Hmm...GAME not stocking Catacombs?

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
any chance that catacombs can be available to download and u buy a cd key directly from GOA? like SI and TOA on main europe site

Scunner

Fledgling Freddie
I went into Basingstoke GAME today and they don't have it on their list but then again that has happened before with another game i was after. GOA did spend some time contacting retailers after the issue was realised so I'm sure it will be remedied before release. They may well just get copies of the game in on the day.

Things are definately in motion as if you visit PLAY then you can see the all in one pack is now in stock on play so i am sure they will update just the catacombs version soon.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
OK, I just telephoned play.com to find out exactly what's happening. The woman spoke to was actually very helpful; she's emailed my query and the whole situation to her boss flagged as high priority, and he's meant to be calling me back with an update as to what's going on this afternoon.

Soon as I hear anything, I'll post it here for people.

Sugah

Fledgling Freddie
Heres a a reply i got from play.com, think i'll be cancelling the order and picking up a copy while i'm over in france skiing next week.

Dear Customer

Thank you for your email,

We are sorry that we have not yet been able to supply you with this item which is currently in the process of re-stocking; please be aware some products can take up to 28 days to come back into stock. If you have waited in excess of this period please email us again with reference to this product so that we can pursue further investigations. We hope that this will help us to provide you with an estimated availability date.

Please note that you will not be charged for this item until the time of shipping and you still have the option to cancel the order by logging into your account and pressing the cancel button next to the item in your outstanding orders.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards
Play.com
----- Original Message -----
To: Customer Support
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 9:52 PM
Subject: My order

Hi,

I've recently placed an order for Dark Age Of Camelot: Full Pack (Original Game + 3 Expasion Packs) (PC). This item is showing as in stock at the moment but the status of the order hasn't changed and is still in the "order placed" status after 3 days. Is this an error?

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Castus said:
This guy told me lag does`nt exist on DAOC servers (when asked why i wa s purchasing EQ2 hehe) and that it was my machines fault Oo(despite the daoc homepage apologising for lag issues and my pingplot work).Oh and they did know what WOW was due to their beta pack sales of said game.Good shop for console stuff tho_Oh and i picked up a EQ2 start guide in there without realising that it was for the console version and snottily got informed by the staff in there that if EQ2 had a guide it would be x1000000000 pages long blah blah blah.....they`re now selling the WOW strat guide for pc.Does this mean WOW is shallow in comparison?:p :worthy:

There is an EQ2 start guide but it hasn't been published in the UK - got mine through amazon though, its really only good for choosing a class and some artisan info though :)

Dubaxter

Fledgling Freddie
"if you buy a french or german version of the game you can activate it on your account and install it - will have to configure your update.dat and delete a language folder to get it working in english though (else you get a foreign client)"

Does anyone have the full details as to what would have to be done.

If Play.com continue to state 1/04/05 then I really will have to cancel my order and try a European supplier.

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Damn guys, relax.

It will come out, go out side or something if you need to wait a few days.

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
Tryed again today in Bristol, Game still say they have no info and claim its not comming out, though kinda confused as they say WoW is only preorder aswell yet Virgin downstairs have copys on sale ?

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
In all of this research has anyone seen any sign of advertsing? We were told that a new PR company had been taken on and that Catacombs is going to bring lots of new people in etc etc The original point about this thread was that if GAME are not stocking it (the single expansion) then it doesn't bode well. Now you start to wonder whether play.com are only stocking the boxed set.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i am begining to wonder a lot of things now, but some are probably liable so i wont post them on here, its just getting pretty worrting about the future of european DAOC.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
PLAY says 1/4 now which is of course Aprils fools day, won't bother with any obvious remarks.

shameful, shameful fuck up, gives the total impression they have lost interest in it.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Play.com are stocking both the boxed set (released mid April) and the expansion (released next week). The two products are clearly labelled on their website as being different.

This has no bearing on the future of European DAoC at all. This issue affects ony the UK retailers and was due to external problems with a third party retailer. The problems have been resolved and UK players will be able to get their hands on the expansion at the same time as players in Continental Europe, however for reasons that have been explained in this and other threads several times the listed release date for the UK is being advertised officially as the 1st April. This will not however have any bearing on the date that we send stock to UK retailers or the date that they will send it to their customers. As previously explained (in this thread and others), Game will not have stocks of it until April due to their insistence on not taking delivery in March, this is something that is entirely out of our hands, however we have gone to considerable effort to make sure that this does not cause additional difficulty for our UK based players.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Raven said:
i am begining to wonder a lot of things now, but some are probably liable so i wont post them on here, its just getting pretty worrting about the future of european DAOC.

Requiel said:
Play.com are stocking both the boxed set (released mid April) and the expansion (released next week). The two products are clearly labelled on their website as being different.

This has no bearing on the future of European DAoC at all. This issue affects ony the UK retailers and was due to external problems with a third party retailer. The problems have been resolved and UK players will be able to get their hands on the expansion at the same time as players in Continental Europe, however for reasons that have been explained in this and other threads several times the listed release date for the UK is being advertised officially as the 1st April. This will not however have any bearing on the date that we send stock to UK retailers or the date that they will send it to their customers. As previously explained (in this thread and others), Game will not have stocks of it until April due to their insistence on not taking delivery in March, this is something that is entirely out of our hands, however we have gone to considerable effort to make sure that this does not cause additional difficulty for our UK based players.

yes, sorry about that, was a little pissed off when i wrote that, Game are being retards really, i know it wont make a lot of difference to them and thier playsation following but we should all boycot them.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I'm sorry Requiel but endless assurances of how well it is being handled hardly reflects the actual reality on the ground.

It is supposed to be released at the end of the week and STILL not one distributor has an official release date for it.

Play says 1/4
Amazon.co.uk says 15/4
Game.....well who's arsed when they get it.

If they had thought of Catacombs a month ago and suprised the distributors last week, you could justify this.

As it is, it still looks like they haven't really been arsed from the start.

Leaving your loyal playerbase like a bunch of lemons jumping from queue to queue, not knowing if they have chosen badly and their supplier will not send it out on time is.... as I wrote

shameful.

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:

So why does the official link off the DOAC europe site take you to a retailer that give a release date of 1 Apr 05? This is getting annoying Requiel. It looks like the UK based players are getting shafted.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
semanon said:
So why does the official link off the DOAC europe site take you to a retailer that give a release date of 1 Apr 05? This is getting annoying Requiel. It looks like the UK based players are getting shafted.
As you've quoted my post I assume you've read it. I'll repeat the relevant parts again:

Requiel said:
... was due to external problems with a third party retailer. ...UK players will be able to get their hands on the expansion at the same time as players in Continental Europe, ...the listed release date for the UK is being advertised officially as the 1st April. This will not however have any bearing on the date that we send stock to UK retailers or the date that they will send it to their customers..

If you want the long version. I explained it previously in this thread:
Requiel said:
This is the state of play at present. The official UK launch date is the 25th March. Due to pressure from a certain very large high-street retailer, the expansion is going to be listed by all merchants as being available from 1st April. However, we are sending out stock to UK retailers at the same time as it is beng sent to Continental stores. If you order from Play.com, CDon, Webhallen or any of the other major merchants they will be shipping it as soon as they have stock available. Game however will not have stock until April 1st. None of this will affect players in countries other than the UK, you will find it in stores and websites as normal.

To Job: As I said and as you apparently read (seeing as you referred to my words in your post), the issue was not the fault of our distributors. They were being pressured by an external retailer to move the release to April. As they do a great deal of business with this retailer, they complied in order to keep their good relations with them. We told them this was not acceptable and have come to the compromise solution I outlined above where the official date is the 25th March and stock will be sent out for this time, but the 'listed' date is the 1st of April which is when Game are prepared to handle it from. We can't have different listed release dates for different retailers in the UK, so we are going with the earliest date that Game would handle in the full knowledge that everyone else is going to be stocking it and selling it before then.

As for the lifeline of DAoC, the plans for new players have not been disrupted at all as a result of any of this. The product which is aimed at new players is the complete set which is released on the 15th April. This will be entirely unaffected by the current situation.

Tilda

Just a little pre-emptive warning, I'm not licking ass here, but people who are abusive towards GOA folks will be smacked with a temp ban. As much as you have anger to vent, the GOA staff to a fantastic job talking to you on the forums, it would be a shame to let a few cross people piss them off resulting in them posting less / not at all.

Thanks.

Tilda

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
From past history, play ship on date recieved, not official dates.

I've had dvd's arrive before release date in the past.

Darzil

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
Just a little pre-emptive warning, I'm not licking ass here, but people who are abusive towards GOA folks will be smacked with a temp ban. As much as you have anger to vent, the GOA staff to a fantastic job talking to you on the forums, it would be a shame to let a few cross people piss them off resulting in them posting less / not at all.

Thanks.

Tilda
I am a strong believer in my Freedom of speech. If I am abusive towards anyone then I agree, ban me. However, I pay my subscriptions and that gives me the right to have my opinion. I agree Requiel has done a great job of forwarding information on the forum. That does not exclude me from giving my opinion, as long as I am not abusive. We are not in a police state yet.

Garnet

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
i bought wow from GAME in the highstreet all week i phoned about the games release date and putting a copy aside for me. here is what i found

1) we dont know what World of warcraft is
2) we dont know a release date
3) we dont have it in stock yet
4) we want to kill everyone satan is good satan is our pal.

ok maybe the last point was made up but DAMN game have no clue about games. i walked in the shop on the release date and picked it off the shelf.

all i can say is on march 15th if thats still the date just walk in. a company pays peanuts they get monkeys......dont pay em anything you get noobs!

Aye when I asked about WoW they said they only had the American version in stock :eek6: American Version only in the middle of England? Next time Ill ask them if they have some petrol I can buy, might get some american merchandise.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
:)

:) well when i phoned and they put one aside for me ... it was warcraft 3=/....
theyr so retarded them people. You'd think they would realise World of Warcraft since in front of them was a humungous display of WOW!!! with the games all over it

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
semanon said:
I am a strong believer in my Freedom of speech. If I am abusive towards anyone then I agree, ban me. However, I pay my subscriptions and that gives me the right to have my opinion. I agree Requiel has done a great job of forwarding information on the forum. That does not exclude me from giving my opinion, as long as I am not abusive. We are not in a police state yet.

This ain't an official GOA forum btw, this is a private forum where some GMs happen to post - your right to post here is at the moderators/administrators discretion. (Thorarin had a nice analogy - you have as much right to post here as I do to graffiti the side of your house.)

Don't break the rules and don't get abusive and you will get to keep that right, however we mods are well within our powers to ban anyone who gets nasty at the GMs.

(I should probably now go "muahuhauha" but that'd be mean)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
guys....its a game. Who cares if we have to wait 15 extra days or whatever it is.

is it really that big a deal? i love playing daoc but i think i can wait a few extra days.

stoptryingtohitme

Fledgling Freddie
well if u all cross ur fingers then mabyu ppl like play.com will send it on wednesday so we have it on thurs + ppl like hmv ect will put it on their shelves on thursday... maby =s

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
well, it's patch day, my woman had run off with my bank card, and i decided to phone game for the first time this year.

1. the person on other end was in the shop 5 mins earleh 0o
2. She KNEW what catacombes was!
3. she said it was due for release today!
4. she is waiting on a delivery to find out if she can sell it to me today, or if it has to be pushed back a week.
5. i have to phone around 10:30
6. Fareham game store ;P
7. givf!

pomalllka

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:

Gifv link to a retailer in UK selling it TODAY as you state in your post. The player base dont seem to be able to find any.

ta

Pom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom