How to Even the stealth Wars

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Bunnytwo said:
As opposed to hitting the infil <win> button? :touch:

They're playing to the strengths of the class. Funnily enough most people don't just play their archers to provide assassins with RPs.

For most of DAOC archers have had to take it up the bum from assassins, would be funny if it weren't so sad that when have something that gives a bit of payback some people scream like a bitch :puke:
lol? So zerging ppl 4v1 and making it impossible for the other person to attack back isn't the slightest bit retarded in your eyes? O no wait its you, im not suprised you have this opinion, I still recall you + a full group of other stealthers standing mpk day after day killing anything and everything that wasnt a full group that even stepped down the slope.

The fact is most scouts are shit zerging wankers .. the same goes for most hunters rangers infils sb's and ns's. The good players stand out and can actually solo. Ppl like the ones I mentioned above cannot. Hell, theres one rr6 scout out there atm thats in rog's, isnt even sc'd. If he didnt get rps from standing on a bm leeching off every single fight he wouldnt have any. That makes him a good player? Or just a leeching tard since I have a 4yo cousin that could stand stealthed, hit one key repeatedly when theres a fight and then hit stealth again afterwards.

Sobek

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:
Hell, theres one rr6 scout out there atm thats in rog's, isnt even sc'd. If he didnt get rps from standing on a bm leeching off every single fight he wouldnt have any. That makes him a good player? Or just a leeching tard since I have a 4yo cousin that could stand stealthed, hit one key repeatedly when theres a fight and then hit stealth again afterwards.

You mean thefeared whos standing on a hill side out of /face range, with traitors and som? and if someone gets to him he slams and runs away, if i was a scout, he'd be my idol :rolleyes:

Bunnytwo

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:
lol? So zerging ppl 4v1 and making it impossible for the other person to attack back isn't the slightest bit retarded in your eyes? O no wait its you, im not suprised you have this opinion, I still recall you + a full group of other stealthers standing mpk day after day killing anything and everything that wasnt a full group that even stepped down the slope.

LMAO think you've got me mistaken with someone else there, or you're rather confused.

Fristly 99.9% of the time I run solo AND unbuffed, which I would imagine most of the assorted SBs and NSs who have chewed me up in 5secs flat can attest to if the fight lasted long enough to be worth remembering. Can you say the same?

Second, can't remember ever having been in a full group camping MPK or attached to a fg in anyway. If there were others about would have been a bit like if you were at a MG and there happened to be others about. So would that make you a "shit zerging wanker?".

Third, if I'm one of those for being at a mmg or PK (unbuffed and ungrouped usually) which is where others tend to congregate then that makes your RR6 chap a "shit zerging wanker" too.

P.S I levelled my scout up the hard way too, no buffbot, no necro and far too often no group.

:cheers:

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
Big c in the house. :D

a) Performing a PA on an assassin is not hard. It requires decent reactions and the ability to line yourself up quickly. Other people can make this hard by just popping stealth (also known as the Aldoran Maneouver) or by twisting to avoid it. Despite this I can land a PA more often then I dont. People that whine about not landing PA's really should practice a bit more.
People that whine about people whining....yada yada.

PA is so easy yeah. You are moving about, see inf, try to manaouevre to pa quickly (in that split second and presuming you saw him first), inf sees you whacks you out of stealth as he doesn't need to pa like I said. So easy.

You manage to pa more often than not cos you prolly used stealth lore. :rolleyes:

b) 'most infs' ... then go on to give an example of Arraudry. Thats the only ToA'd rr10 (nearly rr11) infil on the server. A slash inf too, using battler/malice with high aug str and +str cap for higher WS. Also has 2 relics.
So an inf 4 hitting a fully capped sb doesn't concern you? Perfectly acceptable that a character is unbeatable. Anyway what I said was still true. All infs have superior weap skill/damage so don't need to pa.

Arraudry is nothing like the average infil, the average infil is like rr3-4, thrust spec and can usually be found hanging around some retard scouts (Tip/Aim/Thefeared etc etc). Thats like me whining that Szakal hits me hard ... well duh, hes the highest rr active SB on the server.
Does he (Szakal)? Does he outdamage you? Does he have an overpowered lvl50 style that stuns from evade? Does he have superior weapon skill? Does his enervating poison spank your weap skill like it does him? etc etc.

Was also amusing that Ara has the 'solo' tag when hes nearly always with at least one other (Kklas/Sixth/Carpp recently) but thats going off topic :p
Well to be honest I've seen him more solo than I have you lately. Sorry I KNOW that will annoy you, but it's true. But to be fair I know he stealth zerged his way to rr10 and then pro-claimed himself a soloer (but still is seen with kklass or another friend from time to time).

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Basically I think that idea is totally stupid, no offence but was worth thinking about it.

All the realms are different, thats what makes the game 'fun <coughs>

If the game was balanced then it would be quite ZzzZzZz...

If you're talking about balancing fights, then my idea is 1 savage in a mid group, 1 healer and rest random. Where albs get 3 mercs, 2 clerics, sorc etc... and for hibs...just nerf heat debuff on chanters :)

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Bunnytwo said:
Second, can't remember ever having been in a full group camping MPK or attached to a fg in anyway. If there were others about would have been a bit like if you were at a MG and there happened to be others about. So would that make you a "shit zerging wanker?".

Third, if I'm one of those for being at a mmg or PK (unbuffed and ungrouped usually) which is where others tend to congregate then that makes your RR6 chap a "shit zerging wanker" too.
I dont stand on a mg in a group of 4. So you can hardly compare me to the majority of stealthers.

I think you the wrong end of the stick. The rr6 chap in question isnt just a 'shit zerging wanker' hes the 'shit zerging wanker'.

Ormorof said:
am i one of those hunters?

considering you always eat me
Ive only seen you once? :(

inqy said:
You manage to pa more often than not cos you prolly used stealth lore. :rolleyes:
O yeah one attack every 15mins (assuming I dont have shade mode up or SL an empty space). Rocking !

So an inf 4 hitting a fully capped sb doesn't concern you? Perfectly acceptable that a character is unbeatable. Anyway what I said was still true. All infs have superior weap skill/damage so don't need to pa.

Does he (Szakal)? Does he outdamage you? Does he have an overpowered lvl50 style that stuns from evade? Does he have superior weapon skill? Does his enervating poison spank your weap skill like it does him? etc etc.
Well a) that means Araudry is doing 500+ a swing. Which I find unlikely unless hes getting a large crit on each hand every swing.

Szakal does similar damage to me when we fight. The 'overpowered lvl50 style that stuns from evade' is altered in 2 weeks, please find something else to whine about. If you whine about df in 1.69 you have to start whining at ns's too, then you can look silly. I suspect he does have superior weaponskill to me. Alot of assassins do, especially pure slash ones with a nice overcap template. His enervating will have half the effect mine does ... only he has a malice to compensate. A malice proc on me has more effect than my enervating on him and stacks with his own enervating. Hes also landed it in all of our last 4 fights within 2 swings (a bit of luck I know).

Btw Arraudry is slash. So your enervating has the same effect as his. If hes hitting 500+ a swing I suspect you really should try using an enervating or stop talking bollocks, whichever the case is.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Bunnytwo said:
They're playing to the strengths of the class. Funnily enough most people don't just play their archers to provide assassins with RPs.

For most of DAOC archers have had to take it up the bum from assassins, would be funny if it weren't so sad that when have something that gives a bit of payback some people scream like a bitch :puke:

You would have a point if they actually used it only on assassins. However I play a ranger (thats an ARCHER, like Scouts and hunters) and Thefeared didnt treat me differently.

Hell when I thought finally found him 'solo' he slammed and public yelled for help (which he gotten from Claudio and Tip) and I got grappled and shot.

No idea why Mr. Scout RR6 with IP and decent arti's (Fools Bow, Traitors Dagger, Shade of Mist, Sharkskin Gloves; sure its RoG's but hey lets take the time to get all those arti's AND level em) dont wanna fight a RR3 ranger solo.

Well I do know; coz he can do only 1 thing: Come in superiour numbers and leech from the zerg. And dont say 'hes a scout he cant do more' because then explain Aoln his movie....

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:
Well a) that means Araudry is doing 500+ a swing. Which I find unlikely unless hes getting a large crit on each hand every swing.

Szakal does similar damage to me when we fight.

he does quite often, 300mainhand 170ish offhand is everything else than rare.
Got quite a few logs of that, none-Battler debuff if you wondered.

for Szakal, got a screenie or log ? there's plenty of infils that claim that 'SBs can hit THAT hard', but for some reason none ever post a log.

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
Sobek said:
You mean thefeared whos standing on a hill side out of /face range, with traitors and som? and if someone gets to him he slams and runs away, if i was a scout, he'd be my idol :rolleyes:

You mean Sobek who you always see /sticked to Flawlessvictory and stun/fz the solo sb's? if i was a mincer, he'd be my idol :rolleyes:

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:
a) Performing a PA on an assassin is not hard. It requires decent reactions and the ability to line yourself up quickly. Other people can make this hard by just popping stealth (also known as the Aldoran Maneouver) or by twisting to avoid it. Despite this I can land a PA more often then I dont. People that whine about not landing PA's really should practice a bit more.

b) 'most infs' ... then go on to give an example of Arraudry. Thats the only ToA'd rr10 (nearly rr11) infil on the server. A slash inf too, using battler/malice with high aug str and +str cap for higher WS. Also has 2 relics.

Arraudry is nothing like the average infil, the average infil is like rr3-4, thrust spec and can usually be found hanging around some retard scouts (Tip/Aim/Thefeared etc etc). Thats like me whining that Szakal hits me hard ... well duh, hes the highest rr active SB on the server.

Was also amusing that Ara has the 'solo' tag when hes nearly always with at least one other (Kklas/Sixth/Carpp recently) but thats going off topic :p

what he said.. I see some good and bad things coming with new frontiers and patching. Dragonfang nerf is one yes. And getting vanish+ pa nerf is the biggest one out there. it was never intended to be a offensive RA it was intended to get away and infils are using it to turn around fights that they clearly are loosing. Both this will be good and perhaps then I can have fair fights vs an infil. But then again what mythic have actually done with new frontiers is closen the gap between rr1-rr6 players. The new RA costs will make it much harder to gather RA abilities. Currently im 5l2 and got AP2 and IP. in new frontiers i can get a 19% instead of 20% AP (no timer though) and a IP for 80 procent but to have em both i would have to be RR7.... so what new frontiers have actually done is nerfed me since im below RR7 that will bring me closer to all rr1-5 but those that are RR7+ are so gonna own out there... My chance vs a infil is often to get ap2 up before stun. hope for spear proc 50% absorb (value 200) i actually procc it outside mpk often on mobs then just hope to god that im not dragonfanged when i need to IP. cause you cant IP to fast then you are eating the dirt anyway.. Then i might actually kill someone..

OOO and BIGCHIEF so if your saying a ROG user isnt skilled when he gets RPS are you actually saying that its the GEAR that makes you skilled or what.. LMAO.. been farming for that bloody SoM3 scroll for ages when i get it things may even out some..

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
What people in this game refer to skill I just refer to hardcore. Getting endless potions for heal + endurance during combats etc. capping your gear faster then every one else so the casual gamers suit is at 20-50% when your running out there maxed.. Currently the biggest skill out there is running away with end pots whenever i encounter people solo and get to engage em first they just run run run, wheres the fun... OH NO I MIGHT DIE AND IM PLAYING THIS UBER CHAR WITH UBER GEAR.. and SoS.... no more need to be said

Actually had a 1 on 1 fight with Luon in briefene 2 days ago was a damn nice fight i had about 25% hp left and he was like on 3-4 percant so i was thinking wow im actually gonna win this fight... 2 arrows in my back later i was eating dust and Luon sitting down on 1% hp...

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Botond said:
givf wardens stealth and 2.5 points/lvl to make hib stealtherduo balanced :flame:

if you hadnt noticed, i tell you, the most familiar class in hibernia to the albs minstrel is Bard. tbh tell me it's an underpowered class hehe.. anyway,
mincer= +stealth
bard= +heal + buff

couldnt really say which is more uber, they both powerful.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Oldfaravid said:
OOO and BIGCHIEF so if your saying a ROG user isnt skilled when he gets RPS are you actually saying that its the GEAR that makes you skilled or what.. LMAO.. been farming for that bloody SoM3 scroll for ages when i get it things may even out some..
No ... I'm saying someone who just zergs/leechs from a distance doesnt need the gear, the ability or really anything that makes a good player. You can be the 'best' player in the game but run around alone in gimp gear and you have your ass handed to you repeatedly.

The 'better' players on the stealther side are generally considered to be soloers/duoers and will always have the best items .. its the only way they can do it. If I were to compare Dwera to Aldoran .. I know which is the harder fight, theyre both rr8 SB's yet one is alot harder to kill. The fact he usually runs solo adds to this as you adapt to ways to survive. Someone like Gayner that runs around using energy weapons and gimped resists doesnt need the items to compete as he doesn't solo. He relies on his friends more often than not.

I agree some people dont have the time to put in to make the best that they can with their character and thats quite often reflected in their play styles. Personally for my infil, if I cannot compete due to something as simple as items/SC then I'll go away and sort it. Others would rather just group. Then again theres some llamas (mentioning no names) who can have a decent rr, good items and still feel the need to zerg :p

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
if your that bothered about 'the worst ranged mezz' in the game why don't you run with a healer?

Luona

Fledgling Freddie
yadadadad have 47stealth atm :)

even i land pa on sbs and some infils ^^

tbh stealth war are even as it is just dont know why not more sbs use bs2 :p like old school sbs death azal etc they used all utilites that sbs had and not to forget zapsis and avonleah :)

and saying that realm zerg this realm zerg only lame thing in game is stealthers moaning about zerg day out and day in. make another char if you not happy with it. And for all sbs out there i have 50+7 blades atm missing +11 from gear have 10% heat and i think ive beaten most of you 1 vs 1 not to brag but comeon something wrong with yer game play it must be :p perhaps im just lucky as hell i dunno big up cylian anyway for great fights since rr5

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:
No ... I'm saying someone who just zergs/leechs from a distance doesnt need the gear, the ability or really anything that makes a good player. You can be the 'best' player in the game but run around alone in gimp gear and you have your ass handed to you repeatedly.

The 'better' players on the stealther side are generally considered to be soloers/duoers and will always have the best items .. its the only way they can do it. If I were to compare Dwera to Aldoran .. I know which is the harder fight, theyre both rr8 SB's yet one is alot harder to kill. The fact he usually runs solo adds to this as you adapt to ways to survive. Someone like Gayner that runs around using energy weapons and gimped resists doesnt need the items to compete as he doesn't solo. He relies on his friends more often than not.

I agree some people dont have the time to put in to make the best that they can with their character and thats quite often reflected in their play styles. Personally for my infil, if I cannot compete due to something as simple as items/SC then I'll go away and sort it. Others would rather just group. Then again theres some llamas (mentioning no names) who can have a decent rr, good items and still feel the need to zerg :p

compleatly agree with you, reflects the stealthwars in every bit imo...(if you aint talking about names that is) :>

limbo

Fledgling Freddie
Silly stealthers.

I got but one thing to say to you.

mmorpg

;p

Botond

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
if you hadnt noticed, i tell you, the most familiar class in hibernia to the albs minstrel is Bard. tbh tell me it's an underpowered class hehe.. anyway,
mincer= +stealth
bard= +heal + buff

couldnt really say which is more uber, they both powerful.

all realm different,so givf stealth for wardens :flame: and givf stealth to druids too,to make Araudry happy ;)

oh,and givf less ppl takein jokes serious :m00:

Slayben

Fledgling Freddie
If you want 1v1

Then just find a friendly friar to assist you.

:kissit:

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Oldfaravid said:
Currently im 5l2 and got AP2 and IP

Every day you face people with debuffs, mez and stun..and you don't have Purge...

Sobek

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:

Comparing Dwera and Aldoran is like comparing Thefeared with Aoln, simply cannot be done xD

Dwera soloes, which i got respect for, Aldoran runs around with his 2-3 "friends" including Xenja, Miss. "I stick Aldoran and i'm to blond to figure out how to use FZ" and after that, hes bitching about zergs. :rolleyes:

Bunnytwo

Fledgling Freddie
In all this there's also the factor that some people don't have buffbots (hard to believe I know but true). If you haven't got one of those, even if you're weighed down with artis, you're still gonna get your arse handed to you on a plate 9 times out of 10, even if you're the most skilled player going.

If you're in this position you either have the option of grouping and using tactics or poaching.

If people who are arti'd up and buffed to hell and back duo someone without BB is gonna have to get into a group of at the very least 3 to compete, then they get accused of being lame.

If you want to get things put on a more level playing field where people's skills could show through bug mythic to take buffbots out of the game (which they won't of course cos of the money). At the very least they should change it to "Bunnytwo was just killed by XXXX's buffbot."

If we're going to start labelling people as unskilled, cos they don't need skills to win by using tactics, then should at least be honest, there's more skill involved in teaming up to win than using a buffbot and a shitload of artifacts (least they are showing that they have rather more than the 2 brain cells it requires to log the buffbot in). They definately aren't retarded, they would be if they listened to calls for them to fight in equal numbers to those using the BBs.

When it comes down to it, its not like they're is anything in the spirit or rules of the game against stealthers going round in fg or even bgs if they chose to. Just because someone choses to run solo or duo doesn't mean they can decide for anyone else how they should play, tbh they're the lame one if they think that they can or should be able to. And before anyone comes back with the old line about how yes they can but nobody will have any respect for them. Again how lame would you have to be if it REALLY bothered you whether someone respected your skills in a computer game.

Sobek

Fledgling Freddie
Bunnytwo said:
In all this there's also the factor that some people don't have buffbots (hard to believe I know but true). If you haven't got one of those, even if you're weighed down with artis, you're still gonna get your arse handed to you on a plate 9 times out of 10, even if you're the most skilled player going.

If you're in this position you either have the option of grouping and using tactics or poaching.

If people who are arti'd up and buffed to hell and back duo someone without BB is gonna have to get into a group of at the very least 3 to compete, then they get accused of being lame.

If you want to get things put on a more level playing field where people's skills could show through bug mythic to take buffbots out of the game (which they won't of course cos of the money). At the very least they should change it to "Bunnytwo was just killed by XXXX's buffbot."

If we're going to start labelling people as unskilled, cos they don't need skills to win by using tactics, then should at least be honest, there's more skill involved in teaming up to win than using a buffbot and a shitload of artifacts (least they are showing that they have rather more than the 2 brain cells it requires to log the buffbot in). They definately aren't retarded, they would be if they listened to calls for them to fight in equal numbers to those using the BBs.

Bunnytwo was just killed by his own stupidity.

daoc has reached the level where buffbotting is a normal thing, if you dont have one, why bother going out? yet some do, and then there is a few like you playing gandhi and bitching about everything, if your life is so harsh, roll a buffbot, and dedicate some time to your class, allowing your self to get some half decent artifacts, and then be able to compete.

You done bitching allright?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom