Hmm...GAME not stocking Catacombs?

Darks

Fledgling Freddie

You should be able to pre-order games before the release date. They always do that at game anyway

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Goa marketing department (or lack of one) strikes again! but play.com have it, even if the release date on there is wrong (they have been mis-informed by goa)

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
I have all the pcgamer mags lol and a m8 has some pczone 1s later I scan all the WoW and daoc pages and compiar them goa marketing to Blizzard. Then we see the horry and make goa get off there fat french arse. Its not like goa dont have as much as blizzard they part of one of the biggest isps in the world.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
GimmlyTheDorf said:
Its not like goa dont have as much as blizzard they part of one of the biggest isps in the world.

well.. right in one way and wrong in another. they are OWNED by it. but in general they are 2 diffrent companys that have more or less nothing to do with eachother..... or something..

elisera

Fledgling Freddie
Try checking back in GAME this weekend, their preorder list was last updated at the end of Feb, BEFORE the official release date was announced. Apparently they only update it every 2 weeks so they should have it available from about this Friday.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Game will be stocking Catacombs.
The problem with retailers announcing the wrong release date is being sorted out now. Apparently some bright lad decided all by himself and without telling us that as March was a busy month for releases, we'd be better off releasing in April. Shouting has happened, websites should be updated to reflect this soon.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Requiel said:
The problem with retailers announcing the wrong release date is being sorted out now. Apparently some bright lad decided all by himself and without telling us that as March was a busy month for releases, we'd be better off releasing in April. Shouting has happened, websites should be updated to reflect this soon.

That's the original usage of the word "bright", as in "person who would lose a battle of wits with a carrot", right? Anyway good job on the shouting :D, I shall go and interrogate GAME staff mercilessly today.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
gervaise said:
^^^^^
Silly idea.
Duh. Of course it was a silly idea. Its a joke you muppet.

Requiel said:
Shouting has happened
Hah. Wouldnt like to be the poor marketing paper-shuffler on the receiving end of that one ;)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Requiel said:
Shouting has happened, websites should be updated to reflect this soon.
Sounds good, Requiel! :D A lot of us who are not moving to other games for various reasons (mine being that I don't need to be pulled off into another game for the next three years) are depending on you and the GOA staff to pull unspoiled new blood into the game that we can gank---... erm, I mean, show what a wonderful game this is. :cool:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i bought wow from GAME in the highstreet all week i phoned about the games release date and putting a copy aside for me. here is what i found

1) we dont know what World of warcraft is
2) we dont know a release date
3) we dont have it in stock yet
4) we want to kill everyone satan is good satan is our pal.

ok maybe the last point was made up but DAMN game have no clue about games. i walked in the shop on the release date and picked it off the shelf.

all i can say is on march 15th if thats still the date just walk in. a company pays peanuts they get monkeys......dont pay em anything you get noobs!

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Requiel said:
What about www.ukgames.com aka Special Reserve?.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Play can be abit cheeky if the release date is friday and theres no post dont be suprised if you get it Thursday. I've had a fair few dvds show up on a saturday because of Bank Holiday Mondays so fingers crossed.

Ovi1

Fledgling Freddie
I still can't figure out why MMORPGs don't release the boxes a week before the servers, sorts out a lot of the problems, between different Eu contries for sure.

Whoever picked Good Friday as the release date also needs a shouting at tbh, although I guess GoA are happy that English players won't be registering at the same time as the rest of Europe :eek:

(although I guess Blizzards 300k all trying to register within the first hour could cause havoc, but there are other ways to distribute registration!)

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
new pre order sheets in today still no catacombs pre order code
and my god am i sick of all u lot saying game don't knmow what WOW and DOAC are come in my shop you soon find out we do
deepfried

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
1. GAME do not suck in my experience.
2. Nice of Requiel to post but what does this incident say about the much vaulted new PR company, European sales tours etc. Why wasn't someone on top of this? Disconnect somewhere as obviously some body - from a marketing perspective - decided that April would be better. (Less releases probably equals cheaper advertising etc)
3. US posts from US EB staff who say that they have discussed this with other shops to see if it is just them or whether DAoC Platinum isn't selling. ditto Catacombs wasn't that hot a deal.
4. Whose job is it to promote the product: Mythic, GoAs, joint effort?

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
My local Game retailer are directly next door to a HMV retailer and i can tell you all 99% of the time i can get more luck and information from HMV staff than the game staff, i have never seen any DAoC games/addons in game period. and to think i would have to get my catacombs from there well... that would be a nightmare in itself. www.play.com all the way for me :)

imo Game is only good for one thing, paying the rent on a unit inside a shopping center, they are utterly useless, my friend tried to get the SWG and SWG addon Game told him they wouldnt be stocking SWG no more, but could get him the new addon, hmmz great idea.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
this release is getting down right embarrassing now.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Gungo said:
imo Game is only good for one thing, paying the rent on a unit inside a shopping center, they are utterly useless, my friend tried to get the SWG and SWG addon Game told him they wouldnt be stocking SWG no more, but could get him the new addon, hmmz great idea.

yeah i had that when i wanted to get swg

Game do seem to have employees who play games and have knowledge but in most instances i speak to some idiot. Maybe the clever gamers are not allowed to answer the phones!!!!!!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Game seem to cater more for consoles these days than PCs, all they stock is the top 10 and white label shite on the shelves in any quantity.

Phoned them today and got some illiterate monkey boy who couldnt spell Camelot and asked me how to, after 5 minutes of teaching him where the letter M was on the keyboard, he said (and I quote) "It doesnt exist!, Its not on our database so it cant...", and I hadnt asked about the expansion, just the main game!

Turned out he typed it Camleot. Good use of 5p of my phone bill eh.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:
Post comes as normal on saturday :)
the main stream parcel delivery companies do not deliver standard parcels on a saturday and taking into consideration friday is a bank holiday its very unlikely there will be much movement of parcels on the saturday

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
UK release = friday
friday = bank holiday
bank holiday = no post
no post = no collections
no collections = no delivery on saturday.

so basivcally we are looking at tuesday, just glad i am away easter weekend :)

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
Just got home from Bristol city centre, and the main Game store here also has no details of release, guy even checked on system just incase was there but not on his print out, then informed me "Nope sorry mate we got no details of it"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom