How long will WAR last?

Wai

Fledgling Freddie
I'd make a guess of roughly 6 years based on how long other games last that were popular to begin with.

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
I guess it'll depends on how fast they do something about the server queue's

donk

Fledgling Freddie
How many years do you think WAR will last for?

let me see CTD every hour, Authentication errors, 20 min queues, sounds like early WoW.

so who knows. at the moment tho i f*cking hate it.

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
let me see CTD every hour, Authentication errors, 20 min queues, sounds like early WoW.

so who knows. at the moment tho i f*cking hate it.

If you got queues why not take another server?

I play order on Axe Bite Pass and have never had a queue and never had a CTD (had several in beta).

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I've never queued and the average wait for me in to a tier 1 scenario is around 30 seconds, moving on to tier 2 the average wait went up to 3 minutes!!!!!!

Maybe you should try Order on Karag Orrun too ;)

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Not had to que one since i started last sunday with headstart, and ive only had one CTD the whole time.

For me WAR will last years.

krilly

Fledgling Freddie
oh around 10 - 15

once you get a good launch, and mucho fan loving (me included), you can last a long time - look at EQ1 and UO and * such, people still playing them for retro kicks.

*wow with its old fashioned grind gameplay,

edit:

and im not a daoc guy like most of you folks, so this rvr is new too me, and im an old fart, maybe like a few of you folks, but seriously this is the most fun game I have ever played.

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
Dont think it will last very long, games are mainly full and hyped at release. mythic lack to mutch still do even get a good game that lasts and even if they manage they will still fail simply cause they dont understand "the beyond development"

Perfect example daoc, there game they fuckedup everything, ppl left that is there experience from the past.Still 10 years later and all the experience they have still not learned crap.

Im quite sure the story will repeat it self, new expansion,no balance among classes and so on.

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Yes but Mythic openly admitted they messed up with DAoC expansions (mainly ToA of course). I doubt they'd make the same mistake twice, especially when there's a hell of a lot more at stake on Warhammer's success.

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
if they make sure to have it balanced and add new content from time to time, not a whole expansion but tiny bits here and there, then it can last very long

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Dont think it will last very long, games are mainly full and hyped at release. mythic lack to mutch still do even get a good game that lasts and even if they manage they will still fail simply cause they dont understand "the beyond development"

Perfect example daoc, there game they fuckedup everything, ppl left that is there experience from the past.Still 10 years later and all the experience they have still not learned crap.

Im quite sure the story will repeat it self, new expansion,no balance among classes and so on.

You say it won't last long, then use the example of DAoC which was hardly ever marketted at all (WAR has EA pushing it, and they are very clearly taking a similar publicity route to Blizzard) and is STILL alive and kicking 7 years later (not 10)?

I think Mythic have learnt a lot from their DAoC experience and thats blatantly obvious in many facets of Warhammer, if you can't see that, then your dislike of Mythic is probably blinding you.

Personally i have no idea how long it'll last and i don't care one iota, im just gonna enjoy it :)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
If you got queues why not take another server?

I play order on Axe Bite Pass and have never had a queue and never had a CTD (had several in beta).
Thats very easy to say, but why should we have to leave friends? Got too many on the server i play both order and destruction to just pack up and leave for a fresh server.

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
I have only had to queue to get into the server once, and that was for 5minutes, on Karak Hirn. I don't like queuing, no one does, but as long as the waiting is reasonable then it is better than a server dying of lag. If it ever does reach a point where I am regularly sat waiting for 15 minutes plus then I will be unhappy, but for now it is excellent.

Just telling someone who has these problems to move servers is no solution at all. If you have friends on a server and have spent even a couple of days on a character then moving is a pain, and how can you be sure which other servers will not have the same problems?

So far its great. Hopefully it will get even better.

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
You say it won't last long, then use the example of DAoC which was hardly ever marketted at all (WAR has EA pushing it, and they are very clearly taking a similar publicity route to Blizzard) and is STILL alive and kicking 7 years later (not 10)?

I think Mythic have learnt a lot from their DAoC experience and thats blatantly obvious in many facets of Warhammer, if you can't see that, then your dislike of Mythic is probably blinding you.

Personally i have no idea how long it'll last and i don't care one iota, im just gonna enjoy it :)

You miss a vital point just as you said EA wtfpwns mythic..and that is serious enough.and tbh im not sure how you can say they have"learned" mutch from daoc.What if they decide in a year or 2 to clean mythic out,then new fresh ppl comes in and takeover the sail of development etc of WaR.Just as they done with "every" mmorpg they taken over.

What is it they have learned? to create a good game? that as i said they already can. BUT the point beyond that is total shit.

look at daoc, no mmorpg has that low subs what is it 5k ppl US/EU on prime? kinda prove the point of failure there..Just look at UO that is mutch older 2d gfx and so on read they have still 120k subscribers.

And if it lasts or not i dont really care, still belive blizzard is and will remain the number 1 game company in das world. Despite WoW is kinda corney.And im very glad they are not owned by EA.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
longer than any other MMO on the market due to the fact that Games Workshop will deliver an endless amount of new players who play table top and find out there is a MMO of the thing they play, every year again and again.

fredericus

Fledgling Freddie
Who can tell??????? I like the game, my m8 are gonna join in the next few weeks, and after that??????? thats up to mytich and GOA to diside, if the game keeps being this good, im in for the long haul. I got fed up with WOW after 1 monthe, but i feel the WAR has alot more to ofer, than stupid Q and 12 yeqar olds talking smack on the barrens chat.

Splendid

Fledgling Freddie
If if have to wait to log on like i have today 6 times 25 each time not very long :)

pez

Can't get enough of FH
If you''re going to quit cos you hate the queues you won't be playing on that server anyway so why not just change server.

Also, if you added up all the time you spend in queues would it have been enough to level up to your current level on a different server/realm?

Killder

Can't get enough of FH
I doubt I'll subscribe after the free month - it's not doing much for me so far.

Zagzyg

Loyal Freddie
If you''re going to quit cos you hate the queues you won't be playing on that server anyway so why not just change server.

Also, if you added up all the time you spend in queues would it have been enough to level up to your current level on a different server/realm?
Yeah, who needs friends anyway.

If you log in at odd hours, there's no queue. A lot of my friends log in slightly earlier see no queue or only a very short queue. I almost never fail to have to queue at least 20 minutes, up to an hour. If I have stuff going on at home and need to afk often, I get logged out and have to queue again. So far it feels almost like I spend more time queueing.

If I have to move to be able to play, that means I won't be able to play. Unless my whole guild decides to move.
Kudos to the NA servers for cloning servers so quickly to try and alleviate the problem. GOA's solution is of course, "What problem?" :flame:

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I have little sympathy frankly. Its not hard to avoid high pop servers. It was clear Karak Eight Peaks was going to be overpopulated within half a day of CE servers going live. I deliberately told my friends to avoid any server in the headstart with high or full populations because I'm not an idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom