How did you get started on Camlann?

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
well at the moment i really want 2 start playing on camlann and lvl a char that i can have fun with. so far ive considered merc, reaver scout and ranger as my possible main (maybe even a cool inconnu infil) but wondering, how did u guys get started on camlann and where did u xp? if possible could sum 1 post a camlann leveling guide (nice places 2 xp without 2 many people wanting my blood). there just doesnt seem 2 b enough grps about, and in towns its usually like 3-4 people attack 1 person, which i guess is like the norm here. i could handle that at 50 i suppose coz atleast then ill have cash 2 restore con etc and would maybe stand a chance (its actually more like 3-4 reds/purps on me).

ive considered soloing all the way 2 50 with a BB = boring as fook and would mean not much pvp'ing between lvls etc except from when im higher and standa bit of a chance.

so just wondering how i should go about lvling on camlann :)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
and also which realms tailor is more recuired/used :) thinking hib/alb probably?

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
i started as a /level Friar to be honest, pvp myself to some lvl i cant remember, one of my alts where still in Fear (lvl 6 Thane :clap: ) i was allowed to stay with him but when my Friar hit like 28 i was allowed to swap places with em (deleted Thane :( ) and now im lvl 50 with a Sham lvl 47 :eek:

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
so pvp 2 a good lvl and get a guild, but pvping i loose con coz people add or as i said grps of 3-4 people go crazy kill spam

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
imo level a necro a bit to get some cash - you will need cash even from a low level for your con. Then kit out your main and go :)

Can xp pretty anywhere that isn't popular on a RvR server you will get killed every now and then though even in remote areas. Only found one area so far where I aint been killed and I aint sharing ;).

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
so pvp 2 a good lvl and get a guild, but pvping i loose con coz people add or as i said grps of 3-4 people go crazy kill spam

don´t think it works best to level a necro for gear then make a main, ohh and dont flame people cause they killed you :m00: ive had like 3 peeps threaten to log their "main" usually a SB when they jumped me and i kiled em :touch:

Bellona

Banned
In the start you will have it easiest with a reaver, due to your magic.

just exp as long away from any city as possible if solo, or find a group, cant take some time, but alot of exp groups around, especially after lvl 35-40... sometimes they work, other times you will get killed 10 times in a row...

patience and not getting frustrated is your most important weapon

and as others mentioned, roll a necro, lvl it in df at offhours if possible, and youll quickly have alot of money and seals

and myself.... I started with a long forgotten chanter, farmed money at those trees and spraggons near tir na m'beo :D

Saigean

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:

You make baby Jebus cry.

B

Ballad

I started with a level 1 skald... didn't even know how to mez. I leveled 1 - 12 doing tasks in Salisbury plains but griefed my way from 12 - 20 in Cots. 20 - 27 I PvP'd in various places and got to RR2. 27 to 32 I did Faerie Frogs in Salisbury then I got free PL by a friendly necro taking me to 36. 36 - 40 I PvP'd, then quit Camlann for a while.

After getting back I rolled a Champion. PvP'd to 30 then exped to 45 in a finnish - german exp group. Champion is still on his way to 50.

I also tried a mercenary which got boring quickly. He's 43 and will stay at that level I suppose.

Nowdays I'm playing my skald (which I rerolled) and trying to exp my champ too.

Some basic tips:

- Rolling a necro is a good idea. They don't need any equipment to get started and work pretty well even at the lower levels. By 30 you should have the cash for a proper character. Alternately you can roll a buffbot if you have a 2nd acc.

- Don't PvP in /level gear. Get your character equipped with emerald / crafted gear first.

- After you are ready head out to Aegir / Goth / Domnann / Cam. hills / Connacht / DF and PvP your character to 27 - 30. Fast, easy and rewarding.

You can continue PvP'ing to 36 but it may be faster to exp. Here are some ok spots:

28 - 32: Find the stone ring in Salisbury (Cross the river after the broken bridge) and kill Faerie Frogs (at day) and Giant Skeletons (at nigh). Both are very good exp. I got from 28 to 32 in one day.

32 - 38: Sidhes in Skona Ravine. Take a horse to W. Skona and run S - SW. They are near the southern lake on a small peninsula. Fast spawn with neutral mobs.

38 - 4x: Spindelhalla / CM / Barrows. Enuff said.

(alt) 4x - 50(?): Bone eater oracles in Yggdra Forest, a very good camp for some caster classes.

This should get you started. :)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
hehe cool thx guys :D think ill roll a necro with buffbot for farming/leveling and consider what class 2 make :D

robbe

Loyal Freddie
make grp of 5-8 ppl and kill purp con players is fun and nice exp :>

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
robbe said:
make grp of 5-8 ppl and kill purp con players is fun and nice exp :>

doesnt work, you might kill one or two but then you get chained by em and everyone gets bored and logs :twak:

B

Ballad

Laston said:
doesnt work, you might kill one or two but then you get chained by em and everyone gets bored and logs :twak:
Yeah, Laston's right. I remember killing Requiem soloers in Goth with Eek. We got like 4 before they got pissed and called 2 FG's to chain a level 39 skald and a 42 BD. :D

robbe

Loyal Freddie
how can u be chained if u dont want to.. also strong grps dont log cause one death

B

Ballad

robbe said:
how can u be chained if u dont want to.. also strong grps dont log cause one death
:eek7:

a) They were Requiem.

b) One of the stealthers we killed was the GM.

c) Eek has kinda harsh tone.

d) Ofc they didn't "chain" us, just tried to (we left after the second kill).

e) You either didn't read my post or have very bad sense of humour.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm, lvl a necro bot first with a cleric bot added :p then on a different account start anything to your hearts desire.

Reason for cleric bot over shammy+ drood: The end regen shamies have is range limited, and mota2 ~ 25% buff enh Specline af buff is godlike, somewhere around 1-1.5 avoid pain. Haste is cool from a druid bb tho, but I prefer being hit for a lot (and it is a LOT) less by enemy melee classes.

Specline af > haste > end regen.

The only place where end regen pwns the other 2 is when you have your bot stuck on you, but that gets you killed eventually, while for spec af/haste you can hide your bb somewhere :p

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
lol is 2 uber when a buffed necro takes out a zerker, thane and SB (SB got PA and CD in, thane casting on necro 90% of the fight, and zerkers provoke only hitting for about 15 dmg :<

B

Ballad

The buffbot I'm using is a shaman and I'm more than happy with it. Sure shaman has the weakest buffs out of the 3 but the endurance regeneration is so friggin' useful in PvE (And you'll do a lot of PvE 20 - 50 and in ToA after 50). If I had a fully ToA'd RR5+ character I'd prefer a cleric/druid instead but for a pre 50 unToA'd (melee) character the shaman bot is better than anything.

And yeah, cleric buffed necros are reeeaally ewul, but that's not a reason to pick a cleric over a shaman IMO.

dimerian

Fledgling Freddie
New job + summer + studies so Camlann better option than pryd,no stress from artifact xp and stealthzergs (except Mythic Shades here ofc xD)

B

Ballad

dimerian said:
New job + summer + studies so Camlann better option than pryd,no stress from artifact xp and stealthzergs (except Mythic Shades here ofc xD)
You can play here as long as you don't ask me for another 2 sets of lvl 36cloth, lvl26 leather, SC'd lvl 26 chain, 99% lvl26 hammer, lvl31 thrusters and PL. :eek:

Welcome back. ;)

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
one thing is for sure
u have it 10000x easier now that u can start with such chars as necros/bds to farm cash and gain levels fast (esp necro).

Back when pvp opened we wern't so lucky :)

Chanter was the BD of that age, but now id much rather face a chanter than a bd :-p

Atheistic Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Moo said:
one thing is for sure
u have it 10000x easier now that u can start with such chars as necros/bds to farm cash and gain levels fast (esp necro).

Back when pvp opened we wern't so lucky :)

Chanter was the BD of that age, but now id much rather face a chanter than a bd :-p
But weren't you playing on Excal then? :p

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
bah lame BBs, ahh well i mgiht aswell get one, waiting for another mmmorpg to come out anyway (WoW) so i might aswell have some fun in the meantime :cheers:

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
just so u all know i wont b using a BB in my end game coz there gay ruins daoc :( no point being overpowered coz u can run 2 accs

Tierce_

Fledgling Freddie
I got fist-fucked by some badass who got my password, I quit for a day, then started on camlann the day after...with a menti, then chanter, then *random character that I thought was teh omgz0r0r* untill they all had 1 conc, got serious and made a skald.

And that's probably my biggest DAoC mistake...nerf camlann, nerf it to hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom