods / goddesses were created to explain things that people could not explain. for example, why the sun rose in the morning and set in the evening.
even if there was a god, why would it choose to look down on our planet in the millions of billions of possible planets in the entire universe? because the 'miracle' of life occured here? who is to say that there is not one other planet in the universe where the mircale of life has occured. and if there is, why would they want to come to our planet and make crop circles in our fields?

back on topic, (er.. ish) there is an 'evolutionary view' in robotics that to better understand 'the mind', we have to start from 'simple' creatures such as insects and fish, then move onto reptiles and mammals in what we build robots to resemble, because we know that fish/reptiles have smaller brains using primitive parts in ours.
just found that a bit funny.

i know im spouting bollocks, but i've been awake for a long time and the caffiene wont let me sleep.

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
I know that feeling, sleep is a real help when your waxing philosophical. (although it still doesn't help with spelling :D).

Right, the point I was trying to make last night. We try to creat things in our image because if we liken things to us, we can understand them or accept them easier. Or at least, thats how the theory goes, In practice, it's rarely that simple. A robot does not have to look human to have human traits in it's "mind". If it was shaped like a vending machine, it could still have a human personality (Take "Red Dwarf" for example, plenty of machines there.).

Talky toaster may have been annoying, but he had a personallity to deal with.

And now we have the manimals issue. I suppose the main thing to ask is "Why bother?" i mean, can you think of any good reason to try? The argument about "aking medicines better suited for humans." is a bit weak, because there NOT HUMAN! A drug that will work well for them, will work well for them only, so that argument is out of the window. If your to make drugs for humans, then use human tissue for study. Genetic study for changing human DNA? Animals are just as fragile as us in the end, shorter lives for the most part, and suitable for only one type of enviroment, where as the human body is easily adapteable for it's enviroment. Study of the genetic pattern? Ok, got me there, it would be interesting to know, but it also opens up another problem. If we know, how long before someone abuses it? Genetic based weapons for a selective kill? Or a bio-plague that wipes out the planet. Sound like a good idea?

And then we come to the last real issue to deal with, can we justify forcing another species evolution just to satisfy out curiousity? Will we accept the responcibility of creating a new lifeform, it's education, needs and it's requirements? Is there enough room on this planet for more than one humanoid species? Again, it's all down to, what "they " will want if we do it.

tris-

haarewin said:
god and gods / goddesses were created to explain things that people could not explain. for example, why the sun rose in the morning and set in the evening.

like i said we created god. and i have no dispute about life existing elsewhere. scientists say you must have oxygen and water to make life. why? just because we need it, it doesnt mean another life form can only be created from it.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
tris- said:
like i said we created god. and i have no dispute about life existing elsewhere. scientists say you must have oxygen and water to make life. why? just because we need it, it doesnt mean another life form can only be created from it.

oxygen and water is needed for carbon based life forms but fuck all else.

tris-

there u go then. why do all lifeforms have to be created from carbon?

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Because hollywood have the rights on silicone based lifeforms. And they have better lawyers than god. :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
just a thought here but you now that big bird flu crisis in asia? well if we cross bread animals and humans would that not be making it basically an open road for even more dieseses? i mean talk about silly, scientists are already crapping their little white coats about a global pandemic of this bird flu so if we create a link even closer between humans and animals then ummm well you see where im going with this.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:
just a thought here but you now that big bird flu crisis in asia? well if we cross bread animals and humans would that not be making it basically an open road for even more dieseses? i mean talk about silly, scientists are already crapping their little white coats about a global pandemic of this bird flu so if we create a link even closer between humans and animals then ummm well you see where im going with this.

anything that kills a buttload of people is great for planet earth.
people are what is killing the planet, not animals.

tris-

yep your right ez and well done to mother nature if she rips that can of worms into our faces. this is all just natural progression which will ultimatley lead to the cleansing of the earth, we all die and voila something will live and re-evolve.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
haarewin said:
anything that kills a buttload of people is great for planet earth.
people are what is killing the planet, not animals.

haar........... buttload? butt load? rofl going to use that as much as possible

"hello burgerking what would you like?"

"double cheeseburger with a buttload of extra pickles and btw i hope that the burger is pure beef not mouse-cow or any such shit"

"nope just beef mam, and possibly some rat but thats accedental, not hybridised"

"sweet"

"window 2 please"
:m00: <(squeek)

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:
"double cheeseburger with a buttload of extra pickles and btw i hope that the burger is pure beef not mouse-cow or any such shit"

lmao. mouse-cow xD.

tris-

it also must be coverd in make up, been injected with a pro-type man made flu and have it legs replaced with wood.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:
"nope just beef mam, and possibly some rat but thats accedental, not hybridised"

who cares! chocolate contains cockroach proteine and no one whines about that either!

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Garnet said:
Our next evolution will be robots. We create AI and they kill us all eventually!

.... Ive seen too much Terminator ;)

Are you John Connor? ;)

Gamah

Banned
I wish I was combined with a tiger so I could become the ultimate chav killing machine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom