TV Heroes Season 3!!!!

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Season 3 of heroes kicks off in the UK next wednesday on channel 2

I cant wait, the premier 2 hour episode has already been shown in the states and is supposed to be baddass.

Season 2 was such a let down because of the writiers strike I am really hoping season 3 is a good one! Love the heroes-verse

Anyone else a fan ? Anyone looking forward to it?!1

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
dya know what ? forget it. Ive never known anything quite like this forum, everytime I seem to post I come under scrutiny by some asshat with a massive amount of rep well I cant be arsed anymore.

I thought Freddys House was a friendly, adult environment where people can post and chat about things, didnt realise that the entire forum is populated by pedantic fucktards who obviously have nothing to do other than post crap in rotort to people they dont know's posts.

:wanker:

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
dont_worry_sir_i_m_from_the_internet.jpg

I'll save this thread dammit

Uara

Part of the furniture
hahahah sparx, that image cracks me up everytime. Mainly cos i've gone airsofting before and you really do see some rather large grown men dressed up like that!

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
hahahah sparx, that image cracks me up everytime. Mainly cos i've gone airsofting before and you really do see some rather large grown men dressed up like that!

I used to love airsoft. Great past time. And yes there were loads people like the ones in the above picture

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Slight bump.

Does anyone know if the episodes will be on the BBC iPlayer? I have been waiting to watch it on the BBC but can't tonight but don't want to spend 2 hours trying to figure out how to record a program on the TV.

I know there are other places to download the show but I was hoping to watch a decent quality version.

taB

Part of the furniture
Just been wondering the same, cba to sit around till 9 and watch it then, would rather iplayer it another night.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Slight bump.

Does anyone know if the episodes will be on the BBC iPlayer? I have been waiting to watch it on the BBC but can't tonight but don't want to spend 2 hours trying to figure out how to record a program on the TV.

I know there are other places to download the show but I was hoping to watch a decent quality version.

PM Sent

taB

Part of the furniture
Watched it in the end, wasn't wowed at all. There are too many annoying characters.

Way to invent the method of giving anyone super powers in a few seconds :rolleyes:.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Watch the first ep. on iplayer. Standard of writing has dropped a LOT.

What about that big fucking trail on the "speedster" bird? It's blur on the camera that would do that, people running don't leave some freaky matter suspended in mid-air behind them ffs! The first episode is full of shitty n00b mistakes. Looks like the slating they got over series 2 being "too slow" has made them react badly as well...

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
What about that big fucking trail on the "speedster" bird? It's blur on the camera that would do that, people running don't leave some freaky matter suspended in mid-air behind them ffs! The first episode is full of shitty n00b mistakes. Looks like the slating they got over series 2 being "too slow" has made them react badly as well...

[/rant]
FFS its a super power, just accept that's how it works! If the power had worked like you had said, would the story actually be more believable? If you are going to find flaws do it in one of the many plot holes and don't try and replace one impossible thing with another!
[rant]

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm not looking for "flaws". Certainly enjoyed every moment of the first series. It's just when writers do something so obviously retarded they break my suspension of disbelief.

Even my girlfriend, who wants to like Heroes so much it's almost like Heroes' Worship, let out a pfffft! when they did that.

It was shit. Tho just watched Ep.2 & 3 with her though and they're not as rammed and looking up a little...

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Perhaps Hiro has the ability to see where things have moved in time and space...and is therefore able to follow an object that has moved.

Do you know his full powers?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Perhaps Hiro has the ability to see where things have moved in time and space...and is therefore able to follow an object that has moved.

Do you know his full powers?

I'm not willing to make shit up. They're storytellers so when it comes to stuff other than plot point stuff that's best left unsaid, what's happening on screen should be explainable.

It was there to 'look cool' and nothing more, but was a feature, rather than incidental. That's why it was shit.

I will, of course, eat my own shit if they explain this later in the series ;)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Why does everything have to be explained?
If that was the case they would run out of money very quickly!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why does everything have to be explained

Not everything does (as I said in my post). In this case I think it was a special effect just for the sake of having a special effect.

IMHO, Heroes is about a group of characters that have superhuman powers but generally on-screen they loosely obey the laws of physics. (Peter can fly, but then things can fly, hiro can travel through time, but all he actually does is disappear, flames/electricity can fly through the air etc.).

When hiro slowed time down all that should have been seen of that speedy girl was a slow version of her - not some massive non-existant con-trail. It was enough of a faux pas that three people that I know all went "hold on a sec" when that happened.

I remember a documentary which explained really well that writers of such material establish their own set of "rules" early on - and once the viewer has learned those rules it allows the writers to do outrageous stuff (within them) without breaking the viewer's suspension of disbelief.

They broke mine, and others, suspension of disbelief...

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
Maybe she occupied all space in her path simultaneously so it wasn't a trail but her. Her interpretation was that she was moving fast but thats not necessarily the case.

Hiro who freezes time can see the instance of occupied space as she warps herself from A->B

Essentially what Scouse said.

Anyway free your mind and stop over-analyzing this nonsense

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Not everything does (as I said in my post). In this case I think it was a special effect just for the sake of having a special effect.

IMHO, Heroes is about a group of characters that have superhuman powers but generally on-screen they loosely obey the laws of physics. (Peter can fly, but then things can fly, hiro can travel through time, but all he actually does is disappear, flames/electricity can fly through the air etc.).

When hiro slowed time down all that should have been seen of that speedy girl was a slow version of her - not some massive non-existant con-trail. It was enough of a faux pas that three people that I know all went "hold on a sec" when that happened.

I remember a documentary which explained really well that writers of such material establish their own set of "rules" early on - and once the viewer has learned those rules it allows the writers to do outrageous stuff (within them) without breaking the viewer's suspension of disbelief.

They broke mine, and others, suspension of disbelief...

I liked the special effect. It worked for me...

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Your over analising something trivial like that but not questioning someone who can stop time or shoot electricity from their hands? its all far fetched thats what makes it great.

Go watch the discovery channel if you want real life accuracy. And whatever you do DONT watch The Mighty Boosh. That will kill your brain

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Your over analising something trivial like that but not questioning someone who can stop time or shoot electricity from their hands? its all far fetched thats what makes it great.

I'm not over-analysing. I made the point that, compared to previous seasons, the first episode's writing seems a bit weak - and illustrated exactly why using a single example. If over-analysing is a basic discussion of the reasons behind my thinking then I'm guilty.

Go watch the discovery channel if you want real life accuracy. And whatever you do DONT watch The Mighty Boosh. That will kill your brain

I'd pick you up on two things there: 1) NEVER go to the discovery channel if you want real-life accuracy and 2) Boosh are great - been to see 'em many times. But I wouldn't say there was ever the potential they could kill brains - it's not as much hard-to-get intellectual humour as lighthearted surrealism :p

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I reckon eels up inside ya could cause some serious problems to be honest

EDIT: I know so many people who really didnt get the point of the Boosh. When you explain there isnt any real point it confuses them even more

nath

Fledgling Freddie
It seems like they've hired the entire writing staff from Smallville for this season. It's absolutely atrocious.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
smallville. LOL.

Meh, I quite enjoy it so far. I do think the pace is too fast and the revelations are a bit "smallville", but it is still fun. Wait to see where they go with the story arc, then lets judge more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom