Holocrons

D

Durzel

My subscription ran out at the end of November and I haven't bothered renewing it yet.

I'm pretty sure my character is reasonably close to unlocking a FSCS slot, but I haven't got any holocrons yet - therefore I haven't done any of the 4 professions "required" to get it. I've only mastered two advanced professions so far (but done a lot of quests).

I'm tempted to resubscribe to try and unlock the slot - but my enduring memory of the final few days before I stopped playing was fighting constantly over mobs in the Force Crystal Caves, looking for holocrons (I never looted a single one).

I imagine (fear) that now that the FSCS path has been more or less revealed, that these areas are now just camped solid 24/7. Is this correct?

O

old.Cordain

Well the static spawns are camped 24/7 but you can find one from random spawn too.

All it takes to unlock the FSCS is to master the 5 professions you are assigned on char creation. Holocron will tell you what the 4 are but the 5th you have to find out by yourself. The professions you have allready mastered might just be one of those that are required.

Also you dont need a holocron if your lucky enought and grind all the correct professions.

M

Mophead

Personally I think people are getting too hung up on the whole Holocron issue. Everbody seems to be out to only play the classes they have to to open their FSCS. Personally I want to try out at least half the classes for a bit of fun and something different.

A

-adz-

Personally i'm enjoying burning things at the mo so will dabble in commando some more.

I have a spot on dantooine that hardly a soul goes to and spawns between 3 and 5 fsnpc's in a smallish area all the time. Its much nicer taking them on without randoms walking along and trying to theive the loot and xp.

Dont you just hate people that think you need 'help' when you have 2 grauls and a flamethrower

G

Gabrial

If I was to say I havent got a clue what anyone is on about in this thread...

a) could someone explain it
and
b) does that make me a total newb? :)

My only encounter so far with a Holocron is game help system (I'm aware Im in newb territory now and have started to dig...)

N

Nightchill

The Devs have never said that your character is assigned 4 professions on creation (needed to unlock the FS slot) and holocrons will tell him what they are.

What they have said is that the Holocrons were "hints" to "guide players in the rough direction". To many players this means that mastering *any* 4 professions (at different times of course) is all that's needed.

Unfortunately, no one's been brave enough to test it one way or the other as far as I know but the idea of being assigned four potentially ludicrously professions is just, well...

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Gabrial,

Holocrons are objects that occasionally appear as loot when you kill certain, specific, high-ish level NPC's (forec sensitive NPC's). These holocrons will tell you which professions you will need to master to open up a force-sensitive character slot, which you can use to create a character which can train to be a jedi.

As such, there is much competition for the NPC's that drop the holocrons.

Theoretically, to open up your force sensitive slot you have to:

1) find 4 holocrons
2) train to master in the professions they tell you

alternatively you could try to train to master level in all professions.

I don't know if the order in which you train impacts whether you can open up the slot. If it does, then finding the holocrons is even more significant.

G

granny

It's been fairly well established now that there's 5 specific professions you need to master to unock the FSCS and that these are assigned at character creation.

From some of the statistical analysis people have done (assuming that those who've unlocked their FSCS's have told the truth about how many professions they mastered to get there) it looks as if the most likely scenario is that you're assigned 10 professions at character creation and you have to master any 5 of those 10. That's just a statistical likelyhood though.

What is certain is that the Jedi profession is not only fantastically difficult but also mind-numbingly tedious and incredibly expensive. Any use of light-sabre specials or jedi powers results in your character appearing on the bounty hunter mission terminsal very quickly, light-sabres require crystals (for really crappy sabres) or krayt pearls (for decent ones) which are now selling for millions of credits apiece anc light-sabres decay at an unbelievable rate. Coupled with no terrain negotiation, very little defences and absolutely zero jedi-specific content the whole jedi profession is starting to look like a pretty poor prize for all that camping & grinding :(

I've decided not to bother even trying for FSCS, it sounds a LONG way from my idea of fun.

At the moment I'm getting involved in a player city and roleplaying some and I'm having far more fun than I was trying to find holocraps :)

G

Gabrial

Ah I see - OK, makes a little bit more sense now. Quick one - is an example of a Master level skill getting to say Pistols IV?

To be honest, Im not too hung up on becoming a Jedi anyway but I dont want to preclude myself from the possibility either in the future. Granny - do you find it easy to roleplay in SWG? TBH, I gave it a go when I needed my wounds tending but people didnt seem to quite get the idea...

O

old.Cordain

No the master title is the lonely box on top of the skill trees.
You will have to train all the skills to the IV level before you can get the master title and even when you get all the skills you will need 620 apprentice points for it. Those you can get by teaching other players the skills you have.

Not only is the leveling of Jedi hard but it can take quite a while to find a holocron too. Personally I killed well over 500 force sensitives and atleast same amouth of Surface Marshals to get my first holo.

G

granny

Originally posted by Gabrial
Granny - do you find it easy to roleplay in SWG? TBH, I gave it a go when I needed my wounds tending but people didnt seem to quite get the idea...

I'm finding it easier to roleplay than I used to but I think that's mainly because I've been playing for a while so I know where to go, who to spend time with and how to filter out the non-roleplayers.

I think it would be *very* hard to totally roleplay, there's so few people that do it and there's so much OOC stuff you have to do just to get by in the game.

I tend to semi-roleplay most of the time and then when the situations arise segue into fuller roleplaying. Player events are the key to this on Eclipse I find - there's loads of them and there's some superb people running them who are great roleplayers :)

D

Daja

I doubt you are close Duzel unless you have the luck of gods...
crystal caves is a no no just find roamin down south

A

azvero

im not going for jedi.. and if i ever want to get involved in jedi stuff ill make a bountyhunter to maybe hunt one :) now that would be ultimate.

as for the crystal cave.. just ignore it!.. go out with a ranger in dantooine. and use trakcing skills to find force sensitive npcs in the big lands of dantooine. much easier and if noone is stalking, you can kill all those force sensitives for yourself and loot themselves. And something else.. many people have the idea that if they go hunt a few hours they will ahve their little baggies full of holo's ... well not :) i know people that have been hunting holo's for weeks and never found one.. and i have seen people get 2 holos in one hour.. the odds are so really low.

A

azvero

oh and i forgot to mention.. for imps you can do rebel surface marshall missions and you can get dark jedi quests ( both with chance of holo drop) and for the rebels.. there is dark trooper missions ( also chance of holo) you can get from some guy in the capitol in coronet.

O

old.Cordain

Dark Jedi quests? You mean the ones you get from the waterfall by the ruins? Atleast I didnt get quests from there just because I was Imperial.

Also while we are talking about holocrons heres a hint for you;
Find a Large Rebel Base with Surface Marshal, kill only the Marshal and run 250m away from the base. When you come back the SF has re-spawned. Depending on the size of the base you can do that 5-10 times over before the base will be destroyed.

Thats only 500m of running instead of 1-3k with normal mission grinding.

T

Tenko

I never really wanted to be a Jedi, which was rather fortunate really.

I always wanted to be a Bounty Hunter.

Bounty Hunters get to hunt Jedi.

Bliss :D

A

azvero

dark jedi knight quest comes from a dude in dathomir. * cant remember his name*

its in the imperial prison, about 6k walk from science outpost. There is a guy in a tower who gives out the mission
you have to do 5 or so pre quest to get the dark jedi knight quest.
once you get the dark jedi knight quest go out and kill him ( he should be in 1k range) then loot him and abort the quest so you can do it over and over again. did this for a few days.. no holo;s but a crapload of sith altar :) ( generic item) and worthless laser carbines.

you can also finish the mission and then continue for the jedi master quest! :O...

W

|WarpiG|

Dark Trooper missions are given by Garm Bell Ibis in the capitol building in Coronet... Eclipse crashed a few times last night so i gave up :(

Just remember not to talk directly to Garm again after completing the mission, you will have to talk to any another NPC (effectivly aborting Garms mission) first, then go back an retake it over an over. Same goes for the Light Jedi's quests at the waterfall on Dantooine, the force crystal hunter on her 3rd mission is supposed to drop a holo once every so often...

Still not looted 1 damn holocrap, gone thru 3 or 4 blasters so far n all :)

O

old.Cordain

Just noticed some insance prices of holocrons in a nother thread.

I was wondering for how much holos are going for in your server?
In Eclipse the prices have fallen from 8-9M to 4,5M within a week for some unknown reason. With auction you can still get 6M or so.

J

jodster

Auctions

I noticed that they're selling for (sometimes) hundreds of dollars on ebay, and people are actually bidding! - Madness

O

old.Cordain

Theres was a bid on eBay for FSCS for 3000something usd.
Thank god Dev's are picking up the pace and shutting down the eBay Jedi's accounts.

Users who are viewing this thread