HI HI !!!! Inc from usa servers !!

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
Squalion said:
thats the main problem here atm, people dunno how powerfull ments can be in RvR

i do :)

welcome to hib and yes your right light ment/mana chanter is extremely good combo for either pve or rvr alas europe is still heavily addicted to pbaoe so i wouldnt expect that attitude to change any time soon

legar

Loyal Freddie
hehe trust me, i have played in the new frontier.
they will come in 1.70.. thats 2 patches away.

and pbaoe is hardly what it is anymore.

since it wont go trough walls anymore.

capo

Fledgling Freddie
welcome to the realm and gl looking as good as me with your chanter ^^

light mentalists sure seems nice for new frontier (dont haveto waste points in purge and moc), alot of light mentalists are in terra dominus if you wanna ask what phrases they use to get into randomgrps and so on =)

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
legar said:
RvR: Chanter gives you speed, both classes have a pet. Chanter heat debuffs targets, ment then nukes for 600-800 per spell. Chanter can also baseline nuke. Pets shut down any enemey healers/casters, tanks then die to the barrage of nukes. If it's a zerg fight, the chanter heat debuffs while the ment AE nukes the hell out of everyone (Ment AE nukes aren't effected by the spread of targets like PBaE and most other AE nukes).
Ment pets suck in RvR - if you get any distance at all from your target, you lose the pet, not realiable enough to use.
My nukes were typically 666-992 with a debuff, that was before the debuff nerf though, damage output with a chanter is very good, but that's not all that wins fights.
Tanks don't die to a barrage of nukes - they run up to you and hit you = you die because you can't cast while interrupted. It's just too easy to interrupt a caster to say they're effective in RvR.
Zerg AE - heat debuff isn't AE so not that much use, chanter is better off pbaeing. Ment AE certainly does have falloff like every other AE nuke, unless they changed ment AE specifically for some reason (seems unlikely).

This is all pre-frontiers of course, I don't know what that'll change, but unless it changes caster interrupts, it's not worth playing a caster.

Maybe you'll enjoy it, personally I didn't find the idea of having 3 tanks kill me before I could cast more than 1 or 2 spells in more than 50% of fights that interesting.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
danya get a tank with bodyguard and believe me that aint a problem i still think it sucks that instas can intterupt you though that does suck only castable spells or direct physical contact should interrupt give mages more of a fighting chance.

legar

Loyal Freddie
Danya, i wanna end the discussion about if ment suck or not :)

I am making one based on many hours on the new frontiers server, and seen them in action, a huuge topic on vnboards about what i should make here, etc :)

The new RA they wil get for RR5 is absolutely stunning,
(When cast on an enemy player or pet, this debuff will prevent that player or pet from being able to see or target the mentalist for 20 seconds. (duration unaffected by resists). 1500 range, 150 radius. 2s uninterrupted cast.)

+ the fact that mentalist are going to be the only hib caster to get this;
Static Tempest
(Delivers a 350 radius attack that procs a 3 second unresistable stun every 5 seconds for the duration listed.)

And pets are no problem at all.
port to a keep where the uber pet you want is, grab pet, and insta port to whereever to the fight is.

rvr as we know it now, is 100% completely over :)

thanks for all the welcome's
I'll be at the beetles around 8 :clap:

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
legar said:
Danya, i wanna end the discussion about if ment suck or not :)
Ok, whatever, it's your funeral. I guess hearsay and conjecture are more compelling than first hand evidence. :p

legar

Loyal Freddie
Danya if you wanna play a tank in the new frontiers :) /grin have fun

you will have the permanent task of managing seige equipment. :)
better undust that ment, and get him light.. and top notch toa gear.. you will be getting spam unheard in NF :cheers:

Anyway i wanna send a very very big thumbs up to the players here.
the tells me and my GF got are very very nice, and we are feeling right at home here.

I received a particular awesome amount of money from 1 player, and like i told him, i will repay that back. even if you dont want to.

it will be off very good use tomorrow when i go shopping in housing for some gear till lvl 20.

anyway, going to bed now.. but again.. the amount of "feel welcome" has been greater then i ever had on any server and i thank you for it..

regards

legar.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
legar said:
may i stress thought that were not here for pve :) but for rvr.. but we will have a long way to go before its so far :)

but i would be nice to get all the ML's under my chin finally.. on usa servers i never could get past ML1 because of the time difference
u can do all of ml1 except 1.10 (need a fg + itams) and 1.7(i think its 1.7, the one where u need 5 ppl standingo n pads and stuff spawns...)

with a solo buffed salamander pet + some bot heals mabye :p (speaking of which ,menta can heal his own pet - nerf.

nol

Fledgling Freddie
did vantros give you money from me? I got to watch him, he's a sneaky one!

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
Adari said:
Comma's are your friend chipper ;p

can never be assed

as for ments god i hope NF is the patch i been waiting for, for last 18 months so i can finally be useful.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
legar said:
Danya if you wanna play a tank in the new frontiers :) /grin have fun
No, I don't :p

legar said:
you will have the permanent task of managing seige equipment. :)
better undust that ment, and get him light.. and top notch toa gear.. you will be getting spam unheard in NF
Well I've had some fairly good spam in my time already actually. My ment is already light (though for RvR I'd probably watch to switch my sec spec back to ment).

Tzeentch said:
danya stop trolling
Sorry elf. :(

nol

Fledgling Freddie
danya you ever coming back? 'cos I think you owe me some gold etc...

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
:O
No, I don't think so nol. I'm sure you'll make better use of the gold than I would anyway.

legar

Loyal Freddie
@ nol

hehe not yet, but i dont really need anymore money :)

:clap:

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
well first of all. welcome to exc (even though i am off doing stuff on prydwen atm hehe)

why not a voidy eld eh? they all the rage over there on merlin etc.. aint they? :)

oh and although i dont wanna put u off exc.. far from it in fact.. just prepare yourself for a shock when u hit rvr. it's gonna take some getting used to :/

light menta/mana chanter aint best combo i heard of but its all about MAKING it work :) and i'm sure it will...

just brace yourself.. prepare for inc the likes of which u never seen anything like on merlin... and i aint kidding.

gl btw hehe :)

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
hi im nuked, i guess you know that though, never stop talking about me throughout all the daoc servers etc :eek:

legar

Loyal Freddie
@ ilaya :)

Hehe i know, i seen "dem hibbies" movie
And listening to /as while lvling :)

Dont mind fighting alb zergs though :) they drop fast :touch:

Asq

Fledgling Freddie
Always late... never on time...

but welcome nonetheless :)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
legar said:
(Ment AE nukes aren't effected by the spread of targets like PBaE and most other AE nukes).

this is not true, all AE DD's are affected by range falloff.

Now to all the ppl who think that mentalists are gimps, we are with ments since ages and they deal a lot of damage, even without heat debuff. The pets are uber in RvR, but I think you better ask a high RR ment for that (just pm one from TD, we're Nr. 1 anyways :p hihihi )

Now to you legar, pbae is still a powerful tool in RvR, especially because of the innsane cast times.

So to both sides =)) Stop telling the other side that they suck, hihi =))

Oh and ofc welcome to Hibernia you two =))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom