how to kill pbaoe? (on the field)

C

Cavex ElSaviour

First of all this is not a flame!!

I really have no idea how to handle a hibbie that uses pbaoe. If i'm not on the dude before he starts casting it means certain death for me as an armsman. There is no way to reach him without dieing. If im already on the little fellow the guy usually dies before im dead. (got the luxury of a fast polearm so he goes down in 3 hits, 1 to pop bt and 2 to kill the little fecker).

I can think of 3 (not so pleasant) options to cope with them.

1. Don't bother, let a caster handle him
2. Pull out x-bow and start shooting for 10 mins (and pray no one else pays attention to you)
3. keep running in and hope you will resist enough to survive and try to slay the dood.

If anyone got a better option please enlighten me.

O

old.mattshanes

Now i NEVER hit casters near each other who all moc,you will die very quickly this is what albs do wrong.When sos up run in and out hitting their casters or their druid til he or she dies it always works because they can't cc you:D or bard aswell both targets are vital as each other.It's not hard to beat at all just takes a bit of common sense really but if they get mez on you can come in spam moc run out asap.

Also since you are an armsman go for determination 3/4 asap+purge.

C

Cybwyn

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Now i NEVER hit casters near each other who all moc,you will die very quickly this is what albs do wrong.

But it's a great Albion tradition to /stick MoC casters. :(

Let other casters deal with them or if you're really really desperate, ask an archer to shoot them. :D

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by Cybwyn
But it's a great Albion tradition to /stick MoC casters. :(

Let other casters deal with them or if you're really really desperate, ask an archer to shoot them. :D

Also is a great alb tradition running straight at groups lol.... if they split before them it's A LOT easier to beat the hib pbaoe groups.

More split apart=less pbaoe damage when cc'ed.

N

Nonnier

my experiences with pbaoe may not be any use of you at all (seeing as i play a boney, which for some strange reason minces pbaoe hibs), but the best way to take out a enchanter when he starts casting imo is too let casters deal with him/her.

As a alb the best choice for this is a thurg, as his/her pets can interrupt him (correct me if i'm wrong) or a sorcerer, and pray that he/she is one of the rare hibs without purge, or perhaps even a wizard (even though u rarly see em)

F

fyric

it's kinda simple really, trick is to assist, whenever the chanter/spiritmasters, starts pbaeing, all tanks start hitting on him, caster should die before getting 1st spell off.

trick is to use /assist when running towards em, and fgs, don't leave apk without a sorc, u need him for enemy caster groups ;)

R

.Raewyn

If you see someone blasting of pbaoe even when getting hit he has moc on so dont even bother to go to melee range since you will end up very dead. Just let one of the casters deal with it. If they do not have moc on and if you happen to be a paladin or a friar use your taunt shout on him and then run in and kick his ass. The taunt shout will interrupt his casting so that you will have time to run in to melee without getting hit by him. Otherwise if you are an armsman or merc for example you will just have to run in and get hit a bit. The best tactic overall is to avoid all pbaoers since they all usually have moc and they usually work in groups so even if you interrupt one you still have one of them blasting at you.

P

[PS]Riddler

I know i aint an armsman but i thought id give my 2cp, When i see a chanter hit taunt shout, if they moc stick on haste buff and before they get off 2 spells they are dead, that usually leaves me with ~30% hps, at which point you hit FA2 or cleric heals you and you go onto the next hib :)

T

thegreatest

Originally posted by Cavex ElSaviour

2. Pull out x-bow and start shooting for 10 mins (and pray no one else pays attention to you)

Thats no option cause they will just send their nuking/snaring pet on you, debuff your heat 50% and start nuking you with their baseline dd (that will hurt when you get 50% heat debuffed)

Xbow has a very sucky range, it's only usefull for pve when pulling for all other things it sux :(

B

Balbor

easy, cleric cast stun, pbaoe caster dead before same cleric can get one smite off.

C

Cathul

Originally posted by old.willowywicca
why not try slam :rolleyes:

While you try slam on the first caster the other 2 PBAE casters will nuke you to death. That's the problem with 2/3-pbae-caster groups. If they start nuking at almost the same time you can't really stop them from doing this if you're sticked to one of the casters. One or two of them will continue casting.

That's the reason why really good pbae-groups often have at least 2 pbae casters, if not 3 of them, but you as a hib-player (regarding you signature) should already know this. :p

/Cathul

O

old.TeaSpoon

Re: Re: how to kill pbaoe? (on the field)

Originally posted by thegreatest
Thats no option cause they will just send their nuking/snaring pet on you, debuff your heat 50% and start nuking you with their baseline dd (that will hurt when you get 50% heat debuffed)

Xbow has a very sucky range, it's only usefull for pve when pulling for all other things it sux :(

With a bit of luck, I can hide at the back of a group of Albs and xbow the casters. Good use of my 30 xbow spec :D

O

old.willowywicca

Originally posted by Cathul
While you try slam on the first caster the other 2 PBAE casters will nuke you to death. That's the problem with 2/3-pbae-caster groups. If they start nuking at almost the same time you can't really stop them from doing this if you're sticked to one of the casters. One or two of them will continue casting.

That's the reason why really good pbae-groups often have at least 2 pbae casters, if not 3 of them, but you as a hib-player (regarding you signature) should already know this. :p

/Cathul

the situation of which he is asking is when there is merely 1 pbaoer :p

anyway, the best way to kill pbaoe is GET SOME DECENT RESISTS! capped SC energy + aom2 + some form of resist buffs.. a pbaoe won't do much over 300 dmg to you at most. (note I said some form of resist buff, hib ones tend to be the 24% variety and mid pbaoe with pow relics does like 200-250 normally).

Keep moving, do not just stand their hitting the paboer. hit them, run away, when you're ready to swing again run back and hit them, run away again.. the drop off in dmg if you're not on top of the pbaoer is large, take advatage of that!!

personnally I find mid pbaoe (not gonna mention alb since never seen that done properly yet) is only hard if there's 3 of em, 2 of them (assuming you're not AE stunned too) shouldn't pose that large a threat, of course, if you're the only non-afk member of your group then you're pretty screwed :p

of course the best tactic vs pbaoe groups is to have your sorc spam ae amnesia on the battlefield

V

vindicat0r

lol it's not hard really. Even as a silly Tincan my self I know this and from a MoC chanter I know it 2 :D

Sorc cast's amenisa on MoC'd casters. u all /point /laugh /pwn

or if sorc is busy. run in swing ........ run out < takin 0 or minimal dmg , depends how good u are at timin ;)> run in slam ... run out ..... rinse repeat until 15 secs are up then ther dog meat.

Sorc option best.

A minstrel /assisting u with insta stun shud help 2 :D

C

Col|

anyway, the best way to kill pbaoe is GET SOME DECENT RESISTS!

Exactly, when doing SC template, make sure you cap or get as near to cap on your resists as possible.

if you're the only non-afk member of your group then you're pretty screwed :p

Now aint that the truth. :p

S

Shike

only problem for sorc is when he wanna chain amnesia he will go oop in seconds. Huge manasink is what aoeamnesia is :/

T

thegreatest

Originally posted by Shike
only problem for sorc is when he wanna chain amnesia he will go oop in seconds. Huge manasink is what aoeamnesia is :/

Yup I can cast it like 10x~ish with mana regen 3, I will be oop after 10x :(

C

cHodAX

This is why god invented Theurgist pets, pet the druid and get another caster to AE DD/DoT the chanters. Only works if you have tanks that do their jobs and protect the casters instead of running into the flashing white lights of PBAE, like a moth to a flame :)

C

Cavex ElSaviour

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
This is why god invented Theurgist pets, pet the druid and get another caster to AE DD/DoT the chanters. Only works if you have tanks that do their jobs and protect the casters instead of running into the flashing white lights of PBAE, like a moth to a flame :)

And ppl always tell you to go to the light :p

Anyways thnx for the replies, think i got some usefull tips here :)

S

speshneeds

scouts > chanters @ range... only problem is that if i am in a random pick up grp and get that ferking nuking pet on me and ask the grp to sort pet so i can continue with casters i usually get no response or a 'fuk the pet, kill the hibs' etc.

Pet nuking me = i cant kill casters

peoples should learn now as given archer love next patch scouts gonna be very good against casters, BT breaking shots, rapid fire meaning 1.5s arrows... etc etc

moral there is dont do pick up grps i guess ;)

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by Shike

spam AE root

Z

zapzap

1 tank with EM 2 + resistbuff chanters gonna be oom before he dies with just a bit of healing.

Zapsi

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by zapzap
1 tank with EM 2 + resistbuff chanters gonna be oom before he dies with just a bit of healing.

Zapsi

Might respec to empty mind 3.

Why?

Because BOF+Empty mind 3+Aom 2/3+friar resists+clerics resists=pbaoe for 100 damage if even that.:clap:

K

kirennia

slam them and kite them as much as possible. If you have even a semi-decent cleric in your group, they will try and stun the chanter for you

always ALWAYS break off and split up a tad on sight of enemy, otherwise you are screwed before you even start

T

The Real Redi

On another note, similar to this, noticed after many, many waves of Alb's chucking themselves at Renaris in the past - When the first door is breeched, and the rams are up on the second, the usual tactic i see from both Hibs and Mids is to stick a couple of AoE casters in the gate house (Shammie's AoEDoT is so sick) and spam away at those below.

Now, this causes two reactions from them being blasted over and over, sadly it is always split half and half. Heres a tip - next time theres 30 people on the second gate and a ram or two up, and you start seeing those pretty hammers, or whatever, check how much damage you're actually taking.

AoE spells are limited to spreading the damage over everyone in its radius of affect, therefore the more people in that area, the less the damage dealt to each. This is where the tactics are split, as more often than not, at least half of that group see the effects and turn and run out of the gates. STAY THERE!!! If you split, all it means is certain death for the brave souls who stay on the offensive, if you stay, the clerics and paladins healchant may well keep you standing - see, Teh Zerg (tm) isn't always a bad thing in the right situation. ;)

Same happens at the lords room as well. When hibs fall back defending, so often's the time when the albs head up there single file, maybe 3 or 4 at a time, and get decimated. Hold a second, co-ordinate the attack and ALL move in - see how little damage you took from those AoE's after the lord falls, when 40 of you charge in at once...

L

Lynxian

Don´t run in to them

let them run in to you. Or else mez them, let your sorcerer do his work. If they mez you, make sure that at least one of you purge.

The problem with pbaoe is that albs make it too darn easy for them.

O

old.willowywicca

Originally posted by The Real Redi

AoE spells are limited to spreading the damage over everyone in its radius of affect, therefore the more people in that area, the less the damage dealt to each. This is where the tactics are split, as more often than not, at least half of that group see the effects and turn and run out of the gates. STAY THERE!!! If you split, all it means is certain death for the brave souls who stay on the offensive, if you stay, the clerics and paladins healchant may well keep you standing - see, Teh Zerg (tm) isn't always a bad thing in the right situation. ;)

omg your understanding is sooooo wrong it's scary :eek6:

AE spells do NOT care how many people they hit. Their damage is affected by how far each person is from the centre of the ae. so if you're just barely on the edge of the radius of the spell you get hit for like 10 dmg. THIS IS NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE A ZERG WITH YOU, it is because you are farther away from the centre.

Users who are viewing this thread