Holocrons

C

Carfax

So, what did everyone get in their holocrons?

I have to become a Master Entertainer, and my girlfriend needs to become a Master Creature Handler... pretty good being she is already doing that!

A

amuse

Well i hafto become a master cheff.. and i havent even put thought to taking up the artisan profesion :(

i wanted Comabt medic, or Scout/CH.. but i got master CHEF.. a well, when i do pick it up, o boy am i going to make some creds :p

W

|WarpiG|

master brawler :)

was sure i was going to get bounty hunter :D

N

norwegicus

i have only played the game a few days, got a holocron and piece of art :)
what exactly IS a holocron and how does one use it?

C

Carfax

Nor,

Officially, a holocron is an ancient method of Jedi information... in SWG it will tell you one of the professions you need to master in order to hopefully become a Jedi.

You need to click and hold on the holocron to bring up the radial menu. Then select "use". Watch what the holocron tells you. This is your way ahead.

If you happen across another holocron, do NOT use it until you have mastered what the original one said, or it will just tell you the same information.

Good luck!

F

Felan-Gimp

My Holocron says Master Smuggler :)
Gonna finish Bounty Hunter first and have some fun with that thou

C

Carfax

I could have done with Master Smuggler... that is currently what I am learning!

Still, hopefully Master Entertainer will be simple as I know a lot of people macro their way thru it...

A

amuse

Originally posted by Carfax
I could have done with Master Smuggler... that is currently what I am learning!

Still, hopefully Master Entertainer will be simple as I know a lot of people macro their way thru it...

just entertainer?? my god.. ur a lucky sod! :p u can macro ur way trough it in 2 days if u left it run constantly.

and im stuck here with chef, while u other ppl are geting smugler, entertainer, and i even met a guy that got master CH, the profesion im closest to become master in. i didnt even have the base artisan skill..

im at 3,5 in the tailoring and chef base line (blocked the name from my mind), and so bored!

although, there is a positive side.. i found a profesion merge i could have some fun with when im done with master chef.. Mastert Combat medic and some strings of chef, for the "buff" Drinks :), and some profit :)

this includes Scot- exploration 4, for the terain negotiation :)

A

Apocrypha

my holocron says "The rest of your journey is down to luck!"

hah... just kidding. Not using mine. Gonna sell it eventually. Can't be arsed with grinding a load of professions I don't want to play :) Well... On Infinity anyhow. For my Chimeara BH wannabe, well that's a different matter.

If anyone wants to stump up 1mil creds on Infinity, my holocron is theirs ;)

...btw... I'm serious about that offer ;)

N

norwegicus

i sold mine for 150.000 :)
i might be a n00b, but i heard that they were worth abit more, but i needed money there and then, that gift came as ordered, very helpfull :p

A

amuse

Originally posted by norwegicus
i sold mine for 150.000 :)
i might be a n00b, but i heard that they were worth abit more, but i needed money there and then, that gift came as ordered, very helpfull :p

Well u could have gotn 500'000 for it :) or saved it for a couple of weeks until the holo madness is ower, and then sold it for ower 1'000'000 creds :)

M

Mophead

Its just a theory, but its still possible that any professions you were going for before using your holocron, may still be required to open the FS slot.

My reasoning is this. The holo can work in one of two ways: it can tell you the profession you need to master which is the easiest to get to from your current state, or it can tell you a required profession at random (or determined in some other way). From personal experience, I currently have novice in all basic professions except entertainer and politician. My holo said I was to get Master Dancer. I do not believe that the nearest profession I need to master belongs to a novice class I dont already have. Therefore the profession it tells you must be determined in some other way. If this is the case, it is entirely possible that the next holocron you use could tell you to master a profession you were half way up the tree of before you used the first holocron.

Anyroad, I still wanna master rifleman and combat medic before I even think about getting dancer. I also fancy giving Doc and bounty hunter a try. You never know, they may also be requirements :)

A

amuse

U hafto do the profesions in the order the holocrons tells u, i think :)

Anyways, it could be that the holo profesion that it tells you that u need to master, is the one u have least skills in, as in my case, i got master chef, and i didnt have artisan.

but this is not the case it seems, as my friend was almost a pistoleer, didnt have artisan/entertainer, and got BH as a holo profesion.

i think it is randomly picker at char creation.

anyways, im not that into holocrons, so this can be wrong :)

W

|WarpiG|

Thats pretty much as i understand it as well...

When you create your chracter, the game genarates a set number of professions for you to master. You can use Holocrons to find the first 4 of these professions but you must figure out the final one.

The first Jedi's we have seen are either power gamers with over 15+ mastered professions, or really lucky sob's who mastered the hidden profession before starting the holo hunting...

I had a plan for my guy on eclipse. I have been stockpiling power, metal, hide and various other resources for any grinding i may have to do. I can master most of the professions and still keep MCH :) I just hope i dont get BH or entertainer... BH would mean i have to say bye to my pets, and dancing just does not suit a wookiee who likes to smash stuff up.

A

Alpha-SWG

my mate opened his holo, and it said:
Armorsmith (Ch)

his other char on otherserver:
Weaponsmith (Inf)
Tailor (Fa)

all i can say is... poor bastard :p

N

Nightchill

I was considering getting a second account and using the 4 holos on it. Wouldn't want to redo this character.

O

old.Cordain

The order you master the professions doesnt matter. If the holo tells you to master TK and before you do that you master every other professions then the FSCS will open once you ding TKM.

Last holo I opened told me to master weaponsmith. Havent logged in for a week so I dont know what the damn cube has in mind for me but atleast I dont have to hunt for holos ever again.
EVER!

M

madcow

dam people get fucking easy 1's like scout and I get MASTER DRIOD eng
bollox to that!

A

amuse

Originally posted by madcow
dam people get fucking easy 1's like scout and I get MASTER DRIOD eng
bollox to that!

hey, atleast u can make cool stuff, i make FOOD :p

just kidding.. given up the jedi dream as i simply aint the crafting kind of guy, and it got boring after novice chef

D

darbey

Master droid engineer has got to be the worst one, i got to 4-2-2-2 and was almost driven to insanity so i respecced.
I got TKA on my Mon cal combat med on farstar so with some stat tweaking and switching from cm to doc should be a smooth ride, sold it on eclipse for 500k and still have my infinity one until i finish mastering the entertainer branches, dancer, musician and entertainer and ID then ill decide whether to use it or sell it. Wow will be out long before i get anywhere near FS unlock.

M

madcow

well im 1-4-4-4 in the Bh tree and doing the long haul up to investigation 4 to become a master bh Im not going to untrain that hard work to become a Droid eng. I think ill hunt the new jedi's on chimera when they appear instead.
does anybody know how hard new jedi chars are ?
can a buffed BH take them down ?

W

|WarpiG|

New Jedi get chewed up by anyone with a KD / Dizzy ranged attack kiting and spamming until it sticks

D

darbey

Jedis are extremely tough but then again they have to be when they get a TEF when using any force power or lightsabre. 100k bounty hunter missions to kill em and u can go from novice to master BH in the time it would take them to get to padawan. They have also got the added bonus of permadeath to worry about 8)

A

Apocrypha

Originally posted by darbey
They have also got the added bonus of permadeath to worry about 8)

Not entirely accurate. From what I last heard, it was a "3 deaths and you start again" sorta thing... Can't remember the specifics tho

A

amuse

Originally posted by Apocrypha
Not entirely accurate. From what I last heard, it was a "3 deaths and you start again" sorta thing... Can't remember the specifics tho

this is right.

its a kinda "u died, be carefull next time" thing.

D

darbey

Well id still be pretty cheeseed off if i died though. I knew they had a couple of deaths before perma ie starting over not sure how many though. The only jedi ive ever got near was too busy fighting the 20 people trying to have a piece of him.

A

amuse

In coronet a couple of night ago a jedi was dueling ppl :) was kinda fun, exept she was a little cowardly.. got some greate screens for my colection :D

E

envenom

is it more jelousey then anything else? sorter like well if i cant get jedi i aint letting u get anywhere with ur jedi kinda thing?

A

amuse

Originally posted by envenom
is it more jelousey then anything else? sorter like well if i cant get jedi i aint letting u get anywhere with ur jedi kinda thing?

it might be a "woohoo! i killed a jedi" feeling that drives ppl to hunt them :p

Users who are viewing this thread