Heretics in full group RvR

kirennia

Part of the furniture
>.< Pooned said:
reaver BOMB=banelord+rr5+TWF3 = death inc

pally = 1.83 celerity to alb tank groups huuuray less space for other setups since celerity is something that albs never had and now they get it

RA= rr5 reaver aoe lifedrain helps in the mix of the terrorist bomb as i mention before

rr5 pally even if they dont love it it is a great help for groups 100 or more hp increase heal with their healchant

pally got something with heal group related also dont remember which....

gennerally tic is hard to play hard to put in a setup that rox and gennerally hard..... (hardmode) as all say take an example haxen ^^ well he is very good solo dunno how good could he be on a group but do u think that there isnt anything better?

Haxen in his video was playing solo as a rej/crush heretic. Please stop adding a rej tic to the discussion :( Although to be fair, he has respecced to flex recently as far as I've heard so would love his input on this subject.

As for hard to put in a group:

Cleric
Cleric
Sorc
Cabby
BG Armsman/pally/friar
Merc
Merc
Heretank

Or for a caster group:

Cleric
Cleric
Sorc
Body Sorc
Cabby
Cabby
Bg armsman/pally/friar
Heretic

The survivability, interupts and damage output is fantastic on both groups

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
It's like comparing mercs to minstrels because they both have access to slash :p

have seen minstrel to kill merc in duel ^^ rr9 merc vs rr6 back then minstrel

hello arkyii xDDDDD

kirennia

Part of the furniture
>.< Pooned said:

hello arkyii xDDDDD

Pfft, you know what I meant ;)

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
>.< Pooned said:

hello arkyii xDDDDD
Yeah, and I have killed a RR5 Savage wearing sc'd armor with my healer in RoG stuff. Not really a big deal. :p

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
I
Whoever said about tics not getting a decent stun, they have viper, and while it may not be much use against a caster, its enough for vs tanks and you can now (more than ever) get off full block chain ending in LT of doom :p However this is the same for reavers, although they are probably more likley to be speccing for slam.

You must find many noobs in fg vs fg that will hit the heretic so he eventually block and then he will make the viper style move and all that in a great fuss of the action strafing to kill the caster etc

lol dream on ....... xD if u can get stun in fg vs fg at the start (besides when they will kill all your group and ull left alone and they will say troll: hey who left?
kobold: that briton is like like a heretank ya?

troll: who cares KILL HIM Xd )

well i mean that catch a stun as group player is a bit hard as soloer lot easier if u got 1 target and u block ofc :)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
>.< Pooned said:
You must find many noobs in fg vs fg that will hit the heretic so he eventually block and then he will make the viper style move and all that in a great fuss of the action strafing to kill the caster etc

lol dream on ....... xD if u can get stun in fg vs fg at the start (besides when they will kill all your group and ull left alone and they will say troll: hey who left?

well i mean that catch a stun as group player is a bit hard as soloer lot easier if u got 1 target and u block ofc :)

Paralyze = Rear style stun

Repeat until grasped ;)

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
>.< Pooned said:

Well, ever tried slamming a light tank? Going by our warrior moaning it isnt easy either. However I notice ALOT more clerics stunning lately. I havent been stunned by clerics for years so its even more irritating now. :p

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
tics don't need a proper stun anyhoo, they are so hard to cc out of a fight. mez should get cured fairly fast, grapple means they can still pulse and interrupt like hell, same for root, stun means purge > tendril hell. when that happens, levi is superfun. tendril, levi levi, snare, levi levi, tendril, levi levi, etc.

biggest problem ive found so far is that while im rooted, the fight moves very far away from me because everyone else kites like hell. need to save purge for roots rather then stuns, or play a whole lot more defensive :p

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
Well, ever tried slamming a light tank? Going by our warrior moaning it isnt easy either. However I notice ALOT more clerics stunning lately. I havent been stunned by clerics for years so its even more irritating now. :p

maybe albs hibs will get aoe stun in 2 patch time like celerity in 1.83 till then dont talk about stun issues :p its just not of ur realm problem ;)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Jeriraa said:

By the time you're trying to stun a light tank, the rest of an enemy group should be dead anyway so it shouldn't matter; otherwise your MA should change his target. So far I've had no problems stunning targets which need to be stunned, unless they're immune of course :cool:

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
tics don't need a proper stun anyhoo, they are so hard to cc out of a fight. mez should get cured fairly fast, grapple means they can still pulse and interrupt like hell, same for root, stun means purge > tendril hell. when that happens, levi is superfun. tendril, levi levi, snare, levi levi, tendril, levi levi, etc.

biggest problem ive found so far is that while im rooted, the fight moves very far away from me because everyone else kites like hell. need to save purge for roots rather then stuns, or play a whole lot more defensive :p
There are ways to break a root on yourself... you just gotta be a bit creative and on someone who doesnt have to care about getting rid off the interrupts afterwards its even easier than for me playing a seer.

Edit: Not gonna explain it in detail cause its cheeky. :p People who can use their brain for more than just mashing 2 buttons will eventually know what I mean.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:

I find that quite a bit too and have to save purge myself for the exact same reason :( This is one of a heretics downfalls but is why high purge will help you a lot at higher realm rank. Until then, ae snare is the best you can do until you're hit sadly.

Jeriraa said:
There are ways to break a root on yourself... you just gotta be a bit creative and on someone who doesnt have to care about getting rid off the interrupts afterwards its even easier than for me playing a seer.

Agreed but I wont go onto that publicly ;)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:

Edit: Not gonna explain it in detail cause its cheeky. :p People who can use their brain for more than just mashing 2 buttons will eventually know what I mean.

like trying to pull a mob or pet to break the root, that will go for the first support class to do a big/spreadheal? :p if you can even find one in the middle of agramon..

and whats the discussion about trying to stun light tanks? you just shouldn't ever even think about doing it, unless they used zou already. or well, actually, stun me all you like. i dont mind. :p

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
>.< Pooned said:
maybe albs hibs will get aoe stun in 2 patch time like celerity in 1.83 till then dont talk about stun issues :p its just not of ur realm problem ;)
Exactly the kinda shit you hear from nocluers who can only repeat what they hear from others.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
like trying to pull a mob or pet to break the root, that will go for the first support class to do a big/spreadheal? :p if you can even find one in the middle of agramon..
Be more creative than that. :) And ofc I am not saying it will always work or be a smart thing to do.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Personally I really really really REALLY REALLY REALLY hope albion don't get ae stun on ANY class, for reasons which I'm sure most mids already know.

I know It'd help in certain situations but persoanlly I'm limited to PuG groups quite a lot of the time so don't like to rely on group members causing tendrils spam ;)

Off topic though so please don't continue the conversation of ae stun as it's of no relevance to the thread :p

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
and whats the discussion about trying to stun light tanks? you just shouldn't ever even think about doing it, unless they used zou already. or well, actually, stun me all you like. i dont mind. :p
Lalala, I have to admit I sometimes did it by mistake when I was still playing healer. :mad:

*ponders*

Maybe thats the reason why they made me do a shaman from scratch instead of letting me play my RR7 healer?

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
Off topic though so please don't continue the conversation of ae stun as it's of no relevance to the thread :p
It wouldnt get anywhere anyways.

Back to the heretics... I wanna play one! I really want to! Or maybe my Valkyrie? *waits for the "NO!" from the guildies and people on /as* (It's become some kind of a running gag where they already shout "no!" when I only start a sentence like "or maybe I could...")

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
Lalala, I have to admit I sometimes did it by mistake when I was still playing healer. :mad:

*ponders*

Maybe thats the reason why they made me do a shaman from scratch instead of letting me play my RR7 healer?

we fought certain groups enough to make me think they stun me on purpose, but why i dont have a clue. its quite obvious i will purge stun instantly 19 out of 20 situations, but still they insist on doing it. /shrug

but tbh, stunning a tic isn't as bad as what a shaman i wont name tried to do: instamoc the moment i smacked it, and tried to shear me for 20 full seconds. only buff that i can be sheared of is dq, cause im too lazy to use charges. :p

and yeah, you should play valkyrie. just imagine the stress you will put on clerics in a caster group when you cone shear every dq and acuity buff off mages :p

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
but tbh, stunning a tic isn't as bad as what a shaman i wont name tried to do: instamoc the moment i smacked it, and tried to shear me for 20 full seconds. only buff that i can be sheared of is dq, cause im too lazy to use charges. :p
Aww, common! We dont have to get personal here!

And tbh it usaly works... tanks run away flailing arms and crying like girls "my buffs! my precious!" especially when I get help from a nuker.

I guess I wasn't really paying attention there... my mom has a bad habbit of calling me during our sessions and then keeping me on the phone for 20-30 minutes even thou I told her repeatedly not to call me on the days we play.

Edit: Beside that there isnt much point in running from you either since the moment I turn my back on you you rip me a new one the size of the channel tunnel

and yeah, you should play valkyrie. just imagine the stress you will put on clerics in a caster group when you cone shear every dq and acuity buff off mages :p
Thats exactly what I am trying to tell them! But they are afraid I'd break mezz...

Hah! As if I'd ever get the chance for that with our paccer.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
we fought certain groups enough to make me think they stun me on purpose, but why i dont have a clue. its quite obvious i will purge stun instantly 19 out of 20 situations, but still they insist on doing it. /shrug

too many buffers don't bother with ae dex/quick on an easily accessable quickbar sadly :( It's the only solution to a valkyries cone shear realistically in the short term.

And I completely agree on the whole stun issue, I absolutely love it when casters stun me in FG warfare :D

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
Aww, common! We dont have to get personal here!

And tbh it usaly works... tanks run away flailing arms and crying like girls "my buffs! my precious!" especially when I get help from a nuker.

I guess I wasn't really paying attention there... my mom has a bad habbit of calling me during our sessions and then keeping me on the phone for 20-30 minutes even thou I told her repeatedly not to call me on the days we play.

Edit: Beside that there isnt much point in running from you either since the moment I turn my back on you you rape me new one the size of the channel tunnel

those excuses sound very convincing, shame i actually meant another shaman. :p i could never hurt a cookie :mad:

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
those excuses sound very convincing, shame i actually meant another shaman. :p i could never hurt a cookie :mad:
No excuse at all... simply an explanation. To quote one of our Zerks on Vent today: "If you answer that call I'll have to kill you! You better make sure celerity is up all the time!!!" (Was playing healer tonight AND it was the 2nd time she called me.)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
You guys hopefully know I appreciate your input on the subject, /hugs and all but I really want to keep this thread to heretank only discussions. I've not made a thread like this before so would like the first (and hopefully last) to be informative and full of an on topic discussion about the class.

Please carry on discussing, but a more on topic discussion would make me smile a lot more ;)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
No excuse at all... simply an explanation. To quote one of our Zerks on Vent today: "If you answer that call I'll have to kill you! You better make sure celerity is up all the time!!!" (Was playing healer tonight.)

haha, maybe your mum actually plays in one of the enemy groups and does it on purpose. :p

edit- sorry kir. :(

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
every grp needs a banelord and sadly melee dmg is sub-par compared to caster dmg for many and various reasons (grapple spam being a primary one)

so... if u need a banelord what are your options? merc/tic/reaver

merc: good dmg/ok rupts/avg survivability+charge
reaver: ok dmg/ok rupts/good survivability+twf3
tic: ok-good dmg/good rupts/very good survivability(if rr5)+di

i think it comes down to wether your grp favours better melee dmg or better rupts from your ruptbot, which to some extend depends how good the rest of your grp is at interrupting. tic also has more grp utility than a merc, especially in a caster grp.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Yes plus a Tic isn't useless while being grappled (yes there are people actually grappling Heretics :D) unlike a Merc.
Tic has the ability to be the best interrupter Albion has even better than a theurg (1 PBAE, goodbye pets) and has BAoD and the rr5 to make your group really tough vs most caster based groups.
Wouldn't get DI unless you are like rr9+ or something as from personal experience on my Cleric DI is either always up so you can't use it or it's drained in 1 sec in a mad battle and the 2000/3000 HP (won't add DI1 because thats pointless) in a 8v8 only is good as damage buffer to give your demezzers a bit of extra time to demez before the actual battle starts and gives you time to get in a better position as support, And since your Clerics should already have DI2+ means DI should be low priority.

Corran

Part of the furniture
I say more later when i get in from work possibly.. but...

You are going on about the fact got more abs/af. Just remember that when you have died you will need to buff up to get that again else you are just a gimpy cloth wearer that can be 2shot.

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
I don't get why you roll a class where you have to effectively spec to get ABS of a plate wearer - Most tanks have Battler - Why not just roll a paladin? If your gonna boast about it, atleast accept the fact you've gimped your character in melee. Boast about the damage you do with levi and your spells, but you don't boast about the fact that most hib groups you find with banshee, all run that lvl 30 spectral guard spell - which pulses through CTR, in addition to often RR5 being up. Your a rupt bot yes, but that just makes you a glorified reaver who has to spec highly to get decent AF. You think you've got it bad, reavers have it a whole lot worse - TWF was keeping us in groups, and thats being nerfed, RR5 is completley negated by L30 banshee ablative, banelord path is getting a counter-nerf from soj line (if it goes live) - Your gonna see alot more resists and damage decreases.

If you rolled a heretic and expected groups, see reaver and do the same as us, solo.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Corran said:
I say more later when i get in from work possibly.. but...

You are going on about the fact got more abs/af. Just remember that when you have died you will need to buff up to get that again else you are just a gimpy cloth wearer that can be 2shot.

I carry around power pots so that when I'm freshly ressed,the first thing i do is blow one of them and cast my spec AF and ABS buffs then get back to my job. MoC is also nice if I'm being interupted whilst doing this. Granted it is an annoyance but once those 2 buffs are up, my AF is back above a merc/reaver who would also be in the same predicament once freshly ressed.

The plus side of that is that I have the option of doing my own bases if I have a chance in a fight, plus the general defence is good enough to mean I'd die less often then other banelord tanks in the same situation. Also don't have to go running straight into the middle of the fight again when freshly ressed to resume my interupt job, I have range as an advantage there.

Varna said:
I don't get why you roll a class where you have to effectively spec to get ABS of a plate wearer - Most tanks have Battler - Why not just roll a paladin?

Because a paladin and a heretic have 2 very different rolls. Casters have to SPEC to get their nukes too, does that make their nukes any worse? Plus I have battler in my 2hand slot in addition to the ABS I get from self buffs.

Varna said:
If your gonna boast about it, atleast accept the fact you've gimped your character in melee. Boast about the damage you do with levi and your spells, but you don't boast about the fact that most hib groups you find with banshee, all run that lvl 30 spectral guard spell - which pulses through CTR, in addition to often RR5 being up.

I agree it's a problem but don't all casters have the same problem again? It's a complete pain in the arse having a bainshees guard to break through but whilst breaking through it, you're making sure that your groups casters DON'T have to break through it if you're running a caster group.....every cloud has a silver lining.

Varna said:
Your a rupt bot yes, but that just makes you a glorified reaver who has to spec highly to get decent AF.

So a bainshee is just a glorified eldritch because eldritchs came out first and both classes nuke? Reavers and tics are different classes, better at different things.

Varna said:
You think you've got it bad, reavers have it a whole lot worse - TWF was keeping us in groups, and thats being nerfed, RR5 is completley negated by L30 banshee ablative, banelord path is getting a counter-nerf from soj line (if it goes live) - Your gonna see alot more resists and damage decreases.

TWF is being nerfed? I missed that in patch notes :( I still think it's one of the best RAs in game and reavers should still be considered for groups because of it.

Varna said:
If you rolled a heretic and expected groups, see reaver and do the same as us, solo.

I rolled my tic for a laugh and only found out its potential after speccing flex for a laugh at rr3 ;)

As for the 'boast' comments, thas a little below the belt aint it? :( I'm just trying to clear up a lot of facts which people seem to miss when cold shouldering tics from groups; afterall, isn't this the kind of thing the forum was made for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom