Hmm...GAME not stocking Catacombs?

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Jacilja said:
Just got home from Bristol city centre, and the main Game store here also has no details of release, guy even checked on system just incase was there but not on his print out, then informed me "Nope sorry mate we got no details of it"

shite. thats where i was relying on :p

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Yeah I was in Nottingham town centre again today, and still no sign of Catacombs at GAME.

Pff.

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
remember monday is a uk bank holiday as well, so you're talking more like wednesday to get it unless they ship it early.

collegien

Can't get enough of FH
Just ordered one so i guess we will find out in a couple of days :)

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
GAME employees were clueless about ToA aswell, until the day it was released. So I wouldn't freak out about this ;)

Sugah

Fledgling Freddie
I've bought alot from play.com aswell and i just bought the catacombs bundle. Hopefully it'll arrive as stated if not then i hope they do refunds :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
that box might be the US version, be careful :)

/edit - looking closely at the picture on the play.com box, it does say GOA so that would suggest its a legit EU version.

A

Aoln

Can someone please explain to me why people are going to bother returning to the game for catacombs?

What advantage does it bring? All there is is better gfx (doesnt change anything), more PvE(woot, just what the game needs) and new classes (now brynja campers cant insta kill when adding).

Sounds worse, not better :/

Kenshiro

Loyal Freddie
Aoln said:
Can someone please explain to me why people are going to bother returning to the game for catacombs?

What advantage does it bring? All there is is better gfx (doesnt change anything), more PvE(woot, just what the game needs) and new classes (now brynja campers cant insta kill when adding).

k so you won't come back then? good, in that case stay away from these boards for now pls k? tnx...

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Aoln said:

# Easier for new players to get to 50
# More fun for existing players to get to 50 (not everyone does the moderna boogie)
# New content for those that dont play pvp exclusively
# New classes for those that have tried most of the existing ones
# Badly needed gfx updates, so the game doesnt look so dated

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Deepfried said:
new pre order sheets in today still no catacombs pre order code
and my god am i sick of all u lot saying game don't knmow what WOW and DOAC are come in my shop you soon find out we do
deepfried

This guy told me lag does`nt exist on DAOC servers (when asked why i wa s purchasing EQ2 hehe) and that it was my machines fault Oo(despite the daoc homepage apologising for lag issues and my pingplot work).Oh and they did know what WOW was due to their beta pack sales of said game.Good shop for console stuff tho_Oh and i picked up a EQ2 start guide in there without realising that it was for the console version and snottily got informed by the staff in there that if EQ2 had a guide it would be x1000000000 pages long blah blah blah.....they`re now selling the WOW strat guide for pc.Does this mean WOW is shallow in comparison?:p :worthy:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Castus said:
This guy told me lag does`nt exist on DAOC servers (when asked why i wa s purchasing EQ2 hehe) and that it was my machines fault Oo(despite the daoc homepage apologising for lag issues and my pingplot work).
That was ages ago, and most of the lag we have suffered was down to Opentransit, so technically he was right.

Aoln said:

Think youd be better off playing counterstrike.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Oh Whoodoo im so tempted to get into a lag debate (again :p) and even with this `ages ago` like its vanished now for everone im not gonna get drawn into it :)The fact was there was (is) lag and the fact is it was`nt my machines fault.

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
collegien said:
Just ordered one so i guess we will find out in a couple of days :)

any luck? i just spoke to someone in Play and they told me it was definetly the full game + 3 expansions and they have them now.

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
Forgot to say, according to quite a few people i've spoken to this morning (Game, VirginMegastore, PC World, Amazon, Simplygames, to name a few), the UK is NOT getting catacombs next week.

Outlander

Part of the furniture
I heard an invasion of pygmy farmers were running amok stealing all copies of catacombs before they reached the shops! :eek6:

Litmus

Resident Freddy
lol, getting beyond a joke now, just over 1 week until release and shops in the UK still say there release date is 15/4... so thinking about going to play US servers.

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
If i have to wait a month to play the expansion ill be slightly annoyed tbh :p Like christ, how hard is it to get it sorted, this issue has been dragging on for like 2 weeks since people picked up on it.

GOA (or whoever is responsible but ultimately its goa that is running this game, not its distributors) need to either say 'look sorry we've fked up, u cant get the game for another month' or deal with it so we can. Atm everyone is wondering what the hell is going on and uncertainity is never a good thing.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
How much of this is the fault of that stupid fucking incompetent twat at the distributors (Digital Jester if I remember correctly), the one who apparently took it upon himself to change the release date? Can this much doubt and uncertainty over the release of a major expansion all be caused by that? That guy should get fucking fired, no two ways about it.

What a total farce. When we should all be happily looking forward to playing Catacombs, most of us don't even know if we're going to be able to get the fucking thing. Nowhere seems to know about Catacombs' release date, and lots of places don't even know it exists. It's a complete shambles.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Svartmetall said:
How much of this is the fault of that stupid fucking incompetent twat at the distributors (Digital Jester if I remember correctly), the one who apparently took it upon himself to change the release date? Can this much doubt and uncertainty over the release of a major expansion all be caused by that? That guy should get fucking fired, no two ways about it.

What a total farce. When we should all be happily looking forward to playing Catacombs, most of us don't even know if we're going to be able to get the fucking thing. Nowhere seems to know about Catacombs' release date, and lots of places don't even know it exists. It's a complete shambles.

agree, Cata imo was the last lifeline daoc had as prydwen rvr is pretty dull these days and not much fg v fg activity, but it seems the release has been made abit of a dogs dinner.

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
tbh for me having to wait another month is not really the main issue (i'm used to games slipping due to bugs/etc. so waiting is np)

The rest of EU having catacombs for a month b4 the UK does is.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Anyone who can confirm that if I buy 2 version of Catacombs from a Swiss Game shop. [A game shop in Switzerland :p] - And activate it on my account, can I still install it back in the UK?

Buy and activate there
Install and play in UK?

I might be able to get a few copies while im visiting family ^^

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Adoctor said:
tbh for me having to wait another month is not really the main issue (i'm used to games slipping due to bugs/etc. so waiting is np)

The rest of EU having catacombs for a month b4 the UK does is.

Thats exactly it, not sure if i want to bother playing if everyone except english players are happily enjoying the expansion on the server for a month. First few weeks of an expansion are always the most fun imo, everyone is out exploring new areas etc and testing out new things, would be crap to be missing out on it.

Its almost funny tbh (only it isn't :z), they have 2 servers specifically for English speaking players and the country where its the first language doesn't even stock it. The fact i might have to get someone from Sweden to send me a copy so i can play is absolutely ridiculous.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if you buy a french or german version of the game you can activate it on your account and install it - will have to configure your update.dat and delete a language folder to get it working in english though (else you get a foreign client)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom