Phones HTC One or S Galaxy S4

Take your pick, no refunds!

• Total voters

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I made a whole bunch of posts by snappy people go away, Also Trem totally did the right thing. If you want to dispute this drop me a love note and I'll see if I answer some time this year.

Meh, nothing wrong with posts on the wrong section, and nothing useful about deleting legitimate posts disputing the move. Pointless modding.

Nate

FH is my second home
You are taking a new phone to a repair shop??? No, get it replaced by whomever you purchased it from, it's faulty.

It's second hand I got it from a seller on amazon

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Have you got proof of purchase? It's a new handset in release terms, less than 3 months. Phone HTC and blag it.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I've found something I don't like at last, or two things actually.

The stock keyboard reverts to being the default keyboard upon resetting. Also I can't use it as a mass storage device any more, damn you Android 4.0.stfu.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You should be able to use it as storage... What happens when you try?

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I don't get the option to. On the drop down menu I get the "USB connected. Tap to change settings" button, click that and simply get taken to the 'Portable hotspot & tethering' menu.

I done a little bit of reading earlier and apparently it's not possible on the newer versions of Android. Feel free to correct me mind.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
It does, but as 'HTC One Portable Media Player'. Tried sticking a video file onto it to play on the gf's Xbox, the console didn't recognise it as having anything plugged in.

I'm sure I could use it for moving files from PC to PC like.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ahhh, not tried on a console for a while. I always just share over dnla now. Easiest way.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Never heard of it, and Google isn't throwing up much info either. So like, what is it? :p

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Try turning on USB Debugging in Developer Options, seems to solve most USB issues in my experience.

Just got 4.2.2 for my Z, and I must admit it does seem rather nice. Not necessarily the Google enhancements (lock screen widgets - woo. Swype keyboard and Panoramic shots were already in there), but what Sony have added on top, like White Balance settings and improvements to the display and camera. Should tide me over nicely until the Xperia I1 or whatever it's called is released later in the year.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Removing double post as Forum Runner is a bit gay.

Nate

FH is my second home
I kept loosing signal for wifi on my htc one x, youtubed and found that putting pressure between the camera and volume buttons would make it get more. Put a 5p on the back cover in that spot, problem solved.

:D

I wonder if this will fix my gps going fucking nuts problem :eek:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hntkc6Eyjs

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
bahahaha.png

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Is it possible to get rid of this shite on my lock screen? I don't want it!

1006340_10201967947019809_1549847046_n.jpg

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Billargh said:
Is it possible to get rid of this shite on my lock screen? I don't want it!

Yes

Under settings you can adjust whats on the lock screen

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Obviously I've tried that, but there doesn't seem to be any way to remove it, all I can do is add more widgets.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Under general phone settings?

Thats odd mine has an option to untick clock and a an option to turn off weather etc...

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I can get rid of it from my home screens etc, but not the lock screen. Maybe I'm looking in completely the wrong place, but Settings -> Personalize -> either Lock screen style or Customize home scren, neither have an option to untick or remove that bastard clock/weather widget.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
When on the home screen., I go into settings then scroll down to "lock screen" and change the settings there.

I may be on a different android version....

Can you long press on it and drop it in the trash can?

You can turn off widgets completely as well I think if you get the lock screen policy app from Google.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Maybe, I'm running 4.2.2 at the minute.

Like I said before, from settings to personalize to lock screen, there's 6 lock screens to pick from. In the settings on all of them, there isn't an option to get rid of it.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Does a bit, mainly just telling me which apps I need to download to be able to customize is more. Was hoping to do it without having to use any kind of software, but seems HTC doesn't want me to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom