How much longer till all characters have their equipment returned?

ZukeSB

Fledgling Freddie
Ixnay said:
Greetings,
Thank you for the comments. We are working on the list of missing items on Prydwen with all available resources. We are sorry that it is taking a long time however we ask for your patience while we work on this. Everything that can be done to speed up the process has been done and we are working as quickly as possible to restore the last of the missing items.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

Dear GOA,

Please quantify "all available resources" and detail how many restores are remaining.

Perhaps updating the sticky thread on a weekly basis, detailing remaining restores, would help.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
restoration/compensation?!

Just posting (my first on this subject) to find out how many others are still waiting and also if some freindly gm could tell us how much more requests there are to process/give us an estimation on when all will be complete etc.

Spent quite a lot of in game cash to replace things so that I could play my effected char's again and now find myself unable to repair artifacts (due to lack of funds and the stupid cost of repairing them) and can no longer afford to advance my crafter further :<

P.s if a gm does read this can we get a change to the smith models so they display correctly wearing a mask? :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
i am but i only noticed i was missing stuff last week so bad example :p

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
i remember someone telling me a unofficial quote from goa that the amount of work to restore all items lost was equivilant to 6000 days of work (9-5 etc)

restoration inc 2021!

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
60000 Items. Assume an average of 7.5min per item restored. This includes reading the RightNow messages written in l33t and figuring out who's lying and who not. The average time to restore an item includes easy items (a few changes), and items that contain over 15 manual changes to the games database to finalize.

60000 x 7.5 equals 450K minutes. That's 937.5 man-days of normal labour... on top of their regular GM duties. In other words, one person would be busy for almost 4 years to do the work. Thank god there's more than one person working on it.

Give them time. They can't do magic, and have to deal with the pile one request at a time .. and it isn't very fun work.

How many of you bothered to send a thank-you note for the restored items? :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Tesla Monkor said:

I sent them a note thanking them for not deleting all my items, does that count? :D

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:

an why teh hell you wanna do that? Because they got your items deleted? an you are paying to play but you cant because you got no items?

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:
an why teh hell you wanna do that? Because they got your items deleted? an you are paying to play but you cant because you got no items?

its not theyr direct fault that the server corrupted, and you dont own the items enyway.

did you hear that, that mythic adviced goa to delete all the items on pryd, but goa gms didnt want to do that??

imo they are working theyr asses off to fixx things, and would be nice if ppl said ty for that (enyway those who got theyr items back)

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Kaun_IA said:
its not theyr direct fault that the server corrupted, and you dont own the items enyway.

did you hear that, that mythic adviced goa to delete all the items on pryd, but goa gms didnt want to do that??

imo they are working theyr asses off to fixx things, and would be nice if ppl said ty for that (enyway those who got theyr items back)

Agree and Disagree.

Agree with

Goa deserve to be thanked for the work they have done so far, It has been alot of overtime and i saw Xalin working around the clock, and i often pm'd him witha simple "keep up the good work, doing a great job."

Disagree

Rumors,

Did you hear mythic said this!!
zomg! did you hear what goa dne!
Zomg !! gues what they said now!!

Rumors are possibly the most fucked up thing going, One person says something to XXX expecting them not to say anything, Then word gets round.

What i think

I doubt ( no one has confirmed / denyed this) that goa where told to delete the items, Infact, i feel that they were told fuck all.

If im not mistaken. GOA is somewhat of a franchise of DAOC, They must use the same things,coding etc, and use rules etc, But Mythic are not responsible in anyway for things that go wrong.

Co-operation will happen, with help etc. But its not a must for mythic to do.

Id like to see less of these threads on the boards, as its possibly fucking up the GM's Morale.

They do about 50 chars in a record time, Check FH and see wankers complaining about there charectars still.

Now its understandable that your annoyed, But your not alone.

For those of you who maybe have NO playable charectars now, Take a break or something.

Regards to all, And keep up the work goa.

Jamie.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Infanity said:
Agree and Disagree.
Rumors,

Did you hear mythic said this!!
zomg! did you hear what goa dne!
Zomg !! gues what they said now!!

Jamie.

GoA actually mentioned that in a thread long time ago, to not delete the whole shite. ;D Believe it or not.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
still no update, kinda sucks dosn't it, must be nice already having your things replaced or never lost anything in the first place or being able to afford to play properly.

Would be nice to just get some official word on how long to expect to wait which was what the main point of making this thread was perhapse it wasn't needed....? maybe you didn't have to read it?

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
well personally on my cabby i lost 2 rog items wit caps etc...and 5 lvls, and about 2-3p...so to me thats not alot to complain about so i never wrote to goa QQin...maybe i would of got like 1million plat like the rest of pryd atm..but i got my own lvls again, transferred more money til i could farm again...and left goa free to solve the big issues about peeps that missing artis/book etc...and i let goa fix the prob asap and move on to fixing other big issues...

so imo if ur only lost sumthing small...y bother ?? :drink:

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with most of what you said but...

Infanity said:
For those of you who maybe have NO playable charectars now, Take a break or something.

taking a break is fine but what if you subscribed for a tear or 6 months, goa wont refund your subs because your characters are unplayable. If they did refund you or just freeze the play time so that you didn't lose days till your characters were frozen then maybe it would be exceptable.

:m00:

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Yeke said:
and still no update, kinda sucks dosn't it, must be nice already having your things replaced or never lost anything in the first place or being able to afford to play properly.

Would be nice to just get some official word on how long to expect to wait which was what the main point of making this thread was perhapse it wasn't needed....? maybe you didn't have to read it?

If you read the news you'd see they are working on it, and don't want to give a "date" as this will only end in more whine when the target is not met.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
If you read the news you'd see they are working on it, and don't want to give a "date" as this will only end in more whine when the target is not met.
need to work on your reading comprehension or need to learn just to plain not make stuff up.

We are still working through the massive caseload of affected characters on Prydwen. We understand the frustration of those who are still waiting for items to be restored and would like to assure you that the problem is being dealt with as fast as is possible. In the meantime we would ask you not to update your existing requests unless you have new information to report and neither to submit new requests asking for progress on an earlier report. We cannot reply individually to these and so you will recieve no answer. We thank you for your patience in this.

didn't catch the part about them not wanting to give a date could you enlighten me mr.goa?

........ in bold just for you. read

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Yeke said:
didn't catch the part about them not wanting to give a date could you enlighten me mr.goa?

I thought it would be pretty obvious after reading the post a date wasn't going to be given as it would simple entice more whine. The GMs are dealing with the Prydwen problem as fast as possible. However, such a problem which came out of the blue cannot be solved quickly with limited numbers of staff.

The idea of E&E helping out was quashed due to the obvious security issues involved; so you'll just have to wait.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
I thought it would be pretty obvious after reading the post a date wasn't going to be given as it would simple entice more whine. The GMs are dealing with the Prydwen problem as fast as possible. However, such a problem which came out of the blue cannot be solved quickly with limited numbers of staff.

The idea of E&E helping out was quashed due to the obvious security issues involved; so you'll just have to wait.

pretty obvious, like you didn't read something properly like my post and the news then posted something you thought was fact only too realise it wasn't or maybe it is just it hasn't been documented. Thats what im asking for, quote my first post "if some freindly gm could tell us how much more requests there are to process/give us an estimation on when all will be complete etc."

If what you say is true then fine just I'd like to hear an official statement too that "fact"

maybe if you read the post before posting worthless comments in the thread this wouldn't look like a whine thread and we might just get some useful information in it.

P.s in case you didn't get it yet I didnt whine once, I wont whine about it, and im looking for official information if possable regarding a timescale whether that be a week or a month or more just so I can plan on what to do to make my gaming experiance better for the time being.

Thanks for reading.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
scorge said:
I agree with most of what you said but...

taking a break is fine but what if you subscribed for a tear or 6 months, goa wont refund your subs because your characters are unplayable. If they did refund you or just freeze the play time so that you didn't lose days till your characters were frozen then maybe it would be exceptable.

:m00:
Aye, nothing to do when you payed subs like that, and thats the people i feel for most.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
play a different character, server, get some temporary kit and play the same one - get on with things.

Yes, it sucks to have a stripped char - especially if it's your current pet project or your main but you can do other things in daoc...

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Yeke said:
maybe if you read the post before posting worthless comments in the thread this wouldn't look like a whine thread and we might just get some useful information in it.

If you think my comments were worthless, letting you know that indeed GMs are working flat out to get the problem, that's your opinion.

I was going to ask the GMs for you, to get a solid number or % completion; but having just lost all my respect, I'm not going to lift another finger to help you.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
eggy said:
If you think my comments were worthless, letting you know that indeed GMs are working flat out to get the problem, that's your opinion.

I was going to ask the GMs for you, to get a solid number or % completion; but having just lost all my respect, I'm not going to lift another finger to help you.

owned :cheers:

Tilda

Merged the repeted thread.

As was said in the friday news:

Friday News said:
Restoring Items on Prydwen
We are still working through the massive caseload of affected characters on Prydwen. We understand the frustration of those who are still waiting for items to be restored and would like to assure you that the problem is being dealt with as fast as is possible. In the meantime we would ask you not to update your existing requests unless you have new information to report and neither to submit new requests asking for progress on an earlier report. We cannot reply individually to these and so you will recieve no answer. We thank you for your patience in this.

Believe me, as an E&E I speak to a GM most days, and they really are working their arses off to get this sorted. We're talking overtime to the extreme.
As Flim said, be patient, play an alt, buy nice rogs.

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
Believe me, as an E&E I speak to a GM most days, and they really are working their arses off to get this sorted. We're talking overtime to the extreme.
Stop talking with them so much, and they may get it sorted faster... lol ;)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
As Flim said, be patient, play an alt, buy nice rogs.

Now all you need to do is bloody play the game!

Gimp!

Tilda

eggy said:
Now all you need to do is bloody play the game!

Gimp!
I do eggy!

As this is a merged thread guys, lets try extra hard to keep it on topic please!

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Despite my comments about the customer service in a related thread i believe the GoA GMs do their very best despite being hamstrung from on high in various ways - front-end roles in customer service are never much fun!

rynnor

Rockhound
Their too busy out burning cars all night to fix missing items ;P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom