help with new router

Ormorof

FH is my second home
ok, ive just got a brand spanking new Netgear DG834GT wireless router to replace my old crappy one.

however i cant connect to the internet on my new one, it gives me this message when i run the test

routertest.gif

is that a problem with my router that i need to sort out?

the router came with the latest firmware thats been released for it so cant even upgrade that :(

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
ok, ive just got a brand spanking new Netgear DG834GT wireless router to replace my old crappy one.

however i cant connect to the internet on my new one, it gives me this message when i run the test

routertest.gif

is that a problem with my router that i need to sort out?

the router came with the latest firmware thats been released for it so cant even upgrade that :(
seems like dsl connection not beeing established, might help if you said what provider you got

Ormorof

FH is my second home
sibanac said:
seems like dsl connection not beeing established, might help if you said what provider you got

sorry im on 2MB BT Yahoo :p

im thinking it must be my new router since i can use my old router fine, but dont know what it is :(

Chilly

Balls of steel
are you sure you have everything configured correctly?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i dunno, thats my problem really, BT support are about as useful as a duck with no wings, at least the people ive talked to are :(

i really dont have a clue whats wrong with it atm :(

Athan

Resident Freddy
Sooooooooo, is there an admin/config page on the old router at all (or, *shudder*, is it actually a DSL modem ?), if so go look up things like VC, login, pass, etc. on that and note them down to make sure they're set correctly on the new one.

-Ath

Ormorof

FH is my second home
erm, i dunno why, or how, but the wireless one just started working last night :p

i didnt change any settings, just left them how they were earlier, however the old router has stopped working now :eek7:

oh and the settings were correct i assume, since it works, i had all the VC, login and password info from ISP so i dont think it was that that had caused to problem :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom