How über nerfed are Warlocks now ? Reroll bd or ?

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
Giga said:
now i havent reallly tested the warlock or battlet them since patch so thes is just what i think, on paper its a 30% dmg nerf with they can stil easy insta kill casters and tanks and healers hmm well if they criti maybe or atleast have another nuker to assist, so to come back to the post question na dont reroll unless you feel like it

(255-191)/(255)=25%

Stop saying that it is a 30% nerf....

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
nerfedwarlocks.JPG

I think they may have been overnerfed mateys :)

Btw, I had time to blink when this kill happend, I had 4x% matter with bot resists duno what happend to those :(

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Pudzy said:
nerfedwarlocks.JPG

I think they may have been overnerfed mateys :)

Btw, I had time to blink when this kill happend, I had 4x% matter with bot resists duno what happend to those :(

Same happened to me, not from a Warlock but from a Banshee. Your point being?

Neea

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:

Rapidfire>Bainshee
Rapidfire<Warlock

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:

u can't interupt a WL from nukeing when they have chambers up, but u can still interupt a banishee :touch:

Anarch

Fledgling Freddie
whats whit all this retard scout wajn against warlocks .. imo all scouts deserv to be farmed by warlocks..

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Anarch said:
whats whit all this retard scout wajn against warlocks .. imo all scouts deserv to be farmed by warlocks..

as i said not so long ago, warlock is justified against SCOUT COCKS, though thats the only class which they are.

Anarch

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
as i said not so long ago, warlock is justified against SCOUT COCKS, though thats the only class which they are.
agree

pip

Banned
Elendar said:
nerf warlocks more please :twak:
LOL why ? Too many cross realmers imo they should all be shot allways been a mid will stay one :touch: Would rather leave game than cross realm imo :mad:

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
fettoken said:
Was just wondering how much goa has nerfed you who play Warlocks ? You want to reroll to a bd or somethin ?
GOA didn't do the nerf. Mythic did.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Serious answer

To give the origional poster a serious answer....

I decided not to respec from 42Hex 30WC to test how different RvR was.

As i predicted, i can still destroy most soft targets (Casters / archers etc) if i choose to dump on them.

The only real difference is that Hard targets (Tanks Etc) are far harder to kill now. Even after a full 3 chamber dump, and and a full powerbar on uniterupt, only tanks with crappy resists are down.

So... to sum up... i think i posted a similar reply elswhere...

"You got your nerf... but TBH - It doesnt change much - if a warlock decides you are the one target he is gonna kill, your pretty much F***ed."

As for re rololing, screw that, i intend to stick with the class.

I like my warlock, At R3L2, even though i am running round in my epic armour, and have only lvl 6 traldors, and lvl 6 moon Belt. It alows me to solo when i like, with at least an ok chance to get RP's, and it allows me to contribute to groups when they are available.

-------

- Sanguinne (Warlock)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Urgat said:
I like my warlock, At R3L2, even though i am running round in my epic armour, and have only lvl 6 traldors, and lvl 6 moon Belt. It alows me to solo when i like, with at least an ok chance to get RP's, and it allows me to contribute to groups when they are available.

Read: I dont like putting work in my character, it has worse stats then the typical buffbot but it still pwnz. People aint allowed to whine @ warlocks, they been nerfed so much it sometimes is hard for my RR3 shit equipped warlock to kill a RR7+ tank who's properly equipped.... cmon its balanced !!11

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Warlocks one of the main reasons I quit DAOC, why didn't Mythic learn from the mistakes they made with Bonedancers? idiots

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Puppet said:
Read: I dont like putting work in my character, it has worse stats then the typical buffbot but it still pwnz. People aint allowed to whine @ warlocks, they been nerfed so much it sometimes is hard for my RR3 shit equipped warlock to kill a RR7+ tank who's properly equipped.... cmon its balanced !!11

Actually no.

I work for a living, i have a girlfriend, i have a life outside DAOC. I dont have the time to spend gathering an uber template. IF you want to spend hours upon hours farming stuff for the ultimate template, good for you.

I do not.

I want to log in and have some fun. And since i dont class PvE as fun, i would rather not do it.

I have traldors, and BoM, cos there easy to get. I have my Epic armour on cos i like the look of it, and i have a couple of quest items that are easy to get. Mix in 4 or 5 ROG stuff selected from CM's and i have a functional set of gear that lets me do ok. NOT great, just ok.

I dont have a bot, i dont mind running solo, and i have fun (most of the time)

TO adress your specific comments one by one...

No, it doesnt have bad stats... in fact they are quite good, you dont need to spend hours on an uber template to be cometetive, those that do, have a slight edge... good for them.

People can wine about warlocks as much as they like, i really dont give a shit. It will of course make no difference at all now, because mythic considers them balanced now.

I dont EXPECT to kill RR7 tanks... in fact if fucking run away from them if i can... i dont think its unfair at all. They deserve to rip my ass out.

Yep, i am RR3 atm, no i am not shit equipped, i just havnt spent hours on a template. No one needs to tbh... its just icing on the cake. For any class.

Regarding whether they are balanced or not...

OK, lets get this straight... Warlocks CANNOT insta kill someone without a very very very lucky double uber crit on a chamber.

THe same can be said for other classes... BOlt casters for instance.. i have been one shotted by fir wizards many time, cos there forst bolt got an uber crit.

Not baring crits, the quickest a warlock can kill you is 2 seconds. IE - the time between the first and secoind chambers.

I have lost count of the number of times i have been killed in 2 seconds flat by other casters, who drop 3 nukes in that 2 seconds.

Just face it... we can do the same as other casters... exept we do it in a slightly different way.

There is little point me saying all this though... most of you have made your mind up about 'locks.

Its strange, because i agreed with you all, 'locks WERE very overpowered before the delve reduction, something did need to be done. (no one should be able to 3 shot a red con) NOw they did something, and your still all still moaning about them... once a class has the stigma, ut takes a long time to loose it.

Remember SI and bone dancers? Remember the outcry from albs and hibs about how OP'ed they were? IN time, you all adapted, and learned how to beat em... it will be the same for locks.

Stay cool, have fun.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
I think the insta thing makes all the difference. You talk about speed of killing people, but that's just one on one. When it is a group of people facing another group and your nukers are all warlocks, you get all the initial interrupts in and cannot in turn be interrupted. It's a pretty big advantange.

I dunno whether warlocks are overpowered, since I've not played one. Maybe their advantages are situational, I dunno. Seems like if they are the situations occur pretty frequently.

Then again I am a ani so just about every nuker is very hard for me to take on roaming.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Boggy said:
I think the insta thing makes all the difference. You talk about speed of killing people, but that's just one on one. When it is a group of people facing another group and your nukers are all warlocks, you get all the initial interrupts in and cannot in turn be interrupted. It's a pretty big advantange.

I dunno whether warlocks are overpowered, since I've not played one. Maybe their advantages are situational, I dunno. Seems like if they are the situations occur pretty frequently.

Then again I am a ani so just about every nuker is very hard for me to take on roaming.

Everything in this game is situational. For example.. not 5 mins ago i was just killed By quama before i had even have chance to tap the face key.

2 nukes - 650 damage each, in what seemed like less than a second. He saw me first, got the drop,. and destroyed me totaly. fair play. I am not complaining...

However... should i get the drop on some caster and blow 2 chambers in 2 seconds for a kill... i get wined at... <shrug> seems fairly similar to me.

Anyhow, /waves to peat. thanks for at least bieng civil.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry, I possibly didn't make myself clear. My approach is coloured by the fact I am an animist and therefore I mean a certain thing by situational.

I guess what I should say is that perhaps warlocks' effectiveness is dependent on certain general situations (such as tower defending, keep defending, keep attacking, roaming 8 vs 8, roaming zerg, etc).

I've certainly noticed that whereas before Warlocks existed I would sprint to a tower corner to get out of LoS and set up an attack, now I cannot get there alive. Before warlocks my main threat in that situation was assisting archers, but even then I generally would make it.

Another example is bridge towers. Before Cata you would mainly see Albs lining bridge towers, because the sorc mezz makes it a pretty strong situation for them. You'd see Hibs at the base of bridge towers because shrooms make it strong for us. These days you also see Mids on top of bridge towers a lot because Warlock instas make it hard for people to get near.

Like I said, I can't say if Warlocks are overpowered in general. I think people really need to play a class for a while before making that judgement.

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
yeh to underline the big differance here, warlocks spells are non-interuptable, even after chambers ffs.

regular casters are not.

the only way to counter this is stun which all hib casters have except by all I mean not me as animist.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm...well weather warlocks are still op or not...

Puppet said:

Well isnt it the exact same thing with animists ? For all those keep loggin animists dont need more than crapeq to wipe sergs etc.

Atleast warlocks only kill people 1 by 1 and the effect on the game is minimal. But if you wanna talk over the top, out of the charts most rediculously OverPowered class since release of DAOC its without contest BANSHEEEES!

While warlocks are/Where (not sure there) an instant kill class that takes out 1 target it makes minimal to the metagame of RVR.

BUT Banshees...wipe zergs...having a class that does 500-800 (against capped resists + red resists) damage per 1 sek castingtime 1700 range (with +) ae effect is just rediculous. The only equivalent is if suppsms and icewizards would get 1500 range on their pbae and no damage reduction due to range from caster. That wouldnt either be OP would it ?

Considering that Banshees ae damage is larger effect area its just bizzare that Mythic choose to give them 2 times the damage on the spell as the Runemasters/firewizards get.

So basic conclusion in my humble opinion is that hopefully Mythic sets banshees ae damage to 158 D as a decent nerf. (still making them horrible but atleast lowering their damage from 500-800 to 250-400)

Or as I like to say: There is something rotten in the state of Denmark!

/Charmangle

Puppet

Part of the furniture
charmangle said:
BUT Banshees...wipe zergs...having a class that does 500-800 (against capped resists + red resists) damage per 1 sek castingtime 1700 range (with +) ae effect is just rediculous.

I suggest you look up the AE damage range on the common Bainshee-spec. You will see its around 600-750 range; not 1500 (or 1700)

The only equivalent is if suppsms and icewizards would get 1500 range on their pbae and no damage reduction due to range from caster. That wouldnt either be OP would it ?

It would be very OP; and its a wrong impression you get from Bainshees:

The Cone AE nuke has no Fall-off is a 600 range spell and delves for 176 DD. Bainshees can spec for a 1500 range AE DD but that one has fall-off and delves for 174 DD. No Bainshee has this spec active in RvR on Prydwen; so your complaints are about the SF-bainshees. Their range is 600 (on the AE) and delves for 176.

Considering that Banshees ae damage is larger effect area its just bizzare that Mythic choose to give them 2 times the damage on the spell as the Runemasters/firewizards get.

So first you want to compare the Frontal CAE with PBAE (which delves for a good 320-330 DD on SM/Wiz/Eld/Ench) and now you compare with ranged AE ?

So basic conclusion in my humble opinion is that hopefully Mythic sets banshees ae damage to 158 D as a decent nerf. (still making them horrible but atleast lowering their damage from 500-800 to 250-400)

This shows you aint informed. The AE-nuke from Bainshees delves as DD174-176 (depending on spec). Dropping DD175 ---> DD158 doesnt lower their damage with 50% as you impose.

Or as I like to say: There is something rotten in the state of Denmark!

/Charmangle

I like to say: please get some information about the bainshee before you scream nerf.

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
BUT Banshees...wipe zergs...having a class that does 500-800 (against capped resists + red resists) damage per 1 sek castingtime 1700 range (with +) ae effect is just rediculous. The only equivalent is if suppsms and icewizards would get 1500 range on their pbae and no damage reduction due to range from caster. That wouldnt either be OP would it ?

Uhm well... I have 1650 range with my baseline DD. Maximum hit against no resists is 758. Usual hit against an average level 50 target (without resists) is 625. Now if you've got capped resists + red resist buffs, you've 16+24 = 40% resistance meaning that my baseline DD with 223 delve - the second strongest single target DD in the game, 25% stronger than the strongest ranged AoE DD - will hit you for 375 (558 with maximum crit) at 1.12 seconds minimum casting time.

Now IF a bainshee is 50 Etheral Shriek specced (I don't know any bainshee that actually is), she has a bolt she can use once every 20 secs that'll hit for a little more - 30% more than the Baseline DD, which isn't useful with that spec any more - That takes us to a hit of 487 without critical every 20 seconds (maximum critical in that case: 726) ... so you say you die from a hit of 487 - 726 every 20 seconds? Because the AoE will not hit for more than 300 - 450 with capped resists at a maximum range of 1650. Casting time for that AoE is 3 sec, minimum 1.2 sec.

Now most bainshees are specced 49 or 50 Spectral Guard (like myself). So I can hit you with the cone DD for 300 - 450 with your capped resists at a maximum range of 600 with a minimum casting time of 1.2 secs... Now tell me, who's to blame now if you die. I'd not say it's Mythic.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
I suggest you look up the AE damage range on the common Bainshee-spec. You will see its around 600-750 range; not 1500 (or 1700)
Well banshees have 1500 range 350 width this extends with 10% range to 1650 (which I evened out to 1700)
Check it out:
http://daoc.catacombs.com/cbuilder2.cfm?[C]%20Bainshee

Puppet said:
It would be very OP; and its a wrong impression you get from Bainshees:

The Cone AE nuke has no Fall-off is a 600 range spell and delves for 176 DD. Bainshees can spec for a 1500 range AE DD but that one has fall-off and delves for 174 DD. No Bainshee has this spec active in RvR on Prydwen; so your complaints are about the SF-bainshees. Their range is 600 (on the AE) and delves for 176.

Well I base it on every and I mean EVERY banshee you meet out there that has can AEnuke with coneeffect me before my drain life can hit them (only have 1500 range since im not done with that chars template. Meaning they have 1500+150 = 1650 range!) (Example Banshee: Qama) (killed 3 of us simultaneously yesterday outside crim hence aenuke 1500+range)

Puppet said:
So first you want to compare the Frontal CAE with PBAE (which delves for a good 320-330 DD on SM/Wiz/Eld/Ench) and now you compare with ranged AE ?

Well thats easy...as the pbae you will 99% of the time not hit harder than the 174 D. Since its lowering scale of damage meaning that the Banshees hitting for 500-800 on maxed out resists is equal or better than fully toad suppsm. Only difference they have 1500 range and suppsm have 350.
And I think you didnt read the comment well enough there...try...pbae wasnt a comparison it was a remark...ranged ae was a comparison so! Read it and understand it!:)

Puppet said:
This shows you aint informed. The AE-nuke from Bainshees delves as DD174-176 (depending on spec). Dropping DD175 ---> DD158 doesnt lower their damage with 50% as you impose.

Well its quite obvious that you havent got a clue about Banshees in game. A fully toad Runemaster with full Runecarving spec will hit for about 250-400 at absolut max with high RAs AND crit mind you. (The 158 D). A banshee will never hit you for lower than 500 vs max resists and often hit for 600+ and at some occations (critting I suppose) 800). So YES it would lower it by 50%...

Puppet said:
I like to say: please get some information about the bainshee before you scream nerf.

Get your facts straight before you claim me beeing in the wrong. And it wouldnt hurt trying it on the other side either.

You really doesnt seem to get the big picture here. You have a class that over and over again wipe entire raids of 50-80 enemies by them selves. And you still dont get it ? Its the same with animists and you still dont get it ? A class mind you that has a ranged ae damage with an avrage damage of 650 per second cast. Its irrelevant if you say its 600 range or 1500 range the point is that this class will be so much over the top overpowered than any 1 kill warlock that they will not be on the same scale...This kind of damage should in any sane mind be restricted to 300 range centered ae with lowering damage (as any pbae) or to 1 target!

Banshees and Animists impact on the metagame of RvR in NF is so horribly much more than warlocks that its ridiculous to even mention warlocks. (And by that I dont defend the class...instakill classes are bahumbug...but you have to put things in some kind of perspective...)

/Charmangle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom