How über nerfed are Warlocks now ? Reroll bd or ?

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Urgat said:
Actually no.

I work for a living, i have a girlfriend, i have a life outside DAOC. I dont have the time to spend gathering an uber template. IF you want to spend hours upon hours farming stuff for the ultimate template, good for you.

So if you dont want to spend time with PvE just roll a warlock, you kill everything in even crappy stuff, but dont nerf warlocks, its balanced.. hmmmmmmm..

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
Well I base it on every and I mean EVERY banshee you meet out there that has can AEnuke with coneeffect me before my drain life can hit them (only have 1500 range since im not done with that chars template. Meaning they have 1500+150 = 1650 range!) (Example Banshee: Qama) (killed 3 of us simultaneously yesterday outside crim hence aenuke 1500+range)

Get your facts straight before you claim me beeing in the wrong. And it wouldnt hurt trying it on the other side either.

/Charmangle

:touch:

Hello?

Someone there?

THERE IS NO CAE WITH 1650 RANGE.

If you all 3 died to Qama nuking you, you all three were either that completely stupid that she nuked all 3 of you single target or you don't have the slightest clue how far 600 and 1650 units are.

And don't tell me how much damage I can deal if you don't even know the difference between the CAE, the AoE and the single target nuke.

Show me one, only O N E case where a bainshee has CAE nuked you at 1650 range for 800 damage every second with max resists. Will you? Otherwise you should consider not typing something like that ever again.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Ive met some warlocks now and i feel that i at least got a chance, have decent body and cold resists also and can withstand at least 2 of their chambers if they dont do a crit hit.

Off topic: Is it possible to nuke for 450 - 500 dmg even if i got 47 heat resist ? First i got overrun by a fg of hibs with a chanter nuking me for what seems a bit much (497 dmg 2 times a row) thou i had 47 % heat resist, might have been debuffed didnt have time to notice. THen another fg with an zerging bainshee in it nuking me for 400 - 500 dmg thou i had 47 % heat resist too, can you please stop that. I nuke for about 250 - 300 when someone have 40 - 50 % body resist.

Lame to debuff a solo player vs fg ;)

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
fettoken said:
Ive met some warlocks now and i feel that i at least got a chance, have decent body and cold resists also and can withstand at least 2 of their chambers if they dont do a crit hit.

Off topic: Is it possible to nuke for 450 - 500 dmg even if i got 47 heat resist ? First i got overrun by a fg of hibs with a chanter nuking me for what seems a bit much (497 dmg 2 times a row) thou i had 47 % heat resist, might have been debuffed didnt have time to notice. THen another fg with an zerging bainshee in it nuking me for 400 - 500 dmg thou i had 47 % heat resist too, can you please stop that. I nuke for about 250 - 300 when someone have 40 - 50 % body resist.

Cold and body won't help against a warlock...

And the debuffed value of the red heat resist debuff is 62%... even on a soloer you should use debuff or PB AoE... otherwise it'll suck your power dry. :p

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Adianna said:
Cold and body won't help against a warlock...

And the debuffed value of the red heat resist debuff is 62%... even on a soloer you should use debuff or PB AoE... otherwise it'll suck your power dry. :p

62% , omgroflmfaopmpffs !!!!! Oh, just had a look at a cf builder. THeyr all for matter dmg, only thing i got nerfed is matter dmg, only 18 % /:

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
fettoken said:

but mate, we chanters wank over 450-600(+42), we just cant stand 289(-135) and shit like that!

didnt you know??? thou against mids i rarely see (+,,,) :((((( cruel world this is.

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Jeriraa said:
Same happened to me, not from a Warlock but from a Banshee. Your point being?

My point being that this was instant, a bainshee has to fucking cast you clueless little retard therefore being interuptable and me having 2 seconds or so to dodge.

pip said:
All casters can insta kill not just warlocks :twak:

You mean like, a caster with PB and a 50% crit, vs someone with no resists? cos thats the same thing meight ;-D

Puppet

Part of the furniture
charmangle said:
Well banshees have 1500 range 350 width this extends with 10% range to 1650 (which I evened out to 1700)
Check it out:
http://daoc.catacombs.com/cbuilder2.cfm?[C]%20Bainshee

And this spell is in Ethereal Shriek spec-line AND NO BAINSHEE HAS THIS SPEC. SO YOU DONT GET NUKED BY THIS THING.

You get nuked by (AE):

Bawler's Devestation - 600 range DD176 CAE
Thunderous Burst - 600 range AE Bolt DD291

Shattering Pain (single target) - 1500 range DD223

SO YOU READ AGIAN WHAT I SAID: THEY DONT HAVE A 1500 RANGE AE-NUKE UNLES THEY SPEC ETHEREAL-SHRIEK WHICH NO BAINSHEE DOES ON PRYDWEN ATM.

Well I base it on every and I mean EVERY banshee you meet out there that has can AEnuke with coneeffect me before my drain life can hit them (only have 1500 range since im not done with that chars template. Meaning they have 1500+150 = 1650 range!) (Example Banshee: Qama) (killed 3 of us simultaneously yesterday outside crim hence aenuke 1500+range)

That's not an AE-nuke then. As his AE-nukes dont go further then 600 range (and this aint affected by TOA-range bonus btw). If he's AE-nuking/bolting you within 600 range. Well done for prooving you got no clue?

Well thats easy...as the pbae you will 99% of the time not hit harder than the 174 D. Since its lowering scale of damage meaning that the Banshees hitting for 500-800 on maxed out resists is equal or better than fully toad suppsm. Only difference they have 1500 range and suppsm have 350.
And I think you didnt read the comment well enough there...try...pbae wasnt a comparison it was a remark...ranged ae was a comparison so! Read it and understand it!:)

And I say it again: All bainshees you meet in RvR dont have a ranged AE going further range then 600 radius (unless u mean the subspec AE which tickles prolly for 100 as its a level <20 spell)

Well its quite obvious that you havent got a clue about Banshees in game. A fully toad Runemaster with full Runecarving spec will hit for about 250-400 at absolut max with high RAs AND crit mind you. (The 158 D). A banshee will never hit you for lower than 500 vs max resists and often hit for 600+ and at some occations (critting I suppose) 800). So YES it would lower it by 50%...

a bainshee doing an CAE-nuke hits you for DD179 as it does not have fall-off. But that spell is only 600 range. Why compare it with a DD158 AE nuke from a runie who can do that on 1500 range?!

Get your facts straight before you claim me beeing in the wrong. And it wouldnt hurt trying it on the other side either.

LOL. You ARE wrong. You simply think bainshees have all spells listed on the charbuilder, but guess what... bainshees need to spec aswell. And they dont spec the spell you 'think' they use. Typical spec is 49 or 50 spectral-force.

You really doesnt seem to get the big picture here. You have a class that over and over again wipe entire raids of 50-80 enemies by them selves. And you still dont get it ? Its the same with animists and you still dont get it ? A class mind you that has a ranged ae damage with an avrage damage of 650 per second cast. Its irrelevant if you say its 600 range or 1500 range the point is that this class will be so much over the top overpowered than any 1 kill warlock that they will not be on the same scale...This kind of damage should in any sane mind be restricted to 300 range centered ae with lowering damage (as any pbae) or to 1 target!

If they whipe 50-80 enemies by themselves I suggest those 50-80 enemies to spread out abit more and dont go AFK for ~10 seconds while something is AE nuking them. If a bainshee can kill in such scenario, then any AE or PBAE-class could do the same.

If you dont even see whats wrong with your picture... well sorry but pointless to discuss any further. My druid could kill 50-80 enemies too if they where AFK I reckon.

Banshees and Animists impact on the metagame of RvR in NF is so horribly much more than warlocks that its ridiculous to even mention warlocks. (And by that I dont defend the class...instakill classes are bahumbug...but you have to put things in some kind of perspective...)

So because warlocks can kill EVERY class in 1vs1 but bainshees can kill 50-80 if they are AFK, bainshees should be nerfed? Damn INC nerf for thanes, I bet a thane can kill 50-80 enemies with Mjöllnir if they all nicely packed and AFK.

fungus

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
I suggest you look up the AE damage range on the common Bainshee-spec. You will see its around 600-750 range; not 1500 (or 1700)

It would be very OP; and its a wrong impression you get from Bainshees:

The Cone AE nuke has no Fall-off is a 600 range spell and delves for 176 DD. Bainshees can spec for a 1500 range AE DD but that one has fall-off and delves for 174 DD. No Bainshee has this spec active in RvR on Prydwen; so your complaints are about the SF-bainshees. Their range is 600 (on the AE) and delves for 176.

So first you want to compare the Frontal CAE with PBAE (which delves for a good 320-330 DD on SM/Wiz/Eld/Ench) and now you compare with ranged AE ?

This shows you aint informed. The AE-nuke from Bainshees delves as DD174-176 (depending on spec). Dropping DD175 ---> DD158 doesnt lower their damage with 50% as you impose.

I like to say: please get some information about the bainshee before you scream nerf.

ah puppet leave the poor guy alone :D

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I didnt make this thread just so you can start nagging Bainshees, suggest you do that in the Qama thread or somethin XD

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Couple of things

POsted by righthandof...

So if you dont want to spend time with PvE just roll a warlock, you kill everything in even crappy stuff, but dont nerf warlocks, its balanced.. hmmmmmmm..

Sorry, i think you mis read my post.. Yes, i did roll a warlock so i would have to spend as little time in RvR as possible.

BUt i also rolled a warlock because after reading the info about them before they were released, i liked the idea behind the class.

And i never said "Don't nerf warlocks" in fact i DID believe they needed adjusting! the changes were expected by me, and i don't mind them at all.

One other thing....

To everyone who says warlocks can INSTAKILL people.

For gods sake, THAT IS NOT TRUE!!!

it takes 2 seconds for chambers to recylce...

The absolute fastest a 'lock can kill you, is TWO SECONDS.

Which is exactly the same amount of time it takes any other Spec Nuker to kill any caster.

For gods sake, face it... they do the same thing as other hard hitting casters... they just do it in a different way.

There is no point complaining about them further... they are staying the way they are now, get used to it and adapt.

Have fun guys.

Anarch

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
So because warlocks can kill EVERY class in 1vs1 but bainshees can kill 50-80 if they are AFK, bainshees should be nerfed? Damn INC nerf for thanes, I bet a thane can kill 50-80 enemies with Mjöllnir if they all nicely packed and AFK.
hmm thanes cant kill a shit ask atos xD

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Thats bs I saw trollum take down a blue con in df PRE TOA.

pip

Banned
Righthandof said:
Dont anger me fool we gimped enough :twak:

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Urgat said:
To give the origional poster a serious answer....

I decided not to respec from 42Hex 30WC to test how different RvR was.

As i predicted, i can still destroy most soft targets (Casters / archers etc) if i choose to dump on them.

The only real difference is that Hard targets (Tanks Etc) are far harder to kill now. Even after a full 3 chamber dump, and and a full powerbar on uniterupt, only tanks with crappy resists are down.

So... to sum up... i think i posted a similar reply elswhere...

"You got your nerf... but TBH - It doesnt change much - if a warlock decides you are the one target he is gonna kill, your pretty much F***ed."

As for re rololing, screw that, i intend to stick with the class.

I like my warlock, At R3L2, even though i am running round in my epic armour, and have only lvl 6 traldors, and lvl 6 moon Belt. It alows me to solo when i like, with at least an ok chance to get RP's, and it allows me to contribute to groups when they are available.

-------

- Sanguinne (Warlock)

no offense but when a caster at that RR with that kind of equip has an "ok" chance to get rps nowadays something is rly rly fucked

Vladamir

FH is my second home
daoc_xianghua said:
no offense but when a caster at that RR with that kind of equip has an "ok" chance to get rps nowadays something is rly rly fucked

Easily 2 shot, so i don't mind :)

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
Well isnt it the exact same thing with animists ? For all those keep loggin animists dont need more than crapeq to wipe sergs etc.

Atleast warlocks only kill people 1 by 1 and the effect on the game is minimal. But if you wanna talk over the top, out of the charts most rediculously OverPowered class since release of DAOC its without contest BANSHEEEES!

While warlocks are/Where (not sure there) an instant kill class that takes out 1 target it makes minimal to the metagame of RVR.

BUT Banshees...wipe zergs...having a class that does 500-800 (against capped resists + red resists) damage per 1 sek castingtime 1700 range (with +) ae effect is just rediculous. The only equivalent is if suppsms and icewizards would get 1500 range on their pbae and no damage reduction due to range from caster. That wouldnt either be OP would it ?

Considering that Banshees ae damage is larger effect area its just bizzare that Mythic choose to give them 2 times the damage on the spell as the Runemasters/firewizards get.

So basic conclusion in my humble opinion is that hopefully Mythic sets banshees ae damage to 158 D as a decent nerf. (still making them horrible but atleast lowering their damage from 500-800 to 250-400)

Or as I like to say: There is something rotten in the state of Denmark!

/Charmangle

lol m8

joke or?

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
pip said:
LOL why ? Too many cross realmers imo they should all be shot allways been a mid will stay one :touch: Would rather leave game than cross realm imo :mad:

you may notice i have a rr10 mid and no other significant characters, i only play mid, but would happily see whorelocks burned

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Bainshees are next in list yeah.

Funny uninterruptable perma interrupt and strongest nuke in game.

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
daoc_xianghua said:

Well... I never thought I would... but... I have to agree with you on that one.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Nope

daoc_xianghua said:

Again, i disagree.

Me at RR3 with OK gear (not awsome gear, just ok)

- if i see a lone caster first, he is dead... thats some RP's for me.

Now take Mr RR3 Sorc.

- If he gets the drop on me... i am dead... thats some RP's for him.

Once again, you do NOT need an awsome template to do "ok" in rvr.

YOu just need to be lucky, and get the jump on others.

I die just as fast to other casters as they do to me... its all situational.

Kind of tired to trying to convince everyone otherwise now tbh - you have all made your minds up anyhow. IT took a long time for BD's to loose the stigma, I guess 'locks are gonna be the same... they will be forgotten when the next uber class gets introduced.

WOnt be checking back here now, no point, thanks for the "discussion" all

/waves

Silverbirch

Fledgling Freddie
Friea said:
why does people still believe that goa is the makers of dark age of camelot?

why does George dubbya Bush still say newkiller instead of nuclear... can't the twat read what it says on his control panel ffs... n00b

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
Puppet said:
Read: I dont like putting work in my character, it has worse stats then the typical buffbot but it still pwnz. People aint allowed to whine @ warlocks, they been nerfed so much it sometimes is hard for my RR3 shit equipped warlock to kill a RR7+ tank who's properly equipped.... cmon its balanced !!11

rofl it might be the first time but i have to agree with Puppet. Insta killing people with Epic armor is balance... thats the kind of players warlocks were made for.

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
Urgat said:
Again, i disagree.

Now take Mr RR3 Sorc.

Kind of tired to trying to convince everyone otherwise now tbh - you have all made your minds up anyhow. IT took a long time for BD's to loose the stigma, I guess 'locks are gonna be the same... they will be forgotten when the next uber class gets introduced.

/waves

I got the jump on warlocks many times, both with my RR5+ ML10 caped ToA-template char, RR4+ caped ToA-template Nightshade and random gear - random RR enchanter.

9/10 I bite the dust even with the jump.

Animist : I can send bombers to a warlock that does 500 dmg, but as soon as the first or second hit he /face and kills me in 2 sec, and is back at 80% hp..... or I can lifetap to have no delay on the attack, he /face me and same again. Even if I suvive the chambers theres some fkn kind of built in MoC(?) so I die

Nightshade - I PA and CD I get 2 more styles of Warlock is at 10-15% hp. BOOM I die and warlock has all but full life, maybe like 80% HP.

Enchanter - I debuff heat, stun and nuke (maybe 400 ish dmg) since no ToA bonus or overcap items etc I dont kill fast enough, /face BOOM dead me, WL at near full HP.

YES : OFC theres times I win with lucky crits, or whatever - but 8/10 I die nomatter what to a PL´d-in-5-days... equipment-for-500g-on-ME...RR3-in-3-days... I-rox0r-WARLOCK!

Septina

Part of the furniture
Urgat said:
Again, i disagree.

Now take Mr RR3 Sorc.

/waves

I really dont want to know how bad of a player you have to be to lose to rr3 sorcs. Even if they get the jump yours and their damage spells have the same range with the 'little' difference of yours being insta!

He mezzes you, 1 lifetap and you insta pwn him back :>

And the bd is hardly an 'accepted class' or whatever you wanna call it.
Bd is an insanely overpowered class and the warlock is just a step higher in retardness. :)

Rami

One of Freddy's beloved
Urgat said:
Again, i disagree.

Now take Mr RR3 Sorc.

/waves

haha, so funny.
I actually thought you were joking tbh :puke:

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
The mid-RR ToA'd warlocks about now must hit for about the same as the pre-nerf rr2 warlocks in RoGs that annoyed everyone in the first place anyhow.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
warcocks dont understand the interrupt system as they dont encounter it, real sad...

2 seconds between INSTANT chambers,,, aaaawww the drama.

Btw if you die to a NON_moc - LT class as a bd/warcock, something is kinda wrong with you.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
I kinda like rogWL's, good practisetargets for PAs, tend to do capdamage on most of the nubbers which is nice. With chanter if I get off one cast they are dead 9/10 with ease. I fear SMs far far more.

Kanim

Banned
charmangle said:
Well isnt it the exact same thing with animists ? For all those keep loggin animists dont need more than crapeq to wipe sergs etc.

Atleast warlocks only kill people 1 by 1 and the effect on the game is minimal. But if you wanna talk over the top, out of the charts most rediculously OverPowered class since release of DAOC its without contest BANSHEEEES!

While warlocks are/Where (not sure there) an instant kill class that takes out 1 target it makes minimal to the metagame of RVR.

BUT Banshees...wipe zergs...having a class that does 500-800 (against capped resists + red resists) damage per 1 sek castingtime 1700 range (with +) ae effect is just rediculous. The only equivalent is if suppsms and icewizards would get 1500 range on their pbae and no damage reduction due to range from caster. That wouldnt either be OP would it ?

Considering that Banshees ae damage is larger effect area its just bizzare that Mythic choose to give them 2 times the damage on the spell as the Runemasters/firewizards get.

So basic conclusion in my humble opinion is that hopefully Mythic sets banshees ae damage to 158 D as a decent nerf. (still making them horrible but atleast lowering their damage from 500-800 to 250-400)

Or as I like to say: There is something rotten in the state of Denmark!

/Charmangle

if a bainshee cones you for 500-800 dmg with the cone nuke you have a shit template without capped resists and thus deserve to be farmed. A good example of this is the warlock that posted above you complaining qama 2 shotted him with 2x 650 nukes, again this player seems to have crap resists so cannot expect to live through any buffed caster with a pretty much opted toa template nuking him twice. Bainshee has no insta dmg spells, the most overpowering thing about them is the uninteruptable taunt, the only other thing making them overpowered is crap players getting cowned by them and complaining. Warlocks are op imo due to the fact they cast pretty much every spell they have as instas or as uninteruptable spells which is just plain stupid.

oh and if all the mids roll fotm surely they were pwning with their bds long before the arrival or the warlock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom