How did you get started on Camlann?

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
I wanna tell a story too, so:

Once upon a time there was a little Luri NS wandering around excal desperately trying to level and getting annoyed at barely being able to solo blue cons :(. So he decided to take a break and try out this new PvP server.

On I logged and rolled an Eld and started to lvl around Ardee. I saw many grps of purples ganking everything in sight 'WaR LeGenDz' were the most common with what seemed like 50 chanter pets in tow. Anyway I managed to lvl to about lvl 10 on mobs around Ardee/MM (/safety on) then after lvl 10 safety was off automatically. I tried to kill a couple of ppl which is when I realised my spec of 5 light 6 void (or sommat) was totally gimped. I then re-rerolled a chanter and got bored by lvl 6 and went back to Excal.

My little Luri NS battled the evul blue cons and eventually dinged 50 about the time SI arrived. While waiting for my brand new SC gear to arrive I went to camlann a little wiser. I rolled a BD (before fotmdom), killed a couple of times by an inkle savage called Armav (red con back in them days) and kill tasked pvp'd to lvl 21 where upon I got sick of being insta killed and stupidly overpowered and went back to Excal.

My little Luri NS then got a little (well slightly bigger) Druid friend designed as BB but also to be active Druid (40 Nurt 35 Reg spec). Low and behold I levelled and RvR'd and Camlann was forgotten. Eventually during alb zerg RRs every night the server kept dieing and I returned to Camlann for a bit.

I took the class I knew well (NS) and started to kill stuff etc (/level ofc) in and around Domnann. I then got invited to join another grp with an infil, chanter and an SM. We rocked, well kinda, the SM rocked the chanter kinda chain died and logged me and the infil just kinda hid ;). After seeing the SM fight back from 10% health so many times and seeing the death spam I though, I gotta try one of them. I rolled it and started to figure it out, I got to lvl 23 before running out of cash and I returned to excal.

ToA hits and I zoom my Druid to ML6 quickly and started to pick up some arti's. I took SoM to lvl 10 on my NS and by then was sick of PvE and rolled a Luri Hero for some BG fun. Needless to say with SC'd gear and bb buffs I pwned severely and it was great fun solo or grped. It reminded me that there was a server I could do this full time rather than having to port after each death and I returned to Cammy.

Decided I needed cash and rolled a necro leveled to about lvl 30 pretty quickly, around alb SI and mid, and transferred the cash to my SM and played some more. I joined Golden Pheonix and rocked and rolled my SM to lvl 30 before again running low on cash. I then took my Necro to 50 xping in alb SI almost exclusively (1st and only 50 to grace GP thus far :() and started back on my SM and joined Core, now lvl 38. While taking my Necro to 50 I have small fortune in cash, a house and a 99% cloth suit waiting for my SM. And no I don't want to transfer it anywhere :p

nerf too many images!!

B

Ballad

Kicks said:
I wanna tell a story too, so:

Once upon a time there was a little Luri NS wandering around excal desperately trying to level and getting annoyed at barely being able to solo blue cons. So he decided to take a break and try out this new PvP server.

On I logged and rolled an Eld and started to lvl around Ardee. I saw many grps of purples ganking everything in sight 'WaR LeGenDz' were the most common with what seemed like 50 chanter pets in tow. Anyway I managed to lvl to about lvl 10 on mobs around Ardee/MM (/safety on) then after lvl 10 safety was off automatically. I tried to kill a couple of ppl which is when I realised my spec of 5 light 6 void (or sommat) was totally gimped. I then re-rerolled a chanter and got bored by lvl 6 and went back to Excal.

My little Luri NS battled the evul blue cons and eventually dinged 50 about the time SI arrived. While waiting for my brand new SC gear to arrive I went to camlann a little wiser. I rolled a BD (before fotmdom), killed a couple of times by an inkle savage called Armav (red con back in them days) and kill tasked pvp'd to lvl 21 where upon I got sick of being insta killed and stupidly overpowered and went back to Excal.

My little Luri NS then got a little (well slightly bigger) Druid friend designed as BB but also to be active Druid (40 Nurt 35 Reg spec). Low and behold I levelled and RvR'd and Camlann was forgotten. Eventually during alb zerg RRs every night the server kept dieing and I returned to Camlann for a bit.

I took the class I knew well (NS) and started to kill stuff etc (/level ofc) in and around Domnann. I then got invited to join another grp with an infil, chanter and an SM. We rocked, well kinda, the SM rocked the chanter kinda chain died and logged me and the infil just kinda hid ;). After seeing the SM fight back from 10% health so many times and seeing the death spam I though, I gotta try one of them. I rolled it and started to figure it out, I got to lvl 23 before running out of cash and I returned to excal.

ToA hits and I zoom my Druid to ML6 quickly and started to pick up some arti's. I took SoM to lvl 10 on my NS and by then was sick of PvE and rolled a Luri Hero for some BG fun. Needless to say with SC'd gear and bb buffs I pwned severely and it was great fun solo or grped. It reminded me that there was a server I could do this full time rather than having to port after each death and I returned to Cammy.

Decided I needed cash and rolled a necro leveled to about lvl 30 pretty quickly, around alb SI and mid, and transferred the cash to my SM and played some more. I joined Golden Pheonix and rocked and rolled my SM to lvl 30 before again running low on cash. I then took my Necro to 50 xping in alb SI almost exclusively (1st and only 50 to grace GP thus far :() and started back on my SM and joined Core, now lvl 38. While taking my Necro to 50 I have small fortune in cash, a house and a 99% cloth suit waiting for my SM. And no I don't want to transfer it anywhere :p

nerf too many images!!
Nice one. Rolling a necro is a clever move as tranfers are really hard to find. Glad you quit your BD too. Kicks TapsAndStrafes would just sound bad. :eek:

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
omg wanna hear my long story? ok ill tell u, sit down children, get sum hot chocolate or sumthing.

it all started back in mid/pryd, after leaving daoc for a few days, i decided 2 try hib/excal. was beautiful lands, and i quickly made a luri blunt/shield hero. i was quickly joined by my good friend Leuan, who had previously played hib/excal 2 a reasonable level. he showed me around ardee and we soon dinged 5 (i did, he had 2 log at lvl 4). While on lvl 5 i met my now good friend, Tuts, he was a bit higher than me (ok alot). i soon forgot my hero and made myself a Anamist, not knowing what they were. i remember leveling off the ardee beatles aswell, and soon progressing to muir tomb, here i saw Imsmall (Tuts luri hero) and we grouped. by this time i was learning the class and having fun. 1 thing leads 2 another, i went alb, came back 2 hib bla bla. i find Imsmall again, and Warfist (he was on his valewalker and Bard i think) and i was with Leuan, it was around this time i think, that we all decided 2 go over 2 PvP for sum exploring, i made a friar and got 2 lvl 6, wast much fun 1-5 specially with /level about so didnt meet many people. any way the next day on hib tuts must have gone PvP crazy or wahtever coz he wanted 2 go back for me :D this time me tuts and warfist made stealthers, along with the tuts' rl m8. i was a SB with tuts, and warfist made a infil, other guy made a nightshade. i dont REALLY remember what happened except that i had the amazing idea of going sword/2 LA, high envenom and crit. at lvl 7 i went 2 hib and got myself a cool falcata coz they looked so amazing :'), i got tuts 1 aswell, we were acceptably rich for our level, for sum reason we had /safety off at this stage and would attack anything and everything. soon it was just me and tuts on PvP, everything cond purple except for the few who were leveling along with us. any way i got bored around level 9 and left camlann, deciding 2 further my career on pryd.

a few weeks later i go back 2 excal and c tuts, he said he had a lvl 17 BDer :O wow cool. course he'd been chained down 2 low money. i started back up on pvp and got 2 about lvl 11, when low and behold, patch day came. :O and for sum reason all servers were down apart from camlann. so ehre we were, with proper weapons and armor (mine were all merchant bought and so i had very little cash) and i remember that 95% of aegir were /leveled people that were naked, with lvl 5 weapons, there were sum casters, but again, all naked. in that 1 day i lvled up 2 18, and not all from killiong people who were leveling, oh no, i was jumped a fair bit 2 by duos and even sum trios, taking them all out except from occassions where i got swarmed etc, which was often. i ended up very red con and i had leveled FAR too fast, left with green/gray armor and left hand gray axe and green sword. so i decided 2 try my luck at farming a few days later, it went REALLY well was killed quiet alot there, so then i had 2 say good bye, and left back for pryd.
i try 2 play PvP, 2 lvl a necro, or a merc or any class but i dont really know where 2 farm at the moment. but at the moment i now have alot of 20/21 chars that ive tryed in PvE and PvP :) just 2day i tryed a mincer and made about 5 gold, all of which had 2 go on con :p.

just 1 question but why is there a con less on PvP deaths 2 people that u con green+ 2? imo there should only b con loss on people u con blue or higher to coz a green stands no chance 2 a purp that by that time will have drop armor atleast (with stats etc). :( cons pooie, other wise i woulda loved playing PvP up 2 now. ahh well gunna keep trying :)

living

Fledgling Freddie
Wirey said:
started when it came out, with a enchanter Machinehead and theurg Erhy, only low levels after that made a Friar up to lvl 39 called Ctx, but from then i got chained because i was green, i've had many breaks from camlann thats why i was never 50 quick, so i decided a Nightshade with stealth and Diamondback can help and DD's to interupt ppl, i got to 21 then stopped for 1month, restarted and got to 32, then 2 week break due to acount closed then a few good guilds came around such as Rare, i got a few levels with them. and made 50 in no time big thanks to Sevalith :p

lemme jsut say it again! Ya shall not kill unrewarded people xping!.. nuff said :> Got owned by a 50 bd and hes skald mate when i returned to get my revenge and i finally logged off for the night cursing over how lame BDs are... oh.. wait..

Wirey

Fledgling Freddie
i'll say one of best ways for stealthers to xp like the way i did from level 1.

Start off killing things around Mag Mel / Ardee till level 5 - go tnn train xD level 5 omg !! :D
then go down to waterbeetles killed them till level 10, got in a pbae 5 man grp in 1 druid 1 healer 2 bombers and me, got 14 in muire tomb.
got a grp in df killing rats with 3 ppl shaman warrior + a mentalist with HoT.
got 20 in df, and continued to level 21 on plateds after that i didnt have sc but went to Prydwen Keep bridge for pk [ When PKB was Populer ] made 31 their wohoo. after like 1-2week, then i had enuff cash to get some seals for DF armor [ SC was not out at the time ] had emerald armor until 33, joined a guild with prophercy. they helped me to 36 in Lyonesse, then i got CD :D woho thought i culd kill 50's. until i got pwned. i went 0 cash so quit camlann came back by doing a trade, made 41 and joined a guild with Unombre / Kerigane / Mylah also grped with Rare in Hib [ Lair Place ] was with these guys pk'ing in df till 48. then did a few quests to get 48.5 - pk'd rest, then did Ancestral Secrets till i got 6bubs. got all the stuff, and a good deal of money [ SC was out at the time, ] then met up with a guy called Sevalith good guy, he helped me quest all the way to 50 big thanks to him but we fell out hope he can fergive me, after that got SC cuz of all that hard work it pays off. so hope stealthers out their wonna use this way :] i did it in a month or 2 :p which is kinda good for camlann but not now cuz l33t Guild use pl grps in Moderna :D

PS: keep good rep while leveling so that some guys actualy grp u. i went rong at 50 and wish i never did :D

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
tried camlann first as a Thane, well actually i had about 10 chars all diffrent classes i got to lvl 5 then gave up usually classes like

Cabalist (deleted cant remember why)
Thane (he got to lvl 24 o so :D ) joined fear
SM (Summon/Dark spec afaik)
Hunter (teh pwn!!!111!!!)

then when /level came i rolled a Friar after a while pk my way up to some weird lvl, xp/pked in df and got a staff from a friend i ran into :eek7:

i really needed some new armor so i spent about 2 nights farming plateds in df and i got a full df set :clap: and i felt so ub3r when i killed a red con NS :eek2:

after a while my Friar was around 30 and i logged my Thane (stil played him occasionally) and asked if i could switch so my Friar came in guild instead, got to lvl 50 (somehow) and stuck with fear since

Bahumat

FH is my second home
they were nice here is my story

i was pissed off and thsi guy throw a copy of daoc at my face shouting at least you dont have to figt bd's!!!i had no idea what he was on about. i went to pvp as the word pvp looked nicer than rvr at the time. i played a thane and got bored, then a chanter which was fun but it was not for me

then this other guy threw a pair of chain boots at me shouting hahah nooob imo tbh gimp and i was clueless. i made a paladin and became insane. the doctors say i should not obliterate weetabix all day but i like it.

now i played rvr a bit but its all standing about and i still dont like the word rvr. maybe if they make pvr oh wow that would be amazing.

the end.

(c) This load of crap was brought to oyou by Bahumat of Bahumat Inc

B

Ballad

living said:
lemme jsut say it again! Ya shall not kill unrewarded people xping!.. nuff said :> Got owned by a 50 bd and hes skald mate when i returned to get my revenge and i finally logged off for the night cursing over how lame BDs are... oh.. wait..
Is your BD still in Ivy? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom