How much longer till all characters have their equipment returned?

ZukeSB

Fledgling Freddie
It's been almost 4 weeks since the i reported my Valkyrie's gear missing and around 6 weeks (maybe) that the character has been unplayable in total.

I was having fun using this character (yes, odd but true) and all my time was being put into it's development i'm therefore getting a little frustrated with the apparent lack of movement.

Any chance of an update to the sticky thread, or even this thread indicating whats going on.

Yours in frustration,

Zukette "The Naked" Valkyrie :eek6:

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
The GMs are still frantically working through the requests as fast as they can. I believe they are still working 12+ hour days to get it all in, probably the maximum that health and safety lets them.

I realise the annoyance it can cause, even though it didn't personally affect me. What I suggest is to update your Rightnow reply if you haven't for a few weeks (don't spam them though) and try to stay patient for a few days more.

I believe there are several hundred requests still outstanding; you will get served near enough in the order you requested.

Regards, Eggy

ZukeSB

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
The GMs are still frantically working through the requests as fast as they can. I believe they are still working 12+ hour days to get it all in, probably the maximum that health and safety lets them.

I realise the annoyance it can cause, even though it didn't personally affect me. What I suggest is to update your Rightnow reply if you haven't for a few weeks (don't spam them though) and try to stay patient for a few days more.

I believe there are several hundred requests still outstanding; you will get served near enough in the order you requested.

Regards, Eggy

I figured updating the rightnow thread would be pointless as it would distract them from carrying out the character restores.

What i'm looking for is a further update of the above sticky thread or even in this thread of the status. Yes, i know the official friday news piece fleetingly mentioned the restores.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
GM poked me and said;

There's no point updating your Rightnow unless you are providing additional information. As long as it is flagged as Under Investigation then it will be worked on in due course.

PS: Xalin is my Jedimaster

Corran

Part of the furniture
eggy said:
GM poked me and said;

There's no point updating your Rightnow unless you are providing additional information. As long as it is flagged as Under Investigation then it will be worked on in due course.

PS: Xalin is my Jedimaster

Zenythe is my favorite :p

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
Zenythe is my favorite :p

Take heed of the;

"Last edited by Xalin : Today at 02:41 PM."

bit on my post.

me :twak: Xalin

ZukeSB

Fledgling Freddie
Which is the best palm to cross with silver in order to get my character gear back quicker? Not that i would, it's just good to know who will succumb to the influence of easy cash most readily :D

EDIT: Thanks for the update Xalin.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Xalin said:
Zenythe is everybodies favorite and rightfully so!

As requested I updated the sticky

I have nice chats with Zenythe in game is why, most the time unrelated though. Haven't seen you in a long time so not got to chat to you :(

Still, im disappointed as Zenythe wouldn't destroy oriens bridge no matter how much i begged :(

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Can't we donate rogs from exca to pryd? I got shitloads that i cba to salvage and no1 will buy.

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
From 30-09-2005 Camelot Reporter:
-------------
Item Restoration on Prydwen.
Now the large majority have been resolved and we hope to have all the outstanding reports completed over the next few days.
-------------

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Ttillub said:
From 30-09-2005 Camelot Reporter:
-------------
Item Restoration on Prydwen.
Now the large majority have been resolved and we hope to have all the outstanding reports completed over the next few days.
-------------

And yes the large majority have been dealt with however when you look at numbers like we were looking at it all becomes relative... we do still have a ways to go, we know this as it faces us everytime we walk into the office. We are working as quickly as we can, believe me no one wants this stuff done as badly as we do. We're all getting tired of being completely through our weekly alloted work hours by wednesday and knowing we still have two days to go.
I personally miss sitting on the servers and just talking with people as it's my favourite part of the job!

Thanks to the people who have been patient and understanding in this situation, we are all doing a job we love and believe in and the days when we get little thank you's make the days when we take nothing but crap when we're working our backsides off a lot easier to tolerate.

Airmid

Fledgling Freddie
Zenythe said:
I personally miss sitting on the servers and just talking with people as it's my favourite part of the job!

I wish I had your job :(

Or at least, I wish I got paid for doing what you do anyway :)

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Airmid said:
I wish I had your job :(

Or at least, I wish I got paid for doing what you do anyway :)
You mean, provided nothing like lost-item-restoration is going on? :p

Jobs as Game Testers or Game Administrators are often quite underestimated. People only see the fun side of things. :) But in the end, it can be very hard work.

Airmid

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, cos there's so much fun ot be had as an environmental consultant!

Ooh, is that asbestos? Hmm it could be, let's get it tested!! Ooh lets!!

Then either:

Results: Yes, there is asbestos present!
Me to client: Yikes!! This is going to cost you lotsa wonga!

OR

Results: No, there's no asbestos here.
Me to boss: Damn, no asbestos this time, can we find anything else there?

For the variety of week to week stuff, replace the word asbestos with other nasty stuff you wouldn't feed to your kid brother.

Damn I made it sound interesting didn't I :(
Its not, really!!

Airmid

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:

Well was thinking more along the lines of hydrofluoric acid, cyanide, 40 000 gallons of diesel etc :p

Having said that, I'd happily feed any of them to my kid brother... ;)

On a completely seperate note, my office window overlooks one of these boy racer modding garages, and someone's just brought in a brand new Subaru L33tz0r or whatever, and reversed it into the bins :clap:

OK I lied, my job's great :D

Ixnay

Can't get enough of FH
Anychance of a further update on this ? Has nearly been a week since the last one :eek:
Just any words from an official would be nice, keep your customers informed :p

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
Airmid said:
Yeah, cos there's so much fun ot be had as an environmental consultant!

Ooh, is that asbestos? Hmm it could be, let's get it tested!! Ooh lets!!

Then either:

Results: Yes, there is asbestos present!

OR

Results: No, there's no asbestos here.
Me to boss: Damn, no asbestos this time, can we find anything else there?

For the variety of week to week stuff, replace the word asbestos with other nasty stuff you wouldn't feed to your kid brother.

Damn I made it sound interesting didn't I :(
Its not, really!!

You just made yourself sound well cowboy like imo. Is it really like that?

ZukeSB

Fledgling Freddie
Ixnay said:
Anychance of a further update on this ? Has nearly been a week since the last one :eek:
Just any words from an official would be nice, keep your customers informed :p

Ditto !

peder

Fledgling Freddie
stop complains!
when you stop weh get klusters!

thinks about it man :touch:
when new patty you forget abouts the lost craps

ZukeSB

Fledgling Freddie
peder said:
stop complains!
when you stop weh get klusters!

thinks about it man :touch:
when new patty you forget abouts the lost craps

I think you'll find myself and Ixnay are requesting updates, we have accepted we can't play certain characters to their full potential.

Also, if i keep complaining we won't get clusters? Get a grip nubbins.:twak:

Ixnay

Can't get enough of FH
Oh look we got some news - http://daoc.goa.com/news/view_news.php3?id_article=3623

Oh wait, no further mention of item restorations ?

[14-10-2005] The Camelot Reporter

Not much news today as last week's new features were quite substantial and, of course, because the team is currently dedicating itself to Le Monde du Jeu, which has already started. No doubt the show will be quite eventful but we will tell you all about it next week

Blatently been forgotten about, time to delete teh zerker :<
Very sloppy customer service imo, last update was on the 6th of October and not even a generic update to peoples rightnow reports!

Has anyone had items restored within the last week ?

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
valkyrie still stripped, thou gimp class but wanna play it.
whats funny, billing is working fine, even many still suffering near 2 month old stuff.
longer this take, longer it takes to me get char back up to date, 1/2 year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom