hey all what happens next week,,,

fungus

Fledgling Freddie
Will be awfull quiet here but who cares will be playing "Golden Era of Midgard 1.60" on italien server FTW :)

Animus

Fledgling Freddie
fungus said:
Will be awfull quiet here but who cares will be playing "Golden Era of Midgard 1.60" on italien server FTW :)

Give info on how to play that server :)

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
fungus said:

Pfft give prydwen guild on mid broc server where mids are 25% and benefit from bonuses plus has 2000-2500 primetime :/ i would go if people were interested xD

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Problem here is... What the hell to do if everyone buggers off for a couple of weeks...

I guess I'll just sit in some random keep and QQ for a while until ppl come back

Ovi1

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
The difference being, that when you kill ppl in PvP in WoW you get points so you can buy special equipments, weapons and mounts which imo is quite a boring reward system. And the fact that you can only be five ppl in each grp sucks aswell..

And another thing which must be the worst imo is that you either have to be on a server that you will get raped while exping or you have to count on ppl typing /pvp for you to battle and therefore you can decide on when or when not to fight the enemy you meet.

There are more PvP rewards that WoW are looking at, including extra "abilities and powers" (Sound like RAs anyone?). 5 people in a group seems better to me too, much easier to fill the group, and less room for Uber set-ups, hopefully.

As I said don't expect everyone to come back ;)

I have played WoW beta, I know I will have enough fun for a break from DAoC for a couple of months, beyond that we'll see. I think most DAoCers are probably feeling about the same, time for a couple of months fun in WoW, ready to come back refreshed for Catacombs if WoW doesn't last :)

/reply to Peat

This is the first game to even remotely challenge the PvP side of DAOC, which I think will mean it is more likely to keep ex-daocers attracted. I don't think it will keep all ex-daocers, by any stretch of the imagination.

In fact I expect that I will flip flop between the 2 (rather than play 2 at once), since the time between expansions is normally plenty of time for me to get bored with a game :)

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Sycho said:
Pfft give prydwen guild on mid broc server where mids are 25% and benefit from bonuses plus has 2000-2500 primetime :/ i would go if people were interested xD
/drools sounds kewl, :D givf grp :D

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
If I ever rerolled on a new server I was always certain I would have gone hib but warlock may be enough to change my mind as they look ridiculous...

We'll see how the Pryd looks in a weeks time...

Edit: Why's my signature not showing... Who stole it :twak:

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
let's PvE and craft for 2-3 weeks then! such fun will be ZZZzzz...

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh, knowing what's incoming in Catacombs doesn't make me want to invest any more time in DAoC.

robbe

Loyal Freddie
Sycho said:

pff still need do toa and no emain macha :<

Scunner

Fledgling Freddie
Think we'll loose some players but should still have enough most nights for a Guild group. Although if there is nothing much else around people will get bored and go anyway.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Sycho said:

Our Guild Group still all here, no WoW bleeding :p
Altho if server goes crap i may consider an US reroll (hint hint :D)

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
Give me a call if you ever get ppl and need another player :p

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Ovi1 said:
This is the first game to even remotely challenge the PvP side of DAOC
Have you played PvP in WoW? Cuz' in my opinion it was not nearly as good/fun as DAoC was/is. If you have I guess we just have different opinions :>

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
By time you're 40ish in WoW, the PvP is pretty damned fun. You've got most of your abilities by then PLUS you get a mount so you can zip around the gameworld quite quickly. I had lots of fun in all kinds of scrapes at 40 with my warlock.

The only thing missing from WoW PvP is the reward system (which we already all know) and some decent realm goals. I'd be surprised if they don't implement some Capture-The-Flag type things like relics or at least some benefits for taking and holding enemy towns.

RVR was not fully developed at release in DAoC, I don't know why people are complaining about a PvP/RvR system that hasn't even been released in Europe yet ;)

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Roo Stercogburn said:
I don't know why people are complaining about a PvP/RvR system that hasn't even been released in Europe yet ;)
You think they will make a different PvP system for europe than they have in the US? ^^

leviathane

Part of the furniture
hehe currently lvls a nice tank on mid/broc anyway to happen to be able to change the default language of npcs an all tht? ;)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Zebolt said:
You think they will make a different PvP system for europe than they have in the US? ^^

Euro PvP has flying mounts with eyes that shoot laser beams and rocket launchers under each wing. Oh yeh, and the poop chute drops tac nukes.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Sycho said:

Thats a pretty cool idea =)

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Roo Stercogburn said:
Euro PvP has flying mounts with eyes that shoot laser beams and rocket launchers under each wing. Oh yeh, and the poop chute drops tac nukes.
WoW meets SW :>

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
atos said:
I got an idea, why don't the more exprienced players start building groups and take in the newbs, and then slowly teach em how to play so midgard will be teh win again. :<

Good idea :) Don't know if I am to educate or be educated though... :)

I just want to kill!! kill kill kill!! :)

robbe

Loyal Freddie
atos said:
I got an idea, why don't the more exprienced players start building groups and take in the newbs, and then slowly teach em how to play so midgard will be teh win again. :<

is only about how much time u spend rvring..

anyways question was how many think they gonna stay on pryd pls no wow pvp discussion :)

Oldbone|Ramble

One of Freddy's beloved
Sycho said:
you organise it and I'll come :)

Oldbone|Ramble

One of Freddy's beloved
Im waiting Sycho, going to skin up a joint and when Im done you better sorted group ;)

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Come on msn you nutter xD , i got 6 or so interested, but i reckon people would be put off by ToA, also hard to read french for me xE

The way pryd is going people would be better off moving to german/french servers unless GOA sort their piss poor marketing out, getting a copy of daoc over here was as much chance as being struck by a lightning bolt on the same day xD

Ovi1

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
Have you played PvP in WoW? Cuz' in my opinion it was not nearly as good/fun as DAoC was/is. If you have I guess we just have different opinions :>

I didn't express any opinion on whether it was better than DAoC or not, just saying that it is the only game even worth comparing with ;)

Only played Beta so no not really tried PvP on WoW, can't stand wasting too much effort on deleted characters, hence I haven't tried to compare myself yet. I would say that it would have to be really bad to be as bad as I currently find DAoC though :(

Corran

Part of the furniture
Sycho if you really still need someone i could join :p Dont know a word of french/german so would be... interesting to say the least.

Started to level on hib/excal and got warden to 24 but lack of xp groups and people moved along with barely on at the moment (going wow now :( ) so im all alone. Thid is a laugh. hit someone a couple times. run away and let someone finish them :p

p.s. you know me. i play anything and will suck at it :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom