Heretics in full group RvR

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Because a paladin and a heretic have 2 very different rolls. Casters have to SPEC to get their nukes too, does that make their nukes any worse? Plus I have battler in my 2hand slot in addition to the ABS I get from self buffs.

'Cos there are casters on alb that have more firepower and just as good interupts. Theurg, hits hard, lock down on casters with pets. It's hard to make a heretic look any better, just spamming AE interupt all fight isnt going to compete with a theurg when they can nuke aswell, it's wasted util - and besides, why use a tic when you can just have caby NS and a merc interupt?

I agree it's a problem but don't all casters have the same problem again? It's a complete pain in the arse having a bainshees guard to break through but whilst breaking through it, you're making sure that your groups casters DON'T have to break through it if you're running a caster group.....every cloud has a silver lining.

Casters do have the same problem yes, but they also hit alot harder and alot faster, burst DPS and at the same time - interupt. It affects classes with levi badly, or any class that has a magic based style procs - you also don't swing as fast as casters cast, and as heretic heat resists always come into effect - yes you might have resist perice, but that adds +50 maybe less to levi, 50% + PD will hurt levi damage, and if your hitting them hard then their gimps and you would have won anyway.

So a bainshee is just a glorified eldritch because eldritchs came out first and both classes nuke? Reavers and tics are different classes, better at different things.

I'm not denying that tics are worse than reavers, infact their much more useful than a reaver, they have more utility, they hit harder and they have more group abilities. The similarities are there though, I'm talking about the long range DoT, the lifetap DD, the debuff auras and the AOE DD's - Funny how both classes have flex and prime objective in groups is to interupt? So better at different things? Well, not really, just heretic is better at both.

Heretics are only missing TWF3 and they might aswell abolish reavers altogether - I'm surprised that 'tics didnt get evade3+ and studded/leather armor - I guess thats why they gave them PD - if you read 2 years back, you'll see people asking for these things, and what they should have done with the reaver - Another cheap ploy by Mythic, introducing a new class through an expansion thats very similar to previous classes but corrected through player feedback - i.e "Yes these are good ideas, we are not considering these changes at this time for the reaver class - however will consider them as ideas for any classes in future expansions".

TWF is being nerfed? I missed that in patch notes I still think it's one of the best RAs in game and reavers should still be considered for groups because of it.

SOJ ML7 - 20 min group essense damage resistance buff. TWF3 drops down to 90 or so damage before resists, you only want TWF for its snare as most people run out of it in 2 ticks and its situational and nowhere near as common as having that resistance buff up - Especially where albion is concerned - Most groups don't run a minstrel so your gonna see your group getting hit hard 250, then your reaver drops his TWF and sees 90 (-150), soj line is far far more common in HIB/MID than ALB.

This drops most reavers out of the whole grouping concept, RR5 is just another interupt, same with TWF - I personally, am in favor of the TWF nerf, atleast now I can buy alot of decent passives, I don't have to be asked 'You got TWF' and say yes, then go a week without a group and gimping myself solo in the process.

I rolled my tic for a laugh and only found out its potential after speccing flex for a laugh at rr3

As for the 'boast' comments, thas a little below the belt aint it? I'm just trying to clear up a lot of facts which people seem to miss when cold shouldering tics from groups; afterall, isn't this the kind of thing the forum was made for?

The more people see 'tic, I'm sure your gonna get alot more groups - their gonna see the things that were missing from the reaver and go 'Yup - Mythic got it right this time'. It's only a matter of time before all the decent guilds left start using them, and the lower RR groups seeing how effective a well played one is - Seeing thats how it works on alb - none of this logic stuff or using your brain - Hi Konah - reavers 'average' rupts? please, BL interupts, AOE DD, LT DD, Lranged DoT DD - yup 'average interupts - retard - Why do you still grace this game with your intelligence.

Sorry if I'm seeming rude or ignorant kir - your a really good 'tic, but it just annoys me seeing such a good class get ignored from groups, when they do a reavers job a whole lot better and I'm happy for albion that it's got the 'tic class, I played reaver 'cos I knew from the start I was gonna be an interupter in groups, and albs still don't see what their missing out on, which is a shame.

Zede

Part of the furniture
kirennia said:
This is what I don't get. Don't get me wrong bud, I know reavers have their fair share of groupable factors, but personally I don't know what the comparison comes down to.

If you're talking about an offensive reaver, they have almost no patch on a heretank. TWF/rr5 and bomb is nice but compared to heretics rr5 (and the fact that they have the ml8 banelord too), the only thing a reaver would have over the heretic is their bomb. Compared to DI, PR, BAoD, MoC ae snare, better damage, a LOT better defence, I really don't see the point.

The only way a reaver will better a heretank is if they have bodyguard yet a heretank will still have their own way of dealing with tanks; as well as being able to go offensive against an enemy caster group better then a reaver ever could.

Although my posts so far have sounded kinda aggresive, please list what a reaver can do over a heretank. I promise an openminded responce.

Just Det really :) Id happily take a meleetic over a merc, and would have no problem if a reaver was not around, heck im hoping for a set up in 1.83 with both !

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Varna said:
'Cos there are casters on alb that have more firepower and just as good interupts. Theurg, hits hard, lock down on casters with pets. It's hard to make a heretic look any better, just spamming AE interupt all fight isnt going to compete with a theurg when they can nuke aswell, it's wasted util - and besides, why use a tic when you can just have caby NS and a merc interupt?

Think we got our wires crossed here bud; I fully agree that albions list casters have better utility then a heretic if you're talking about just their nukes. I just made that responce to the comment about tics having to 'spec' for their AF whereas a paladin doesn't. Meaning that just because you have to spec for something, it doesn't make it any less viable.

Varna said:
Casters do have the same problem yes, but they also hit alot harder and alot faster, burst DPS and at the same time - interupt. It affects classes with levi badly, or any class that has a magic based style procs - you also don't swing as fast as casters cast, and as heretic heat resists always come into effect - yes you might have resist perice, but that adds +50 maybe less to levi, 50% + PD will hurt levi damage, and if your hitting them hard then their gimps and you would have won anyway.

A heretic will not hit as hard as a list caster over time, nor will a merc, armsman, savage, or zerk. I think that's getting more into a conversation about casters vs. tanks. Casters have range, tanks dont get interupted.

In groups nowadays, I'm finding it less and less important to stick to the MAs target and in some instances I'll be /assisting, /facing and moving to a different target on impact on purpose as I know my roll isn't to join the assist train, unless they just need a quick DPS burst to finish a target which would otherwise survive. I'm happy with tics melee damage output but would never assume to do the same damage as a caster which is free to nuke.

To put it into context, as an offensive interupt bot, my kills to deathblows ratio is roughly 8:1. So in a FG fight, I'll be sinking one of the members of the enemy group whilst doing my interupt job but I'll never claim to be someone who is doing the most damage in a typical group, I'm sure reavers or even mercs can say roughly the same if they're part of caster groups regularly.

I'm off out for the night anyway now but will probably post some more here when I get back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom