How to Even the stealth Wars

Bunnytwo

Fledgling Freddie
Sobek said:
Play the game like its involved, having a buffbot is an advantage you need to have as stealther.

You bitch about everything involving Stealthwar, yet you play Gandhi..

Hence your "Brain cell" comment, Bunnytwo isnt exactly the brigthest name around.

Get a grip :rolleyes:

Well if you were as bright as all that then you would be able to figure out that stealthers running in ever larger numbers is just as part of the game as buffbots :touch: .

Didn't realise you had the monopoly on bitching....

I assume Sobek is a name that shows your amazing intellect?

Get a life :rolleyes:

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
Only just read this thread, bigchief i didnt realise you had such hatred towards me, well let me explain 1 thing, i play this game for fun with a group of dedicated friends and im not about to say goodbye to my ingame friends to please the likes of you who prefer the solo route.
Explain to me why i should run solo, when i have friends i enjoy hunting with, each to there own my friend, we each get something different from this game, your perspective on this game isnt everyones im afraid.
Imagine this-- Aim sits next to me in same room/ Lan Partner --- I better take on board what people say, and ignore my m8 who sits next to me and run solo, and claudio who we have been hunting with as long as i can remember, ignore him too, sorry aint gonna happen -- friends more important that pleasing people on this board!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
jesus guys what the hell's wrong with you people zerg, people run solo or in small groups it is up to THEM how they play and i cant see that it is hurting you, just that you thought you'd take offence and start slagging people off and flaming them for enjoying a game???? tbh i dont see anything wrong with a stealth group, you may aswell get all uppitty and have a go at the fotm tank groups that go running about cos they wipe out everything in sight more than the stealthers, and as for having a pop at some one because of their char name i mean c'mon if you cant think of a good solid arguement then stfu basically you only make yourself look bad. some guy running about with his friends having fun or just roaming about behind a zerg then it is up to them, rather they play the game and have fun than sit about whinging i'd say that they are the better players.
Im Kent Brockman with Eye On SpringField and that was MY 2 cents!!!

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Luona said:
yadadadad have 47stealth atm :)

even i land pa on sbs and some infils ^^

tbh stealth war are even as it is just dont know why not more sbs use bs2 :p like old school sbs death azal etc they used all utilites that sbs had and not to forget zapsis and avonleah :)

and saying that realm zerg this realm zerg only lame thing in game is stealthers moaning about zerg day out and day in. make another char if you not happy with it. And for all sbs out there i have 50+7 blades atm missing +11 from gear have 10% heat and i think ive beaten most of you 1 vs 1 not to brag but comeon something wrong with yer game play it must be :p perhaps im just lucky as hell i dunno big up cylian anyway for great fights since rr5

so a NS in "ragtag" gear is balanced against a SB in a pretty much capped-all-ToA gear.
Considering that with your 10% Heat resits, a SB should be at a damage advantage when using Heat Weapons, it's just about even.
Or in numbers, a SB should have a 5% damage advantage just due to your resists, while you get a 16% damage penality against a SB with capped Slash resists.

And for BS2, usually it's just about 280damage on a NS/Infil and only a 2-3sec stun. Not worth it, Comeback -> Frosty Gaze is a better chance to win a fight.

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
The problem the way i see it, is that we are affecting there precious rp's, tbh rp's mean jack to me, like i said i play for fun.
As for stooping as low as saying all archers are zerging W****** , thats just slinging insults at the whole community, and im sure you have gained much respect from the archer community with that remark.
What suprises me more is that all this comes from a fellow alb, so the only thing i believe it boils down to is we are affecting your rp's.

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
big c I ain't talking bollocks, you're just so blinkered in your own infil world you aren't aware of what is really happening.

Ara hit me for 375 main hand and approx 150 offhand in a couple of rounds. The other rounds the main hand was more like 280ish, but averaged about 500 per round. Remove hps from enervating and you'll realise you don't need 500 per round anyway to kill in 4 hits.

Thrust hits for less it's true, so just because you aren't seeing that kind of damage doesn't mean it isn't happening. Oh you'd still out damage me in a straight fight by quite a margin by the way. (assuming no heat/energy debuffs etc)

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Tip said:
The problem the way i see it, is that we are affecting there precious rp's, tbh rp's mean jack to me, like i said i play for fun.
As for stooping as low as saying all archers are zerging W****** , thats just slinging insults at the whole community, and im sure you have gained much respect from the archer community with that remark.
What suprises me more is that all this comes from a fellow alb, so the only thing i believe it boils down to is we are affecting your rp's.
You and a few others is not 'all' archers. If you play for 'fun' and not for the rps then why does one of you add on every single fight, regardless of whos winning? Getting a hit in on a sb thats on 5% and taking the spam + 100rps is 'fun'? Or just gaining rps? Stop talking bollocks. I have no problem with scouts in general, I ave a problem with leeching twats that add on every single fight within sprint + bow range which sums you and your friends up rather nicely.

Whether you are in my realm or not I'm still allowed to have the opinion that I think you are a zerging leeching twat. I have the same opinion of some mids and hibs .. such is life. Couldn't give a flying fuck what you think of me tbh, just stop adding on everything that moves.

inqy said:
Thrust hits for less it's true, so just because you aren't seeing that kind of damage doesn't mean it isn't happening. Oh you'd still out damage me in a straight fight by quite a margin by the way. (assuming no heat/energy debuffs etc)
Actually thrust should hit for more :rolleyes: Using a heat as opposed to an arti = 5% extra on the resists front, then less effect of enervating. Which is why I said you should try using it :p If I dont debuff a SB i get hit fking hard .. learnt that the hard way.

Bunnytwo

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:
The fact is most scouts are shit zerging wankers .. the same goes for most hunters rangers infils sb's and ns's.

Think thats what Tip was referring to.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
If you insist on being pedantic

most

1. The greatest part or number

all

1.Being or representing the entire or total number, amount, or quantity:

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
lol its official you do talk bollocks:)

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Bunnytwo said:
As opposed to hitting the infil <win> button? :touch:

They're playing to the strengths of the class. Funnily enough most people don't just play their archers to provide assassins with RPs.

For most of DAOC archers have had to take it up the bum from assassins, would be funny if it weren't so sad that when have something that gives a bit of payback some people scream like a bitch :puke:

this is pure bullshit.

i play my arhcer (scout) in a solo or duo, nothing more unless its with realy good friends. i dont own a BB, but oftehn get to leech buffs from my good friends that does own a BB.

saying that the archers strengt is to stand on a MG in numbers is simply stupid, i would never camp an MG becouse i know that i would be free RPs for any assasin walking by . i agree that the archer class lacks the skills to stand up to an assasin of the same RR and when they both are un-sced or SCed/ToAed, but that does not mean that we need to run in numbers, there are other classes to kill than assasins, and we can kill assasins if we play well.. all this means is that we need to play well and think. there are few "skilled" scouts oute there. look at Aoln, he runs solo most of the time (i think) , and he does well.

PS: no, i havent read the whole thread... i couldnt be arse to read trough page after page of whine.

Sinnica

Fledgling Freddie
Tip said:
Only just read this thread, bigchief i didnt realise you had such hatred towards me, well let me explain 1 thing, i play this game for fun with a group of dedicated friends and im not about to say goodbye to my ingame friends to please the likes of you who prefer the solo route.
Explain to me why i should run solo, when i have friends i enjoy hunting with, each to there own my friend, we each get something different from this game, your perspective on this game isnt everyones im afraid.
Imagine this-- Aim sits next to me in same room/ Lan Partner --- I better take on board what people say, and ignore my m8 who sits next to me and run solo, and claudio who we have been hunting with as long as i can remember, ignore him too, sorry aint gonna happen -- friends more important that pleasing people on this board!

Amen to that :drink:

Bunnytwo

Fledgling Freddie
Amuse said:
saying that the archers strengt is to stand on a MG in numbers is simply stupid, i would never camp an MG becouse i know that i would be free RPs for any assasin walking by .

PS: no, i havent read the whole thread... i couldnt be arse to read trough page after page of whine.

Well if you had have read some more of the posts you would have seen that a lot of the whine was directed at Tip and a few of his m8 for camping a MG and for doing it rather effectively from the sounds of it, including dealing with assassins.

So wasn't exactly pure bullshit then was it?

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
why do people bother trying to suggest to goa to even stealth wars??? i cant remember a time when they was equal even pre la nerf it wasnt equal to the extent people want.

i very much doubt mythic will make any new fixes to meet what everyone wants because one persons fix is anothers needs nerfing :) so lets stop moaning about it and play the game people pay to even tho it aint balanced.

byeeeeeeeeeeee

p.s. dwera smells..dont praise him :(

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe, so the discussion about the stealth-war-inbalance is still going strong on Prydwen...

But lets talk about the good stuff about beeing sb;

Most time you dont have to camp the road between amg/atk with 10 000 other sbs as it used to be pre 1.62.

Nobody can say; You worthless punkassmotherfucker... the only reason you killed me was due tp the simple fact that your class = overpowered.

More Hit Points.

Weaponskill = 1 stat, overcap strength and raise your weaponskill above those retarded thrusting/piercing saracen/elfs...and in NF with 5 min Purge, you will never have to fight debuffed again...^^

The option to perf with a two-hander, and yes I know it sucks most of the times...but I have a sword with 5.8 in speed and its nice against low rr mages.

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
bigchief said:
Actually thrust should hit for more :rolleyes: Using a heat as opposed to an arti = 5% extra on the resists front, then less effect of enervating. Which is why I said you should try using it :p If I dont debuff a SB i get hit fking hard .. learnt that the hard way.
Thrust hits harder than slash you say? You have me confused here.

Anyway I am using one now you numpty (cost 8p :/ ). BUT that does me fat good when I get 4 hit by ara :) Well in fairness the only infil I got to meet that night was ara. Others I knew were about I could tell they were on /stick to someone else etc, so avoided.

I'm awaiting a nice 1v1 fight with an infil since I've swapped my weaps about. Could be interesting....

Lyrre

Fledgling Freddie
2-Handers sux to PA with, only time to use em are on afk-people or at climbspots where you do not have time for creeping death :)

The bonus for wielding a 2handed weapon is 10% + 0.5% for every specpoint in your weaponspec in ALL three realms, there is no difference in 2handed bonus.

Formula is (basedamage)*(1.1+0.005*speclevel) So a shadowblade with 50 in sword would have:

basedamage*(1.1+0.005*50)=basedamage*1.35

So 35% higher basedamage if he have 50 sword and wield a 2handed weapon.

And NO there is no huge difference in weapondelay and the damage you do on a perf.
Weapondelay only effect basedamage there the damage you do is basedamage + perfdamage, and the basedmage is so much smaller than the perfdamage.

Ex:
Basedamage is calculated by:

weapondps*Weaponspeed*3*(1+(weaponspeed-2)*0,03)
If we put in the numbers:

dps:____ 16.5
speed:___3.0/4.0/5.0

we get basedamage:

speed___basedamage___basedamage if 2handed 50 spec

3.0_______~153___________153*1.35=~207
4.0_______~209___________209*1,35=~282
5.0_______~270___________270*1,35=~364

After this we add the pa damage that is calculated by this formula:

Basedamage+75+(critstrikeskill*9)

So if we use 50 critstrike skill we get the following pa-caps

speed___basedamage___PA-CAP____PA-CAP using 2handed at 50 sword

3.0_______~153_____~678__________~732
4.0_______~209_____~734__________~807
5.0_______~270_____~794__________~888

So we gain a whopping 734-678=56 pa-cap increase by using a 4.0 speed weapon instead of the 3.0 speed weapon... It is that the CS-damage is so much bigger than the basedamage.

200 points of difference in using a 3.0 speed onehander and a 5.0 2hander, is it worth it? Btw, this is without the leftaxe modification taken into consideration :)

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie
Righthandof said:
if you hadnt noticed, i tell you, the most familiar class in hibernia to the albs minstrel is Bard. tbh tell me it's an underpowered class hehe.. anyway,
mincer= +stealth
bard= +heal + buff

couldnt really say which is more uber, they both powerful.

forgot +charm +2forms of CC +actually having damage output
bards healing? :eek: got fairly high reg in comparison to cookie cutter specs and even then its near pointless trying.
so now its
mincer = +stealth +charm +stun&mez +damage
bard = +buff(not including BB's, bards need at least something. :m00: )

:worthy:

please tell me if i'm wrong hibbehs.

pointless comparison, they both use instruments and it ends there.

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
LARRE COMEBACK! starting my hunter back from scratch got my oldname back i dont care i gained rr5+ with the new one. come join me in moderna lvl up a new sb then we go out have some fun in emain

Sobek

Fledgling Freddie
Seanpaul said:
forgot +charm +2forms of CC +actually having damage output
bards healing? :eek: got fairly high reg in comparison to cookie cutter specs and even then its near pointless trying.
so now its
mincer = +stealth +charm +stun&mez +damage
bard = +buff(not including BB's, bards need at least something. :m00: )

:worthy:

please tell me if i'm wrong hibbehs.

pointless comparison, they both use instruments and it ends there.

How many minstrels do you see running around stealthing with a pet? none, since its impossible, you dont see any minstrel running around with a pet anyway, since it removes our abillity to stealth, its pulsing and we get mezzed, we got screwed over by our own pet.
our damage is nothing compared to what a skald can frontload, we got 9sec instant stun on 10sec timer, which is a huge pro, can move while mezzing thats good aswell, and our aoe mezz is 5sec casting time (delve), around 3seconds when buffed, and lasts 29 seconds, such a huge impact!

Bard has alot more pros than cons.

80sec mezz, instants, end regen, instant anmesia, only support class ingame with evade? and they even get evade2, oh guess what like Minstrels and minstrels are rogues.. Go figure :eek:

Claudio

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:
a) Performing a PA on an assassin is not hard. It requires decent reactions and the ability to line yourself up quickly. Other people can make this hard by just popping stealth (also known as the Aldoran Maneouver) or by twisting to avoid it. Despite this I can land a PA more often then I dont. People that whine about not landing PA's really should practice a bit more.

b) 'most infs' ... then go on to give an example of Arraudry. Thats the only ToA'd rr10 (nearly rr11) infil on the server. A slash inf too, using battler/malice with high aug str and +str cap for higher WS. Also has 2 relics.

Arraudry is nothing like the average infil, the average infil is like rr3-4, thrust spec and can usually be found hanging around some retard scouts (Tip/Aim/Thefeared etc etc). Thats like me whining that Szakal hits me hard ... well duh, hes the highest rr active SB on the server.

Was also amusing that Ara has the 'solo' tag when hes nearly always with at least one other (Kklas/Sixth/Carpp recently) but thats going off topic :p
Who is this Big chief guy??? never heard of him...

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Claudio said:

a RR7 inf
I guess if you haven't heard of him you don't play a mid/hib stealther becauses hes active and you would have faught him.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Claudio said:
Well no great suprise since when I work out where you + friends are camping I move somewhere else. Not that it takes much working out to find you at amg day after day though :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom