How did you get started on Camlann?

B

Ballad

Tierce_ said:
...got serious and made a skald.

And that's probably my biggest DAoC mistake...nerf camlann, nerf it to hell.
You just defined "truth". :eek:

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Ballad said:
The buffbot I'm using is a shaman and I'm more than happy with it. Sure shaman has the weakest buffs out of the 3 but the endurance regeneration is so friggin' useful in PvE (And you'll do a lot of PvE 20 - 50 and in ToA after 50). If I had a fully ToA'd RR5+ character I'd prefer a cleric/druid instead but for a pre 50 unToA'd (melee) character the shaman bot is better than anything.

And yeah, cleric buffed necros are reeeaally ewul, but that's not a reason to pick a cleric over a shaman IMO.

You managed to totally miss my point.

1. I won't be using end regen to lvl , ever, necros dont need end.
2. I included why the end reg is suckier than haste, wtfsucks especially when compared to the af buff
3. The af buff is not for my necro, it is for my mincer/my brothers infil.
4. You are picking a shaman because you're xping as a melee class? Include that, as shamans are the weakest buffbots when they get over 1500 range ~~

You think the specline af buff is only good for necros? :p. Think again

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Oh pve after 50 if I actually bother with toa on camlann= charm a sally pet and send it in. Those don't need end regen either+ those benefit from the specline af buff 'a bit' :p.

Zephyrex

Fledgling Freddie
I started killing mobs around pk, getting myself one of the lowby mp thruster with help from the spriggarns and had enough cash to port to tnn and enter the realm of the feared enchanter :fluffle:

There I continued exping on water beetles ofcourse! and later on the blackthorns till I finally dinged level 10

I teamed up with a friend from hib/excal who played sb, and with some other people and pked my way till about lvl 22ish, sometimes farming for drops.

Then I leveled till 30ish in DF, getting myself some DF gear in the meanwhile, Pked less at that time

Joined a guild called Delucian Exiles, which were people I knew from hib/excal.
Went to exp a lot in Treibs

Exped/pked my way with Delucian Exiles to about 39ish, guild became less active so I left and joined Lazy Gits! Had a great time with them, also dinged 50 with the Gits after many many frost liches and some Tur Suil raids

B

Ballad

Lothandar said:
You managed to totally miss my point.

1. I won't be using end regen to lvl , ever, necros dont need end.
2. I included why the end reg is suckier than haste, wtfsucks especially when compared to the af buff
3. The af buff is not for my necro, it is for my mincer/my brothers infil.
4. You are picking a shaman because you're xping as a melee class? Include that, as shamans are the weakest buffbots when they get over 1500 range ~~

You think the specline af buff is only good for necros? :p. Think again
1. Shamen are absolutely the best PvE, I repeat _PvE_ bots for melee classes. Sure the AC buffs makes you take less damage and the haste kill faster but you will still run ooe in combat and have a downtime after each fight. Endurance regens fast you can say... yes it does but it still takes around 20 seconds each time... and it stacks up over time. With end regen you won't have any downtimes between pulls plus the insta sprint makes melee pulls easier. And who gets a BB just for a necro?

2. In PvP where you have to hide your BB (unless you have a really good connections or 2 computers) shamen don't excel. For PvP I'd choose a bot depending on my class, most likely a cleric.

3. Have I ever said that the specline AC buff is only good for necros? Read my post again please.

If you're planning to use your bot in PvP the cleric is a good choice... you and your brother will miss end regen on your way to 50 though.

4. Yes, I'm using my bot to help my champion/skald/mercenary to PvE and do ToA. The shaman grants everything what I need for PvE and I wouldn't exchange it for a cleric or a druid.

None of the 3 classes suck FYI. It's all about what do you need / expect from a buffbot. Some want better melee performance, others higher defense, I prefer the lack of downtimes and permanent sprint.

Téma lezárva.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Necros don't need end, I don't pve with melee classes.

You think saying 'téma lezárva' (means discussion closed, in hungarian) makes you right? Any infils who you ask prefer the specline af buff over a stupid, pvp useless, end regen spell. You can't afford to have a bb stuck to your ass.

WTF you run ooe in pvp fights and have downtime between fights?
Are you clueless , or something...

You are speaking to me about pve, which I clearly stated, necro> your 'amagawd no downtime and permament sprint' shaman.

Cleric buffbots are so much better for people who actually just pvp, not pve, that I can't really describe it. I mean, you are talking about perma sprint and less downtime, that means you have your bb on stick and people don't just frag it on sight? Good for you. I prefer to hide my cleric whoknowswhere and benefit from the specline af buff. Ask anyone with a clue which is the best PVP (that's right, pvp, not pve which I never questioned the shaman end regen being useful) buffbot. Definitely not the shaman.

"And yeah, cleric buffed necros are reeeaally ewul, but that's not a reason to pick a cleric over a shaman IMO."

I've read your post again, my english is terribly gimped then.
You speak like if I've chosen the cleric so I can have specline af buff on my pve bot, I didn't.

Pointless to argue I guess...

And speaking a foreign language on an english forum is just rude, so don't do it, I know a lot of people just start saying insults/etc in swedish/bla/whatever, but if I can keep myself from saying uber wisdom in hungarian, I can expect the same from you, I hope.

Edit: I mean, cmon, didn't I say it quite clear that I am using necrobots for lvling?

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
i dont get how using a bot in pvp can be 'fun' for more than an hour or so.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
guys chill :) tbh i c where ur both coming from, Ballad makes a very good point that the end regen from shammy is absolutly amazing in PvE for a melee class but in the end game isnt that good. and yes cleric is alot better buffbot at 50 because of the AF buff and because u dont get any use out of end gen from a BB thats miles away. and yes, clerics buffs r very good for leveling a necro as it gives loads of abs on ur pet and necro doesnt really gain anything from a end gen in pve or even pvp due 2 the end gen bein 2 far away. :)so just chill winston's :)

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
oh and on topic:

I originally hated camlann, thought it was gay etc. then i played around a bit with some friends from excal play sb/some other chars, thought it was pretty fun, and got some more friends to try out a fg. i made a skald cus we needed a speed class and my friends skald seemed like SUCH a cool class.

So we tried a fullgroup, had a LOT of fun in aegir until some purp bds decided they had had enough, roamed a bit in camelot hills, tried some purpcons etc, did a bit of xp in DF... rezzkilled some poor soul in salisbury plains 7 times :)

Ended the day with lvl 21 and about ~10g, decided i liked my skald enough to keep playing her, transfered about 200g, did some quests/pve to about lvl 28, then started pk'ing, pk'd to 47, joined fear, pk'd/quested to 50.

Never had a bot, grouped for pve about 3 times before lvl 47, only rarely grouped for pvp. doubt thats doable these days though, atleast 36+ you would have a lot of trouble pk'ing (its hard enough as solo lvl 50 :))

But i really can advise the other way, pve with a bot or with a necro or with some friends, much faster and less stressful i'd say :)

edit: most important thing unless you are planning to pl yourself is make friends. i made a LOT of enemies pk'ing, and very few friends, but the friends i did make were invaluable on my way to 50 (hi wielka ;)).

B

Ballad

Lothandar said:
Necros don't need end, I don't pve with melee classes.

You think saying 'téma lezárva' (means discussion closed, in hungarian) makes you right? Any infils who you ask prefer the specline af buff over a stupid, pvp useless, end regen spell. You can't afford to have a bb stuck to your ass.

You are speaking to me about pve, which I clearly stated, necro> your 'amagawd no downtime and permament sprint' shaman.

Cleric buffbots are so much better for people who actually just pvp, not pve, that I can't really describe it. I mean, you are talking about perma sprint and less downtime, that means you have your bb on stick and people don't just frag it on sight? Good for you. I prefer to hide my cleric whoknowswhere and benefit from the specline af buff. Ask anyone with a clue which is the best PVP (that's right, pvp, not pve which I never questioned the shaman end regen being useful) buffbot. Definitely not the shaman.

"And yeah, cleric buffed necros are reeeaally ewul, but that's not a reason to pick a cleric over a shaman IMO."

You speak like if I've chosen the cleric so I can have specline af buff on my pve bot, I didn't.

And speaking a foreign language on an english forum is just rude, so don't do it, I know a lot of people just start saying insults/etc in swedish/bla/whatever, but if I can keep myself from saying uber wisdom in hungarian, I can expect the same from you, I hope.
I like you less after every reply.

I don't pve with melee classes.
Yeah, you're soloing 20 - 50 in PvP, yep that's right.

"Shamen are absolutely the best PvE, I repeat _PvE_ bots for melee classes. Sure the AC buffs makes you take less damage and the haste kill faster but you will still run ooe in combat and have a downtime after each fight. Endurance regens fast you can say... yes it does but it still takes around 20 seconds each time... and it stacks up over time. With end regen you won't have any downtimes between pulls plus the insta sprint makes melee pulls easier. And who gets a BB just for a necro?" That's what i said. Learn the difference between "PvE" and "PvP" please.

I think you're just trying to piss me off.

Eh? :eek7:

"In PvP where you have to hide your BB (unless you have a really good connections or 2 computers) shamen don't excel. For PvP I'd choose a bot depending on my class, most likely a cleric." <- What I said....

I never said that. Learn to read IMO.

So you can't stand people who are speaking foreign languages in an english area? Then Camlann is definetly not the place for you.

Oh, and please save your replies in the future as I'm not reading them anymore.

B

Ballad

Darksword said:
guys chill :) tbh i c where ur both coming from, Ballad makes a very good point that the end regen from shammy is absolutly amazing in PvE for a melee class but in the end game isnt that good. and yes cleric is alot better buffbot at 50 because of the AF buff and because u dont get any use out of end gen from a BB thats miles away. and yes, clerics buffs r very good for leveling a necro as it gives loads of abs on ur pet and necro doesnt really gain anything from a end gen in pve or even pvp due 2 the end gen bein 2 far away. :)so just chill winston's :)
Thank god there are still literate people around. :wub:

Aithe

Fledgling Freddie
ballad, wake up. he isn't going to level to 50 by exping...he is pling

B

Ballad

Aithe said:
ballad, wake up. he isn't going to level to 50 by exping...he is pling
Hmm, you are prolly right. Time to check the popular PL spots... :m00:

Taniko

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe guys, this is just a stupid argue, lets stick to the subject and more exciting things: How did Tani ever and ever get to L50? Tbh I can't remember but I'll try.

I started out on alb/pryd, playing a clericess. B000ring doing gobo's all the time, and L36 was my exit. Then some lame test server apeared, and I thought wtf.. Let's give it a go! Joined in with another dane, both making level 1 rogue, and he said: 'do /safety off!!'. Had no idea what that had to do with anything, so I just did it! And PANG I died from some purp mincer. We ran around just trying to slice people up without any resulsts, and then suddenly started doing some pve. Spiggarns ftw :p got the same dagger as Zep, and started pwning! And that was the start of my PVP career. Anyway, I got many chars on the test server, L8-15ish and the last char I made was a skald. I was hooked on it. Then Camlann opened - yay! First char to make: 'Taniko'. Now I knew what to do, how to do it and did it as the slowest and most moaning guy there! Same procedure as Zep: Water beetles, those trees close to mm and lvl'ed quite fast. Then I started doing faeries in Salisbury Plains with a druid mate, and got to L20 quite fast, also using Keltoi as the place to exp, and get armor. Getting the armor was hard though, so I moaned at some guy I later found out was danish - and he talked to his Avalanche friend named 'Ihavenoname' and 15 mins - I had a suit of wonderfull, sexy and god damn adoreable first set of armor. I was unkillable! (That danish guy btw, that is Julle - in anyone knows him) Later on I joined British Steel together with that druid mate (Groosalug/Scathaiig, I'm sure someone remembers his). We pwned :D Esp. in df. We were all like 2x, so made some succesfull raids where we got (I'm not kidding) up to 15 rp's a night!!!!!! Anyways, did a lot of pvp at those lvls and that got me some rp's and lvl's ofc. Later on, I joined Valour and met a lot of new people - who later on became my friends, close one some of them (Let them down later on, but that's another story :( ) Lvl'ing from now wasn't a bless, but it was so much easier with guys like Lian, Kur, Nam, Fuzzy and Kan around (Amongst many many and many others)- that's for sure. Some great Dartmoor raids I remember, still have plenty of screenies. Valour later on merged with Fear and came to be called Fear (The guild y'all know now). Can't remember this correctly tbh, but.. Oh yeah. I didn't join when Valour merged with Fear at first, I joined Lazy Gits like many else and got some fast lvl's. From 39 to 44 iirc, then later on I joined Fear and all of my friends again. LG died :s. Througout the times in Fear I dinged 50 (as one of the latest) the 12th may 2002 at 5 PM in AC. (wow, lame using brain capacity to remember such things, but I'm afraid I am :p) I guess that's just about it.

Can't guarantee no wrong spellings etc, but I hope you enjoyed the meaningless reading of how Tani got started.

B

Ballad

Taniko said:
Hehe guys, this is just a stupid argue, lets stick to the subject and more exciting things: How did Tani ever and ever get to L50? Tbh I can't remember but I'll try.

I started out on alb/pryd, playing a clericess. B000ring doing gobo's all the time, and L36 was my exit. Then some lame test server apeared, and I thought wtf.. Let's give it a go! Joined in with another dane, both making level 1 rogue, and he said: 'do /safety off!!'. Had no idea what that had to do with anything, so I just did it! And PANG I died from some purp mincer. We ran around just trying to slice people up without any resulsts, and then suddenly started doing some pve. Spiggarns ftw :p got the same dagger as Zep, and started pwning! And that was the start of my PVP career. Anyway, I got many chars on the test server, L8-15ish and the last char I made was a skald. I was hooked on it. Then Camlann opened - yay! First char to make: 'Taniko'. Now I knew what to do, how to do it and did it as the slowest and most moaning guy there! Same procedure as Zep: Water beetles, those trees close to mm and lvl'ed quite fast. Then I started doing faeries in Salisbury Plains with a druid mate, and got to L20 quite fast, also using Keltoi as the place to exp, and get armor. Getting the armor was hard though, so I moaned at some guy I later found out was danish - and he talked to his Avalanche friend named 'Ihavenoname' and 15 mins - I had a suit of wonderfull, sexy and god damn adoreable first set of armor. I was unkillable! (That danish guy btw, that is Julle - in anyone knows him) Later on I joined British Steel together with that druid mate (Groosalug/Scathaiig, I'm sure someone remembers his). We pwned :D Esp. in df. We were all like 2x, so made some succesfull raids where we got (I'm not kidding) up to 15 rp's a night!!!!!! Anyways, did a lot of pvp at those lvls and that got me some rp's and lvl's ofc. Later on, I joined Valour and met a lot of new people - who later on became my friends, close one some of them (Let them down later on, but that's another story :( ) Lvl'ing from now wasn't a bless, but it was so much easier with guys like Lian, Kur, Nam, Fuzzy and Kan around (Amongst many many and many others)- that's for sure. Some great Dartmoor raids I remember, still have plenty of screenies. Valour later on merged with Fear and came to be called Fear (The guild y'all know now). Can't remember this correctly tbh, but.. Oh yeah. I didn't join when Valour merged with Fear at first, I joined Lazy Gits like many else and got some fast lvl's. From 39 to 44 iirc, then later on I joined Fear and all of my friends again. LG died :s. Througout the times in Fear I dinged 50 (as one of the latest) the 12th may 2002 at 5 PM in AC. (wow, lame using brain capacity to remember such things, but I'm afraid I am) I guess that's just about it.

Can't guarantee no wrong spellings etc, but I hope you enjoyed the meaningless reading of how Tani got started.
So why did you join Horde? :p

Taniko

Fledgling Freddie
Ballad said:
So why did you join Horde? :p
That's a whole different other stoty that has nothing with the subject to do :) but, Horde pwnz ;)

B

Ballad

Taniko said:
That's a whole different other stoty that has nothing with the subject to do :) but, Horde pwnz ;)
Well they helped me to do some artifacts... so... *cough*... I _partly_ agree...

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
erm am i stupid for thinking "making necro on main account and cleric and BB account, get 2 lvl 30, farm seals, then make main and xp up" ? or did u guys mean "make necro on BB account, and use it 2 PL ur main" ? :touch:

barevoose

Fledgling Freddie
there are various ways to doing things in life u dont have to ask for help with everything, u have ur own brain i presume? which way do u think wud be best fro christ sake :)

barevoose

Fledgling Freddie
ok, here is the story of Warningz, so far...

it was jsut a normal day on camlann after playing my hero on excal, gettign quite bored and as i usualy do when bored decided to log on camlann out of frustration, made a minstrel tried for the name danger as in the sogn danger danger high voltage as i cudnt get it out of my head (!!!) but take, so tried warnings, taken then out of despair warningz, hey presto, i got me armour etc and becoz this was 1 of my 1st tiems in camelot i walked out of the wrong side of camelot lol, i remember this red misntrel camping out there on top of a hut and whenever i came near he wud try and kill but being a minstrel ofc it was easy to escape, something i instantly liked about the char, after a few times of somewhat playing with this guy i decide to leave, and get lost in alb mainland :p so i ask the red mincer for help, he sends me on my way with a direction and its nice taking in the views (i actually started doing a bit of roleplaying on gray mobs :D as it was a fine day) and i come across this river, here i encounter the 2nd person of the da and also it was a misntrel but this time yellow, he seems a bit clueless and he didnt react but hewas trying to run so killed him, and then i came across him again later lol and as he flamed me before i killed him again and now had 1.2 gold! (and omg i gona be here all night if this is only the 1st day gotta shorten this down from now on) so i finally make my way to cam hills and...i get stuck in the building behind the poison house, dialema, i bind as im getting ganked by someone, die, release, still stuck so i type /stuck..come in, still stuck and im very sad and annoyed about it so log off and go do stuff irl...

A couple of weeks later after being on excal i decide to go back to camlann and try my minstrel, somehow after a bit of messing about i get free! i mess around solo a bit picking on casters and whatnot i think i dinged, and i joined a gank group in it the usual noobs u get and this armsman (baki a russian i later discover) and a erm, whats it called hmm cant remember hibs new toa class but was a champ, (just remembered this wasnt long after toa was released) and they seem the only inteligent ones whoever make it to the regrp spots etc.

At the end of a long day i log off with a guild under my tag (dimensions lol but everyone was in it and they had good gank grps at the time) and a Baki under my friends list.

Next day, about 23/24 baki is online, he has some really nice equip, oh nm this why am i telling u everything u dont wanna know! we pvp with some zergs and get around 26, go df a few times and meet another of my greatest friends, the only guy im still in touch with now, Nizzle a healer, well thats the char i remember him for but not the one he was on for a while.

we make a setup healer, nizzle arms baki and mincer me, this was the defining moment for me, having not much rvr experience from normal servers only a 3.9 rr hero and those rps were fed to me by my nice guild, i probly learnt more about the games in the next few weeks than i did in the 1st few of buying the game. Baki was a brilliant russian guy he pushed u and pushed u, told u everything that was good with ur performance and exactly how to perfect it.

We make an exp guild claled Blind, exp till about 37-8 or so in mid SI, meet a few people, Atlantis who now dont remember, ondskans..some more but 1 day, Baki isnt online, and nizzle told me he quit game, i really dont know why and it was very out of the blue he didnt even say bye but oh well... i wonder what ever happened to him now and then, but so nizzle rolls him self a necro (plbot) and i help with a cleric (blindman) we farmed and made quite some lvls hes a kind guy nizzle, bought some stuff for my minstrel but anyway... Pvp'd solo till about 40 when 1 night on my alt Biggie at the time about 24 and in l33t emerald gear i attacked a enchanter called swoggles and a sorc called twoggles(this is actually ruzdo(twoggles) and his irl mate) i lvl a bit with Swoggles for a few days, god he lvl'd fast and eventually hes high enough to grp with my mincer, this guy was also a bit liek baki i guess, always corrected everyone on mistakes but so we pk'd to about 43 and a bit of pve in CM with soem evil bug using but i wasnt part of that much thats why i didnt get a ban like the others hehe. Anyway, swoggles goes back to mid excal but im still in touch with him and i dont play my minstrel for about 2 months...am busy with SB in pryd. i play a few days with a BD tagoz and his guild, excelent day but lame, ganking 50s made about 25k and 13 bubbles i think, and leave my minstrel again, 2-3 months later core forms, im active with BM atm and leave out warningz but i log him to make a transfer 1day and my old friend swoggles is online, we make exp grp and i ding 44 in ACand remember how much i like my misntrel, i join it in Core and go to varulvahamn along with siphon, invader, ballad grunjedir and we also do some runs in spindel with help of arterius, varulvahamn was completely our dungeon and even at the fall of core i still pk'd the blues and greens in their inbetween exping , made 2 lvls in their and bought 4 99% chain parts and i had shield/weap from what Nizzle my friend bought me, got them all sc'd now and the difference is fenominable but still... i think that leads me up to the present day :D about tiem i bet ur thinking now.... is their an award for longest post on FH? also if u actually read the whole of this u got alot of free time :/

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
barevoose said:
there are various ways to doing things in life u dont have to ask for help with everything, u have ur own brain i presume? which way do u think wud be best fro christ sake :)

u say i have my own brain, but its borrowed :(

and tbh i thought it would b easier 2 play the class and lvl it coz i could learn the class and know what 2 do, but it would b so much slower :(

B

Ballad

Here's the detailed story how your wubly twoll Ballad Baleful was created. Unlike most others here my story doesn't begin on a RvR server. In fact it starts in a completely different MMORPG, EQ.

It was just like a normal patch (scheduled downtime 2, true downtime 6 hours) from SOE: new must-to-have spells added, easy encounters "fixed" and very rare spawns made ultra rare etc. but there was something else. "We have removed the ability to pay via bank transfer due to lack of customers using this way to subscribe". That hit the spot: I had been using that way to pay my subscriptions since year 2000 and even though I had a credit card I wasn't very willing to give SOE my details (there were incidents where SOE "forgot" to stop the automatic renewal etc), so I waved goodbyes to EQ and bought DAoC.

I installed the game, registered my account and logged on. I was shocked to find that there were only 2 english servers, both underpopulated... even the german servers were under 1500 players. Then I looked at the end of the server list.

Something called [PvP]Camlann, 3400 players and an english client. Sounds good! I logged on and made my first character in Midgard: twoll viking named "Ballad". I appeared in a small fort occuppied by twolls... and other players! There were norsemen in leather suits wielding two axes, trolls with huge two-handed hammers and some tiny creatures in cloth robes followed by "underhill allies" and all were fighting with each other! "A Duel competition" I thought and started to explore the area.

The forest around Galpen was really big, dark and scary. All kinds of little beasts running around and fellow twolls whacking them. I decided to try by myself, found a lynx cub and performed "Splitter I" on it. The animation was really cool so I continued exping and dinged level 3 in no time. 3+ the exp seemed really slow so I joined a group consisting of only trolls. It was so fun! We took undead explorers and woodsmen, then goblins which dropped armor! I dinged level 5 and a complete set of tattered leather in about 1½ hours played.

I always wanted to be a "melee bard" so skald was like made for me. Ballad the level 5 Skald... I felt like a powergamer.

I decided to try another place so I paid a whopping amount of 5 silver to get a horse to Anniogel. I found a nice camp near the town with all sorts of little gnomes. I started to pull these "tomte thugs" carefully, it was a bit hard and I died a few times before I learned how to avoid pulling adds. The exp was really nice and I dinged level 6 in 3 hours /played.

I was seeking for a new camp when a very purple player in uber looking dyed chain hailed me. "Kill me plz" he said. I replied with a simple "How?". "Turn /safety off" he told me. I did and started to whack him with my bronze double bladed axe. He sat down and removed his armor but it still took me 5 minutes to kill him. I was shocked to see the results. 11 bubs of exp (taking me to 7), 780 rp's and 12 gold!! I was so rich, rich and rich! I headed to Anniogel and bought a set of very nice looking studded armor and a two-handed axe. Pwnage!

The fun didn't last for long though. I went back to the tomte encampment and found out that a Thane has taken my spot. I was going to suggest grouping with him when blue lightning started to hit me. It took me some time to realize that the thane was attacking me. Those moments of pondering were fatal though and I ended up dying to a blue con Thane. Argh. :(

Soon I realized what Camlann was about. I took a horse to Vasudheim and bang, an arrow hit me for 375 damage. I sent a message to my ex-groupmate asking what to do. He told me to /release city and try Albion, the Promised Land.

I /released city and hurrah! I was in Jordheim. It took me a while to figure the layout of the city but after 30 minutes searching I found the medallion master. I bought a medallion and ported to Camelot.

Camelot was easier to figure out than Jordheim so I entered Camelot Hills in no time. I didn't get far before a nice ice wizard got my ass. On the timer I got to Prydwen Keep Bridge. I took a task so I headed out to Salisbury for my target. I never got there though. Soon after leaving PKB I got stabbed by a SB. I tried again: zerker + minstrel this time. I got fed up and /released city again and tried Hibernia this time. I got a nice group at the water beetles but it broke up soon and I got PK'd again. Finally I found a quiet spot near TNN gates. After some hard grinding I managed to level 8 but on my way to train I got zeged by a full group of naked lurikeen stalkers. Suddenly I didn't want to play on Camlann anymore. :eek:

I tried Excalibur and found a great friend there. :wub: Several months later we both moved to Camlann and I remade Ballad. This time it went better. I got to level 40 before ended up rerolling again.

I never had the determination to stick with one character. Maybe that's why I don't have a 50 here. Anyway I'm enjoying DAoC (not as much as I used to though) and had a good time writing this story. I hope you enjoyed it too. :)

living

Fledgling Freddie
Ballad said:
:eek7:

a) They were Requiem.

b) One of the stealthers we killed was the GM.

c) Eek has kinda harsh tone.

d) Ofc they didn't "chain" us, just tried to (we left after the second kill).

e) You either didn't read my post or have very bad sense of humour.

Hrash tone? :> nah i just kill whatever has a reward on it and tend to whine back way worse than what they sent me ending in me being ignored and chained by a fg :>

B

Ballad

living said:
Hrash tone? :> nah i just kill whatever has a reward on it and tend to whine back way worse than what they sent me ending in me being ignored and chained by a fg :>
God I miss those times. :(

Wirey

Fledgling Freddie
started when it came out, with a enchanter Machinehead and theurg Erhy, only low levels after that made a Friar up to lvl 39 called Ctx, but from then i got chained because i was green, i've had many breaks from camlann thats why i was never 50 quick, so i decided a Nightshade with stealth and Diamondback can help and DD's to interupt ppl, i got to 21 then stopped for 1month, restarted and got to 32, then 2 week break due to acount closed then a few good guilds came around such as Rare, i got a few levels with them. and made 50 in no time big thanks to Sevalith :p

Taniko

Fledgling Freddie
Wirey said:
started when it came out, with a enchanter Machinehead and theurg Erhy, only low levels after that made a Friar up to lvl 39 called Ctx, but from then i got chained because i was green, i've had many breaks from camlann thats why i was never 50 quick, so i decided a Nightshade with stealth and Diamondback can help and DD's to interupt ppl, i got to 21 then stopped for 1month, restarted and got to 32, then 2 week break due to acount closed then a few good guilds came around such as Rare, i got a few levels with them. and made 50 in no time big thanks to Sevalith :p
And after you getting L50, you might consider getting some english lessons :p

Wirey

Fledgling Freddie
im from england ;p just cba typing all correct words

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom