House campers

E

-Enjoy-

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
In short: if there's someone camping a spot, fuck off and find somewhere else. Oh and get over it. Thankyou.

why should i? i will buy it just to piss them off. fuck off!

J

jetsetminer

I was just pointing out that the macroing people (or people jamming the keys down with coins or whatever) could end up with a banned account if someone reported them and it doesn't stop anyone buying the spot so whats the point?

Thanks for the personal insults great to see people like wildfire and mcdonald contributing with their legendary debate skills, good way to make your point, try taking a relaxation course or something before you burst a blood vessel... soo much anger... lol :m00:

A

acei

Originally posted by stighelmer
Ye I talked to Hanni last evening aswell while she was camping. No macroing there :)
So he's been up for a total of 48 hours? No, at some point in the evening he will definately switch to a macro, there's no way anyone would go without sleep that long for a game... is there... Also on the first day i heard every 10seconds he was shouting that the spot was camped... that's a macro, also a very annoying one.

Z

zenith_merc

No, thats right, he cant camp the spot, as in doing as you cant buy it. If he stand there, whatever, if u want it and they havent bought it, go buy it! No whines needed.

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Ialkarn
So? do you works for Goa?
do you feel to call the police everytime you see someone do something of illegal also when he dosent hurt anyone?

cheating is cheating, hes uses macros to camp spots what else does he use them for?

and because half the LGM crafters on the server got there using 3rd party macro programs does not make it ok, fyi.

P

pez

sure he is breaking the rules by macroing but he is doing nothing negative to you or anyone else in the game so reporting him for it is just petty.

him getting banned isn't stopping crafters abusing 3rd party programs and its not stopping anyone else downloading them. The only effect is one less account.

As for camping the plot, well to cut a short story shorter no spot is camped. If you want a plot buy it as soon as you can afford it. Thats the whole point of the reverse auction system. If they want the plot that badly they will buy it when they feel the risk is too great to let the price drop further.

A

Asha

Originally posted by acei
Also on the first day i heard every 10seconds he was shouting that the spot was camped... that's a macro, also a very annoying one.

macros aren't illegal moron and he was not shouting, just saying, so you had to be very close to him to hear it. you couldn't even hear him next door.

I heard I heard I heard
blahblahblah

it's perfectly harmless

and to konah - cheating is cheating? so you didn't use daox ever? the people you play with every day didn't all use it? It's hardly the same thing as using radar is it?

there is a difference between cheating that doesn't hurt anyone and cheating that makes the game unplayable for other people.
You guys make me laugh too because I am sure you would knowingly buy from a macro crafter in a heartbeat if the price was 1g lower. You're all hypocrites with too much time on your hands if you're whining about this.

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by -RG-Jaond
haha you albs really know how to wajn ;)

Oi! Gerroff our boards! :p

Anyways, dunno what all the fuss it about here. If you want the spot and there's no house AND you have the money then buy it. If you want the spot and you have the money but someone is in some way using an exploit or bug to prevent anyone else getting it then report it on right now (no need to come on here and tell everyone about it). If you want the spot but dont have the money then it makes no difference whether someone is sat on it or not.

Much ado about nothing here it seems.

N

Nebel

Errr.. i dont get it....
so what u camper s say is: if a guy does an auction on BW for a uber Sidi-drop.... and i am the first one to reply to the thread its MINE caus i was there first tho 100 other peeps bid higher after my bid????
Its MIIIIINE... and i dont really hurt anyone... caus they didnt have the item before... why should they get it tho they wanna pay more for it???

LOOOOOOL... ye right

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Asha
and to konah - cheating is cheating? so you didn't use daox ever?

no i didnt use daox.

It's hardly the same thing as using radar is it?

and daox is hardly the same thing as macroing. there are 'innocent' uses for macros and there other, less innocent, uses... using macros is far far more serious than simply running daoc in a window, which doesn't alter or manipulate the game or your performance in that game in anyway whatsoever.

all macro crafters are cheaters. they cheat the ppl who invested the real time to attain that rank. i would sooner give my money (even if it was more) to a genuine crafter than some cheating sob who sat afk in caer diogel for a week or 2, tbh.

i got no plans to report anyone, hell i dont even know who your talking about.... but anyone dumb enuf to blatently run a illegal program for the purposes of camping a building site deserves anything that comes to them imo.

A

Arnor

macros aren't illegal moron

umm, no?

I agree with konah here, even though I have used daox. Macro'ing is not the same thing as daox, even if you use it for sumt harmless.

my 2cp

E

Ekydus

What is the big deal? I haven't even been inside the new land yet. :/

E

Ekydus

Oh and you CAN spin without using a macro... Numpad + NumLock etc...

D

Deletium

FAO: ekydus

sig :p :

I wont stand in your way. Let your hatred grow, and she'll scream and she'll shout and she'll pray, and she had a name. Yeah she had a name. And i wont hold you back, let your anger rise. And we'll fly and we'll fall and we'll burn. No one will recall, no one will recall this is the last time i'll abandon you, and this is, the last time i'll forget you, i wish i could look to the stars. let hope burn on your eyes. And we'll love and we'll hate and we'll die. All to no avail, all to no avail. This is the last i'll abandon you, and this is, the last time i'll forget you. I wish I could. I wish I could

B

Belomar

macros aren't illegal moron
Yes, it is illegal in DAoC, and I don't see why you have to resort to name-calling just to try to make your point stronger? For future reference, remember that "unattended gameplay" is disallowed.

A

Asha

no a macro is not illegal
that is why they made the command /macro
using a macro to say something over and over isn't a crime
using a third program for that is... but I think goa's response to these stupid complaints shows how worried they are about it.

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by Aussie-
look, RB was first on that spot, lets say they bought it from the second they arrived, you'd have no chance to get that piece of land.
you'd have searched for another spot and bought it.
now they try to save some money , which is normal. Pretend they already have a house on it. they were first.

The whole point of the reverse auction is to let everyone have a chance at buying a lot they want, not just the ones that get online first.

B

Belomar

no a macro is not illegal
that is why they made the command /macro
using a macro to say something over and over isn't a crime
using a third program for that is... but I think goa's response to these stupid complaints shows how worried they are about it.
Oooookay, let's split hairs, shall we? The things described in this post (i.e. spinning, saying something, casting a heal every 10 seconds) are not what could be produced by DAoC in-game macros (which frankly do not really deserve to be called macros at all), but by third-party macro programs.

H

heath

Originally posted by Ialkarn
So? do you works for Goa?
do you feel to call the police everytime you see someone do something of illegal also when he dosent hurt anyone?

Illegal is illegal......i would have no problems reporting somebody for doing something. And before you even ask me...i have done lots of illegal stuff in my time. But, i never got caught ( well..a few times i did !!). So..imho if you do something illegal, and get caught doing it....report...ban...name and shame...etc...
Also, Ialkarn...why have you spoken on 2 seperate posts about how there are no such things as illegal macros....you reckon that they are figments of peoples imagination, or they are pressing the wrong mouse button.

You cant reproduce it cause the bug dosen't exist
Try to click the plot whit the other button of your mouse.

Ialkarn <Black Falcons>
Slam is for girls

...do you really expect to come across as clever if you choose not to believe something that we all know happens in the game.

A

Asha

Originally posted by heath
You cant reproduce it cause the bug dosen't exist
Try to click the plot whit the other button of your mouse.

Ialkarn <Black Falcons>
Slam is for girls

...do you really expect to come across as clever if you choose not to believe something that we all know happens in the game.

How do you know it? Did you try? Did you actually come across any plots you couldn't try to buy? As Ialk's running around with our guild funds :D he could actually try that and we couldn't find anyone doing this supposed cheat. Plus how fangane decribed it, it sounds like he was just being a muppet, as per usual and doesn't know what he's talking about.

I just thought of a much better way to camp. All guild members stand on the plot so no one can see the plot marker and all dropping free cake and whiskey everywhere so you can't even f7 it :p With 2 or 3 minstrels doing supply runs from the nearest pub ^^

I can just imagine the whines that would generate lol

F

Fagane

How do you know it? Did you try? Did you actually come across any plots you couldn't try to buy? As Ialk's running around with our guild funds :D he could actually try that and we couldn't find anyone doing this supposed cheat. Plus how fangane decribed it, it sounds like he was just being a muppet, as per usual and doesn't know what he's talking about.

As usual a spoiled teen who got no clue whats it about. I did not describe anything in a post here how this works. Get your facts straight if you want to flame :p

Fagane

A

Asha

I would love to be a teen again ;/ Spoiled sounds good too, how do I arrange that?

No one has found anyone doing any cheat to prevent anyone from buying anything... you're just shit-stirring, as usual.

You didn't (and won't) post anything cause it isn't on excali.

I

Ialkarn

Originally posted by Fagane
As usual a spoiled teen who got no clue whats it about. I did not describe anything in a post here how this works. Get your facts straight if you want to flame :p

Fagane

Ofc you have nothing to describe:you just assumed a bug was going on when your wasn't able to right click a plot;then you reported some ppl and come here to spit shit on them,making other ppl beleave a bug was going on and certain campers were bug abusers.

And instead to say sorry cause your ignorance and superficiality could have damaged someone you still pretending to be right.

O

old.Ramas

Originally posted by various people
<stuff about /macro and 3rd party programs>

I've always found having a system called 'macro' which limits you to one command per 'macro' to be an amusing contradiction in terms.

Just an observation.

Also, where is the whiskey & cake?

Is it chocolate cake?

I

iluvatur

**hic** err.. der wil bee ..**hic** no whifsky ere!!

un der nevvur wos **hic**

/em smashes glass bottle and stumbles into street

D

DeaD GuRu

why is it that every time something new is added, or altered, or introduced some ppl try to abuse it?

why is it that everytime something new is given to us ppl some have to nagg out of jealousy or envy?

take an example to that spanish guild that was able to field two mansions at once....

that is what i call teamwork :)

we all knew that it was comming.... we all had plenty off time to try and get the means needed :) gold...

stop the bullshit now, don't go using thirs party apps to try and stake your claim....just act normal

have fun.

good night all

S

stighelmer

where would fair albion be without the wisdom and justice of Fagane and Nas ?

L

Lomald Umilinn

hmmz this sounds interesting .. any suggestion of which camped plot i should steal to annoy someone :p? Need to get rid of money somehow anyway, might as well piss of a few more just for fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom