How über nerfed are Warlocks now ? Reroll bd or ?

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Sigh...read the posts before answere it makes it so much easier...

Kanim said:
if a bainshee cones you for 500-800 dmg with the cone nuke you have a shit template without capped resists and thus deserve to be farmed. A good example of this is the warlock that posted above you complaining qama 2 shotted him with 2x 650 nukes, again this player seems to have crap resists so cannot expect to live through any buffed caster with a pretty much opted toa template nuking him twice. Bainshee has no insta dmg spells, the most overpowering thing about them is the uninteruptable taunt, the only other thing making them overpowered is crap players getting cowned by them and complaining. Warlocks are op imo due to the fact they cast pretty much every spell they have as instas or as uninteruptable spells which is just plain stupid.

oh and if all the mids roll fotm surely they were pwning with their bds long before the arrival or the warlock?

Sigh...could you please read the posts before answering not just the heads! Its annoying to have to repeat oneself over and over again because of lazy readers with no clue. I already wrote that I have capped resists + red resists buff when Im out running...

But then again you might have some special GOA resist bonus that Im not aware off...but hey thats just you then...not the rest of us so we have to make due with the 50% resists that are available.

Body 26% + 24% red aughealer resists (Well actually run with both red aughealer and red augshammy resists and the only resist in my template that isnt capped is matter which is at 16% and hardly banshee damage). And Qama still managed to do the following damage:

So please check your facts before ranting and read the posts.

A class that has longer than the usual pbae range shouldnt be getting this high damage output on their ae spells. Its simple. Range + ae + high damage is way to good.

You cant compare any single caster to that, simply because single casters dont affect the meta game as the ae effect will. You dont kill a serg with a BD or a warlock or even a baselinestun caster. You can wipe a serg with pbae but then you have to get close and dirty. Which a banshee should have to do too, get in close I mean.

/Charmangle

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
Sigh...could you please read the posts before answering not just the heads! Its annoying to have to repeat oneself over and over again because of lazy readers with no clue. I already wrote that I have capped resists + red resists buff when Im out running...

But then again you might have some special GOA resist bonus that Im not aware off...but hey thats just you then...not the rest of us so we have to make due with the 50% resists that are available.

Body 26% + 24% red aughealer resists (Well actually run with both red aughealer and red augshammy resists and the only resist in my template that isnt capped is matter which is at 16% and hardly banshee damage). And Qama still managed to do the following damage:

A class that has longer than the usual pbae range shouldnt be getting this high damage output on their ae spells. Its simple. Range + ae + high damage is way to good.

You cant compare any single caster to that, simply because single casters dont affect the meta game as the ae effect will. You dont kill a serg with a BD or a warlock or even a baselinestun caster. You can wipe a serg with pbae but then you have to get close and dirty. Which a banshee should have to do too, get in close I mean.

/Charmangle

Perhaps you can read that:

THIS WAS NO AOE SPELL.

The highest damage you can achieve with a cone is around 500-600 against 0% resistances. Even the baseline DD can't hit for that much if you have body resist at 50% unless it have been good critical hits.

But I guess it's easier to talk down a wall than getting you to actually think about the circumstances...

Bloodclot

Banned
no way banshee's can kill zergs. If you die alot against cones get some resists and some smarter playstyle.

we duoing alot with bard+banshee(qama) we often mezz ppl at gate and go in for a cone bomb. boltcone + cone dd. maybe 1 or 2 casters will drop if there are 10mids/albs there. there are always smart ppl to spam face+insta. or if you don't have insta's.

if you want zerg killing you need banelord8 1 or2 and a twf3 + ae (cone or pbaoe) wich we have in our fg. but if you get mezzed, pan fkn arround with your cam and expect a banshee inc. select him and spam /face + insta. i have seen lots of casters survive bolt+cone. if a banshee can cone more against the zerg, don't blame the banshee cause of the stupidness of that zerg.

on mid our fg can whipe static zergs with a bonedancer/zerker/rm +support and a leeching noob rr11 sm.

oh and on ppl with red bodyresists and capped template resists. qama does 350ish damage. bullshit if ppl say that qama hits for 600+ on resists+capped resists.

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
I kept saying that for 3 pages now. He even won't listen to someone playing that class...

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
thats not true, bainshees DD delves for 340+. At least thats wot all these nubs are saying if they have 50% bodyresists. Hell my chanters DD delves for 1512 and I instakill heavy tanks tbfh! Need to debuff though.

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
thats not true, bainshees DD delves for 340+. At least thats wot all these nubs are saying if they have 50% bodyresists. Hell my chanters DD delves for 1512 and I instakill heavy tanks tbfh! Need to debuff though.

The cone bolt delves for 376. If you take the pre-nerf list from the US beta. :D

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodclot said:
with the insta rvr. i have seen ppl run alot on very high resists.
Maybe its just my stupidity but I've never liked to get resist buffs from bb, apart when we hadn't got any cleric with resist buffs :p

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Sorcerer vs Warlock. Sorcerer mez warlock, if warlock has purge up then youre kinda dead. If not, walk behind him, start nuking like hell and hope for the best, most of the time you´ll die.

Btw, what does delve mean ? Any word for it in swedish ?

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
fettoken said:
Sorcerer vs Warlock. Sorcerer mez warlock, if warlock has purge up then youre kinda dead. If not, walk behind him, start nuking like hell and hope for the best, most of the time you´ll die.

Delve is the basic power of a spell just like it is listed. It's the plain information about it without modifiers like casting stat, level etc. Damage of casts can be easily compared with that as the other values may be different on each character but will likely be similar on equally equipped chars. Maximum damage for a spell is 3 times delve + ToA and MoM bonuses.

Btw. If a sorc mezzes a warlock from the view of the warlock -> last attacker (or klick the sorc) -> face -> chamber + UI Lifetap (+repeat) -> dead sorc, at least if the warlock isn't completely incompetent. The only chance of killing him without stun or nearsight is taking him down before he has the time to react on it.

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
fettoken said:

Delve in this case.

Styrka, kraft eller effekt.

How powerfull the spell is in its basic form.

Kanim

Banned
charmangle said:

/Charmangle

for a caster to get 3x crits running with wp3 would be lucky, for 2 of those crits to be identical the chances are remote to say the least, for him to nuke you for that dmg there is no way you were running on 50% body resists, I have a rr8 darkspec rm (with similar if not the same dmg ra's as qama) so I know how hard casters hit on what resists and I can assure you on 50% resists its lucky to surpass 400 dmg without crits. The cone nuke is not designed to be a pbae nuke, it is a ae frontal nuke with no falloff but suffers from a reduced range compared to other ae nukes. Bainshee also needs to get close to kill anything with cone, take into account the fact that most zergs will attempt to move from the cone area after the first nuke meaning to have any chance to kill anything the bainshee will need to be pretty close leaving it as vulnrable to melee/bl shitinterupts as any other caster in that situation.

also some corrections, you can wipe a zerg with a bd, ml2 + ml8 bl + twf3 should see quite a few people die. Warlock has a 300+ delve pbae too which you can cast uninteruptable meaning it can kill zergs too.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
This is how a argumentative comment should look like

Bloodclot said:
no way banshee's can kill zergs. If you die alot against cones get some resists and some smarter playstyle.

we duoing alot with bard+banshee(qama) we often mezz ppl at gate and go in for a cone bomb. boltcone + cone dd. maybe 1 or 2 casters will drop if there are 10mids/albs there. there are always smart ppl to spam face+insta. or if you don't have insta's.

if you want zerg killing you need banelord8 1 or2 and a twf3 + ae (cone or pbaoe) wich we have in our fg. but if you get mezzed, pan fkn arround with your cam and expect a banshee inc. select him and spam /face + insta. i have seen lots of casters survive bolt+cone. if a banshee can cone more against the zerg, don't blame the banshee cause of the stupidness of that zerg.

on mid our fg can whipe static zergs with a bonedancer/zerker/rm +support and a leeching noob rr11 sm.

oh and on ppl with red bodyresists and capped template resists. qama does 350ish damage. bullshit if ppl say that qama hits for 600+ on resists+capped resists.

Well first off...this is what an argumentative comment should look like Adianna. I respond in kind....when you use harsh/abusive ways to express yourself thats what you get back. Hence the tone in the response.

But to the arguments...well Qama did take out 3 of us at the same time (after your very nice mess ofc:) So either it was cone or it was very very fast nuking (which ofc isnt impossible since the graphic effects when you are hit are the same).

But that has almost nothing to do with the point...

I try to point out what this argument is about but Adianna purposly it seems tries to avoid the point by brining up side issues. (Why I wonder).

The high delving ae damage of a banshee SHOULD not be in the game. And it makes them by FAR the most OP char in game. Not by them selves and not 1 vs 1 etc. (they are as any caster quite evenly matched in 1 vs 1) But when you have 3-4 banshees comming with speed on a serg, you will have a wiped serg. This is due to the fact that they dont have to get close enough for the serg to simply take them out. And they do WAY to much damage at that range.

If you argument is that Banshees doesnt already have this high damage ae or that it delves for the damage I say, then why would you mind that I propose their AE damage to be nerfed to match the other aecasters ? They have the same amount of utilities etc. Why should they have more damage on their ae ?

And last but not least...Qama DID hit me for the damage I said (i have a screen shot of it) vs 49% Body resists (sorry I was wrong earlier checked him he didnt cap body had only 25% sorry about that)

Well when you are running solo with caster and you have aughealer bot and augshammy bot why not use them!:) (Its freaking annoying getting hit by 500-600 damage with your low rr toons so until you get it up to atleast rr 5+ it helps to have nice resists!:)

/Charmangle

ps. Oh and just so there wasnt any missunderstanding. There was no hint of a whine vs Qama or you at all. My hats off to ya for running duo in a serg area...(the deep sloopy hole outside crim). But dont tell me its crap that Qama hits as hard as I tell you when I say he did. (and as I said if you want ill add a screen shot of it...and my resists on that char just to show ya) ds.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Well never the less...

Kanim said:
for a caster to get 3x crits running with wp3 would be lucky, for 2 of those crits to be identical the chances are remote to say the least, for him to nuke you for that dmg there is no way you were running on 50% body resists, I have a rr8 darkspec rm so I know how hard casters hit on what resists and I can assure you on 50% resists its lucky to surpass 400 dmg without crits.

Well what ever you say about it it still was the case...(oh just to get the facts straight though I check him out was only running on 49% Body) but then again that hardly matters...oh and ofc I have screenshot of the damage...but ofc not of the resists!:/ Didnt take the screen shot until after I died...all that know me knows that I always runs on red resists...but then again there is always the OOOOH SO OFF chance that I missed specifically the red body resists...(about a snowballs chance in hell but never the less still a chance. It happens that I do the spells to fast and overwrite with another etc)

But that has absolutly nothing nothing nothing to do with the point!

And stiiiiilll...I dont understand why you choose to respond to something thats beside the point. The point is still...Banshees has way to high damage on their ae with range than any other caster and they in group affect the meta game of rvr MUCH MUCH MUCH more than the 1 kill warlock...the only char that comes close to this affect is the animist. And they both need some kind of lookover...(and im pretty sure everyone that plays mid or alb as their mains in the world has this opinion since they know how it is to be on the recieving end...)

/Charmangle

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
This entire discussion is pretty pointless anyway. It doesn't matter if you convince someone else of your opinion - whatever your particular pov might be. If Mythic decides that Bainshees are overpowered, they'll be 'fixed'. (As in the fixing a vet does, 'snip', 'snip').

The baseline is that casters in generic do sickening much damage in too short a time. Why should a caster be able to kill someone before they can run close and stick a sharp implement into them? Why should a meleer be able to gank any caster that they're able to get into melee?

Ages ago, tanks ruled. Right now casters are on top. With the changes in CC'ing that are coming soon, tanks will be once again on top.

Balance is an illusion. :)

Bloodclot

Banned
Tesla Monkor said:
This entire discussion is pretty pointless anyway. It doesn't matter if you convince someone else of your opinion - whatever your particular pov might be. If Mythic decides that Bainshees are overpowered, they'll be 'fixed'. (As in the fixing a vet does, 'snip', 'snip').

The baseline is that casters in generic do sickening much damage in too short a time. Why should a caster be able to kill someone before they can run close and stick a sharp implement into them? Why should a meleer be able to gank any caster that they're able to get into melee?

Ages ago, tanks ruled. Right now casters are on top. With the changes in CC'ing that are coming soon, tanks will be once again on top.

if a charge tank is BLing his way into a banshee, the banshee gets raped dry insideout.

Bloodclot

Banned
Charmangle, i would like to see the screenshot you made with 50% body resists and 587 damage. no whine just wanna see it.

yesterday qama hit 345 damage with no rezzill on evita. it was like 345(-260) or smth. maybe lots of aom.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Just sent you the message!:)

Bloodclot said:
Charmangle, i would like to see the screenshot you made with 50% body resists and 587 damage. no whine just wanna see it.

yesterday qama hit 345 damage with no rezzill on evita. it was like 345(-260) or smth. maybe lots of aom.

Not sure if the images arrived as they should but send me priv message and well see!:)

/Charmangle

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm...yep you are very in the right!:/

Tesla Monkor said:

Well yea ofc you are in the right here mate! Just venting opinions...:) might have taken it abit far though...in the end well prolly survive the OPness of Banshees too!:) And with the determination patch we will prolly have a whole new set of problems to worry about!:)

/Charmangle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom