How are warlocks? etc...

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
it absorbs 100% damage - so if you get nuked for 2 x 250 the first hit would deal 0 damage and the second 200.

Well, just checked Camelot Herald and found this:

Buff (Ablative Armor)
Adds to the target's hit points temporarily (which are used to absorb damage, up to 25% of each individual hit).

So, what is it after all? :)

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Ilienwyn said:
Well, just checked Camelot Herald and found this:

Buff (Ablative Armor)
Adds to the target's hit points temporarily (which are used to absorb damage, up to 25% of each individual hit).

So, what is it after all? :)

herald is wrong - it absorbs 100% damage
herald also says baseline dd is 2.6s while it's actually 2.8s etc etc

Kwidz

Fledgling Freddie
its nothing wrong with warlocks.. nerf sorcs imo..

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
herald is wrong - it absorbs 100% damage
herald also says baseline dd is 2.6s while it's actually 2.8s etc etc

Haha, ok. Like herald is ever right :D

Palemos

Fledgling Freddie
have a 50 warlock myself.. and i can not agree that its OP at all
all i can do mainly is rely on my 2 or 3 chambers and about 3 uninterupptable
casts( witch most often im dead before i get to use anyways) there are so many downsides with warlocks that they need the extra power...

ofcourse i might add that it gets easier if i see enemy on range straight ahead.. but that does really not happen much and on excalibur there sure arent much soloing exept stealthers witch kill a warlock pretty easy

Dorimor1

Banned
The most ovpowered BG class? Vampiir without a doubt, at that time a Warlock's chambers do kinda shite damage and Heretics are nothing special, though I have no experience how these classes are in real RvR so I can't really contribute much to this discussion ..
Oh and something that annoys me is the fact that people say warlocks are OP without even encountering one, or seeing them in PvE.

People just look on paper and say 'Oooh they must be an OP class'. I can tell you that at an extent they are OP, but please stop making false theories. Yes there are OP? but not mega-extreme OP like perhaps savagers were or bonedancers are

Calo

Part of the furniture
well oke, fix warlocks a bit

but really, check vampire's & bainshee's also as they seem to be.. well very strong!

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Calo said:
well oke, fix warlocks a bit

but really, check vampire's & bainshee's also as they seem to be.. well very strong!

Leave vamps as they are , qq

vintervargen

Banned
vamps are OP 1vs1, but...

vintervargen said:
Mythic does not #care for any balancing-issues regarding solo characters ability or inability in any situations whatsoever (exception beeing dragonfang).​

majik

Banned
Warlocks require less skill than a bonedancer and can insta kill targets.

Instead of making new classes, mythic should fix ones they've already fucked up beyond belief but as a wise man once said:

vintervargen said:
Mythic does not #care for any balancing-issues regarding solo characters ability or inability in any situations whatsoever (exception beeing dragonfang).

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Warlocks are good. They're deffinitely the new supreme casters, even ousting sorcerers, if they're chambered. If not sorc still rules all ofc.

Vamps...well, I have to say I think these are a bit too powerful. They're a dream to play and alot of fun , but they're hardly the fairest class. Their HoT is too good, and from what I've read their self haste and magical attacks have just been increased in the US (down to a bug that was making them less than intended). Anyway, their HoT is way to good, their instant interrupt is death to any caster without MoC2 or 3, and even a tank that's just hammered them to bits can still lose a fight with a small amount of bad luck. The climb walls is annoying. Did anyonre read the repot about some vamps taking a keep without even taking the outer doors down? Madness I tell you.

Overall, I say I love this class to play with. Its like the class you end up with at the end of the 1-player RPGs that we all used to play - when you have all the magic items, and have levelled all the times you can and replayed the game over again with same toon to get even MORE xp :) - but I don't think in its present state it has any place in the game. It's too good.

Bainshees, don't have a lot of experience with. Seen a few in the BGs but more just watch tne for abit to see what they do and then die from some kinda howling thing. They move cool though. :)

Heretics - these look awesome on paper but pale into insignificance against the Vamp and Lock but are probably better than Bainshee and Valk.

Valk's are dog shit. They need 1h spears or soem kind of bonus to their End. Three attacks and you're OOE and they don't have anything in the way of defense. Unless you go S/S spec but then whats the point? :)

Just my opinions.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Palemos said:
have a 50 warlock myself.. and i can not agree that its OP at all
all i can do mainly is rely on my 2 or 3 chambers and about 3 uninterupptable
casts( witch most often im dead before i get to use anyways) there are so many downsides with warlocks that they need the extra power...

ofcourse i might add that it gets easier if i see enemy on range straight ahead.. but that does really not happen much and on excalibur there sure arent much soloing exept stealthers witch kill a warlock pretty easy

get off the gray items and staff without bonuses on.

Warlocks are sick fucks that mauls trough my 2600 hp merc with all capped resist like it was butter.

The nerf doesnt help shit over at lanc. cause the warlocks all zerg intheir oceanus armor and send u chambers til u die.

and if you are unfortunate to find a higher rrwarlock with toa sc you press charge+sprint and get the fuck outta there.

charge works as sos when u wanna live from locks=]

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
RS|Phil said:
Valk's are dog shit. They need 1h spears or soem kind of bonus to their End. Three attacks and you're OOE and they don't have anything in the way of defense. Unless you go S/S spec but then whats the point? :)

Just my opinions.

Because 90% of the midgard pop doesnt have a shaman end bot? :m00:

Kais

Banned
RS|Phil said:

Just my opinions.

lw heros/champs have the same problem I guess, if its so much of a problem spec sword to 50 and respec..

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
The nerf doesnt help shit over at lanc. cause the warlocks all zerg intheir oceanus armor and send u chambers til u die.

heheugotchambered? :(

Palemos

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
get off the gray items and staff without bonuses on.

Warlocks are sick fucks that mauls trough my 2600 hp merc with all capped resist like it was butter.

and if you are unfortunate to find a higher rrwarlock with toa sc you press charge+sprint and get the fuck outta there.

charge works as sos when u wanna live from locks=]

I have traldors and im not wearing crappy gray items..
make a warlock yourself and you will see what i mean

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Chimaira said:
Because 90% of the midgard pop doesnt have a shaman end bot? :m00:

Yes, and having an end bot is so much help when he's at Svasud on in a keep and you're out fighting :twak: The end buff is range limited since .. oh... 1.61 or something.

w heros/champs have the same problem I guess, if its so much of a problem spec sword to 50 and respec..

True, though active bards are more common than active shamans to be fair. Especially if you're talking BGs.

The thing is, if you're gonna spec sword/shield with a valk you'll have gimped melee dmg since sword on mid is 100% strength, whereas spear is 50% dex/str. The problem would go away if they'd add in 1h spears... not a huge request imo.

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Platin said:
Ive also seen a warlock kill a rr9 merc rr10 wiz and rr4 arms in an instance (2nd 2 were kill by his pb - *i think* when they were chasing him)

Amenion, myself and Xandro that was.

2600 hps with 24% matter resist, the Warlock was RR4 :wanker:

-TDA-Shaki

Fledgling Freddie
Jarahl said:
Amenion, myself and Xandro that was.

2600 hps with 24% matter resist, the Warlock was RR4 :wanker:

My heart bleeds............ dont know how many times i have been 2 shotted by xandro, 2 bolts is insta death as quick as a warlock, so quit whining, being higher rr dont make you invincible.

Just because a warlock took out 3 albs 1 after another they cry, when a sorc takes out a fg with mezz LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT etc they dont scream nerf or whine then.

Its about time mid got a class that can effectivley outcast a 1sec casting buffed iconnu. In 2 patches time after the incoming nerf we will still see how the warlocks fare.

-TDA-Shaki said:
Just because a warlock took out 3 albs 1 after another they cry, when a sorc takes out a fg with mezz LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT etc they dont scream nerf or whine then.

they do :touch:

Puppet

Part of the furniture
-TDA-Shaki said:
My heart bleeds............ dont know how many times i have been 2 shotted by xandro, 2 bolts is insta death as quick as a warlock, so quit whining, being higher rr dont make you invincible.

Typical Midgard way of balancing: I've been 2-shotted on my caster; we must have a class who can 2-shot.... A FRIGGING TANK.

As common as a Dark SM doing FG with mezz and LT LT LT LT LT LT intercept intercept intercept LT LT LT LT INTERCEPT etc..

Get purge.

Its about time mid got a class that can effectivley outcast a 1sec casting buffed iconnu. In 2 patches time after the incoming nerf we will still see how the warlocks fare.

I guess Inconnu's magically have a faster casting time then Kobolds . I now see the reason why Midgard needs the WL

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
-TDA-Shaki said:

Tell me one place in my post where I said Sorc wasent OP. Please, point out one thing that says that. You really are sad if you dont see how OP a class is when it can take out 2 TANKS and 1 caster, without even croud control. Pfff

Belomar

Part of the furniture
-TDA-Shaki said:
when a sorc takes out a fg with mezz LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT etc they dont scream nerf or whine then.
Eh, yes, they do. :rolleyes: ALL THE TIME!

Lethul

FH is my second home
Dorin said:
aye warlocks ruining those precious "omfg 50%+ intercept nerf tard sms" threads :[

i hate wajlock :[

90%+ you mean :p

Calo

Part of the furniture
Jarahl said:
Tell me one place in my post where I said Sorc wasent OP. Please, point out one thing that says that. You really are sad if you dont see how OP a class is when it can take out 2 TANKS and 1 caster, without even croud control. Pfff

well if a rr 4 warlock took u 3 out...

u surely did something wrong..

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
Both sorcs and warlocks are op! But warlocks are worse :p

Tilda

The fact is, you can interupt a wizards 2 insta-death bolts, whereas you cant interupt a warlock.
If I mez a warlock, i'm lucky, however once I break mez, im going to get insta interupted by 800+ points of damage, and then hit with uninteruptable casts until I die.
To counter this I either need to have a stunning class with me to so he cant dump his chambers on me, or I need to MoC and get very lucky timing with lifetaps so that I life through his initial damage. Once you live through chambers its just a matter of duking it out, 1. sec lifetaps vs 2(?) sec casted DD's/lifetaps. Which tbh a sorc should win.
However, if a warlock gets the jump on you, or purges your mez, you better moc and pray for a luck crit, or resist from you or else you're going down.

Tilda

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom