Hibs break through Snowdonia

A

Addlcove

no staff it wasn´t approved

they only killed 1 grey (claimed to be an accident)

rest is true though.

F

froler-mid

BAN EM ALL

attachment.php

:D

N

-Nxs-

Players went with explicit intentions to abuse a known bug, breach the EUAL and CoC, this was no accident.... i think there is only one outcome. There is no excuse.

K

Kurik BHM

well so what if they get 3day ban.... they actually accomplished to do something fun ingame... now thats a challenge

T

The Real Redi

So, they get banned, they get their own hyoooj whine bottle on here, then if they arent reactivated after 3 days (oooh, fear), then they go out and buy another copy...

Im not being a killjoy, but how many times have we seen things that are in blatant breach of the EULA and CoC, even as blatant as this, and see nothing at all done. We've seen people do this, post all about their adventure and get nothing more than a "Nice 1!!!" on the boards.

I don't doubt, we'll see all of these folks in the realms again, and i doubt massively that these will be the last to use the holes as it appears you can get away with breaches in EULA and CoC as long as its in good spirit. Carry on like that and it just encourages people to break it, just to see how far it takes to push Mythic before they do react...

F

Fagane

I think what they did was great, yes they should be punished, and a 3 day ban sounds about right, but _NOTHING_ more. It was just plain cool what they did.

I can only say that all members of Chosen I know are really friendly and always helpfull. So if they claim it was an accident I believe them about killing the grey.

Well done and I can only hope the next visit will not be so short :)

Fagane

J

j000 d000d

gifv Realm Invasion server :p

screw co-op

screw pvp

etc :cool:

J

j000 d000d

Originally posted by The Real Redi
So, they get banned, they get their own hyoooj whine bottle on here, then if they arent reactivated after 3 days (oooh, fear), then they go out and buy another copy...

Im not being a killjoy, but how many times have we seen things that are in blatant breach of the EULA and CoC, even as blatant as this, and see nothing at all done. We've seen people do this, post all about their adventure and get nothing more than a "Nice 1!!!" on the boards.

I don't doubt, we'll see all of these folks in the realms again, and i doubt massively that these will be the last to use the holes as it appears you can get away with breaches in EULA and CoC as long as its in good spirit. Carry on like that and it just encourages people to break it, just to see how far it takes to push Mythic before they do react...

You obviously can't see the fun in things but think if it's in breach of the EULA and CoC first?

So, like, if someone makes a joke, you probably first check if it's in breach of the EULA and CoC and if it isn't you can laugh safely, or something?

T

Turamber

I can see the funny side of this ... but an E&E being the mastermind behind it? That really IS bad !!

Don't understand why Balbor is being flamed for simply reporting events to those not online at the time. Hohum, BWorld at its best...

O

opoc

To be honest i thinkt here shouldn't be any border keep guards but instead have the higher lvl players who rvr more and stuff and all other realm people sguards the keeps so if nobody feels like guarding Drium Ligen then albs/mids are free to come on in :)

C

Cstasy

Originally posted by -Nxs-
Players went with explicit intentions to abuse a known bug, breach the EUAL and CoC, this was no accident.... i think there is only one outcome. There is no excuse.

Nxs wtf is with you recently, you want to be a police officer when your older ?

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by Lucias Varess
Nxs wtf is with you recently, you want to be a police officer when your older ?

Cant stand people who cheat - simple.

You let these people off with a 3 day ban thats hardly an encouragement to stop others from doing this kind of thing.

Where's it going to end ? If its simply a 3 day ban for entering an enemy leveling ground then a hell of alot more people will do it. Will all be treated with the same soft touch ? (assuming this talked about 3 day ban becomes true)

E

Edlina

Originally posted by The Real Redi

IMO what Hibernia did was cool and very fun, and no harm to anyone, if they had killed greys all over Albion it would have been terrible, but in this case it was absolutely no harm done. Instead I belive it brought focus to this bug (sort of bug) which will hopefully push mythic to actually fix a stupid bug like the one at Snowdonia.

About breaching the CoC and not getting banned so many necros hide their pets inside trees and walls (saw one just yesterday who has hid his pet untargetable inside a tree and stood nuking mids and hibs fighting one another) On all servers hibs and mids have reported hundreds of these incidents without any consequences at all, what about beggining with banning the players that abuse bugs for their own advantage, and actually does harm to other players in the game. (looking away from 1 grey con alb here)

IMO it was cool and amazing fun "event" spur of the moment thing after defending Hurbury.

W

Wermin

Yup, that was a pink female bard i PAed :)
And yup i was an Inconnu infil aswell :)
To bad u had speed tho, otherwise i could have killed u :p
Bards really have low HP dont they?

E

Edlina

Originally posted by Wermin
Yup, that was a pink female bard i PAed :)
And yup i was an Inconnu infil aswell :)
To bad u had speed tho, otherwise i could have killed u :p
Bards really have low HP dont they?

Bit higher than mages, but bet Gregg is better to answear that :D

O

old.Greggor

fully buffed without Sc'ed stuff with 282 Con i have 1665 Hps

This is with max druid buffs noramally get around 1600 hps fully buffed

K

kataklysm

I agree that what they did was fun and seems to have been executed in a fun way so dont like to see some of the witchhunting attitudes some ppl are taking about bans and stuff.

In the same spirit of fun I would suggest that a nice alternative punishment would be for all there characters to have to spend there next 1 hour played time trapped in camelot city so we can farm them good and proper in return :).

P

- Pathfinder -

God, you'd think they'd have fixed this glitch by now ^^ Remember using it all the time in BETA.

D

DocWolfe

I got into a mid once... was following the zone wall in upplands and appeared in vale of mularn ;) purely unintentional, had a quick wander to Fort Veldon and then suicided on bk guards. I did report it straight after ;o

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by Edlina
Instead I belive it brought focus to this bug (sort of bug) which will hopefully push mythic to actually fix a stupid bug like the one at Snowdonia.

how naive :rolleyes:

If someone enjoys nuking people with their pet in a tree fair play to them as long as they found a way to have fun! I'm sure sinister enjoyed himself immensely when he "tested" this bug over a year ago...

If nothing is done it will just pave the way so that we can charge through to enemy realms whenever we like.

O

old.Cher

Wow albion is full of bitter people, have fun, and remember its a game..........wait to alot of u its life isn't it? :rolleyes:

G

Gimly

Originally posted by old.Cher
Wow albion is full of bitter people, have fun, and remember its a game..........wait to alot of u its life isn't it? :rolleyes:

No to alot of us its a game where we try to have fun by not cheating. ;)

M

Meatballs

It affected me about || much. I just think hibs need a smackdown for thinking they can do anything as long as their running around with their delusional E&E.

C

chimaira

Tbh I would love this If I made it into hib
I luuv that bug cuz I dont have to move trough that sorry slow gate when I wanna enter from alb frontiers

but Im an alb ;)

no hibbies in our lands.

wonder what happen if they kill a important npc dude?

will he ressurect or be dead until mythic fix it?

no harm done but fix this bug

regards

D

Danya

Oh so as long as it's hibs and they're having fun it's fine to cheat and exploit bugs... Right.
Pretty nauseating seeing the number of hibs who think blatant cheating is fine because it's "fun" really, says a lot about the sort of people you have there.

D

decline

Everyone has had the dream of getting through and killing greys, so everyone saying ban, kindly FOAD.

T

Traia

Characters should instantly die when entering a enemies friendly zone imo. I don't think it is very funny running around mez'ing grey cons, you might find it terribly amusing but i seriously doubt the greycons will who are trying to play the game. Also you killed one? Sad imo.

I agree something should be done about these people.

Users who are viewing this thread