How to kill Xanxiar?

O

old.Gryllus

How to kill Xanxicar?

Well after the housing I have been a dragonhead addict, and after finding a video with a nice Xanxicar trophy, I decided to get it.

So if you know how to do it, please write down or link in the Xanxicar tactics. How many FG-s are needed, how is he fighting , etc.

edit: dragon name spelled correctly

F

Fightersuntzu

Uhm, i can semi-prepare you though you may not want to listen to me completely :p

Xanxicar has several sentries inside of his lair as well as himself; he will throw people into the air and they will take 99% damage when they land, no matter safefall levels afaik; he also PBAE's an energy DD and ~5min after he dies, lightning fills the caves and will kill everyone inside.

Fun, huh ? :)

O

old.GeForce

sounds like fair odds,

is it soloable? :p

K

kreig

I remember when LoE + SoTL attempted the dragon, the sentries getting to the dragon where tough enough and took long enough to kill. From what i can remember of that night i think LoE had about 6 - 7 fgs and SoTL 3 - 4. When we got to the Dragon his add's alone where killing us all (he has 3 lvl 75 Sentry half dragon/drak things with him) and also had some nasty attacks himself.

W

wildsorcerer

went on a unity raid there and was over 100ppl we wiped on the adds ...

if u gonna do it have say 60 ppl on dragon and 2-3fg's all assisting one MA to take down all addd sas soon as they pop

i think we got him to about 50 %

X

Xeanor

needs about 200 people, was done on excal some time ago

O

old.Bubble

Hes possible with 2FG's (Those crazy germans!)

With 1FG on him and 1FG on adds you can take him down, moving or jumping while Airborn will result in no fall damage.

C

cHodAX

Time to bug Delket and Yussef till they run one :)

T

the_smurflord

Ahh yes I remember the LOE/SotL trip down there very well. A total of 12 lvl 75 elite guards, who are reavers running the full range of damage and debuff auras, which a very high respawn. Took us 2 hours to get down that relatively short passage to the main room.
There were a further 4 guards in the room with the dragon, and I hear he summons more when he's low on health.
I suggest serious numbers when trying this.

O

old.mattshanes

If some tanks can volunteer to engage adds you should be able to do him fairly easily with 5fgs or so i reckon.

O

old.windforce

when?

i wanna have double dragon head ^^

C

chretien

The Unity raid took him down to about 25% health. When he hit 30% all his sentries repopped and handed us our arses. We suddenly had 5-6 level 75 mobs rampaging through our raid, healing each other and generally being nails.

O

old.Gryllus

wow guys thanks for the info, I am going to make a plan.

I think a golestand slayer squad (the usual 3fg), plus 2fg for the adds with engaging shield tanks for the adds will do the job.

By the way, apart from his heads (remains) , does he drop anything worthwhile?

O

old.Bubble

not sure whcih patch it is but he gets a mega boost(Drops a few 100%'s)

C

Caedo

Mighht be an idea to have a couple of focus groups down there to take the heat when adds pop.

Whatever you do its going to be hard :] .. .. .... .. ... . . . .. . .

Y

Yussef

New drops are next patch, he has static loot at present but ROG's make up most of his loot drops. His adds have been nerfed recently too IIRC.

H

Huntingtons

he drops nice friar robe afaik :) it is teh trophy :p

X

Xeanor

the remains are the only good drop of this mob for now :eek:

N

Naveh

Stlong pets inside Crystal Cave, lvl78 Sentry's :eek:

T

Teren

really strange, we killed 2 sentry at once while i was xping, in hroup of 6 :p
me (49 cleric then) + 50 pala + 50 merc + 3 leechers (43 friar, 41 BB, 40 pala)

:rolleyes:

here are our screenies

sshot139.jpg

sshot141.jpg

sshot142.jpg

sshot143.jpg

read 'em and weep :p

C

cHodAX

Aye, the Elites used to be pure evil. Took 70 people 10+ mins to chop one down.

T

Teren

yea, hes lvl'ing some char, cant' remember name/class/guild :(

T

Twaize

K Anyways if anyone organize a Xanxiar raid im up for it!

Users who are viewing this thread