Here comes 1.65 kiss goodbye to midgard :]

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
730
http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1760

1.65 is knocking at your door !
[2004-2-02]

And there we go, the version 1.65 is ready and will be patched on all European servers tomorrow. All servers will be coming down at 8am GMT (9am CET) and will slowly come back up after that. Current schedule is to have all servers back up around noon tomorrow (Tuesday, 3rd of Febuary).

As usual, be sure to check the patch notes since these two patches (1.64 & 1.65) will bring many changes to your day to day DAoC playstyle.




As with any previous major versions there may be some unexpected problems that would require some hot fixes. We will keep you informed . Enjoy !
 

acei

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
387
/kiss Midgard (Savages)
/kiss Focus pulling
/cheer Albion + Hibernia
 

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
1,291
Additional patch notes:

- With this patch we finally erase Midgard and convert all midgardian characters into thrust iniltrators. :flame:


Btw dunno why savages cry, the biggest hit with the nerfbat goes into cabalist's back, they were too overpowered for sure :kissit:
 

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
730
Tafaya Anathas said:
Additional patch notes:

- With this patch we finally erase Midgard and convert all midgardian characters into thrust iniltrators. :flame:
lol
 

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
597
tbh i dont mind bout this patch make all them fotm guys have to reroll again. i h8 them guys made it so i had to reroll cos i couldent get groups with my thane. :/ btw i play a skald now ;)
 
A

Aoln

Guest
Errr... savages are still stronger than BMs and Mercs though.. ;o
 

Septina

Resident Freddy
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
4,746
Aoln said:
Errr... savages are still stronger than BMs and Mercs though.. ;o
They cant 1shot enemy support anymore tho = TEH QUIT! :(
 

kain

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
85
plus a little thane love, not enough but getting there..... verrrrrry slowely.

a few more patchs and I may be able to kill an AFK retarded bard whos had both arms chewed off by a Savage.
 

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,255
Good midgard players will not quit and not every mid plays a savage to be successful(look at zarff for example rr9(?) runie on pryd and was still playing in the tank era, also midget mafia used sms and kicked ass)
 

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
730
Sycho said:
Good midgard players will not quit and not every mid plays a savage to be successful(look at zarff for example rr9(?) runie on pryd and was still playing in the tank era, also midget mafia used sms and kicked ass)
rr9 after 2 years played ye (no offence dorf ur my hero) :] and mm never had EC and np to deal with all the time ?
 

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
805
Septina said:
They cant 1shot enemy support anymore tho = TEH QUIT! :(
hehe, thats how it goes. Savages arent even gonna be bad at all, but all the fotm noobs think so and thus savage population is gonna decrease a lot
 

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
805
snoz said:
rr9 after 2 years played ye (no offence dorf ur my hero) :] and mm never had EC and np to deal with all the time ?
atleast NP, not sure which guild you're referring to with EC
 

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,228
- We now, by default, display RvR combat deaths in the color of the realm scoring the kill.

Example:

(green text) Bob was just killed by Hibchar!
(blue text) Bob was just killed by Midchar!
(red text) Bob was just killed by Albion Keep Lord!
If I were a conspiracy theorist I would think that this is an example of how Mythic hates Albion and wants it so that the only Albion classes able to kill something will be NPCs. :p
 

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
4,486
SMs nerfed this patch too, and not just the farming FDS spec. Yes, I know cabbies get the same nerfbat.

Believe what you want if you don't play Mid, Mids are leaving in droves, and not just the fotm gank players. A lot of Mids that still have time to run on current subs simply don't log on any more and you can see this across the board in many guilds and not just RvR-optimised/fotm whatever you want to call it.

On the US servers, Mid has more /level 30 than any other realm, even including the fact that 3 just got taken off this.

The only thing remaining that albs have to whine-nerf is bonedancers but since these are not hugely effective in FG or zerg RvR then its not going to happen and infs and mincers are still going to have to accept a class exists in another realm that they can't wtfpwn all the time.

Mythic are continually making it less desirable to play Midgard. Less classes to choose from, continual nerfbatting, the shit end of the stick when it comes to RAs, and mostly only giving a few classes minor improvements that don't help one single iota in RvR. Ah how the summoning SMs leaped for joy when they realised they were going to become uber in RvR with a tough pet that can, er, do bugger all. (The laugh is that the intercept ability ain't no use if you have to send your pet off all the time to do the fighting for you. Sum SMs seriously got screwed there - if Summ SMs pet at least had a ranged attack they could keep the intercept ability useful to a degree).

If anyone can hand on heart say they don't think that all these factors combined don't have a negative effect then they have the intellect of a yoghurt or are in denial to a degree that makes them not worth debating with.
 

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,132
U have savages
U had ASD spam
U have 3 healers in a group

Please, you've had your fun, now it's our turn.
 

Zarff

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
78
snoz said:
rr9 after 2 years played ye (no offence dorf ur my hero) :] and mm never had EC and np to deal with all the time ?
Just a little side note, I pve'ed alot int those 2 years, it was just in the end I turned up the speed with the rp farming, it's very possible to rp farm even if your class isn't UBAH...it all comes down to dedication.
 

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
697
To be honest, if the fotm people want to quit because they can no-longer 1 shot people and now have to play tactically, then I say good riddance. Leave the decent and skilled Midgard players to play the game properly.
The truly skilled people will still be able to RvR well.
 

Mimen

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
262
Smurflord said:
To be honest, if the fotm people want to quit because they can no-longer 1 shot people and now have to play tactically, then I say good riddance. Leave the decent and skilled Midgard players to play the game properly.
The truly skilled people will still be able to RvR well.


i agree completly there are still some good sbs and zerks playing even after there damage was reduced to wet noodle proportions


/salut
 

Zaffa

Loyal Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
296
damage like the other light tanks? yeah, compared to savages :p
 

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 29, 2003
Messages
2,047
Kinda looking forward to this patch, the focus nerf will be good for all realms. Especially Midgard - TG has been under seige by focus farmers for too long, as for the Savage nerf well sooner or later all Mid tanks will be fucked, and then maybe Mythic will realise they've fucked up and start nerfing hib/alb tanks.

On a side note, Horray for +skill/magic all and 150ablatives on TG sleeves/legs :D
 

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
730
Tareregion said:
U have savages
U had ASD spam
U have 3 healers in a group

Please, you've had your fun, now it's our turn.
please hush
 

fionnel

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
153
Don't see the reason 'Mids are leaving in droves', as there are two class nerfs:

Rvr nerf for savage (can't believe anyone seriously thought they would escape the nerfbat), which doesn't make the class obsolete though. If people are leaving due to this, then good riddance.

Rvr nerf for dark sm's/rc rm's due to debuffs debuffing for less- that hurts but there's traditionally a low number of people playing casters in midgard, hurts hibs 10* more as well. And still, i don't feel it makes caster groups unviable, just a bit tougher. Both classes though still have viable rvr specs-suppression.

Pve nerf for summoning sm's-how many were there anyway which weren't created specifically for TG farming? Don't think many people will leave due to fds nerf, since it wasn't even a popular way of pulling in Midgard like hib.

I really don't see which is the class that has been nerfed without justification and i don't see how this will affect Midgard's performance to a point where they will have to mass quit because they can't compete. I feel mid is going to be as strong as ever.

In fact, two classes which are quite popular in Midgard, Thane (for the looks :p) gets a small boost (ok, propably not enough) and skald gets a considerable one, even the constant vn whiners seem happy with skalds now.

As for the level 30 server, it's same number as hib ones and i don't feel that atm hib is underpowered or anything, /level 30 is hardly an indication of gimpness.

I agree that Mid has many classes/specs which are not that useful/viable/wanted rvr-wise but that's hardly different from alb/hib.
 

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
4,486
Oh don't get me wrong, the FDS was abused something rotten and created an amazing amount of bad feeling because there are a lot of greedy and selfish people that happily spoiled raids for others. However, its actually all the Sum SMs were good at, they have nothing else to offer. If you take something away, you really should give something back to give the (sub) class some kind of function in the game - Summoning isn't even that good a support spec because the only thing on it useful in RvR is the rez, everything else that looks good is so high up the specline you'd have to be a complete donkey to spec high enough to get it while lowering your primary line.

Its not actually just this patch alone, its a cumulative effect over time.

1.65 isn't the sole cause. If you read my post I did actually say continual nerfs, 1.65 is only the latest of them. You can't just keep taking away without people getting fed up. The Summ SM example above is just one instance of a subclass having their defining feature destroyed and nothing given back if people want to continue in that spec.

But anyway, its done, and all peeps can do now is sit back and watch the effects.
 

Coren

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
310
The nerfs and the love at least are fairly mild - Mythic have a history of knee-jerk reactions and overdoing things, so its nice to see them taking things a bit slower and seeing how things work out before deciding whether to do more.
 

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
805
Roo Stercogburn said:
Oh don't get me wrong, the FDS was abused something rotten and created an amazing amount of bad feeling because there are a lot of greedy and selfish people that happily spoiled raids for others. However, its actually all the Sum SMs were good at, they have nothing else to offer. If you take something away, you really should give something back to give the (sub) class some kind of function in the game - Summoning isn't even that good a support spec because the only thing on it useful in RvR is the rez, everything else that looks good is so high up the specline you'd have to be a complete donkey to spec high enough to get it while lowering your primary line.

Its not actually just this patch alone, its a cumulative effect over time.

1.65 isn't the sole cause. If you read my post I did actually say continual nerfs, 1.65 is only the latest of them. You can't just keep taking away without people getting fed up. The Summ SM example above is just one instance of a subclass having their defining feature destroyed and nothing given back if people want to continue in that spec.

But anyway, its done, and all peeps can do now is sit back and watch the effects.
Well summ is one of those "broken" speclines, kinda like warrior's thrown, noone specs in it. Just dont care about it and think there's only dark and supp :p
 

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
585
Wee thane love and skald love :rolleyes: ... well they will still suck compared to there "counter parts" , pally/champions and minstrel/bard.......

guesse we will just have to keep taking a beating.. but wtf its allways been easier to hit someone who is allready lying down........
 

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
891
Roo Stercogburn said:
If anyone can hand on heart say they don't think that all these factors combined don't have a negative effect then they have the intellect of a yoghurt or are in denial to a degree that makes them not worth debating with.
lol that the most stupid u can say if u want a good discusion. u could just have said it r only what i say that right and all there means something else should be flame.. [sarcasem] u could be a good dictator :D [/sarcasem]
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom