TV Heroes Season 3!!!!

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
The 4th Volume (still series 3) started again last night.
The episode felt quite slow, even though there was a lot going on. Still, got to see where it goes :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I thought it was class, perfect pace. Not as fast as the early season 3 episodes, but with lots happening. And a nice "to be continued". Loved the final scene.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I thought it was class, perfect pace. Not as fast as the early season 3 episodes, but with lots happening. And a nice "to be continued". Loved the final scene.

Me too It was a brilliant episode...left me wanting to see lots more! :(

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Good episode indeed

i'm glad Peter started manning up again and enjoying the pick and mix of powers at the end

GReaper

Part of the furniture
It was a good episode but..

Don't you get the feeling that it's the same thing all over again, with slightly different enemies?

It probably didn't help that they're going through the chapters in fewer episodes instead of things being over one long story arc for the entire season. I think the discovery of the abilities, discovering who they really are and learning about the company were some of the best parts of Heroes. Now it just feels like it's starting to become good guys vs bad guys?

I still enjoy it, hopefully the next episodes will come up with a decent story arc.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It was a good episode but..

Don't you get the feeling that it's the same thing all over again, with slightly different enemies?

It probably didn't help that they're going through the chapters in fewer episodes instead of things being over one long story arc for the entire season. I think the discovery of the abilities, discovering who they really are and learning about the company were some of the best parts of Heroes. Now it just feels like it's starting to become good guys vs bad guys?

I still enjoy it, hopefully the next episodes will come up with a decent story arc.

I think the point is that they are becoming their parents and making the same mistakes. But on a grander scale.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Good episode around sylar and the bennets this week. Usual humour from Ando and Hiro. What is the betting that the boy is actually Sylars father?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
What is the betting that the boy is actually Sylars father?

I actually had the same though, crossed my mind while they were talking about the thing Sylar was on as a kid. Maybe the father is like the woman/man who could morph in the first one

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I am sure he must be, he baits sylar, he knows what he wants to hear, he asking a lot of probing questions, wanting to know exactly what sylar wants with his father.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Yet more stupid writing that really fucks up the flow of the episode - the bit where Ando gets smacked over the head - Hiro runs right in and amazingly enough the guy's gone while carrying Ando. No thought to perhaps the idea that he wouldn't have gotten very far in the 3 seconds it took for Hiro to get in to the kitchen?

Plus, why the need to keep the heat on blondeyicewomanwhateverhernameisnow? The drug kit they had attached to them in the plane seemed to work quite well...

This entire show stinks of 'meh, that'll do' writing.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Good episode around sylar and the bennets this week. Usual humour from Ando and Hiro. What is the betting that the boy is actually Sylars father?

Everyone has only 1 ability apart from those that can "steal" abilities like Sylar and Peter. How would the microwave boy manage to have 2 unless he too can steal abilities and is not showing his true colours...the boy is rather smug so maybe he can

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Everyone has only 1 ability apart from those that can "steal" abilities like Sylar and Peter. How would the microwave boy manage to have 2 unless he too can steal abilities and is not showing his true colours...the boy is rather smug so maybe he can

Spoiler from building 26:
Well for the boy to be Sylar's father he would have to have the regeneration power or Sylar's mum would have to be some time travelling craddle snatcher. Also Sylar would have been able to tell if he was lying when boy said things like, "I used to talk to your father"

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
not necessarily cadelin, you are assuming there are no new powers. What if he can transform? What if he has taken control of the boys body? Remember he stuffed dead animals, maybe the boys body is just a shell he has stuffed with his spirit/life force?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
we've seen that power before when Future peter stuck present peter in that bad guys body in Section 5. Peter didnt have his own powers then only the other guys

Nate

FH is my second home
Agreed, there was some really shite writing in this episode.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Fairly good episode, the bits with Claire were cringe worthy though.

Great development of Sylar I thought, but I am getting a little tired of the Petrelli's having the same old argument every week.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
No-onelse think the boy could be Peter? It'd make sense according to his later powers and the friendship he built up with sylar in the future. The only problem being Sylars mind reading but don't think that'd be too hard for them to make a story work around for :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Infuriatingly shit writing still. Getting close to the point of not being able to watch anymore.

Was anyone slightly disappointed that Parkman didn't ask one of the guards to go across the road and fetch him some orange sheeeeeerbeeeeeeeeert?

Plus, anyone feeling the overwhelming desire to punch Nathan Petrelli in the throat? Something about the mix of his character and his whiney/gravelly voice that really grinds my gears.

Oh and I'm guessing Rebel is that annoying little spacko kid, the one from earlier seasons who can haxx0r electronics by touching them.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Infuriatingly shit writing still. Getting close to the point of not being able to watch anymore.

Was anyone slightly disappointed that Parkman didn't ask one of the guards to go across the road and fetch him some orange sheeeeeerbeeeeeeeeert?

Plus, anyone feeling the overwhelming desire to punch Nathan Petrelli in the throat? Something about the mix of his character and his whiney/gravelly voice that really grinds my gears.

Oh and I'm guessing Rebel is that annoying little spacko kid, the one from earlier seasons who can haxx0r electronics by touching them.

Don't fucking watch it then.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

Yeah, Rebel has to be Nikki's son. I don't have a problem with the writing in these episodes, I'm managing to stick with it. The bits with Claire and the constant repetition of storyline elements is a tad annoying though. I think programs like Dexter, and BSG have raised the bar recently, and we all expect more than we did before.

Oh also, Rebel has to be working with Mrs Petrelli and Bennet.

Those issues aside, did you not feel the storyline moved on well, and that the bits with Sylar were very good?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i like that its slowed down a bit, feels more like season 1. Season 2 went too fast due to the writers strike

nath

Fledgling Freddie
It's interesting that you mention Sylar and Dexter, Chet. So it turns out Sylar witnessed his mum being brutally murdered when he was a child and now he's a brutal murdered. Hmm. Where have I seen that before? :)

Don't fucking watch it then.

Try to remember Aada - just because I don't like a show that you watch, doesn't mean I don't like you. Come here and let me give you an e-hug™.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
yeah lots of parallels with dexter there. Remember with sylar though that he stopped killing. It was the company that manipulated him to kill again. Cannot wait for sylar vs daddy though. All the parent characters seem to be much stronger in their abilities, having had them longer.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Oh yeah, I guess so. I dunno - the writing is so ham-fisted that I often forget what's happened. By the way, what happened to Nathan/Peter's father? I can't for the life of me remember :\.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Oh yeah, I guess so. I dunno - the writing is so ham-fisted that I often forget what's happened. By the way, what happened to Nathan/Peter's father? I can't for the life of me remember :\.

Sylar killed him. Peter took the Haitian with him to kill him, when Peter had no powers at all. He took his time pulling the trigger and his dad was too strong for the haitian to hold. Peter took the shot and his dad stopped the bullet inches from his head. Enter Sylar who held the bullet in place, told Peter he was not a killer, and let the bullet carry on.

HOWEVER. He cannot be dead. He had Claires regen power via Peter, so only a bullet to the base of the skull can finish him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom