Here comes 1.65 kiss goodbye to midgard :]

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Improvise, overcome and adapt.

Those that leaves Midgard because some of it has taken a beating from Mythic is probably a high percentage of fotm-rollers/guilds that cant hack it if they cant have the best possible conditions to win. The guilds and players that stay are the ones with true worth in my mind.

Furthermore, I've heard that savages still are very good in RvR and the favoured melee-class in all those badass, optimized guild-groups.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Marcus75 said:
Those that leaves Midgard because some of it has taken a beating from Mythic is probably a high percentage of fotm-rollers/guilds that cant hack it if they cant have the best possible conditions to win. The guilds and players that stay are the ones with true worth in my mind.

mids just have had very little to look forward to, i think. It isnt the nerfs that is so bad (well except for the we must own without thinking), it is the lack of getting something really nice (zerk nerf was really nice for hib/albion:p).

I do know a few people who left and some who are leaving and most of them arent actually fotm people. However I wouldnt have a clue wether this isn't the same on other realms. But having a few patches followed up with biggest item is a nerf on a mid char isnt something that makes you look forward to those patches.

Ow btw ASD spam is almost useless now (to the one who named mids had it as advantage) as it doesnt interupt now anymore like it did before(pre 1.63).

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
oh crap, there'll be even more infs and crit spec sbs now that they've let this cat out of the bag -

"Styles that must be performed from Stealth now correctly state this when delved."

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Bishibosh said:
"Styles that must be performed from Stealth now correctly state this when delved."

Damn, so that's what I've been doing wrong all this time! :D

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
Smurflord said:
Damn, so that's what I've been doing wrong all this time! :D

noo the education has started :p
u dont want PA to work honestly, u get this smelly style after which means that DF doesnt work properly for a while after :S

Boomeruk

Fledgling Freddie
my few cents

focus nerf: yea, it messed up lots of peoples raids which sucked... but there goes all your cheap prices, so good luck in farming for hours and hours on end to get that TG thing you need. Roo, cant really compain about summ spec line being screwed cuz its just one of those "invisible" lines, only ever specced it to farm or pl.

savage nerf: needed, yea, obviously, but lets look at what else you have to play, a skald? hmm no ta, a thane? riiight.... (even with the pathetic boosts to skalds and thanes they will still be way under par to any other realms equivilant.)

Debuff nerf: about fecking time

keep changes: no more deadly shadows "look we can wtfpwn all your keeps in under an hour with our 4fgs of overpowered infis and mincers"

imo:

givf skalds stealth (and all the funky shit that comes with it)
givf thanes Det
givf champs Det
put dragon fang on 2nd in evade chain and lower to 6s
remove chanters stun
remove the summ line from sm's
bring healers into line with other realms counter-parts.

:drink:

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Boomeruk said:
put dragon fang on 2nd in evade chain and lower to 6s

Ok, this would make it identical to the hib evade reactionary stun style.
That's only a level 25 style. Why should we spec all the way to 50 to get something other realms get at 25.

The 50 styles SHOULD be good and something special. Otherwise why bother?
Just look at ragnarok, leviathane, annihilation etc.

Boomeruk

Fledgling Freddie
Smurflord said:
That's only a level 25 style. Why should we spec all the way to 50 to get something other realms get at 25.

i'd trade ragnerock for dragonfang as an sb anyday.

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Well all mids screaming bloody murder should ask themselfs if the LA-nerf did put Berserkers down that much compared to the hib Blademaster and the alb Mercenary? From what I hear they are still good as a reliant damage-dealer.

The Savages nerf will for sure hurt some but I find it very unlikely, from what Ive read and heard, that they will be so bad from now on. Also consider the fact that mids have 2 very good meleers even after this nerf and, considered by many, the best defensive tank in the game: the Warrior.

I dont even think the la-nerf was that horribly bad even for SBs....sure they couldnt own everything in sight but I think I have at least a 50% wins 50% loss vs. Infils and NS's since the patch - and I aint at all good at playing a SB.

Ive even seen alot of people on VN Boards saying the skald is a good class for a hybrid now.

And to finish my post I think that both the LA-nerf and the Savage-nerf have come thanks to some Albs and Hibs that got hit hard a few times and then run off thinking its something we do anyday of the week and twice on sundays. And scream bloody murder. :p

PBAEhero

Fledgling Freddie
on US we got this awhile ago

Savages are still good, if not the best light tank

Focus pulling still works, but only with Ment HoT

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
No gimp classes just gimp players.

Anyone can take a crap class and work at it to make it good. Its people who take a good class and expect to be good that gets my goat.

and woot bye bye savage train noobs.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Awarkle said:
and woot bye bye savage train noobs.

i wouldent count on the savage train will dissapear.. even after the patch savages will be the best light tank in the game.... yes they fixed so they couldent quad as much as they used to.. but they ALSO upped the chance for tripple hits... so as for damage over time nothing will change for a savage.. he will just tripple more and quad less..

and the self buffs... well.. halv the duration and halv the cost... nothing big there either.. just fire it again after 15 sec....

so i think u will still be wtfpwnd by savage trains :)

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Smurflord said:

hmm mids dont have any lvl, any style what direct stun like dragonfang.
we here in eu server see patches copple forward, and what notice there is nothing to waite for mids, instead going more and more alb love.

thane/skald love is nice but why same time give more love minst? allready enough these fotm st group roaming around.

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
i wouldent count on the savage train will dissapear.. even after the patch savages will be the best light tank in the game.... yes they fixed so they couldent quad as much as they used to.. but they ALSO upped the chance for tripple hits... so as for damage over time nothing will change for a savage.. he will just tripple more and quad less..

and the self buffs... well.. halv the duration and halv the cost... nothing big there either.. just fire it again after 15 sec....

you forgot one more thing, the self buffs eat alot more health now.

Haruh

Fledgling Freddie
I just wish zerks would have an alternative to spec in. Ofcourse you can go 50Axe/Sword/Hammer and 50Parry, and go 2h. But then you'll have unused points.

I say remove the zerk ability which comes by lvl. and put it into a specline but make it more powerful (having high spec in it means you might be able to evade etc.)

This might not be a good idea at all, but I just want an alternative to Left Axe.

And on the midgard nerfs (Which is really what this thread was all abuot)I'd say they aren't that bad... but ministrel and infils are still ridiculously good.
nerf! :twak:

Garnet

Fledgling Freddie
hehe the poster is a noob..kiss goodbye to Midgard my arse. Lets look at the facts for savages:

FACT - Their damage per hit hasnt changed (except for weapons other than claws and greeves). An average savage hits for 200 with main hand, so thats 800 damage in a 4 savage assist train, this is with one round full of single hits never mind triple or quad hits :x.

FACT - Savages still have their super defense even though their shouts last half as long and cost more hp but that is solved by healers and maybe RAs.

FACT - Savages will still wtfpwn people after patch, not as fast as before but still will kill people.

The true savage nerf comes with TOA I think due to ML abilities such as bodyguard, well against hibbies it will be. Pbaoer covered by bodyguarder ><

Fayle

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:

Patch notes say that the 'fix' will downgrade the damage over time.
Read them before commenting on it plz.

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Garnet said:
hehe the poster is a noob..kiss goodbye to Midgard my arse. Lets look at the facts for savages:

FACT - Their damage per hit hasnt changed (except for weapons other than claws and greeves). An average savage hits for 200 with main hand, so thats 800 damage in a 4 savage assist train, this is with one round full of single hits never mind triple or quad hits :x.

FACT - Savages still have their super defense even though their shouts last half as long and cost more hp but that is solved by healers and maybe RAs.

FACT - Savages will still wtfpwn people after patch, not as fast as before but still will kill people.

The true savage nerf comes with TOA I think due to ML abilities such as bodyguard, well against hibbies it will be. Pbaoer covered by bodyguarder ><
Ye the title was a semi joke ... but i suggest u look in the mirror before calling me a noob tbh rodent :)

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
Fayle said:
Patch notes say that the 'fix' will downgrade the damage over time.
Read them before commenting on it plz.

Unless I understand it wrong, the damage over time will drop due to the less chance to quad, so get a grip is thats the cause :p

If not, I stand wrong, corrected, and appologise :)

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Pffft, a little nerf like this won't be the of midgard. As long as there are players with skill and dedication Midgard will always be a force to be reckoned with!

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to play my chanter and my theurgist :p

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
People adapt (well those that arent bandwaggoning). There are still zerkers about and there are still zerkers entering the game, I'm sure the same can be said of any class that the forum calculator bunnies have now decided is unplayable (will not win 95% of all encounters it gets into). Because, and this might confuse a few people, some play the class because they find it fun and it's the one they enjoy the most.

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
Shagrat said:
People adapt (well those that arent bandwaggoning). There are still zerkers about and there are still zerkers entering the game, I'm sure the same can be said of any class that the forum calculator bunnies have now decided is unplayable (will not win 95% of all encounters it gets into). Because, and this might confuse a few people, some play the class because they find it fun and it's the one they enjoy the most.

But...but...they must be uber!

Spoken well by a good man.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I don't like the look of the changes 2hd line tbh :/

Albion 2handed

- Doubler has been changed to a rear positional, medium damage snare style.

- Sun and Moon has been changed to a high damage 7s stun style that chains off of doubler.

Snare I wouldn't mind, but a stun.. almost as annoying as hibs LW.

Why hasn't any/many brought this to attention either?

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
I don't like the look of the changes 2hd line tbh :/

Snare I wouldn't mind, but a stun.. almost as annoying as hibs LW.

Why hasn't any/many brought this to attention either?
Reason I respecced to 2H, and seen quite few others aswell.
Watch out!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Though of course I won't be logging on to see it, I was immensley impressed with the patch notes for 1.65 where both my spec lines get nerfed (dark + summ) and I get a single line respec.... which wouldn't be enough to fix it if I decided to change. If I'd been sticking around, for the first time since I started playing I'd have been tempted to change and maybe go 41 sup 36 dark from 47 Dark 26 summ... guess what? No chance with a single line respec.

Same think happened to SBs - a nerf meant the whole spec was out of whack for many and juggling to get something they believed was effective took more than the feeble single line respec.

Yes, you can go on endless item hunts to hopefully win a respec stone in a lotto but when your char gets nerfed I don't think its right you should pay a penalty like that.

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
r00 Stercogburn said:
Yes, you can go on endless item hunts to hopefully win a respec stone in a lotto.....
Buy one..
Every other CM in alb sells respec stones. Seen single-line go for 500g.
Or mebbe they are rare in mid :(
WHy dont u /respec Realm, step into the light and come fight for teh glorious realm of ALBYN! :clap:

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
I think savages MIGHT need to learn the difference between a mage and a heavy tank now. A little while ago a hero and a BM in my group got nearly insta killed at the same time (took about 2 sek). And I dont think I would notice if they used a "WTFPWN 100000000 dmg per hit nerf roxXorz" cheat.

Using savages is exploiting. (exploiting the stupidety of mythic etc).

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Smurflord said:

No, let me think, that a hard one, hmm, oh, I got it, because infils has 2.5 spec points and hit ALOT harder with 50 spec?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom