How are warlocks? etc...

Calo

Part of the furniture
mooi.JPG

now on a serious note.
What u guys think of Vampire's/bainshee's/heretics/thane2005(hi dorin)?

atm heretics are nasty interrupters
bainshee's are some freaky class with ae bolts O_0
thane2005 seems like well.. err a thane :p

and then we got Vampire's perhaps the best solo class? I only saw them in BG so i dont how it is in BIG rvr but in bg they own everything, even my OP warlock if i dont have everything up.
Think they will be a very tricky class for sb/infil/ns.

oh and yes Warlocks are OP and we know it, lets not make 5000 page's about that!

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Calo said:

oh and yes Warlocks are OP and we know it, lets not make 5000 page's about that![/QUOTE]

Warlocks are op :p

On serious note,they good against casters but anyone who survire trought chambers aka tanks get some easy rp's after :p

Xzynia

Fledgling Freddie
Heard from at buddy who plays on US that banshees is major bugged, when taking towers they can attack ppl inside by spamming cone shit through the entrance in the side of the tower. My m8 was kinda confused when doors was at 98% but 15 ppl on bottom lvl was kiled :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Vampiirs are a really fun class, especially because you don't have to bother about loading up your BB account on your laggy secondary computer. ;) Also, as you say, they do very well in the BGs--I didn't lose a single 1v1s when I was there, even against Warlocks, and I started my Thidranki career as a L21. Overpowered? Don't know. They might attract some stealther whines (but then again, stealthers whine about everything), but they will not have the same impact as pre-nerf Savages did in gank groups, that is for sure. :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
bainshees have some bugs which make them hideously overpowered in certain situations ;)

warlocks are hideously overpowered but getting toned down soon...
(the chamber+uninterruptable death isn't really there in the BGs as you'll only have one or at most two chambers and your UI lifetap will be crap and cost 50% mana... but the dots are evil in the BGs)

vampiirs are only superb soloers in the bgs because it's rare that anyone has a buffbot... they're not bad though.

heretic's ain't that great at interrupting... far better classes for that (anything with aoe amnesia for instance or instas that are longer than 700 range that you can actually use on the move)

They are fun to level in pve though ... the nukes are unlikely to ever hurt anyone in RvR... at least not after people know what they look like. But it's another healer for alb groups (that won't be healing) which is always handy.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
i think the only really overpowered cata class is the warlock

heretic monster rez can be a pain from what I have read (but never actually saw it myself) - it can be combated by using the band of stars shapeshift on the monster or the battlemaster ml10 style; DI on a second class is nice but I think the impact on RvR (especially) on fg RvR will be minimal

I don't know much about valkyries tbh but making a good tank class for midgard is kinda hard due to the competition there ;) not many of those are expected to be seen

vampiirs are ofc overpowered in BGs since they are perma buffed; not sure how it will pan out in real RvR but I don't think they are anywhere nearly as overpowered as bonedancers, sorcs, minstrels and warlocks are in 1vs1

bainshees imo is mainly a zerg killer class - the whole idea of the class is massive aoe damage with little defense (no 1500 range single target CC for example). As for the bug: afaik the problem is that the center point for the cone DD (and bolt) is slightly in front of the bainshee - so when a bainshee is standing for example at a window she can in some cases hit people that are behind the wall and out of los to other casters

warlocks... good old overpowered insta class in the tradition of previous midgard expansion classes

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
vampiir isn't really overpowered :)

things like the highest lvl hot (maybe) and the fumble debuff (definitely) need a change - but other than that, it's a fine class.. let it build up power = you die, don't give it the chance to build up power = they drop like a sack of shit

agree with garba about warlock being the only real overpowered class, its insane and everyone knows it, shrug :)

saw a monster rez the other day for the first time, gawd its annoying :D but nothing near overpowered

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Xzynia said:
Heard from at buddy who plays on US that banshees is major bugged, when taking towers they can attack ppl inside by spamming cone shit through the entrance in the side of the tower. My m8 was kinda confused when doors was at 98% but 15 ppl on bottom lvl was kiled :)

Great, more bugs, thanks Mythic...

The not so funny part about this is that it will be abused here for 6 months before we get the not so hot "hotfix" :puke:

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
Downanael said:
Warlocks are op :p

On serious note,they good against casters but anyone who survire trought chambers aka tanks get some easy rp's after :p

Thing is, you can't survive even as a tank. With 2300 hp and 22 matter resists a warlock could still kill my pala and some sorc passing by. Ive also seen a warlock kill a rr9 merc rr10 wiz and rr4 arms in an instance (2nd 2 were kill by his pb - *i think* when they were chasing him)

Vampiirs are cool! Almost wish I was a hib!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
nah the bainshee bug that isn't caught in 1.75 (the others being that the anti-arrow thing blocks oil and that magic ablative stacks via croc tear ring to make 20+ hibs pretty much magic immune) is that a focus aoe when standing next to a tower wall facing the door will hit people outsidfe the wall the moment someone peeks through - apparently the ranged work like that, if you have one valid target anyone else in the radius gets hit...

of course the bainshee faoe radius happens to include the entire front of the tower _outside_ as well as around the muppet that staggered/lagged through the door.

And no dropoff on a FAE ;) makes for a superb cheesetactic.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
The 50% fumble should really move up to 4X VE Spec. That will help VE spec vamps for less resists. At the moment it stands at 32 VE, you can realise the resist rates on that :(

edit: I'm using the 30% one which you can spam till it lands in contrast to the 50% one which you can only use every 15 secs ;)

Yunio

Fledgling Freddie
Can't say much about the bainshee, only met 1 twice yesterday and to be honest didn't really have the time to see what it did, be it we lost both fights :p , but uncertain what the impact was of the bainshee

Vampii really nice class I think, met a few in thid, annoying to go mano a mano with perfect solo class me thinks.

Warlocks are a bit to much especially with shitty matter resist :mad: got to get a new template ASAP!. The only solo class that can eat through DI and still enabling you to do heals on a grp member when encountered solo with a group. ( or maybe we should had stun it actually ) :p

Heretics, nice gfx, monsterres is cool. so funny to let them run into a crowd and then jump after them.

Thane 2k5.. havent seen one yet :(

Overall: maybe the warlocks need a little bit toning down ( which will happen )
and the rest is ok as it seems! but ofcourse its still to early to say

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
Vampiirs are awesome, love the way they look and work. And I agree with Flimgoblin among others that they are ace in bg's, it's hard to compete with a buffed class with utility, will be interesting to see how they work at 50 against fully buffed tanks/light tanks. Finally something my warrior will be really good at killing.... :flame:

I just love Heretics as well, they look really evil when they start doing their flashy stuff, and from what ive experienced in bg's they DO hurt, maybe not the first two ticks, but after that its pain :) Absolutely not as good as vamp/banshee(yes i know it's spelled bainshee but i choose to resent that)/lock

Valkyries.... haven't tried one, just grouped with one very briefly in bg1. Nothing unique really imo, doubt it'll be the weapon of choice among our many tanks.

Saw a vidd with banshees (shush I tell you!), they seem to really chew ppl alive with that focus ( i think?) dd... Seems like a very good class so far, haven't had too much experiences with them tho

And warlocks :D Ok they deserve a nerf, but theyre very fun to play with many different options and strategies. And to all that keep whining about it being a onebutton class, try one and see for yourselves, you got loads of choices to make (do i need a dd/lt chamber and a dd/dot in case he manages to get into the tower, or should i perhaps use 2 lt's in case i get caught by a stealther? dd/pb with other locks vs zerg? Or maybe an insta spread or two will be best for the moment? keep in background and powless spreadheal or extend range dot's on besiegers? (is that even a word? :D))
But sure, firing a chamber or two is very easy and effective
BUT you need TWO buttons or maybe even THREE depending on the amount of chambers!

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
wittor said:
can't we talk about sm's just for Dorin :(

aye warlocks ruining those precious "omfg 50%+ intercept nerf tard sms" threads :[

i hate wajlock :[

Ging

Part of the furniture
i pwn blue mobs with my buffed scout in pve!!!!!!!! sometimes i only need to shoot them 6 or 7 times - i wock!!!!

on a more serious note, the WL may be OP but they are so easily identified i dont give them more than 10 sec life span, especially as they can cast uninterupted, they will certainly be on my list of kill firsts after CC'ers.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Calaclya said:
on a more serious note, the WL may be OP but they are so easily identified i dont give them more than 10 sec life span, especially as they can cast uninterupted, they will certainly be on my list of kill firsts after CC'ers.

The problem is those 10 secs and the damage they can do in that time

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Dorin said:
aye warlocks ruining those precious "omfg 50%+ intercept nerf tard sms" threads :[

i hate wajlock :[

:( :( :(

i hate them both! :(

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Calaclya said:
i pwn blue mobs with my buffed scout in pve!!!!!!!! sometimes i only need to shoot them 6 or 7 times - i wock!!!!

Good luck.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
the magical ablative on bainshee is far from overpowered, its quite neat. But 300 damage absorb every 30 seconds aint rly overpowered :p

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Mastade said:
the magical ablative on bainshee is far from overpowered, its quite neat. But 300 damage absorb every 30 seconds aint rly overpowered :p

Yeah, right! Especially with croc ring!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Mastade said:

300 damage (after resists) off the first nuke on everyone in your group?

gifv :p

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
300 damage (after resists) off the first nuke on everyone in your group?

gifv :p

I think it works with percentages like ablavative and not like that... :)

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Ilienwyn said:
I think it works with percentages like ablavative and not like that... :)

it absorbs 100% damage - so if you get nuked for 2 x 250 the first hit would deal 0 damage and the second 200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom